Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) 20:44 - Jan 11 with 9237 viewsSS11

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :)

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :)

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:35 - Jan 11 with 2369 viewsTrundle10

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:32 - Jan 11 by Parlay

We have a winner

Marcus Bean
Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:35 - Jan 11 with 2369 viewsSS11

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:04 - Jan 11 by BobJack

Pintado, 7 goals in 73 appearances for us, just checked. As bad as I remember. It was beyond painful.

Pintado at least got 1 goal in 10. Duffy managed 1 goal in 20, and we paid the same price for both. Also Pintado scored that goal v Cardiff as well.

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:46 - Jan 11 with 2348 viewsBobJack

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:35 - Jan 11 by SS11

Pintado at least got 1 goal in 10. Duffy managed 1 goal in 20, and we paid the same price for both. Also Pintado scored that goal v Cardiff as well.

Your thread so you get to decide winner.

Definition of ' worse' will differ. All pretty poor and none really helped swans cause in fairness.

Pintado did deserve a mention though.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:50 - Jan 11 with 2338 viewsSS11

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:46 - Jan 11 by BobJack

Your thread so you get to decide winner.

Definition of ' worse' will differ. All pretty poor and none really helped swans cause in fairness.

Pintado did deserve a mention though.

Yes I probably should have put him in because he made us suffer for so long.

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:53 - Jan 11 with 2327 viewsBobJack

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:50 - Jan 11 by SS11

Yes I probably should have put him in because he made us suffer for so long.

Agree.

others were a short , sharp shock.

Pintado was a long drawn out , testicle crunching, excuse of a striker.

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:55 - Jan 11 with 2325 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we're including loans where's Vasquez?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 22:10 - Jan 11 with 2288 viewsKilkennyjack

pawel abbot - 100 per cent this guy ..... Not even close.

Mind you, Tony Pennock signing in 2008 at 37 to provide 'goal keeping cover' and thankfully never playing must represent some kind of low point for our great club. Joined us from Neath and left us for Port Talbot Town.....ffs ....
[Post edited 11 Jan 2015 22:28]

Beware of the Risen People

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 22:11 - Jan 11 with 2285 viewsJJJack

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:27 - Jan 11 by Drizzy

Vazquez has to be in the conversation in recent times. Somehow even more inept than Shechter.

I disagree. Vazquez had the odd good game....Palace away he played well for example. I'm not sure I could ever say Shecther had a "good" game though on ocassions he caused mayhem (Southampton away) simply because no-one, including the oppo could work out what the hell he was trying to do.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 22:16 - Jan 11 with 2275 viewsskippyjack

I've got it.. Leroy Lita.. cost 2 million.. 20k a week.. and the only thing he done was strangle Joe Allen.. oddly got a few games under Monk.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 22:19 - Jan 11 with 2266 viewspencoedjack

Dennis Lawrence .... He probably wasn't as shit as I remember but my god he was gash
Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 22:25 - Jan 11 with 2251 viewsTreforys_Jack

Dennis was ok, not in the same league as some of the shite been mentioned.
Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 22:31 - Jan 11 with 2232 viewsParlay

Remember the question isn't worst player, its worst signing.

So someone terrible we signed on a free isn't half as bad as someone terrible we signed for £1m for example.

In that case Moreira has to be the one. Didn't we also end up paying his contract up as well? Disaster signing.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 23:16 - Jan 11 with 2185 viewsBobJack

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 22:19 - Jan 11 by pencoedjack

Dennis Lawrence .... He probably wasn't as shit as I remember but my god he was gash

Is he still defence coach at Everton?

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 23:47 - Jan 11 with 2145 viewssaawonzee

Can we stretch it to the last 15 years so i can vote for Aidan Newhouse...F*ck i hated that c*unt with a passion
Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 23:54 - Jan 11 with 2139 viewsBobJack

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 21:27 - Jan 11 by Drizzy

Vazquez has to be in the conversation in recent times. Somehow even more inept than Shechter.

Drizzy, the only poster I would not post to usually.

Sly, liar, underhand, backstabber, bullshitter. You have all been warned.

still think Pintado, for minutes on pitch, as striker, deserves this award.

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:08 - Jan 12 with 2107 viewsBobJack

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 23:47 - Jan 11 by saawonzee

Can we stretch it to the last 15 years so i can vote for Aidan Newhouse...F*ck i hated that c*unt with a passion

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 00:11 - Jan 12 with 2105 viewsStarsky

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 23:54 - Jan 11 by BobJack

Drizzy, the only poster I would not post to usually.

Sly, liar, underhand, backstabber, bullshitter. You have all been warned.

still think Pintado, for minutes on pitch, as striker, deserves this award.

Don't be silly. Pintado was nowhere near the worst.
Did Moriera score against Cardiff? No.
Did Moriera snap Savage in half? No
Did Moriera score a wonder goal against Forest? No
Did Moriera play at all ? No
Did Moriera cost us £800000 as our 3rd choice keeper? Yes.

It's just the internet, init.

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 00:18 - Jan 12 with 2094 viewsBobJack

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 00:11 - Jan 12 by Starsky

Don't be silly. Pintado was nowhere near the worst.
Did Moriera score against Cardiff? No.
Did Moriera snap Savage in half? No
Did Moriera score a wonder goal against Forest? No
Did Moriera play at all ? No
Did Moriera cost us £800000 as our 3rd choice keeper? Yes.

How many games did he play for us ?

Pintado started in far too many and was shite, cost us so many matches.Most of the names mentioned, hardly played so did not cost us matches.

A corner flag had as much chance of scoring as Pintado
[Post edited 12 Jan 2015 0:43]

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 00:36 - Jan 12 with 2082 viewsFar_Post

Pawel Abbot for me.

Blog: The C Word

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 02:37 - Jan 12 with 2052 viewsforkbeard

Dennis Oli.
Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 07:52 - Jan 12 with 2007 viewsDr_Winston

Pintado was nowhere near the worst.

On a cash for return basis, McEachran has to be up there. Reliable birdies tell me we paid nearly £2m loan fees to borrow him for the season from Chelsea.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 08:05 - Jan 12 with 2001 viewsdobjack2

Gone for amankwah as he cost us a lot of money for where we were at the time and was truly awful for us.
Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 08:22 - Jan 12 with 1985 viewspencoedjack

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 23:16 - Jan 11 by BobJack

Is he still defence coach at Everton?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Lawrence

OMG I cant believe that .... no wonder the Spanish waiter teams cant defend
Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 08:47 - Jan 12 with 1965 viewsymaohyd

Good thread and more thought provoking than may at first seem.

Those inside the club I know would have Pintado high on the list. At the time there was a general feeling at the club that after Trundle few if any players were offering the club a new hero, a new cult figure and commercially a new money spinner

I know Martinez sold Gorka on that ticket to the club and what a start. Nosedived spectacularly though.

Personally I'm not sure. It would be a toss up between Ngog and Amankwaah. Amankwaah, as old Kenny spent a significant size of our transfer budget on a pretty poor right back.

I'll go for Ngog though. If my memory serves me right we were possibly becoming involved in a relegation battle or certainly the potential was there. Over reliant on Bony who had started to find his form, the financial rewards or losses at stake astronomical and who did we sign..David Ngog, a guy who couldn't cut it at Bolton!

What if Bony had got injured? Can't remember at what point in Jan 2014 we signed him but that was one hell of a call to make which reflected the fractious nature of the boards relationship with Laudrup. A body no doubt just to have on the bench but for me the worst call made by those responsible for recruitment, especially as he was alongside Vasquez.

With Vasquez it became apparent very early that he was crap and we had a significant amount of time to rectify the situation..rectifying that situation led to Ngog. Unforgiveable.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :) on 09:27 - Jan 12 with 1934 viewsmonmouth

If we're looking at hype vs reality R Donnelly has to be right up there. We 'beat' Everton to his signature, it probably cost us a fair whack and he is so sh1t he couldn't get a sniff ahead of Vasquez, Ngog or Schechter.

Plenty worse than Gorka. He was very ordinary but in Sousa's then system Messi would have struggled, and he did do some good things.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024