Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread 10:42 - Mar 15 with 26111 viewsLord_Bony

V

Been waiting for someone to start so here goes...

We should win this everything is in our favour it is extremely rare for them to beat us at home.

Hopefully,we ll see the return of the big man himself today.

I m going for 2-1 to us.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Mar 15 with 2224 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Mar 15 by perchrockjack

Abuse ? Really ? I mean has it affected your daily life. If so I ll be first to apologise as you are correct so that will be be of comfort to you.

Yes, verbal abuse. And no it hasn't affected my daily life.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Mar 15 with 2225 viewsZut_Alors

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Mar 15 by BLAZE

I suppose I come under that small minority given my comments after recent games. But the difference is I'm f*ckin devastated right now whilst your gloating, seemingly taking pleasure from what we're seeing. Do you really put internet oneupmanship above your team? You aren't a supporter, you're a c*nt.

Absolutely. I'm here to support Monk and the team for the run in, as we sure as hell need it.
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Mar 15 with 2224 viewsStarsky

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 16:50 - Mar 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why not? I have suffered huge amounts of abuse just because I could see what most were too blind to see. Today most of you will now feel the same. I feel vindicated. This is a sad day for the club but the positive is the fact that it should wake up the 'majority' who idolised Monk, similar to the West Ham result under Laudrup.

Well at least you'll be sitting in your armchair with a big smile on your face.
Personally I'm gutted about today's result AND PERFORMANCE.

It's just the internet, init.

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Mar 15 with 2191 viewsC_jack

It's not good enough to stand around and shout because you love the club. It doesn't cut it at this level.

No other club in this league would have given the job to a player,who's hardly played in the league, let alone managed in it. Too much complacency within the walls.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Mar 15 with 2190 viewsdailew

I suppose I come under that small minority given my comments after recent games. But the difference is I'm f*ckin devastated right now whilst your gloating, seemingly taking pleasure from what we're seeing. Do you really put internet oneupmanship above your team? You aren't a supporter, you're a c*nt.

Brilliantly summed up.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:01 - Mar 15 with 2116 viewsperchrockjack

Bottom line is ;who givesd a shite about who is right or wrong. I m feeling pretty sick and any feelings about any former manager etc are meaningless.
We have been in a downward spiral for many many months and things are not right at the club. It looked to me the spirit was back;it wasn't today and two monster fixtures to come. Not sure it means enough to many.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Mar 15 with 2110 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Mar 15 by Starsky

Well at least you'll be sitting in your armchair with a big smile on your face.
Personally I'm gutted about today's result AND PERFORMANCE.

If we go down I'll be able to see a lot of games as there are a huge number of Championship teams which are less than a £10 return journey on the train from Manchester. Although of course I would prefer to stay in the league. Maybe if our fans didn't lap up everything Jenkins does like he is some sort of God then we wouldn't be in this mess. The second one of our defenders with no managerial experience was appointed as our manager, alarm bells should have been ringing.

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:03 - Mar 15 with 2054 viewsWarwickHunt

Dominate first half, manager of a shit opposing team changes things at half time, we can't cope and go to pieces.

Has a familiar ring to it...
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Mar 15 with 2039 viewsZut_Alors

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Mar 15 by C_jack

It's not good enough to stand around and shout because you love the club. It doesn't cut it at this level.

No other club in this league would have given the job to a player,who's hardly played in the league, let alone managed in it. Too much complacency within the walls.

So what do you suggest? Get a new manager in now. Fu*ks sake that would be even more risky. Fact is, the club and supporters need to give our backing to Monk.

If you ask me, the players need to shoulder more responsibility. There was a similar capitulation to what I've seen too often this season. We need the same spirit that was shown in the Cardiff and Napoli games. This really isn't the time for complacency.
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Mar 15 with 2011 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:03 - Mar 15 by WarwickHunt

Dominate first half, manager of a shit opposing team changes things at half time, we can't cope and go to pieces.

Has a familiar ring to it...

I have been saying this for weeks. I did notice you too observed this not long ago. You are one of the more intelligent posters on this site. This whole fiasco has separated the wheat from the chaff.

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Mar 15 with 1989 viewsgoontheswans

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:01 - Mar 15 by perchrockjack

Bottom line is ;who givesd a shite about who is right or wrong. I m feeling pretty sick and any feelings about any former manager etc are meaningless.
We have been in a downward spiral for many many months and things are not right at the club. It looked to me the spirit was back;it wasn't today and two monster fixtures to come. Not sure it means enough to many.

You try hard to convince yourself we were on a downward spiral equivalent to looking worse against teams like palace and wba for many many months....... I would too if I were you.
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Mar 15 with 1986 viewsicecoldjack

Im also devastated mate, i was after the Palace game but people decided to stick the head in the sand after that one!

Monk as nice a guy that he is isnt going to do anything other than take us in the opposite direction IMO.

For us to be so shapeless in nearly all his games after the 60 min mark tells me alot.

Im frustrated because this is what we have til the season ends and a look at our bench isnt very comforting when emnes comes on for britton to get us a goal!

Im frustrated for the players too, i feel most of them are trying their best but we all knew as fans that we needed something of a lift in the Jan window, the board took the cheap option, the manager went and the board took the cheap option .

Id be fooking gutted to see us relegated, we can only hope that Monk gets the boys fired up for the coming games,but in all honesty its not a problem starting its a problem finishing,he has no idea how to change the game from the bench adn once the opposition counter what we do Monk is shot!!

Emotions running high right now from me, so sorry to be blunt but the board fooked it up by putting monk in charge and it looks like its gonna take us down.

Sorry.
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Mar 15 with 1983 viewsSorteErik

HAHAAHAHAHAH !

I hoped WBA could get something from this, but i thought even a draw would be very unikely, with WBA awful form in mind.

Do you miss Laudrup now ?

Monk has taken technically gifted players and turned them into fighters.... a recipe for succes.

Maybe Monk, Lita and Dyer, will have more succes in the championship
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:06 - Mar 15 with 1974 viewsperchrockjack

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Mar 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes, verbal abuse. And no it hasn't affected my daily life.

Verbal is face to face.
You have a shallow life if this is so.

To be thinking what you are right now makes me want to smack you full in the mouth with my rustiest shovel and ram the stump at your arse

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Mar 15 with 1944 viewsStarsky

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 16:56 - Mar 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

No, I don't. How I act on here isn't going to determine results on the field. If I was to go and cry in the pub tonight over the result, it isn't going to change anything. I take no pleasure from us losing to a relegation rival. I would have loved for us to put in a solid performance and cement our place in the league. I'm as angry as you. I am just making sure the numerous people who have abused me verbally over my fair and balanced views in recent weeks are made to feel accountable.

Why do you feel vindicated?
You and others were writing off Monk far too early in my opinion. Performances had been more good than bad and players looked out on their feet against palace.
However, after today's dire performance after a decent break, I do think were in much more trouble than I thought we were after the Palace game.
We looked bereft of ideas and didn't look like scoring after the first goal went in to be honest. Today was not far away from the dire West Ham performance that finally did for Laudrup.

It's just the internet, init.

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Mar 15 with 1915 viewsunion_jack

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Mar 15 by Zut_Alors

So what do you suggest? Get a new manager in now. Fu*ks sake that would be even more risky. Fact is, the club and supporters need to give our backing to Monk.

If you ask me, the players need to shoulder more responsibility. There was a similar capitulation to what I've seen too often this season. We need the same spirit that was shown in the Cardiff and Napoli games. This really isn't the time for complacency.

Agreed. The fight is not there and I questioned some time ago that if we got to this situation, would we have the fight for it. Think I got my fears confirmed today unfortunately.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:09 - Mar 15 with 1857 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Mar 15 by Starsky

Why do you feel vindicated?
You and others were writing off Monk far too early in my opinion. Performances had been more good than bad and players looked out on their feet against palace.
However, after today's dire performance after a decent break, I do think were in much more trouble than I thought we were after the Palace game.
We looked bereft of ideas and didn't look like scoring after the first goal went in to be honest. Today was not far away from the dire West Ham performance that finally did for Laudrup.

I feel vindicated because I was one of the few who were brave enough to voice their concerns over the appointment of Monk and his questionable tactical decisions since. Whilst most buried their heads in the sand, I was taking verbal abuse on this forum constantly just for trying to raise questions regarding the two points above.

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Mar 15 with 1840 viewsC_jack

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Mar 15 by Zut_Alors

No, I'm advocating completely getting behind GM and the team now, because we have no other choice, but we shouldn't have got ourselves into this mess in the first place.

Players need to shoulder more responsibility, but our 'interim manager' needs to shoulder the same, if not more. He needs to stop being wrapped in cotton wool just because he's 'Monks'. He wanted the glory of the Cardiff win, now he needs to face the other, less glamorous side of the job.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Mar 15 with 1711 viewscoolair

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Mar 15 by union_jack

Agreed. The fight is not there and I questioned some time ago that if we got to this situation, would we have the fight for it. Think I got my fears confirmed today unfortunately.

Don't ask a bunch of spanish - dutch players to fight like old time british. That won't happen. If you can't win a game where you have more than 65% possession you can't win anything.
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Mar 15 with 1701 viewsoldcob

They wouldn't fight for Laudrup and now they won't for Monk.Maybe we need not to look at the manager but at the players who don't put in the effort. Some seemed they didn't want to be there today.
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:17 - Mar 15 with 1696 viewsPinky

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Mar 15 by SorteErik

HAHAAHAHAHAH !

I hoped WBA could get something from this, but i thought even a draw would be very unikely, with WBA awful form in mind.

Do you miss Laudrup now ?

Monk has taken technically gifted players and turned them into fighters.... a recipe for succes.

Maybe Monk, Lita and Dyer, will have more succes in the championship

Having a go at Dyer? Stupid C*nt.

Even under Laudrup, did you watch us? He's one of our most consistent performers since he joined us.
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:18 - Mar 15 with 1664 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Mar 15 by oldcob

They wouldn't fight for Laudrup and now they won't for Monk.Maybe we need not to look at the manager but at the players who don't put in the effort. Some seemed they didn't want to be there today.

Good points
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Mar 15 with 1617 viewsunion_jack

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Mar 15 by oldcob

It certainly looked that way. They need to take a long look at themselves and at the club they play for and realise that only 100% effort will be required and what the club and us supporters deserve.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Mar 15 with 1596 viewsmichael_petersen

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Mar 15 by C_jack

wow,

what goes around comes around.

I am so happy now. hope you are all relegated. you had all off Denmark rooting for the swans.

do you know the story of 'the ugly duckling'. it turned into a beatiful swan. you don't.

michael p
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Mar 15 with 1593 viewsBLAZE

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Mar 15 by icecoldjack

Im also devastated mate, i was after the Palace game but people decided to stick the head in the sand after that one!

Monk as nice a guy that he is isnt going to do anything other than take us in the opposite direction IMO.

For us to be so shapeless in nearly all his games after the 60 min mark tells me alot.

Im frustrated because this is what we have til the season ends and a look at our bench isnt very comforting when emnes comes on for britton to get us a goal!

Im frustrated for the players too, i feel most of them are trying their best but we all knew as fans that we needed something of a lift in the Jan window, the board took the cheap option, the manager went and the board took the cheap option .

Id be fooking gutted to see us relegated, we can only hope that Monk gets the boys fired up for the coming games,but in all honesty its not a problem starting its a problem finishing,he has no idea how to change the game from the bench adn once the opposition counter what we do Monk is shot!!

Emotions running high right now from me, so sorry to be blunt but the board fooked it up by putting monk in charge and it looks like its gonna take us down.

Sorry.

I have the same fear regarding his ability to change things from the bench, I also think he's looking like a deer in the headlamps when things start going against us. And you're right, heads were buried in the sand - but in the fairness the performances had on the whole been excellent, even if we weren't quite getting the results.

But given the performance and opponents today, plus the fact we've had a good lay up, I think it'll hit home to a lot more people. There's no more excuses today.

The issue with Dwight is not his criticism of Monk, it's the self gratification he's clearly taking from our demise in this league. I don't care how much 'abuse' he's taken for his opinion - I can't fathom that as a supporter of this club, can anybody else?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024