Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand from West London Sport 11:13 - Sep 30 with 18928 viewsdaveB

am sure he'll be slated for this

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ferdinand-urges-qpr-fans-to-give-ramsey-time
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 22:21 - Sep 30 with 1777 viewsbaz_qpr

It would be easier to buy into this consolidation stuff if we were pushing the likes of Hall, Furlong etc and addressing some of the long term problems with the team, but we seem to be carrying on where we left off in many ways.

Massive turnover in players - check
Average age of the team nearing 30 (certainly was on Friday) - check
Only two centre forwards on the books - check
immobile in centre midfield - check
expensive unused assets waisting away in the reserves - check
failing to defend as a team - check

No doubt we will be getting the annual October recall of Clint Hill to the starting 11
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 22:23 - Sep 30 with 1774 viewsDejR_vu

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 22:19 - Sep 30 by CiderwithRsie

This. Bloody this.

There's been some valid criticism of Ramsey, but the whole "experience" line being peddled is b*llocks, especially after two of the most experienced managers in the game have left Ramsey having to try to pull us out of the cr*p, with everyone and his dog on here crying out for a "young hungry" i.e. inexperienced manager.

As for Ferdinand, about the first thing he did as DoF was prise Redknapp's hands off the chequebook and the second wa to watch 'Arry walk out the door by himself without claiming a pay-off for dismissal, and if Les never does anything else anyone who doesn't thank God for that every night is an ingrate.

He's well in credit on players in and out. On the managerial appointment it's too early to say but the alternatives on offer - Sherwood and Clement - aren't looking too rosy right now either.

There were only two other managerial options? Where has everyone else in world football gone?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 22:34 - Sep 30 with 1763 viewsCamberleyR

As I pointed out on another thread, Brentford have just appointed a manager/coach with zero experience of management at senior level.
Carsley's experience:
Coventry U-18 manager
Sheffield United joint assistant manager
Brentford EDS squad manager

Are their fans so up in arms?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 23:03 - Sep 30 with 1724 viewsnadera78

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 22:34 - Sep 30 by CamberleyR

As I pointed out on another thread, Brentford have just appointed a manager/coach with zero experience of management at senior level.
Carsley's experience:
Coventry U-18 manager

Unfortunately, after 10 bonkers years of hiring, firing and spunking obscene amounts of money up the wall, QPR fans have become completely and utterly hooked on the notion that we have to find immediate success or else we sack everyone in sight and bring in new people.

If we don't break that cycle now then I don't think we ever will.
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 23:08 - Sep 30 with 1711 viewsTheBlob

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 23:03 - Sep 30 by nadera78

Unfortunately, after 10 bonkers years of hiring, firing and spunking obscene amounts of money up the wall, QPR fans have become completely and utterly hooked on the notion that we have to find immediate success or else we sack everyone in sight and bring in new people.

Yes,this immediate success is becoming a bit tiresome.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 23:12 - Sep 30 with 1706 viewsLblock

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 23:03 - Sep 30 by nadera78

You have seen the stats covering Bennys reign?

You may have witnessed one or two games?

If not maybe you've read some match reports and noticed the tea sheets and line ups?

Immediate? Not at all.
He's doing the complete opposite of exactly what he said he'd do and as pointed out above its a carbon copy checklist of the 'Arry approach
Maybe if more young 'uns were getting a chance we'd accept failure a bit more readily?

It's a right old bucket of spaghetti under Bungle yet again

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 23:46 - Sep 30 with 1677 viewsGetMeRangers

Carsley's experience:
Coventry U-18 manager

They are far more concerned about his public statements about not wanting the job after the season is over and how taking it has ruined what he really wanted to do... coach the next generation

Apparently it was decided the last manager should go after the Reading result so tehy are also concerned that he has been forced into taking the role
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 00:23 - Oct 1 with 1659 viewsvegasranger

Carsley's experience:
Coventry U-18 manager

I agree the Brentford coaching set up looks as bad as ours.

Chris Ramsay Youth Coach ( No management experience )
Steve Gallen Youth Coach ( No management experience )
Simon Ireland Youth Coach ( No management experience )
Paul Crichton Lower level goalkeeping coach. Highest level Blackpool. ( No management experience )
Login to get fewer ads

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 00:28 - Oct 1 with 1652 viewsnadera78

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 23:12 - Sep 30 by Lblock

You have seen the stats covering Bennys reign?

You may have witnessed one or two games?

If not maybe you've read some match reports and noticed the tea sheets and line ups?

Immediate? Not at all.
He's doing the complete opposite of exactly what he said he'd do and as pointed out above its a carbon copy checklist of the 'Arry approach
Maybe if more young 'uns were getting a chance we'd accept failure a bit more readily?

It's a right old bucket of spaghetti under Bungle yet again

Every home game.

If results were the same I have no doubt that people would be calling for his head whatever the team he was picking.
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 07:40 - Oct 1 with 1542 viewspaulparker

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 00:28 - Oct 1 by nadera78

Every home game.

If results were the same I have no doubt that people would be calling for his head whatever the team he was picking.

If he had lost Austin,Ned,Green,Phillips,Sandro,Fer then no fans wouldn't be calling for his head,
But we didn't and If you add 4 million spent on Gladwin ( the new Mutch ) , Luango , a million on perch, Mackie, Jet, another million on chery , the 2 highly rated Watford players, a million on smithies, a fit faurlin then I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a lot better than the sh1t served up under super coach Chris
He has been here well over 6 months now and the defence is all over the place , we concede 2 goals every game and been dumped out the cup by a league 2 team , made our rivals look like Real Madrid
We have one tactic and one tactic only, we break at a snails pace and leave the best player in the league feeding on scraps , oh and we never drop Karl Ramsey
We look clueless and unorganised
There are no excuses anymore
This is a big call by Les not only appointing but sticking with his mate , I hope it works as I don't wanna see Les get the Wilkins treatment 15 years from now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 08:21 - Oct 1 with 1514 viewsDufster

IMO this statement offers us a good insight into LF's state of mind!

He is really worried now...Charlie out for a month and now its down to his and CR's forward choices to perform....he knows their weak options as weak as our defensive record so he knows we could go into free-fall.....that statement is a pre-emptive strike!

We are in the shit...he held out for better money for Charlie and it did not materialise but Charlie stayed and rightly so reset expectations and he doesn't like it because given some poor performances pressure is building.

BTW his handling of that Transfer has left Charlie holding all the cards now as he negotiates his lucrative exit......nice work!

Back to CR, he is very nice chap and a very average Manager/Coach...the teams he puts out continue to have the worst defensive record in the league they are in....he looked terrified at half time at Fulham.

IMO he is no way good enough for us....with no successful past performance for us to reference to offer comfort patience is a big ask as he stumbles on.
He needs to cut his teeth elsewhere and earn the right to lead a club like ours.

Les is feeling the pressure alright and that statement looks like diversionary bullshit because he knows they are in trouble!!

I Say!

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 08:41 - Oct 1 with 1501 viewsNorthernr

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 08:21 - Oct 1 by Dufster

He is really worried now...Charlie out for a month and now its down to his and CR's forward choices to perform....he knows their weak options as weak as our defensive record so he knows we could go into free-fall.....that statement is a pre-emptive strike!

We are in the shit...he held out for better money for Charlie and it did not materialise but Charlie stayed and rightly so reset expectations and he doesn't like it because given some poor performances pressure is building.

BTW his handling of that Transfer has left Charlie holding all the cards now as he negotiates his lucrative exit......nice work!

Back to CR, he is very nice chap and a very average Manager/Coach...the teams he puts out continue to have the worst defensive record in the league they are in....he looked terrified at half time at Fulham.

IMO he is no way good enough for us....with no successful past performance for us to reference to offer comfort patience is a big ask as he stumbles on.
He needs to cut his teeth elsewhere and earn the right to lead a club like ours.

Les is feeling the pressure alright and that statement looks like diversionary bullshit because he knows they are in trouble!!

"now it's down to his and CR's forward choices"

No it's not, they're injured as well - Mackie, Polter.

"BTW his handling of that Transfer has left Charlie holding all the cards now as he negotiates his lucrative exit......nice work!"

It was nice work actually. Set the asking price and stuck to it, showed we're not going to be bullied through the press, showed we're not going to be a soft touch and showed we're not going to cave at the last minute. I presume from your post you'd have liked us to say "£15m for Charlie please" and then roll over for the £10m plus add ons we were offered? Wonderful strategy that one - would mean that when we come to sell Luongo or anybody else clubs will know all they have to do is ignore us, sling a few newspaper stories out, wait until the deadline, and then pay what they wanted to pay all along. It would have terminally weakened our bargaining position in every other player sale we tried to make. Nice work!

That's without getting into the fact that Austin actually turned clubs down holding out for Southampton selling Mane.
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 09:01 - Oct 1 with 1479 viewsGetMeRangers

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 08:41 - Oct 1 by Northernr

"BTW his handling of that Transfer has left Charlie holding all the cards now as he negotiates his lucrative exit......nice work!"

It was nice work actually. Set the asking price and stuck to it, showed we're not going to be bullied through the press, showed we're not going to be a soft touch and showed we're not going to cave at the last minute. I presume from your post you'd have liked us to say "£15m for Charlie please" and then roll over for the £10m plus add ons we were offered? Wonderful strategy that one - would mean that when we come to sell Luongo or anybody else clubs will know all they have to do is ignore us, sling a few newspaper stories out, wait until the deadline, and then pay what they wanted to pay all along. It would have terminally weakened our bargaining position in every other player sale we tried to make. Nice work!

That's without getting into the fact that Austin actually turned clubs down holding out for Southampton selling Mane.

Polter isnt injured. He is training with the squad and has been since last Friday. I suspect that he may not have played with the U21s on Monday because CR and co wanted the whole squad in and work hard to repair the damage down from last week, but in particular to work with which of our forwards will be used, be it Polter or JET, or perhaps even Fer being put up front
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 09:12 - Oct 1 with 1472 viewsDufster

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 08:41 - Oct 1 by Northernr

CR's defensive record over 26 games speaks for itself..

Holding out for £15 million a good move....I disagree!

£12 million was on the table and we hedged....its backfired...without an extension now Charlie exits to a very lucrative contract elsewhere!!

Of course he wasn't meant to be here...so what's left are LF and CR choices!!!

Cant be arsed to respond to the rest....its just diverting from the reality of our situation!

I Say!

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 09:28 - Oct 1 with 1450 viewsGetMeRangers

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 08:21 - Oct 1 by Dufster

...with no successful past performance for us to reference to offer comfort patience is a big ask as he stumbles on.

While there have been many abject performances, there have also been some that showed signs of encouragement, this season and last. Chelsea at home, WBA, Villa and Sunderland away. Again spells in games this season too.

It is the worrying inability to improve the defence, or have the backbone to see games out that has been one of the biggest weaknesses, not just of CR teams but HR and Hughes too

Perhaps the most worrying aspect was the blame laid at individual errors on Friday (or generally). While it is true that they were the cause of some goals, it was the way the team was set up that allowed Fulham to attack so effectively down the flanks and in particular give Perch a torrid evening. His substitutions are often bizarre and his mantra about sticking to a plan, is fine when you are victorious aka Wolves, but ridiculous aka Fulham.

I dont know if it was down to Bond, but last season we seemed more capable of adapting a game, even if it wasnt successful

My thoughts of this season can be heavily swayed after games like Friday, but I am back to being determined to enjoy seeing how this change of direction for the club turns out. Part of me would love to think we are heavily competing for promotion, yet fears that an immediate return may be too soon and this club isnt ready for more of the Prem.

The results over the next four games are not likely to be very good. Polter or JET will be lambasted even if they manage 1 in 2, as they can not deliver the goals lifeline Chaz does. There will be more fervent calls for CR to be relieved of his duties. Yet, I am genuinely intrigued to see what a side, post-Austin, looks like. We could easily have been where we were at 4 games ago, except with Polter injured. I am even wondering whether not having Chaz in the side will force CR to change formation. This season interests me even if it isnt going to plan on the pitch
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 09:41 - Oct 1 with 1433 viewslondonscottish

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 15:25 - Sep 30 by Northernr

I'm not sure I buy this "sam allardyce is who you want if you want a stable club over a period of time". Allardyce is a decent manager but his club's consistently die on their ars once he's left.

Now that could be because he's an all conquering beast of a manager and nobody can ever possibly be better than him however much you spend on a replacement, or it could be that he signs his players, his favourites, for his style to get him a result this Saturday to keep his team up and keep him in a job. That's exactly what we were doing before that we wanted to go away from isn't it? The need to completely rip it up and start all over again whenever we sack the manager?

Either way, as I said after Friday's debacle, are we ever going to come around to the idea that the manager might not be the (only) problem here?

Allardyce; all the ability of Redknapp without the "charm".

God save us.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 09:47 - Oct 1 with 1427 viewsessextaxiboy

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 22:07 - Sep 30 by Lblock

Can I just ask what you think will suddenly change to inspire this late rally?

Change of shape?
Change of tactics?
Change of motivation?
Change of a player instead of Karl Henry-Ramsey?

The catalyst of course would be the change of Benny for a proper Manager / Experienced 1st team coach. However we know that won't happen as the cheap option remains the cheap option to keep so the same stubborn and clueless approach beckons

If he takes this team to a relegation battle then we're fcukd and everyone from the tea lady up should be ashamed

Well it wouldnt be a late rally , it would be an improvement in consistency.

The key for me is getting the "expectation changing" players fit and on the pitch.

He has been without Fer, Sandro , Yun, Doughty , Mackie, Polter

Phillips has obviously been affected by the transfer speculation , you could argue the same for Green, in any case they have both been poor.

Charlie has scored his goals but hardly had the most settled of summers
Now he has lost Charlie and Mackie again .

He deserves a fair go , with his best players, in a league that he could reasonably be expected to succeed in .
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 10:18 - Oct 1 with 1402 viewsNorthernr

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 09:12 - Oct 1 by Dufster

£12 million was on the table and we hedged....its backfired...without an extension now Charlie exits to a very lucrative contract elsewhere!!

Cant be arsed to respond to the rest....its just diverting from the reality of our situation!

"Can't be arsed to respond to the rest" - you didn't actually respond to the main point.

So we take £12m for Austin having asked for £15m, then when we want to sell Luongo for £4m we take what? £1.5m?

It would have weakened our position in player sales for as long as LF, TF, LH remain here.
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 10:26 - Oct 1 with 1387 viewsdaveB

We only had one actual bid for Austin so the club didn't make a stand really, they had no offer to turn down
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 10:26 - Oct 1 with 1385 viewsTheBlob

They're going to try and knock you whatever price you set.So you bung it up a couple of mill higher than what you want take a drop and everybody's a winner.
What's Chas worth now then?You won't get a hand slap anywhere near £12m.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:04 - Oct 1 with 1359 viewsessextaxiboy

If Austin had gone we would have bought a replacement probably two . Ferdinand could probably tell you who they were .

The strikers we have available for Saturday are back up , lets see how they go . A big chance for Polter if he is fit , Chery and Fer on the pitch together . I am looking forward to it .
Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:11 - Oct 1 with 1350 viewsWeaverQPR

[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 11:12]

@WeavQPR

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:15 - Oct 1 with 1342 viewsDufster

lets park that Luongo nonsense and stick with reality...Charlie will now walk for little or no return on investment...that is not a good business outcome from the director of football coz that's one of his primary objectives....to make profit out of the sale of top players!

I Say!

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:17 - Oct 1 with 1339 viewsdaveB

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 11:15 - Oct 1 by Dufster

lets park that Luongo nonsense and stick with reality...Charlie will now walk for little or no return on investment...that is not a good business outcome from the director of football coz that's one of his primary objectives....to make profit out of the sale of top players!

How was he supposed to sell when there were no buyers? Clubs knew he's be on a free next summer so why spend the money now, plus Austin made it clear he didn't want to move from the south so his options were limited.
Ferdinand from West London Sport (n/t) on 11:19 - Oct 1 with 1336 viewsDufster

Ferdinand from West London Sport on 10:26 - Oct 1 by TheBlob

They're going to try and knock you whatever price you set.So you bung it up a couple of mill higher than what you want take a drop and everybody's a winner.
What's Chas worth now then?You won't get a hand slap anywhere near £12m.

[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 11:20]

I Say!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024