Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reggie Cannon 19:12 - Sep 19 with 57360 viewsaston_hoop

In amongst all the fun of the game tonight, we are apparently looking to sign an American international right back

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Reggie Cannon on 13:41 - Sep 26 with 4344 viewsFDC

Can we use this as his song? Stadium full of people trying to make the dampened guitar riff sound, brilliant.
Reggie Cannon on 13:48 - Sep 26 with 4253 viewsMrSheen

Safe to say we are all Reggietarians now.
Reggie Cannon on 14:01 - Sep 26 with 4098 viewsLazyFan

Reggie Cannon on 13:40 - Sep 26 by Andybrat

So all in all a good transfer window, obviously Kevin Gallen won’t be happy as he wants another striker. But have to say fair play, I agree about Kakay he will still play a big part. With our lack of injuries GA will soon have some interesting decisions to make and a decent bench. Need Sam to somehow not get booked in the next 10 odd games ( not gonna happen)

Jack Colback will be back by then. So, we have decent coverage.

In past years we have struggled to have back-ups for CD or LB or RB. Now it seems we have decent cover in all areas of the defence thanks to this Cannon signing.

We even have a backup for Chair in Willock ... for a while at least.
What we need is backup for Dykes or better, but every club needs that.

Recruitment without any money has been decent, considering the lack of funds which were all spunked on Richards, who never plays. It seems we do not need a Director of Football, just a motivational manager and Belk rummaging through the bins of other clubs.

The real test comes in who we are able to sell and who we replace them with. Selling Dickie and Dieng and replacing them with Cook and Berk seems to have worked. They may be older, but Dickie and Dieng were moving past their sell-by dates anyway.

If we sell Chair to Leeds in the January window, we should buy someone like Stansfield off Fulham as he's only on loan at Brum and 5 years younger. If we sell Chair for £6m+ we could buy Stansfield for the same amount but defer say the last £2m into next season as a payment and therefore meet FFP. It probably wont happen with those players but something like that I expect to happen in Jan.

zzzzzzzzzz

Reggie Cannon on 14:23 - Sep 26 with 3911 viewsFerdy

I can see Reggie maybe playing where Smyth is currently playing so would expect Kakay to continue for now where he is. This means that we can also use Smyth in a more attacking position.
Reggie Cannon on 14:28 - Sep 26 with 3848 viewsCamberleyR

Reggie Cannon on 14:23 - Sep 26 by Ferdy

I can see Reggie maybe playing where Smyth is currently playing so would expect Kakay to continue for now where he is. This means that we can also use Smyth in a more attacking position.

Smyth has done very well so far in the right wing back role but I think he would do very well in a 4-3-3 as one of the front three attackers.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Reggie Cannon on 14:35 - Sep 26 with 3778 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Given the constraints he had to work with, its been a stellar window. I'm sure if his hand hadn't been forced into signing the currently regarded waste of space that is Richards, he'd have used that £400k more wisely.

Well done Gareth.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Reggie Cannon on 15:17 - Sep 26 with 3526 viewsDejR_vu

Don't know anything about the lad but he seems to have a good pedigree.

I agree with Honneywood above. Given where we are, I've been very surprised by the quality the club has managed to bring in. Everyone involved deserves a lot of credit.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Reggie Cannon on 15:41 - Sep 26 with 3401 viewsDorse

Must admit, I misread the name earlier and wondered what a Reggae Cannon might be. Still do, if I'm honest.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Reggie Cannon on 15:52 - Sep 26 with 3329 viewsBklynRanger

Reggie Cannon on 15:41 - Sep 26 by Dorse

Must admit, I misread the name earlier and wondered what a Reggae Cannon might be. Still do, if I'm honest.

A reggae cannon is a crowd participation device that shoots jerk chicken, beef patties etc into the crowd at the Notting Hill Carnival and related events.
Reggie Cannon on 15:54 - Sep 26 with 3320 viewsDavieQPR

Little known fact his grandfather is a Nobel Prize winner and considered one of leading scientist in the world.
Reggie Cannon on 15:59 - Sep 26 with 3295 viewsdmm

Reggie Cannon on 15:41 - Sep 26 by Dorse

The Reggae Canon would be the body of work of the music genre that originated in Jamaica in the late 1960s and exemplified by Toots and the Maytals, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Burning Spear and many others.
Reggie Cannon on 16:52 - Sep 26 with 3049 viewsFDC

Reggie Cannon on 15:59 - Sep 26 by dmm

The Reggae Canon would be the body of work of the music genre that originated in Jamaica in the late 1960s and exemplified by Toots and the Maytals, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Burning Spear and many others.

Incorrect, "reggae cannon" is a term used to describe the triumphant PA at a sound clash. E.g.

"Wow yuh ave a amazing sound system mi bredren it a absolute reggae canon"
Reggie Cannon on 17:07 - Sep 26 with 2947 viewssexton

Reggie got soul.
Reggie Cannon on 17:16 - Sep 26 with 2876 viewsnumptydumpty

Well done Rangers

Definitely needed cover, competition or even first choice and the fact he covers all of these on the right side of four or five defence, was an area we most definitely needed another body in the room.

Like others, currently, considering the financial constraints all of these transfers seem positive. Only the additional striker missing but perhaps the money required for that position much more than others.

Very different window to last summer, where we did have great deal of loan signings where only one was a success in Iroegbaenum...

No loaness this time is significant.

Showing bit more faith in youth coming through also.

Hopefully sick notes need not apply.....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Reggie Cannon on 17:26 - Sep 26 with 2822 viewsMick_S

Reggie Cannon on 15:59 - Sep 26 by dmm

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Reggie Cannon on 18:15 - Sep 26 with 2623 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Reggie Cannon on 18:29 - Sep 26 with 2522 viewsYoof

Reggie Cannon on 17:16 - Sep 26 by numptydumpty

Well done Rangers

Definitely needed cover, competition or even first choice and the fact he covers all of these on the right side of four or five defence, was an area we most definitely needed another body in the room.

Like others, currently, considering the financial constraints all of these transfers seem positive. Only the additional striker missing but perhaps the money required for that position much more than others.

Very different window to last summer, where we did have great deal of loan signings where only one was a success in Iroegbaenum...

No loaness this time is significant.

Showing bit more faith in youth coming through also.

Hopefully sick notes need not apply.....

Agree we need an extra striker but thinking about it this signing will boost our forward options

I mean this for those occasions that Armstrong doesn’t play

As currently if we play say Dykes furthest forward then say Chair and Willock behind them we struggle to counter up the pitch. Without the pace teams can press up on us more

But now, if we are missing Armstongs pace then we can play Dykes up top with Chair and then also move Smyth from his Wing back Role. Currently we need to keep Smyth back where he is

But signing Cannon gives us this extra attacking option

Best window we’ve had since we last didn’t have a DOF ironically!!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 18:30]
Reggie Cannon on 18:56 - Sep 26 with 2406 viewsflynnbo

All we need now is a Ronnie Ball so that we have a double pair of dubious characters. Apologies if a Spackman but couldn't be bothered to read through the whole thread.
Reggie Cannon on 19:04 - Sep 26 with 2381 viewsbosh67

So all in all a good transfer window, obviously Kevin Gallen won’t be happy as he wants another striker. But have to say fair play, I agree about Kakay he will still play a big part. With our lack of injuries GA will soon have some interesting decisions to make and a decent bench. Need Sam to somehow not get booked in the next 10 odd games ( not gonna happen)

This is a good signing all being well and I agree that Kakay still has a role to play. I think Gallen is still right. We do need another striker some how from somewhere, preferably one with a bit of experience at this level. I think if we have that option then this squad will be okay. Relying on Dykes and Armstrong when one of them is still a rookie feels a bit fatal.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 19:06]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Reggie Cannon on 19:06 - Sep 26 with 2372 viewsdaveB

Gallen is right though we are still very short up front, going into another full season with just Dykes as a senior striker is asking for trouble imo
Reggie Cannon on 19:08 - Sep 26 with 2356 viewsdaveB

Reggie Cannon on 14:01 - Sep 26 by LazyFan

Jack Colback will be back by then. So, we have decent coverage.

In past years we have struggled to have back-ups for CD or LB or RB. Now it seems we have decent cover in all areas of the defence thanks to this Cannon signing.

We even have a backup for Chair in Willock ... for a while at least.
What we need is backup for Dykes or better, but every club needs that.

Recruitment without any money has been decent, considering the lack of funds which were all spunked on Richards, who never plays. It seems we do not need a Director of Football, just a motivational manager and Belk rummaging through the bins of other clubs.

The real test comes in who we are able to sell and who we replace them with. Selling Dickie and Dieng and replacing them with Cook and Berk seems to have worked. They may be older, but Dickie and Dieng were moving past their sell-by dates anyway.

If we sell Chair to Leeds in the January window, we should buy someone like Stansfield off Fulham as he's only on loan at Brum and 5 years younger. If we sell Chair for £6m+ we could buy Stansfield for the same amount but defer say the last £2m into next season as a payment and therefore meet FFP. It probably wont happen with those players but something like that I expect to happen in Jan.

Fulham won't sell us Stansfield and not a chance we'll spend 6million on him anyway
Reggie Cannon on 19:10 - Sep 26 with 2342 viewshubble

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie, here comes Rangers Reggie

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Reggie Cannon on 19:23 - Sep 26 with 2274 viewsNorthLondonR

Reggie Cannon on 18:56 - Sep 26 by flynnbo

All we need now is a Ronnie Ball so that we have a double pair of dubious characters. Apologies if a Spackman but couldn't be bothered to read through the whole thread.

We could all deliver this (subject to the approval of the United Songbook of course... all the words to all the songs) en masse in a "Men of Harlech" type acapella chant?

There could also be a version of this that inspires other clubs to copy (subject to the United Songbook of course... all the words to all the songs)

Du Du du duuuuu du du du duuuuu du du duuu du, du du du duuu du du duuu u du du duuuuu du REGGIE CANNON...

Or for the purists among us...

Ya da dee yeh yeh ee oh
Ya da dee yeh yeh ee ah
Ya da dee yeh ah
In Americ urelei urelei urelei urelei urelei urelei eh!
Urelei urelei urelei urelei urelei USA (for America)

Reggie Cannon plays for Rangers, other teams they have f-ck all... In America yeeooo ay da yeeooo ah in America.... (or some such):

[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 20:04]
Reggie Cannon on 20:22 - Sep 26 with 2024 viewsBlackCrowe

Reggie Cannon on 19:10 - Sep 26 by hubble

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie, here comes Rangers Reggie

I hope and kray he lives up to expectations.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Reggie Cannon (n/t) (n/t) on 20:43 - Sep 26 with 1919 viewsPinnerR

[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 20:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024