Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Dickie the new Maguire? 11:22 - Sep 15 with 7803 viewsdermyqpr

Don't think he will walk straight back in once free of his injury. Thoughts?
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 17:51 - Sep 15 with 1390 viewsNorthernr

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 17:13 - Sep 15 by stainrods_elbow

If Beale thinks Balogun is better than what we have, or at least adds competition at centre back that helps Dunne and Dickie focus and improve (and hence become more saleable for those here who like to think more about the business than the team), then it's a canny signing for me if he improves our promotion prospects and contributes an experienced head to nurture the younger players. As for the transfer market and FFS, other clubs have shown they can improve their squads significantly without doing the Brentford 'rinse and repeat' schtick (or boom or bust). The vexing issue as to why we have been unable to acquire a half-decen t striker in years is a legitimate one regardless. Meanwhile, the club is not operating under different budgetary constraints from any other club, and the outrageously humungus fine we ultimately accepted Hoos has gone on record as saying does not impact transfer/contract budgets but is underwrittren by the owners.

“The club is not operating under different budget constraints from any other club”

Simply not true. At our last set of accounts, our revenue was comfortably in the bottom quarter of this division. (Despite that, we finished ninth.)

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 17:53 - Sep 15 with 1383 viewsPinnerPaul

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 15:19 - Sep 15 by terryb

I did understand the Irish comment Pete & Jon.

For quite a while I've also gained the impression that a few board members have gone overboard with their defence of players at Rangers that qualify to play for Ireland, although I thought I was alone!

The most notable for this was Myke, who appears to have left the board, with his continual support & comments regarding Manning & Hendrick in particular.

This certainly doesn't apply to a good number of our members form across the sea though.

Well that's true, because whatever the opposite of an appreciation society is, me and Brian Mc are the most ardent members of it regarding Mr M!
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 17:54 - Sep 15 with 1376 viewsdmm

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 17:44 - Sep 15 by eastside_r

Boo, hiss!

I like him a lot, especially after he appeared on the podcast last year after burying the winning penalty against Everton. But really I get your point, but who in the team at the back end of last season was playing well? I wouldn't single him out.

However, it's obvious that JCS is Beale's boy and first choice (default) will probably be him and Dickie, with Dunne and Balogun as back-ups.

Masterson, it appears, has failed to convince consecutive managers that he can cut it at this level which is a shame, but I 've not seen enough of him to form an opinion either way. So I guess you have to go with what the manager sees on the training ground.

Beale knew Masterson at Liverpool and said he was a DCM at that time. He tried him in that position in one or two preseason games. He seemed to do okay on loan at Gillingham for half of last season and probably found his level there.

Can't see him getting many if any game time with us this season and will probably leave on a free next summer.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 18:03 - Sep 15 with 1331 viewsBklynRanger

“Unless, of course, he's so brilliant, he gets you promoted. But I think that's a stretch."

I think that could be key though if we get on a bit of a run. We've already shown we're susceptible to that thinking (not totally unjustifiably in my attention deficit thinking).

Could see it as Balgoun and JCS as first choice pairing for long stretches, with JCS as your most immediately sellable asset and Dickie and Dunne as more than able replacements. Once we get near or in the playoff places the pathway policy will again be perniciously pressed.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 18:18]
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 18:32 - Sep 15 with 1263 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 17:19 - Sep 15 by PinnerPaul

I think the whole "Who are our best two defenders?" debate is a little pointless.

With injuries suspension, we certainly need 4.

Dickie started the season a little 'slowly' in my view and we haven't seen enough of either Balougan (Spelling -sorry!) & JCS to place them in the pecking order in any case.

Own personal view is that Rob's lack of pace will hold him back from the very top, but that could turn out to be complete nonsense!

The bottom half of the Prem play a very deep line anyway and it doesn’t matter if players are slow because there is fck all space behind them anyway.

I’d obviously prefer to keep him but Dickie is made for a Southampton type club.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 18:36 - Sep 15 with 1261 viewsNorthernr

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 18:32 - Sep 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

The bottom half of the Prem play a very deep line anyway and it doesn’t matter if players are slow because there is fck all space behind them anyway.

I’d obviously prefer to keep him but Dickie is made for a Southampton type club.

For me, for a lot of the reasons given by Sakura and others above, he strikes me most as exactly the sort of panicky purchase done by a Bournemouth/West Brom/Watford type with some parachute payment in their pocket and a season going pear shaped in the last week of the January window. Could easily have seen Bournemouth bunging us a few mil for him last Jan when they were charging around trying to pay £8 for a Pot Noodle before the canteen closed.

Willock is different gravy. If his contract situation was better he'd be a £20m player, Bowen and Eze levels potentially. One of the five best players in this league now.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 18:52 - Sep 15 with 1227 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 18:36 - Sep 15 by Northernr

For me, for a lot of the reasons given by Sakura and others above, he strikes me most as exactly the sort of panicky purchase done by a Bournemouth/West Brom/Watford type with some parachute payment in their pocket and a season going pear shaped in the last week of the January window. Could easily have seen Bournemouth bunging us a few mil for him last Jan when they were charging around trying to pay £8 for a Pot Noodle before the canteen closed.

Willock is different gravy. If his contract situation was better he'd be a £20m player, Bowen and Eze levels potentially. One of the five best players in this league now.

Going to be some tough decisions to be made this January if we are either top 6 or bottom 6
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 18:53 - Sep 15 with 1228 viewsSakura

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 17:02 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Well on the 'if he was going to sign an extension he would have done so' point you might be right, but as I keep saying I think our FFP headroom is so tight we're perhaps not in a position to offer extensions that our better players would consider. Much like what happened with Bright and Manning, who we also tried to strong arm into signing regardless at various points with no success at all.

But that's my point, if he spends the next 18 -20 months as 4th choice getting much more infrequent game time. Well then he definitely isn't going to get the sort of contract he's currently hoping he will get

So that's what I mean by we use our leverage their for negotiating. He and his agent need to know, that if he does sign the best deal we can offer then he will get preference over the likes of Balogun. And we can agree that we will sell him less than his full market rate but significantly more than we are currently on track to get should anyone come in for him.

We will have progressively leverage with each week that passes and the current circumstances are perfect to play this card in contract negotiations.

For a young defender to have 18 months as 4th choice and not playing much. He can't then expect to be walk into a big contract so lets incentivise him to come to instead come to a mutually beneficial compromise and sign the contract
Login to get fewer ads

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 18:56 - Sep 15 with 1222 viewsNorthernr

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 18:53 - Sep 15 by Sakura

But that's my point, if he spends the next 18 -20 months as 4th choice getting much more infrequent game time. Well then he definitely isn't going to get the sort of contract he's currently hoping he will get

So that's what I mean by we use our leverage their for negotiating. He and his agent need to know, that if he does sign the best deal we can offer then he will get preference over the likes of Balogun. And we can agree that we will sell him less than his full market rate but significantly more than we are currently on track to get should anyone come in for him.

We will have progressively leverage with each week that passes and the current circumstances are perfect to play this card in contract negotiations.

For a young defender to have 18 months as 4th choice and not playing much. He can't then expect to be walk into a big contract so lets incentivise him to come to instead come to a mutually beneficial compromise and sign the contract

Sorry, I do totally get the point and the theory. It just strikes me as a bit 'cut off your nose to spite your face' though, sitting (arguably) your best defender down for a prolonged period, pissing him off etc, devaluing whatever asset value he might have in January or next summer, weakening the team... In the hope that 18 months down the line he might say "oh go on then I'll sign the extension for less". I get the theory, but it feels a bit fanciful for me, sort of thing that might work on Football Manager but not in real life.

They tried it - not to the extreme levels of 18 months but still - with both Manning and Bright and got nowhere.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 19:16 - Sep 15 with 1181 viewsNorthernr

An additional smaller point on contract renewals... I did say at the end of last season, when they refused to entertain discussions with players about deals until after the last game, and you had players moving out of homes and putting stuff in storage awaiting a conversation, Barbet left to wander around the pitch with his mrs after everybody had gone after Sheff Utd etc that it didn't send a particularly brilliant message to other players who we might wish would show us a bit of loyalty and renew deals.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 19:43 - Sep 15 with 1141 viewsSakura

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 18:56 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Sorry, I do totally get the point and the theory. It just strikes me as a bit 'cut off your nose to spite your face' though, sitting (arguably) your best defender down for a prolonged period, pissing him off etc, devaluing whatever asset value he might have in January or next summer, weakening the team... In the hope that 18 months down the line he might say "oh go on then I'll sign the extension for less". I get the theory, but it feels a bit fanciful for me, sort of thing that might work on Football Manager but not in real life.

They tried it - not to the extreme levels of 18 months but still - with both Manning and Bright and got nowhere.

For it to work it has to happen now. We tried it with Manning and Bright when they were too close to the finish line of free agency

Plus they were the best players in their positions at the time comfortably and weren't playing due to any favouritism so dropping them in the last season wasn't a credible sustainable negotiating threat. Even if we tried the agent knew. Lose a couple of games and they are back in. Brights agent knew team goes on a bad run and he's getting in ahead of likes of Pugh and Jan Mlakar. That's not a comparable situation to what Dickie's competing with

Also your concern here is also around playing Dickie even if Balogun is a better player, on form, tactically suited etc.

As Huddersfield showed last year, in a tougher league to get promoted from (because Fulham mainly were miles ahead and had that one place locked down) we have a chance. Especially when you factor in the development of league best players like Willock and Chair in that time and look at the addition of what looks like two outstanding full backs

Well then imagine if the hypothetical fine margin we miss out on promotion is because Dickie has a brain fart and goes back to grabbing the shoulder when turned and gives a pen and sent off or something. When Balogun in that made up scenario should have been playing instead. Well then that would be a lot more damaging to the club that if we giving Dickie preference when he looks on track to go for relative peanuts at best if he doesn't sign a contract

So the cut your nose off to spite your face comment I see from your side but I think it works the other way if indeed Balogun is a better player, and also if Dickie is on track to go for a free transfer.

The comparison with Bright actually emphasises my point as he turned down Brugge in Jan, and I’m sure got that lack of transfer fee built into his wages or sign on fee. If we keep playing Dickie even if there are better players than him in the squad now. Then we might just play a weaker team only to let him see out his contract and bank the extra dosh for himself as a free agent
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 19:46 - Sep 15 with 1134 viewsNorthernr

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 19:43 - Sep 15 by Sakura

For it to work it has to happen now. We tried it with Manning and Bright when they were too close to the finish line of free agency

Plus they were the best players in their positions at the time comfortably and weren't playing due to any favouritism so dropping them in the last season wasn't a credible sustainable negotiating threat. Even if we tried the agent knew. Lose a couple of games and they are back in. Brights agent knew team goes on a bad run and he's getting in ahead of likes of Pugh and Jan Mlakar. That's not a comparable situation to what Dickie's competing with

Also your concern here is also around playing Dickie even if Balogun is a better player, on form, tactically suited etc.

As Huddersfield showed last year, in a tougher league to get promoted from (because Fulham mainly were miles ahead and had that one place locked down) we have a chance. Especially when you factor in the development of league best players like Willock and Chair in that time and look at the addition of what looks like two outstanding full backs

Well then imagine if the hypothetical fine margin we miss out on promotion is because Dickie has a brain fart and goes back to grabbing the shoulder when turned and gives a pen and sent off or something. When Balogun in that made up scenario should have been playing instead. Well then that would be a lot more damaging to the club that if we giving Dickie preference when he looks on track to go for relative peanuts at best if he doesn't sign a contract

So the cut your nose off to spite your face comment I see from your side but I think it works the other way if indeed Balogun is a better player, and also if Dickie is on track to go for a free transfer.

The comparison with Bright actually emphasises my point as he turned down Brugge in Jan, and I’m sure got that lack of transfer fee built into his wages or sign on fee. If we keep playing Dickie even if there are better players than him in the squad now. Then we might just play a weaker team only to let him see out his contract and bank the extra dosh for himself as a free agent

You've perhaps also got to factor in what that does to...

a) relationship with new manager, telling him he can no longer select one of the team's better players.

b) the dressing room. Would the rest of the players just happily accept that and carry on? Particularly if you're still picking Willock, whose contract is also up at the same time...

Like I say, I get the principal, I just don't think it would work in practice.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 20:06 - Sep 15 with 1081 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Despite all this, I’d much rather power be with the players and not the owners, but both should be behind fans in the queue.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 01:32 - Sep 16 with 922 viewsnumptydumpty

Err no he isn't.

He will not be sold for £80 million !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 02:07 - Sep 16 with 902 viewsSydneyRs

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 12:41 - Sep 15 by connell10

Because he is Irish ???

Yeah that well known way of getting a free pass. I literally grew up watching people make very good livings on TV taking the piss out of the Irish. Country has been at least partially occupied for nearly a thousand years and has a horrendous history of oppression.

But yes, free pass.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 07:01 - Sep 16 with 837 viewstraininvain

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 02:07 - Sep 16 by SydneyRs

Yeah that well known way of getting a free pass. I literally grew up watching people make very good livings on TV taking the piss out of the Irish. Country has been at least partially occupied for nearly a thousand years and has a horrendous history of oppression.

But yes, free pass.

I think you’ve missed the point. Surely that’s more likely to make the Irish want to stick together and look out for one another hence why Dunne, Hendrick etc might get more of a pass from some (and I mean some, not all) of our supporters with Irish links.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 07:02 - Sep 16 with 834 viewsSakura

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 19:46 - Sep 15 by Northernr

You've perhaps also got to factor in what that does to...

a) relationship with new manager, telling him he can no longer select one of the team's better players.

b) the dressing room. Would the rest of the players just happily accept that and carry on? Particularly if you're still picking Willock, whose contract is also up at the same time...

Like I say, I get the principal, I just don't think it would work in practice.

Again it works in reverse. Your point I understood to be that you want Dickie and Dunne playing even if Balogun is a better player or on form deserves to be starting

If Willock isn’t playing the drop down in quality to who plays instead is massive so like I said comparison doesn’t work. It isn’t a credible negotiating tactic with him and obviously not something we would want to try

Conversation I would see Beale having with Dickie is telling him (whether he believes it or not) that he sees Balogun as a better player and the JCS and Dunne have more time on their contract to develop and then resell. I’d say we are worried we are on track for losing him for nothing so now we have an incentive to have him as 4th choice. But if he signs the contract then he’s pushed ahead of Balogun (regardless of form /ability as you’re asking). He can then compete in straight contest with Dunne and JCS and if it’s a back 3 he’s in

No new contract then back of the queue…

Anyway nothing more to add there from me. We just see it differently but I definitely share your belief in the importance of resale and that FFP constraints needs to be appreciated more than a lot of are fan base currently do

(Loved the Millwall match report by the way- excellent)
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 7:10]
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 07:16 - Sep 16 with 820 viewsNorthernr

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 07:02 - Sep 16 by Sakura

Again it works in reverse. Your point I understood to be that you want Dickie and Dunne playing even if Balogun is a better player or on form deserves to be starting

If Willock isn’t playing the drop down in quality to who plays instead is massive so like I said comparison doesn’t work. It isn’t a credible negotiating tactic with him and obviously not something we would want to try

Conversation I would see Beale having with Dickie is telling him (whether he believes it or not) that he sees Balogun as a better player and the JCS and Dunne have more time on their contract to develop and then resell. I’d say we are worried we are on track for losing him for nothing so now we have an incentive to have him as 4th choice. But if he signs the contract then he’s pushed ahead of Balogun (regardless of form /ability as you’re asking). He can then compete in straight contest with Dunne and JCS and if it’s a back 3 he’s in

No new contract then back of the queue…

Anyway nothing more to add there from me. We just see it differently but I definitely share your belief in the importance of resale and that FFP constraints needs to be appreciated more than a lot of are fan base currently do

(Loved the Millwall match report by the way- excellent)
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 7:10]

Yeh absolutely we agree on the problem, just mulling different solutions. Where I tear my hair out is when I hear "QPR's financial situation is no more difficult than any other team in the league" which is demonstrably untrue just by looking at one line of the accounts.

One point I was thinking about on the train home last night... As I've written a lot, QPR are obsessed with signings. Owners, club, manager, fans. We love making signings. It's always about signings. We're always "two or three short". Our recruitment has improved loads from where it was (Borysiuk, Ngbakoto, Sylla, Polter, Cousins etc) but there are still mistakes and money being wasted. Are we prioritising retainment enough? We lost Manning and Bright essentially because we had a £10k p/w wage ceiling and wouldn't go above it, and they'd reached it and could get way more than that elsewhere - but then within 18 months we're breaking that ceiling to get Austin and Johansen and others (albeit after a big sale, Eze). Now I wonder whether, once again, we've got contracts we'd love to renew but we can't go high enough to get them to agree. We made nine signings last summer, seven this, including spending money on people like Dozzell. Would that money not have been better spent on extending contracts of assets? That old saying about once is careless, twice is... If you were to lose Bright, Manning, Dickie and Willock, all different circumstances like you say, but essentially all come back to not being able to get them to extend contracts, that's about £40m worth of gear walking out the door.

Perhaps a note of optimism on Dickie, here's the signing piece...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rob-dickie-joins-qpr/

... where it reports "a four year deal". Now, basically every player we've signed under the Ferdinand/Hoos regime has had an extra year option on the club's side. So perhaps it's actually 2025. I'm aiming to get Les for the Patreon in the World Cup break so I'll see if I can find out...
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 08:57 - Sep 16 with 740 viewsstevec

A comment I regularly get from mostly top half Premier supporting mates is ‘when we’ve got so many of our young players on loan at EFL clubs how comes your lot are never in for them?’

They’ve heard me moaning about us up against yet another loanee every other week who’s doing a decent job, so they may have some substance to their question.

No doubt someone can throw the cost of loans at dissenters but then is spending £2m on Dykes and £1m on Bonne ever going to have any chance of getting us to financial salvation?

As brilliant as Willock and Chair were for 30 games last season and the start of this season, you absolutely know that consistently scoring goals from outside the area, and as a midfielder, is not a long term strategy to success.

Likewise nobody defended themselves into the Premier League, ask Preston.

Ultimately, the difference between £150 mill of TV money and £1.8 mill of monthly losses comes down largely to the ability of a CF who can put the ball in the net.

It’s a nice concept, but ‘game changing’ sales like Eze have happened at this club about once every twenty five years (Les, Rodney) and as we’ve witnessed it’s a strategy that only worked once, 50 years ago!
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 09:06 - Sep 16 with 738 viewsswitchingcode

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 07:16 - Sep 16 by Northernr

Yeh absolutely we agree on the problem, just mulling different solutions. Where I tear my hair out is when I hear "QPR's financial situation is no more difficult than any other team in the league" which is demonstrably untrue just by looking at one line of the accounts.

One point I was thinking about on the train home last night... As I've written a lot, QPR are obsessed with signings. Owners, club, manager, fans. We love making signings. It's always about signings. We're always "two or three short". Our recruitment has improved loads from where it was (Borysiuk, Ngbakoto, Sylla, Polter, Cousins etc) but there are still mistakes and money being wasted. Are we prioritising retainment enough? We lost Manning and Bright essentially because we had a £10k p/w wage ceiling and wouldn't go above it, and they'd reached it and could get way more than that elsewhere - but then within 18 months we're breaking that ceiling to get Austin and Johansen and others (albeit after a big sale, Eze). Now I wonder whether, once again, we've got contracts we'd love to renew but we can't go high enough to get them to agree. We made nine signings last summer, seven this, including spending money on people like Dozzell. Would that money not have been better spent on extending contracts of assets? That old saying about once is careless, twice is... If you were to lose Bright, Manning, Dickie and Willock, all different circumstances like you say, but essentially all come back to not being able to get them to extend contracts, that's about £40m worth of gear walking out the door.

Perhaps a note of optimism on Dickie, here's the signing piece...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rob-dickie-joins-qpr/

... where it reports "a four year deal". Now, basically every player we've signed under the Ferdinand/Hoos regime has had an extra year option on the club's side. So perhaps it's actually 2025. I'm aiming to get Les for the Patreon in the World Cup break so I'll see if I can find out...

Looking in the obvious area that needs stepping up is recruitment.With saleable assets like Chair and Willock there should be replacements lined up so they can be sold in the January window.It’s no fun seeing your best players sold off every season and owners get heavily criticised but it’s all about survival.Loan players are a waste of money imho unless they are covering for long term key injured players.The days of big money sales in the championship 20mill + seems to be a thing of the past apart from the relegated sides there was very few big deals this summer apart from Lewis potter and Spence.

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 09:45 - Sep 16 with 685 viewstraininvain

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 08:57 - Sep 16 by stevec

A comment I regularly get from mostly top half Premier supporting mates is ‘when we’ve got so many of our young players on loan at EFL clubs how comes your lot are never in for them?’

They’ve heard me moaning about us up against yet another loanee every other week who’s doing a decent job, so they may have some substance to their question.

No doubt someone can throw the cost of loans at dissenters but then is spending £2m on Dykes and £1m on Bonne ever going to have any chance of getting us to financial salvation?

As brilliant as Willock and Chair were for 30 games last season and the start of this season, you absolutely know that consistently scoring goals from outside the area, and as a midfielder, is not a long term strategy to success.

Ultimately, the difference between £150 mill of TV money and £1.8 mill of monthly losses comes down largely to the ability of a CF who can put the ball in the net.

It’s a nice concept, but ‘game changing’ sales like Eze have happened at this club about once every twenty five years (Les, Rodney) and as we’ve witnessed it’s a strategy that only worked once, 50 years ago!

We have several loan players and have done every season for as long as I can remember. Agree that we need to do better with signings but for every Dykes and Bonne there’s a Willock and Dickie.

Strikers are always going to be the trickiest to recruit in our situation as we’re working on a tight budget and it’s more difficult to find bargain strikers.

Surely it’s generally accepted that we need to get better at developing youth players, signings etc and flogging them for a decent profit. Not holding our hands in the air and saying big money disposals are a once every 25 year phenomena. Brentford have done it so why can’t we?

Switchcode makes a good point that to replicate the Brentford model we need to have the replacements for say Willock and Chair lined up ideally coming through the academy or signings from lower league clubs that are in and around the first team. That’s where I think we’re lacking at the moment, recruitment has improved but still needs improving.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 09:49 - Sep 16 with 672 viewsstevec

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 09:06 - Sep 16 by switchingcode

Looking in the obvious area that needs stepping up is recruitment.With saleable assets like Chair and Willock there should be replacements lined up so they can be sold in the January window.It’s no fun seeing your best players sold off every season and owners get heavily criticised but it’s all about survival.Loan players are a waste of money imho unless they are covering for long term key injured players.The days of big money sales in the championship 20mill + seems to be a thing of the past apart from the relegated sides there was very few big deals this summer apart from Lewis potter and Spence.

Your lot have made a success of that, so it is possible but Fulham have got promoted on loan players as have a couple of others. Yes they came straight back down but with money in the coffers, something we are continually short of and it enables them to punch above their previous weight in this Division.

Beale is doing something about this and we look a lot better for it. We need to stop this aversion to loan players.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 09:51 - Sep 16 with 672 viewsNorthernr

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 09:49 - Sep 16 by stevec

Your lot have made a success of that, so it is possible but Fulham have got promoted on loan players as have a couple of others. Yes they came straight back down but with money in the coffers, something we are continually short of and it enables them to punch above their previous weight in this Division.

Beale is doing something about this and we look a lot better for it. We need to stop this aversion to loan players.

What aversion? We had Gray, McCallum, Hendrick and Sanderson all here on loan last season, at hefty expense, to help us to our eleventh placed finish.

Austin, Johansen, Field, De Wijs the season before.

Matt Smith, Hugill, Wells, Mlakar 19/20

Cameron, Wells, Hemed 18/19

If we've got an aversion to loans we're hiding it well.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 10:08 - Sep 16 with 635 viewsswitchingcode

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 09:49 - Sep 16 by stevec

The point im making is our model does not include loan players unless a view to sign.We could ot afford to go the loan route like Fulham did so not an option.I would add that the selling club in the championship needs to be in the top 6 or about to get the better price something Clive posted a few years back.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 10:09 - Sep 16 with 634 viewsterryb

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 08:57 - Sep 16 by stevec

You missed out the double sale half way through those sales. Possibly the most controversial but productive sales we've ever made.

Allen & Goddard were sold for a combined £1.75 million in 1980 & that financed the creation of the Venables team.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 10:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024