Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Dickie the new Maguire? 11:22 - Sep 15 with 7802 viewsdermyqpr

Don't think he will walk straight back in once free of his injury. Thoughts?
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 10:10 - Sep 16 with 806 viewstraininvain

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 09:49 - Sep 16 by stevec

Your lot have made a success of that, so it is possible but Fulham have got promoted on loan players as have a couple of others. Yes they came straight back down but with money in the coffers, something we are continually short of and it enables them to punch above their previous weight in this Division.

Beale is doing something about this and we look a lot better for it. We need to stop this aversion to loan players.

Fulham had a few loans but they also had Mitrovic (Championship cheat code), Seri (£25m), Cairney etc. Let’s be honest, the reason Fulham went up wasn’t the loan signings.

Forest are probably the example you’re looking for as they were promoted last season with 4/5 loan signings in the first team. But they also had an expensively assembled squad of about 50 players which we couldn’t afford in our wildest dreams.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 10:20 - Sep 16 with 787 viewsLazyFan

Either Willock signs a new contract in Jan, possible if offered a budget-busting deal (which we may fund somehow by smaller player sales of lesser players) or we sell him as otherwise, he will be worth less.

I suspect in Jan he will go to someone like Florist who will be desperate at the bottom of the prem then and ... "just a few players short"

This may allow us to sign Laird and Tim in midfield (as a longer team JoJo replacement) and then our scouts will have to find the next Willock.

zzzzzzzzzz

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:04 - Sep 16 with 757 viewsstevec

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 09:51 - Sep 16 by Northernr

What aversion? We had Gray, McCallum, Hendrick and Sanderson all here on loan last season, at hefty expense, to help us to our eleventh placed finish.

Austin, Johansen, Field, De Wijs the season before.

Matt Smith, Hugill, Wells, Mlakar 19/20

Cameron, Wells, Hemed 18/19

If we've got an aversion to loans we're hiding it well.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Apologies, I didn’t word that too well.

I was referring to fan base perhaps developing that aversion but take your point.

Of those, probably last season was the least productive of incoming loans, those other three years probably more successful than failing.

Agree we are going the right way generally but we should be putting out our best team irrespective of whether they’re a loan or not.

* Allen/Goddard. Good spot, shouldn’t have forgotten that!
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:20 - Sep 16 with 728 viewsdmm

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 10:20 - Sep 16 by LazyFan

Either Willock signs a new contract in Jan, possible if offered a budget-busting deal (which we may fund somehow by smaller player sales of lesser players) or we sell him as otherwise, he will be worth less.

I suspect in Jan he will go to someone like Florist who will be desperate at the bottom of the prem then and ... "just a few players short"

This may allow us to sign Laird and Tim in midfield (as a longer team JoJo replacement) and then our scouts will have to find the next Willock.

We'd best not think we might sign Laird and Tim, however much we'd like to do so. They are both highly valued by their clubs and are expected to progress into their first team squads.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 15:51 - Sep 16 with 647 viewskensalriser

Six of Taarabt's 2010-11 goals were scored from outside the area, a high percentage of his total when you take out the penalties. Quite a few of the others were not far inside the box and only a couple were taps in.

On that basis I'd say it's false that midfielders scoring from outside the box won't get you places - without those six goals would we have gone up?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=245621536584962

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 16:06 - Sep 16 with 631 viewsNorthernr

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:20 - Sep 16 by dmm

We'd best not think we might sign Laird and Tim, however much we'd like to do so. They are both highly valued by their clubs and are expected to progress into their first team squads.

Yeh we've got about as much chance of signing Laird as I have of headlining Glastonbury.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 16:37 - Sep 16 with 603 viewsextratimeR

I'm a huge fan of Dunne, because of his honesty and he always gives 100% but.... he does have a problem with giving the ball straight to the opposing back four, ( I'm guessing it is a Burnley thing as up to Manager change that was their game).

But Mick Beale will not tolerate constantly giving possession back to the oppo, against Millwall ( where Jimmy played well) , still to many clearances were not placed but leathered, ((obviously not where you are clearing under pressure in the six yard box).

I think Mick Beale will tidy up this side of his game, so it will get sorted.

Dickie back in Saturday for reasons as mentioned by Clive, ( but seems a bit soon if it's a turned ankle).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024