Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread 10:42 - Mar 15 with 26110 viewsLord_Bony

V

Been waiting for someone to start so here goes...

We should win this everything is in our favour it is extremely rare for them to beat us at home.

Hopefully,we ll see the return of the big man himself today.

I m going for 2-1 to us.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:46 - Mar 15 with 1870 viewswaynekerr55

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:45 - Mar 15 by Dull1Thomas

I think a lot of players had desire but they gave up on composure and quality.

Problem ahead - several time after Michu came on he, Bony and (pick one from JdG, Emnes, Pablo) went for the same ball and left even more space for WBA.

We've looked at our best with Pablo as 10.

Garry has to show balls now and pick him there

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:49 - Mar 15 with 1852 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:28 - Mar 15 by Dull1Thomas

Just back.

When teams were warming up a bloke next to me on the concourse said, 'They don't look interested.' and so it proved.

That was by far the worst performance of the season - including West Ham.

Passing non-existant, ball control laughable and few making space off the ball.

Rubbish! 2nd half, I agree. But there was nothing wrong with the first other than a drop in tempo after 30 mins. West Ham was shocking all the way through. And that wasn't even the worse - Crawley?
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:50 - Mar 15 with 1847 viewsDull1Thomas

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:46 - Mar 15 by waynekerr55

We've looked at our best with Pablo as 10.

Garry has to show balls now and pick him there

Absolutely (As someone who has slated Pablo's performances on the wing) Hernandez has been devastating in the 10 spot.
And, although not saying a lot, JdG is more composed the Canas alongside Leon.

I'm not a huge Jonjo fan either but his presence in midfield would have helped today, together with Chico and Dyer.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:53 - Mar 15 with 1827 viewswaynekerr55

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:50 - Mar 15 by Dull1Thomas

Absolutely (As someone who has slated Pablo's performances on the wing) Hernandez has been devastating in the 10 spot.
And, although not saying a lot, JdG is more composed the Canas alongside Leon.

I'm not a huge Jonjo fan either but his presence in midfield would have helped today, together with Chico and Dyer.

Canas is a decent player but at times he's a liability in possession and his positional sense is questionable (a spaniel chasing a tennis ball springs to mind).

Britts/JDG/Pablo combo is a must

How long is wee Nathan out for? We missed him today

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:54 - Mar 15 with 1824 viewsDull1Thomas

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:48 - Mar 15 by icecoldjack

Ive said the same thing just now on another forum mate. You have hit the nail on the head for me , Once the board started thinking they can do no wrong then things started to get a little bit "football manager" in terms of input.

I cant see a way out for us now, call it negative or whatever you like, if Monk has no clue how to beat crap teams he wont have no clue how to beat good teams,plain and simple in the last 6 games we have been totally out played in the second half ,purely becuase the guy has no real experience.

Its a dam shame but i cant see Monk having the ability to motivate these players any more, the cat is out the bag he has no real ability ,if he did he would have got something at least more thn a point from palace and WBA.

Im a bit numb after seeing how fooking clueless we were 2nd half.

Still Ash and Monk got their wish and training is now 10 times better,just a shame the games are ten times worse and we are probably going down.

Was thinking that on the way back - playing against BIG clubs appears to be the motivation of the players (most - not all) rather than Monk.

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:54 - Mar 15 with 1823 viewsA_Fans_Dad

All the current problems stem from Mr DaneGod Laudrup, under him the Team has learnt how to PANIC and they revert to it whenever we are not 2 or 3 goals up.
As soon as the other team comes at us in the second half panic sets in and those players who were so comfortable on the ball in the first half suddenly can't pass the ball to save their lives and just kick the ball away. Usually to an opposition player.
Against Liverpool we came back from 2-0 down in the first half to score 3 goals, but there was no pressure to win that game whereas now the pressure is on it is a different story.
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Mar 15 with 1812 viewsDull1Thomas

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:54 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

All the current problems stem from Mr DaneGod Laudrup, under him the Team has learnt how to PANIC and they revert to it whenever we are not 2 or 3 goals up.
As soon as the other team comes at us in the second half panic sets in and those players who were so comfortable on the ball in the first half suddenly can't pass the ball to save their lives and just kick the ball away. Usually to an opposition player.
Against Liverpool we came back from 2-0 down in the first half to score 3 goals, but there was no pressure to win that game whereas now the pressure is on it is a different story.

Really, really!!
When he got the push we were 12 in the league and in 2 cups.
Maybe we weren't playing well but we still aren't playing well.
Where are we now?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 19:00 - Mar 15 with 1801 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:09 - Mar 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I feel vindicated because I was one of the few who were brave enough to voice their concerns over the appointment of Monk and his questionable tactical decisions since. Whilst most buried their heads in the sand, I was taking verbal abuse on this forum constantly just for trying to raise questions regarding the two points above.

You certainly did nt voice your concern when Gary took over and his first match produced a 3.0 win over Cardiff.

None of us could see it going downhill from there on in.

This situation is far more important than proving yourself ego right today. As fans we should be getting behind the whole Swansea team and management now and hope we can limp across the line at seasons end.

One thing I know,it s gonna be tight and bad decisions by refs can be disastrous for a teams hopes of staying up.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 19:04 - Mar 15 with 1771 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:28 - Mar 15 by Swanseajill

Show us where you were 'abused'?
Just that there are other opinions that differ to yours on here. If you can't take differing opinions, go and play elsewhere.

I have noticed abuse though....from you, and aimed at Huw Jenkins and Garry Monk. I hope you feel justified in your world today.

I would hazard a guess there are 50+ posts where I have been quoted and abusive language has been thrown at me. I can take differing opinions, it is the people who couldn't take my differing opinions who have been abusive towards me. And now my 'differing opinions' are now the opinions of the majority. I do feel justified, yes.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 19:31 - Mar 15 with 1672 viewsunion_jack

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:45 - Mar 15 by Dull1Thomas

I think a lot of players had desire but they gave up on composure and quality.

Problem ahead - several time after Michu came on he, Bony and (pick one from JdG, Emnes, Pablo) went for the same ball and left even more space for WBA.

The lack of composure comes from nerves. Losing today, one game less can only unfortunately mean the nerves get worse. Not looking good sorry to say.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 19:33 - Mar 15 with 1663 viewsBonjour

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Mar 15 by WarwickHunt

This isn't the Senior League, it's got f*ck all to do with "fighting"- we've been tactically a poor second best against two absolutely f*cking shit teams in the the last two second halves.

Get "stuck in" lads, eh? Aye - that'll f*cking work.

Absolutely. 2 teams have changed their tactics and we have fallen apart.

That's without discussing poor substitutions in other games..

Sherwood/Monk. Peas in a pod.
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 19:56 - Mar 15 with 1569 viewsPhaedrus

Well I just had a good chuckle to myself when I saw that Rangel had scored 2.8 out of 10 for his performance today. About 1.8 to high. Him and Canas were reminiscent of the chuckle brothers today.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 19:59 - Mar 15 with 1549 viewsunion_jack

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 19:56 - Mar 15 by Phaedrus

Well I just had a good chuckle to myself when I saw that Rangel had scored 2.8 out of 10 for his performance today. About 1.8 to high. Him and Canas were reminiscent of the chuckle brothers today.

They were not good but the question is, why?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:13 - Mar 15 with 1511 viewsPhaedrus

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 19:59 - Mar 15 by union_jack

They were not good but the question is, why?

In my view they were playing passes they were not comfortable playing. The same with Ben. In fact the passing in general reminded me of a game of pinball. Ricocheting off knees and shins and what have you. The whole of the second half of the Palace game, and today almost as soon as we had scored, it began. Its almost as if we couldn't control the ball, passes were going all over the place. I'm actually depressing myself thinking about it.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Mar 15 with 1509 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 19:04 - Mar 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I would hazard a guess there are 50+ posts where I have been quoted and abusive language has been thrown at me. I can take differing opinions, it is the people who couldn't take my differing opinions who have been abusive towards me. And now my 'differing opinions' are now the opinions of the majority. I do feel justified, yes.

Well done. A result for you then Dwight. Gloat away

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:17 - Mar 15 with 1499 viewslibertine

there is no question that the team are playing worse now than they were under michael,

combine that with lack of tactical knowledge and the heads go down.

John hartson was on goals of sunday a few weeks ago and he said well if you want to beat swansea you've got to press them high up.

Maybe he let the cat out of the bag
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:22 - Mar 15 with 1473 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Mar 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Well done. A result for you then Dwight. Gloat away

Todays poor result may have been a terrible result for our club, but it is an opportunity for the fans to unite. For too long we have rolled over and let Huw and the board run our club like some Southern Conference outfit. #UnitedWeStand

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:27 - Mar 15 with 1457 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:54 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

What a complete f*cking idiot.
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:30 - Mar 15 with 1444 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:22 - Mar 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Todays poor result may have been a terrible result for our club, but it is an opportunity for the fans to unite. For too long we have rolled over and let Huw and the board run our club like some Southern Conference outfit. #UnitedWeStand

Are you Mel Nurse let loose on the internet?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:36 - Mar 15 with 1426 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:30 - Mar 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Are you Mel Nurse let loose on the internet?

No, I am Jackfath / AgentDimi / Liberty and whoever else I've been linked to, remember?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Mar 15 with 1422 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 14:27 - Mar 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm confident of a 2-0 or 3-0 win.

What you reckon next weeks score will be then? Lol

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:42 - Mar 15 with 1408 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Mar 15 by Lord_Bony

What you reckon next weeks score will be then? Lol

Who are we playing?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:46 - Mar 15 with 1392 viewslibertine

playing?????
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:51 - Mar 15 with 1370 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:42 - Mar 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Who are we playing?

I m merely saying had we won today as you predicted you would still be puffing up your plumage on here and probably be singing the praises of GM with the rest of us.

Because we loose you still walk the walk because you said a while back we would loose.

A win win situation....for you.

Bit daft really.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2014 20:52]

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:57 - Mar 15 with 1347 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 20:51 - Mar 15 by Lord_Bony

I m merely saying had we won today as you predicted you would still be puffing up your plumage on here and probably be singing the praises of GM with the rest of us.

Because we loose you still walk the walk because you said a while back we would loose.

A win win situation....for you.

Bit daft really.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2014 20:52]

If you could find where I 'predicted' we'd lose today then feel free to share. I even commented before the game how I was confident of a win. I thought that even with Garry in charge we still had a squad capable of beating the worst team in the league. I was mistaken.

If we had won today in a convincing fashion where none of Garry's previous tactical deficiencies were on display then I would have given him praise, as I did after the Cardiff game and the home leg of the Napoli tie. Since then his lack of tactical awareness and his 'rabbit in the headlights' look on the touchline has been incredibly apparent in each game and is getting more concerning by the week.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024