Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand from West London Sport 11:13 - Sep 30 with 18926 viewsdaveB

am sure he'll be slated for this

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ferdinand-urges-qpr-fans-to-give-ramsey-time
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:24 - Oct 1 with 2282 viewssimmo

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:15 - Oct 1 by Dufster

lets park that Luongo nonsense and stick with reality...Charlie will now walk for little or no return on investment...that is not a good business outcome from the director of football coz that's one of his primary objectives....to make profit out of the sale of top players!

Is 20+ goals a season not a decent return??

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:25 - Oct 1 with 2280 viewsDufster

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:17 - Oct 1 by daveB

How was he supposed to sell when there were no buyers? Clubs knew he's be on a free next summer so why spend the money now, plus Austin made it clear he didn't want to move from the south so his options were limited.

Then negotiate a contract extension where the offer of pay reflects the valuation you place on the player and secure your investment and any commercial gain to be had in the future...that's what Directors of football are supposed to do!

If Charlie didn't want to commit to that let him go for £12 million....instead they hedged that a better offer might come in...its backfired!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 13:15]

I Say!

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:30 - Oct 1 with 2265 viewsDufster

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:24 - Oct 1 by simmo

Is 20+ goals a season not a decent return??

Its a good return on the investment we spent to bring him in Simmo....A canny DOF should at the very least be profiting off the back of such performances and opportunity given to profit for the club....Burnley did?

I Say!

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:34 - Oct 1 with 2255 viewsWeaverQPR

If we had no intention of going up why not drop Austins price, generate more interest and come away with 10-12m in the bank, instead we will finish bottom half and lose him for nothing with nothing gained. Seems daft imo.

@WeavQPR

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 12:23 - Oct 1 with 2208 viewsderbyhoop

Ferdinand just reiterated what he'd said earlier in the Summer about a radical change in the philosophy of the club. From top to bottom.
Sticking with Ramsey, for now, is part of that longer term philosophy. But LF is aware that, if results are not acceptable, then a change will have to be made.
Of course, results like Friday's, are going to bring out the lynch mob. At the moment CR is the target but where do the players get away with that sort of performance.
Were the tactics wrong? But they worked well at Hull
Was the selection wrong? It was the same starting line up as at Hull
Were the subs wrong? From what I heard, he could have taken any of the 11 off, after 30 minutes, and it wouldn't have made that much difference.
It's legitimate to claim that the appointment of CR wasn't, on the surface, the most robust of selection processes. And there are doubts re his ability to motivate but it should come back to levels of self motivation from the players.

Hopefully, the glimpses of good, positive football, will re-occur more often than Friday performances. And there is no reason why we cannot go on and challenge for a top 6 place.
In any case, there are so many other developments (young players, Warren Farm, Cranford dome) going the right way which means that we will be a better club in 2-3 years time. To some extent, that is the job of the DOF.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 12:47 - Oct 1 with 2189 viewsdaveB

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:25 - Oct 1 by Dufster

Then negotiate a contract extension where the offer of pay reflects the valuation you place on the player and secure your investment and any commercial gain to be had in the future...that's what Directors of football are supposed to do!

If Charlie didn't want to commit to that let him go for £12 million....instead they hedged that a better offer might come in...its backfired!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 13:15]

Austin doesn't want a new contract and didn't want to go to Leicester for 12 million so again not much Ferdinand can do about that. If a decent bid had come in they would have taken it but none did.

Amazing really as they were getting credit for keeping him a few weeks ago, now even that good move is getting stick
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 12:49 - Oct 1 with 2185 viewssimmo

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 12:23 - Oct 1 by derbyhoop

Ferdinand just reiterated what he'd said earlier in the Summer about a radical change in the philosophy of the club. From top to bottom.
Sticking with Ramsey, for now, is part of that longer term philosophy. But LF is aware that, if results are not acceptable, then a change will have to be made.
Of course, results like Friday's, are going to bring out the lynch mob. At the moment CR is the target but where do the players get away with that sort of performance.
Were the subs wrong? From what I heard, he could have taken any of the 11 off, after 30 minutes, and it wouldn't have made that much difference.
It's legitimate to claim that the appointment of CR wasn't, on the surface, the most robust of selection processes. And there are doubts re his ability to motivate but it should come back to levels of self motivation from the players.

Hopefully, the glimpses of good, positive football, will re-occur more often than Friday performances. And there is no reason why we cannot go on and challenge for a top 6 place.
In any case, there are so many other developments (young players, Warren Farm, Cranford dome) going the right way which means that we will be a better club in 2-3 years time. To some extent, that is the job of the DOF.

Good post

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 13:11 - Oct 1 with 2162 viewsDufster

Nothing wrong with getting promoted straight back into the Premiership if we have played well enough to earn it!

We are a club with an 18+k capacity and carrying the level of debt you would associate with a Champions league club....£200 million....that needs to be serviced!

So given current squad retention and talent pool....IMO there is an opportunity to bounce back and cash in on another Premiership season to improve our financial situation?

I'm coming to the conclusion that LF and CR don't have the experience to make that happen...

Before anyone says it.....we all already know you cant buy a premiership team so if it did happen we have to stick with an acceptable pay structure.....why not enjoy the financial wind fall but stick within our buying strategy of investing in the right players.....and live with the outcome!

Is it still possible?

I just don't see that Ramsey is capable of delivering that in the short term nor much better in the longer term!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 13:14]

I Say!

Login to get fewer ads

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 13:25 - Oct 1 with 2145 viewsR_from_afar

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 09:28 - Oct 1 by GetMeRangers

...with no successful past performance for us to reference to offer comfort patience is a big ask as he stumbles on.

While there have been many abject performances, there have also been some that showed signs of encouragement, this season and last. Chelsea at home, WBA, Villa and Sunderland away. Again spells in games this season too.

It is the worrying inability to improve the defence, or have the backbone to see games out that has been one of the biggest weaknesses, not just of CR teams but HR and Hughes too

Perhaps the most worrying aspect was the blame laid at individual errors on Friday (or generally). While it is true that they were the cause of some goals, it was the way the team was set up that allowed Fulham to attack so effectively down the flanks and in particular give Perch a torrid evening. His substitutions are often bizarre and his mantra about sticking to a plan, is fine when you are victorious aka Wolves, but ridiculous aka Fulham.

I dont know if it was down to Bond, but last season we seemed more capable of adapting a game, even if it wasnt successful

My thoughts of this season can be heavily swayed after games like Friday, but I am back to being determined to enjoy seeing how this change of direction for the club turns out. Part of me would love to think we are heavily competing for promotion, yet fears that an immediate return may be too soon and this club isnt ready for more of the Prem.

The results over the next four games are not likely to be very good. Polter or JET will be lambasted even if they manage 1 in 2, as they can not deliver the goals lifeline Chaz does. There will be more fervent calls for CR to be relieved of his duties. Yet, I am genuinely intrigued to see what a side, post-Austin, looks like. We could easily have been where we were at 4 games ago, except with Polter injured. I am even wondering whether not having Chaz in the side will force CR to change formation. This season interests me even if it isnt going to plan on the pitch

"...it was the way the team was set up that allowed Fulham to attack so effectively down the flanks". So the lack of closing down - all over the pitch - and the woeful marking had nothing to do with Rangers' Friday night implosion?

Come on, you can set the team up in any number of ways but if the players can't be bothered to do the basics properly, then we will always be in real strife, even if Guardiola is the man in the hot seat.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 16:06 - Oct 1 with 2088 viewsGetMeRangers

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 13:25 - Oct 1 by R_from_afar

"...it was the way the team was set up that allowed Fulham to attack so effectively down the flanks". So the lack of closing down - all over the pitch - and the woeful marking had nothing to do with Rangers' Friday night implosion?

Come on, you can set the team up in any number of ways but if the players can't be bothered to do the basics properly, then we will always be in real strife, even if Guardiola is the man in the hot seat.

RFA

I agree with that, too
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 16:28 - Oct 1 with 2078 viewsvegasranger

Maybe the players were demotivated by the tactics put in place for the game against Fulham? I think the team would have done better if they chose their own formation compared to the 4-2-3-1 dross that was served up yet again.
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 16:51 - Oct 1 with 2065 viewsDufster

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 12:47 - Oct 1 by daveB

Austin doesn't want a new contract and didn't want to go to Leicester for 12 million so again not much Ferdinand can do about that. If a decent bid had come in they would have taken it but none did.

Amazing really as they were getting credit for keeping him a few weeks ago, now even that good move is getting stick

I think you'll find that its the club who decide whether or not to accept an offer for a player that's in contract!

They knocked back the offer.

Leicester look very strong at the moment I wonder if Charlie would trade right now!

I Say!

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 17:09 - Oct 1 with 2052 viewsGetMeRangers

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 16:28 - Oct 1 by vegasranger

Maybe the players were demotivated by the tactics put in place for the game against Fulham? I think the team would have done better if they chose their own formation compared to the 4-2-3-1 dross that was served up yet again.

Perhaps have a listen to Andrew Impey on AccessAllRs - a view from the other side but with a die hard fans hat on
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 19:45 - Oct 1 with 2018 viewsbaz_qpr

We were not playing Hull though and don't they play 3 at the back with wing backs and gave us space. Any team we've come against that plays 4-4-2 with a big lump up front looks like they will score 2 or more against us. We are not defensively organised and we seem unwilling or unable to adjust in a game. We seem to have two modes half arsed and all out attack. I am willing to give him time, but the average age of the first team is still too high, the lack of mobility in midfield not addressed. We've let two leaders go and not replaced them. CR needs to up his game and have an impact on our games
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 20:49 - Oct 1 with 1967 viewsdaveB

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 16:28 - Oct 1 by vegasranger

They didn't seem demotivated by the same tactics a week earlier when they played very well at Hull. The Fulham defeat wasn't all down to Ramsey, they were all crap on the night, not sure Ramsey should be the only scapegoat
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 22:35 - Oct 1 with 1918 viewsIngham

I think they bargain away their claim to fairer treatment when they sign contracts that see them paid handsomely whether they perform handsomely or not.

If they're prepared to take the money whether they deliver the goods or not, they should be prepared to take the stick too.

If they were paid only when they played well, it might be reasonable for only their better performances to be commented on. But they want jam on it.

And if it is only fair that we should wait to see better performances, if it is reasonable for them to ask us to be patient, then it is reasonable for them to wait to be paid. Or is it only unreasonable for us to ask THEM to be patient?

Losing money is hardly an argument when the Club loses money hand over fist overpaying underperforming players who are incapable of earning their own wages back for the Club, even in the Premiership.

If they're bad now, why shouldn't the money be bad now too? Why shouldn't it be good only when they are good. In two or three or four years' time.

On those terms, I think we MIGHT be prepared to wait. Knowing they were putting THEIR money where their mouth is.

Of course, we can hardly EXPECT them to put up with a failure to pay them well the way they expect us to put up with their failure to play well.

And in that event, if they get the money they're due when they're bad, they should also get whatever criticism they're due when they're bad.

If nothing else, non-existent wages for non-existent performances would free up funds to REPLACE them with players who DO know how to do the job. If and when the hoped-for improvements don't materialise.
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 23:56 - Oct 1 with 1892 viewsMatch82

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 09:12 - Oct 1 by Dufster

CR's defensive record over 26 games speaks for itself..

Holding out for £15 million a good move....I disagree!

£12 million was on the table and we hedged....its backfired...without an extension now Charlie exits to a very lucrative contract elsewhere!!

Of course he wasn't meant to be here...so what's left are LF and CR choices!!!

Cant be arsed to respond to the rest....its just diverting from the reality of our situation!

"Holding out for £15 million a good move....I disagree!

£12 million was on the table and we hedged....its backfired...without an extension now Charlie exits to a very lucrative contract"

Holding out wasn't about Austin, it was about the future deals. We undoubtedly lost money on Austin, but if it means clubs won't take the p*ss with bids in the future and we get a better price, it becomes worthwhile.

Same psychology as why mourinho, Wenger and Ferguson go mental about refereeing decisions. They know the ref isn't going to change his mind on that decision, but they are hoping next time he thinks "maybe I shouldn't be so harsh"
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 00:56 - Oct 2 with 1872 viewsessextaxiboy

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 22:35 - Oct 1 by Ingham

I think they bargain away their claim to fairer treatment when they sign contracts that see them paid handsomely whether they perform handsomely or not.

If they're prepared to take the money whether they deliver the goods or not, they should be prepared to take the stick too.

If they were paid only when they played well, it might be reasonable for only their better performances to be commented on. But they want jam on it.

And if it is only fair that we should wait to see better performances, if it is reasonable for them to ask us to be patient, then it is reasonable for them to wait to be paid. Or is it only unreasonable for us to ask THEM to be patient?

Losing money is hardly an argument when the Club loses money hand over fist overpaying underperforming players who are incapable of earning their own wages back for the Club, even in the Premiership.

If they're bad now, why shouldn't the money be bad now too? Why shouldn't it be good only when they are good. In two or three or four years' time.

On those terms, I think we MIGHT be prepared to wait. Knowing they were putting THEIR money where their mouth is.

Of course, we can hardly EXPECT them to put up with a failure to pay them well the way they expect us to put up with their failure to play well.

And in that event, if they get the money they're due when they're bad, they should also get whatever criticism they're due when they're bad.

If nothing else, non-existent wages for non-existent performances would free up funds to REPLACE them with players who DO know how to do the job. If and when the hoped-for improvements don't materialise.

That argument falls down when you take into account that here are 11 players just as skilled who are intent on making our players perform badly .
No job that any of us do is like that .
You can reward effort but where do you draw the line between "wages payable and "wages witheld" ?

Should Darnell Furlong have his wages docked because he was dominated by Sanchez ?

Should Rob Green have his docked if he throws one in , if he saves a penalty does he get extra ?
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 01:18 - Oct 2 with 1864 viewsthemodfather

les is WRONG...we kept near all our prem players due to their massive wages
on paper our squad should be top 6 easily...prices are high and qpr fans overall are tolerant, we don't demand success and know it's hard won but the lame surrenders of late and too many goals let in have vented anger.
qpr fans of course have good memories of les, but he IS SPURS thru and thru and likely on a big wage here....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024