Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 146128 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:54 - Jul 6 with 2096 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:33 - Jul 6 by Brightonhoop

Carry on talking the country down, Essex? Pound hit 1.16 against the Euro this morning, but dont let facts get in the way of a dumb ideology.

As wel as the propertty cash outs, Londons biggest lenders to foreign investors started advising caution on London last week and have since declined all Loan requests on a far too high risk basis.

It's a crash, just no one dare mention it. It's an absolute car crash and hasn't even started yet. That's not talking anything down but fact, when Article 50 is finally triggered. then the wheels really come off.

See that stable economy with potential for growth we had back in May? Gone for a decade. Maybe two,. But at least you gotch yer kuntry back. lol

Boris and Fromage looked over the trenches onto the battlefield, turned and ran. Fact.

1, Its been only 11 days ....
2 , Show me a post where I spoke about getting my country back ( note the lack of a veiled insult there)
3, Only Farage could be accused of running scared and he actually isnt a MP so didnt have to sort anything .The Boris thing was different.
4 ...again ..Its only been 11 days
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:05 - Jul 6 with 2071 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:54 - Jul 6 by essextaxiboy

1, Its been only 11 days ....
2 , Show me a post where I spoke about getting my country back ( note the lack of a veiled insult there)
3, Only Farage could be accused of running scared and he actually isnt a MP so didnt have to sort anything .The Boris thing was different.
4 ...again ..Its only been 11 days

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:14 - Jul 6 with 2038 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:48 - Jul 6 by Mytch_QPR

That's why I don't think they will trigger A50. By the time they get round to doing that the damage will be very apparent and they will probably have to have a rethink to prevent a meltdown.

It sounds unlikely but it's just possible that they do know what they are doing (the politicians, that is) but they're doing a very passable impression of a bunch of headless chickens who don't know their collective arses / elbows. Clever, eh?

Let's hope so Mytch. I wonder at which point the Generals step in to salvage what remains of the UK economy and retain the remaining Gold at BoE?

Essex, only 11 days you say? Where do you think the UK economy will be in 11 days time based on the current trajectory of fcking disaster? No vieled offence intended at the 'got the country back' to you personally but that was the basis presented and what far too many people voted on and for, a complete falsehood, like the £350 Mill for the NHS pedalled by Fromage and Boris who need locking up for treason. And the real run on the economy is yet to come.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:17 - Jul 6 with 2036 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:14 - Jul 6 by Brightonhoop

Let's hope so Mytch. I wonder at which point the Generals step in to salvage what remains of the UK economy and retain the remaining Gold at BoE?

Essex, only 11 days you say? Where do you think the UK economy will be in 11 days time based on the current trajectory of fcking disaster? No vieled offence intended at the 'got the country back' to you personally but that was the basis presented and what far too many people voted on and for, a complete falsehood, like the £350 Mill for the NHS pedalled by Fromage and Boris who need locking up for treason. And the real run on the economy is yet to come.

Sorry about the offence bit .I know you wasnt calling me that and I still posted it .....let meself down there ..
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:20 - Jul 6 with 2018 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:17 - Jul 6 by essextaxiboy

Sorry about the offence bit .I know you wasnt calling me that and I still posted it .....let meself down there ..

No worries on that one at all.

I'd genuinely get the Generals back in. BoE is losing Gold like confetti and it needs halting in its tracks before the BoE collapses, that is where this is headed. IMHO
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:24 - Jul 6 with 2025 viewsbob566

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:14 - Jul 6 by Brightonhoop

do you think there'll be a run on the banks Brighton?

It will be carnage if that happens
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:26 - Jul 6 with 2018 viewsTheBlob

We've been giving something like 1000tonnes per month of the yellow metal to China.
Thing is it's not ours,it's the safekeeping gold and replaced by i.o.u's.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 13:27]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:33 - Jul 6 with 1986 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:24 - Jul 6 by bob566

do you think there'll be a run on the banks Brighton?

It will be carnage if that happens

Not wanting to talk the UK or Economy down ( my rent and outgoings have gone up by about 15% since the vote so a useless pound to me is a useless pound) It's the ideal opportunity for them to rip us all off twice. The Italian Banks had a major wobble yesterday and nearly, very nearly, fell over as a direct result of Brexit, and the pound has still fallen despite one of the larger Euro economies nearly falling over yesterday. And these are Banks we've told have been stress tested to oblivion....
IMHO yes, we are days away from a run on the banks despite the liquidity of £150 Bn from BoE, commercial and domestic property is on the brink. And the City of London is preparing to head off into the EU.
The biggest problem we have got is that Parliament, is in cahoots with the Corporations to fleece the British people and economy for their own gain.
I would genuinely welcome a Military coup now in the UK, suspending Parliament for 12 months because I cannot see the BoE having any Gold left by Xmas on this trajectory of collapse.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:37 - Jul 6 with 1989 viewsBoston

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:26 - Jul 6 by TheBlob

We've been giving something like 1000tonnes per month of the yellow metal to China.
Thing is it's not ours,it's the safekeeping gold and replaced by i.o.u's.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 13:27]

Yes gents, the breadsticks vote....they're staying in France.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:33 - Jul 6 with 1949 viewsTacticalR

I think it's important to study the deeper decay of the British economy rather than the daily fluctuations of the stock market.

'First estimates for 2014 suggest that output per hour in the UK was 20 percentage points below the average for the rest of the major G7 advanced economies, the widest productivity gap since comparable estimates began in 1991'

'UK productivity in 2014 was...lower than that of France, Germany and the US by 32-33 percentage points'

International Comparisons of Productivity - First Estimates: 2014 (Office for National Statistics, 18 September 2015)
http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/economicoutputandproductivity/productivitymeasures

'Many countries have suffered a productivity slowdown since the financial crisis, but the UK’s experience has been particularly bad: its workers are now 14 per cent less productive than they would have been if the pre-crisis growth trend had continued.'

UK productivity falls by most since financial crisis (FT, 7 April 2016)
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/e8b0639c-fcaa-11e5-b5f5-070dca6d0a0d.html

Air hostess clique

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:43 - Jul 6 with 1861 viewsTheBlob

The banks are going to go down - not a question of if but when.They're all cross contaminated by spreading the load on derivatives,and when the first big one goes down Brexit won't be to blame although they'll try.Rotten to the core since 2008,which one first?Santander?Deutsche Bank?There will be a lot of squawking when the deposits within get used for bailout money.Don't forget now when you put your loot into a bank it's no longer yours - it's the property of the bank to do whatever they want.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:50 - Jul 6 with 2346 viewsstumbleandfall

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

The article is over three years old.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:18 - Jul 6 with 2339 viewsDannytheR

Here's one from three hours ago.

http://fortune.com/2016/07/06/france-replaces-britain-among-worlds-five-largest-
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:38 - Jul 6 with 2276 viewsBrightonhoop

Italy is an interesting one. It has the fourth largest gold reserve in the world, behind USA, Germany and the IMF. About 9 times that of the BoE! It came from Mussolini, he made all gold state property, from wedding rings to gold teeth.

So how can Italy ever go bankrupt? Why has it made zero growth n 15 years?

Maybe Gold is a curse but with none left....
[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 22:39]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:52 - Jul 7 with 2219 viewsHonkytonks

Activate article 50 like the majority have democratically voted for!... not try to appease those who democratically lost the vote!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:57 - Jul 7 with 2219 viewseasthertsr

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:52 - Jul 7 by Honkytonks

Activate article 50 like the majority have democratically voted for!... not try to appease those who democratically lost the vote!

Actually they didn't, they voted if they wanted to leave the EU, they were not asked how and when that should happen.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:59 - Jul 7 with 2212 viewsHonkytonks

The vote was to leave and leave we shall!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:50 - Jul 7 with 2182 viewsloftboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:52 - Jul 7 by Honkytonks

Yes just press the bloody button and get on with it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:55 - Jul 7 with 2176 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:50 - Jul 7 by loftboy

Yes just press the bloody button and get on with it.

Why do you think they're waiting?
EU Council have told us to get on with it too.
Meanwhile, ministers taking advice realise how much worse off we're going to be.
I'll believe it when I see it.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:01 - Jul 7 with 2169 viewsloftboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:55 - Jul 7 by Mytch_QPR

Why do you think they're waiting?
EU Council have told us to get on with it too.
Meanwhile, ministers taking advice realise how much worse off we're going to be.
I'll believe it when I see it.

The only thing that would get me to change my mind would be cor our judges to have the final say over the European court I human rights when it comes to deporting dangerous terrorists and criminals

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:28 - Jul 7 with 2154 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:01 - Jul 7 by loftboy

The only thing that would get me to change my mind would be cor our judges to have the final say over the European court I human rights when it comes to deporting dangerous terrorists and criminals

ECHR and EU are completely different entities, but I agree with you, ECHR needs to evolve from it's 9/10 decent decisions and laws or risk making itself redundant. It's just part of Human evolution that we've arrived at this current place, and yes, not being able to exclude or imprison dangerous people posing threats to the whole community, is absurd.

The other matter is Junker (I've taken to calling him Mr Junker Bomber) he needs to be retired (I'm sure the Greeks would welcome him with open arms) to allow the next generation to come through, who also have to evolve beyond his stance as a Nazi Prison Guard. The man alone has wrecked Europe through intransigence and sheer bloody stupidity. I'm sure the tw4t thinks he's Nero.

I also think the EU will evolve into something much better, much more humble and less autocratic, it has to, evolve or die. Sad we've ruled ourselves out of it in the future IMHO.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:34 - Jul 7 with 2152 viewsPinnerPaul

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:04 - Jul 6 by DannytheR

"You are right . The 250 more accurately reflects the UK alone. I include the 100 because it was the chief execs of these companys that said we should stay in."

I hope you've got help moving all these goalposts. You're going to do your back in.

Give it up, man. Honestly.

Couple of quick questions

1) Did Nige manage to put the Great back in Great Britain before he left?

2) Where's that first shiny new hospital being built?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:40 - Jul 7 with 2143 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:34 - Jul 7 by PinnerPaul

Couple of quick questions

1) Did Nige manage to put the Great back in Great Britain before he left?

2) Where's that first shiny new hospital being built?

I'd be very wary of going in a hospital that had been thrown up in two weeks.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:56 - Jul 7 with 2126 viewsDannytheR

But the European Court of Human Rights is a different organisation.

On that score it literally makes no difference whether we're in the EU or not.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:01 - Jul 7 with 2102 viewsstumbleandfall

Such utter horseshit that sovereignty claim.

No one has ever woken up in a cold sweat worrying about a Brussels judge decisions.

Where's the passionate criticisms of the reals issues of national sovereignty perfectly demonstrated this week.

800 useless unelected Lords. Iran and UK only nations to have unelected clergy in government.
Media puppeteers.
Tax evasion of the rich.
Low Corp tax.
Eradication of workers rights.
150000 blue rinsers deciding next pm.

Look at Leadsom. Classic opportunistic flip flopper. Lies about cv and classical tax evasion. Bankrolled by that loathsome Banks. Candidate of choice for Britain First. And possibly next pm.

That's democracy failing us.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2016 12:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024