Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PBBC 18:31 - Apr 23 with 37099 viewsflynnbo

"...never felt more like singing the blues when Rangers win and Rangers lose...!
PBBC (n/t) on 22:44 - Apr 23 with 4711 viewsQPsyR

PBBC on 22:39 - Apr 23 by Monkey_Roots

Your rational thoughts and careful considerations aren’t welcome in this thread, Antti. We’re only interested in bitterness and rejoicing in misery.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 22:47]

FKA AcidPixie

PBBC on 03:13 - Apr 24 with 4540 viewsSydneyRs

PBBC on 18:32 - Apr 23 by traininvain

If they lose the cup semi final to Celtic I reckon he’ll be under a bit of pressure. What a shame it’d be if he got the sack!

This is actually the first time since he went there that they've dropped points other than v Celtic, although they had some pretty lucky referee assisted wins when he first arrived.

He's been singing a familiar tune recently, needs four or five players to be competitive, no disrespect to the current players etc, etc. Nothing ever his fault. Prior to this it was all bravado about how his team were as good as Celtic, before they lost the league cup final and then at Celtic Park recently to make Celtic winning the league even more of a certainly than it already was. So now the tune changes to he doesn't have enough players.

They have also had two share issues in the last three weeks, indicating all is not well financially. They also have some court cases coming up against them which could be quite expensive. So not sure how much quality they can afford.

If they lose the semi final the natives will certainly be restless.
PBBC on 03:19 - Apr 24 with 4535 viewsSydneyRs

PBBC on 18:52 - Apr 23 by DejR_vu

Managing one of The Old Firm has got to be the easiest job in world football. You basically have four matches a season and 30 odd warm-up games. You can’t really fail to qualify for The Champions League.

The only downside is if you finish second in the league, you’ve lost a two horse race. If the Bealeshitter can’t win the league there, he’s even more over-rated than I suspect.

Partly true but you are expected to win the league every year so there is a lot of pressure from supporters. Especially Rangers fans as they will have seen Celtic winning 11 of the last 12 league titles.

Champions league was only via qualifying rounds until last season. League winner now gets to group stage and second has to qualify.

Also Celtic are a very well run club these days, a far cry from the skint mess they were in the late 80s and early to mid 90s when Rangers were racking up titles with half the England team playing for them. They have a very good coach in Postecoglu, good finances and will likely be stronger next season.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 3:45]
PBBC on 06:53 - Apr 24 with 4418 viewsnix

PBBC on 22:25 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

Can't see much difference between what he did and what we did to Critchley tbh. Yeah, he gave it the biggun about loyalty, but honestly, couldn't care less what he does or doesn't do now.

From my perspective it is different. Because we didn't affect Critchley's life or circumstances in any way. He didn't have to move to come here or rather only temporarily. We were known to be a basket case at the time so if it didn't work out there's no real damage to his reputation, he just gets a big pay off for a few weeks' work. I doubt he was lied to, he knew how bad the situation was when he came in and I suspect it was a win-win for him. If he succeeded in keeping us up he would have got a big bonus I'm guessing and if he didn't then a decent pay off, having just got a pay off from Villa.

Beale, on the other hand, was given a lot of latitude to run the club as he saw fit because he'd made a commitment to the club as a young manager in his first job. There is no way the Board would have backed him like they did if he hadn't promised them continuity. He brought in a load of young players, again having promised them the earth. How do I know? Because he told us that he had to convince Paal to come here and I'm sure it was the same for the others like JCS, Richards and Roberts and even Laird and Oroebugnan. He even made them design the training ground to suit him, which again I know because he told us. So when he left there were a lot of disaffected players who pretty much downed tools because they were lied to and a disaffected Board who'd been lied to as well and for whom it cost them a lot of money. Maybe it was partly their fault for being naive but it undid a lot of the rebuilding we'd done in the previous three years.

He so publicly courted other clubs, Clive knew about Stoke and we all knew about Wolves and sitting in the box at Rangers, which was an insult to the incumbent manager as well as us. He lied about this, talked about loyalty and then f*cked off anyway, once again peeing off the fans and the players. The way he did this undoubtedly destabilised the club, the players and the fans more than if he'd just gone unexpectedly because it was drawn out over several weeks.

I'm not going to permanently loathe him or follow his career avidly, but a bit of Schadenfreude in the same season he did nearly get us relegated (and we're not out of the woods yet) is a small price to pay, and I doubt he gives a monkey's what this Board says. After all he was doing it for his family...right?
PBBC on 08:16 - Apr 24 with 4309 viewsParkRoyalR

PBBC on 06:53 - Apr 24 by nix

From my perspective it is different. Because we didn't affect Critchley's life or circumstances in any way. He didn't have to move to come here or rather only temporarily. We were known to be a basket case at the time so if it didn't work out there's no real damage to his reputation, he just gets a big pay off for a few weeks' work. I doubt he was lied to, he knew how bad the situation was when he came in and I suspect it was a win-win for him. If he succeeded in keeping us up he would have got a big bonus I'm guessing and if he didn't then a decent pay off, having just got a pay off from Villa.

Beale, on the other hand, was given a lot of latitude to run the club as he saw fit because he'd made a commitment to the club as a young manager in his first job. There is no way the Board would have backed him like they did if he hadn't promised them continuity. He brought in a load of young players, again having promised them the earth. How do I know? Because he told us that he had to convince Paal to come here and I'm sure it was the same for the others like JCS, Richards and Roberts and even Laird and Oroebugnan. He even made them design the training ground to suit him, which again I know because he told us. So when he left there were a lot of disaffected players who pretty much downed tools because they were lied to and a disaffected Board who'd been lied to as well and for whom it cost them a lot of money. Maybe it was partly their fault for being naive but it undid a lot of the rebuilding we'd done in the previous three years.

He so publicly courted other clubs, Clive knew about Stoke and we all knew about Wolves and sitting in the box at Rangers, which was an insult to the incumbent manager as well as us. He lied about this, talked about loyalty and then f*cked off anyway, once again peeing off the fans and the players. The way he did this undoubtedly destabilised the club, the players and the fans more than if he'd just gone unexpectedly because it was drawn out over several weeks.

I'm not going to permanently loathe him or follow his career avidly, but a bit of Schadenfreude in the same season he did nearly get us relegated (and we're not out of the woods yet) is a small price to pay, and I doubt he gives a monkey's what this Board says. After all he was doing it for his family...right?

Agree with all of this, but the most outrageous thing he did was to tap-up and take Neil Banfield with him,

To take his own team with him is the the norm, but to undermine the existing staff and completely destabilise the club was just beyond the pale,

The bloke is a narcissist and Rangers fans are already criticising the fact he can't stop talking,is bemoaning non-existent decisions not given their way playing to their victim mentality, I have a feeling the bloke's the next Phil Brown, hoping I'm right as that bloke deserves some karma.
PBBC on 09:04 - Apr 24 with 4180 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nail on head.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

PBBC on 10:21 - Apr 24 with 4032 viewsQPsyR

PBBC on 22:25 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

Can't see much difference between what he did and what we did to Critchley tbh. Yeah, he gave it the biggun about loyalty, but honestly, couldn't care less what he does or doesn't do now.

I agree with you about Critchley, I
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 8:47]

FKA AcidPixie

PBBC on 10:40 - Apr 24 with 3983 viewsnumptydumpty

Beales main problem is his motor mouth on interviews where he says too much.

Noted that Glasgow Rangers fans getting irritated with his interviews.

They want changes but he has said only two players won't be there next season.

Probably said to reassure his players but what Beale says one week, he completely contradicts the next..

So no change there then !!!

Think he needs to go on some kind of intensive media training class as so much nonsense comes out of his big mouth that he ties himself up in the proverbial knots !

But the natives are getting restless and think Beale might not be in situ by beginning of next season.

What a darned shame !!!! 🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

PBBC on 10:53 - Apr 24 with 3960 viewsdannyblue

Umm. Bit embarrassed. Don't know how I've missed it. Can't work out why I can't work it out. Thought of logging anonymously....but.....

What does PBBC stand for?
PBBC on 11:15 - Apr 24 with 3877 viewsPlanetHonneywood

He's gone and for those who haven't yet: move on!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

PBBC on 11:29 - Apr 24 with 3824 viewssparkey

PBBC on 11:15 - Apr 24 by PlanetHonneywood

Never!
PBBC on 11:32 - Apr 24 with 3788 viewsToast_R

We were all annoyed he left but don't really hold him that accountable. As already said, loyalty goes both ways and the how QPR treated Critchley and Warburton seems just as bad.

I think MB was stupid really to up and leave to go to Glasgow Rangers. The 80s and 90a are long gone and he's on a hiding to nothing really going there. Look at Steven Gerrard, got all the glory and pats on the back in the Scottish echo chamber until he took a real job on and was found out massively. Beale will end up the same IMO when really, his stock would have been much higher if he'd stayed with QPR and got a top half finish. Definitely a victim of his own hype and he now has a big question mark over his character.

[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 11:37]
PBBC on 11:33 - Apr 24 with 3777 viewsWokingR

PBBC on 22:39 - Apr 23 by Monkey_Roots

Your rational thoughts and careful considerations aren’t welcome in this thread, Antti. We’re only interested in bitterness and rejoicing in misery.

You're either with us or against us Antti !!!!!
PBBC on 11:35 - Apr 24 with 3763 viewsWokingR

PBBC on 11:15 - Apr 24 by PlanetHonneywood

Boo
BOO!!!!
PBBC on 11:56 - Apr 24 with 3689 viewsMrSheen

PBBC on 10:53 - Apr 24 by dannyblue

Umm. Bit embarrassed. Don't know how I've missed it. Can't work out why I can't work it out. Thought of logging anonymously....but.....

Pot-bellied Bromley Cad.
PBBC on 12:08 - Apr 24 with 3661 viewsQPsyR

PBBC on 10:53 - Apr 24 by dannyblue

FPBBC

Fkn Pot Bellied Bromley Cnt

[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 8:48]

FKA AcidPixie

PBBC on 22:25 - Apr 24 with 3417 viewsnumptydumpty

Beales main problem is his motor mouth on interviews where he says too much.

Noted that Glasgow Rangers fans getting irritated with his interviews.

They want changes but he has said only two players won't be there next season.

Probably said to reassure his players but what Beale says one week, he completely contradicts the next..

So no change there then !!!

Think he needs to go on some kind of intensive media training class as so much nonsense comes out of his big mouth that he ties himself up in the proverbial knots !

But the natives are getting restless and think Beale might not be in situ by beginning of next season.

What a darned shame !!!! 🤣
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 22:30]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

PBBC on 22:38 - Apr 24 with 3367 viewsCamberleyR

Phoney Beale mania has bitten the dust.

Can't take the credit for that, I have to admit.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

PBBC on 00:32 - Apr 25 with 3251 viewsconnell10

Post of the season.....nail hit Square on the head...brilliant

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

PBBC on 00:36 - Apr 25 with 3249 viewsconnell10

PBBC on 11:32 - Apr 24 by Toast_R

We were all annoyed he left but don't really hold him that accountable. As already said, loyalty goes both ways and the how QPR treated Critchley and Warburton seems just as bad.

I think MB was stupid really to up and leave to go to Glasgow Rangers. The 80s and 90a are long gone and he's on a hiding to nothing really going there. Look at Steven Gerrard, got all the glory and pats on the back in the Scottish echo chamber until he took a real job on and was found out massively. Beale will end up the same IMO when really, his stock would have been much higher if he'd stayed with QPR and got a top half finish. Definitely a victim of his own hype and he now has a big question mark over his character.

[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 11:37]

And a big boil on his face!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

PBBC on 13:51 - Apr 25 with 2986 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The annoying thing raised in your post, is the reaction of the players MB brought in after he scarped back over the border.

If the poor darlings did feel disaffected and lied too, then their beef should have been with MB, not QPR! Their reaction as has been commented upon ad nauseum here and elsewhere, was embarrassing. If these overpaid oafs didn't like it, the professional reaction would have been to show MB what he'd left behind as opposed to mopping around like a lovesick teenager, and merely showing other clubs their lack of mettle.

Equally, if they think they're going to go through their careers and managers aren't going to leave or team mates sold or let go, then they had better pack it in now.

The post-Doha demise rests largely on the the players, save some notable exceptions. Least they can do is get us over tge line in the Potteries on Saturday.

PBBC on 15:38 - Apr 30 with 2610 viewsflynnbo

Just thought I'd resurrect this one.
PBBC on 15:45 - Apr 30 with 2555 viewsted_hendrix

By all accounts he's played Celtic five times and lost all five times, they won't put up with that for much longer up there, basically he's a loser and hasn't improved things at all.
Loser.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

PBBC on 16:43 - Apr 30 with 2407 viewsBrianWilson

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PBBC on 16:56 - Apr 30 with 2347 viewsPlanetHonneywood

PBBC on 16:43 - Apr 30 by BrianWilson

Sounds like thinks have come to the 'boiling' point!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024