Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin : The Poll 21:30 - Mar 17 with 15020 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin : The Poll

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:36 - Mar 20 with 1172 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 12:27 - Mar 20 by Whiterockin

My point is that a fans forum is not a true reflection of what fans think. Read this forum most of the posts say no but the pole is split. It's shows the posters posting are not necessarily the thoughts of the majority and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Neither is a bloke you spoke to though?

I really don’t know what you are getting at. You brought this “I spoke to an MK Dons fan and he think this…” thing up, not me. I just replied with other MK Dons fans I’ve seen give their opinion. The bloke you spoke to is no more worthy of an opinion than anyone else.

I’d say there is a fair split on here regarding Martin, the poll reflects that. You can see that whenever we win, people trawl the forum picking fights claiming he is the messiah and the doubters are some anti-fans with an agenda.

It wasn’t that long ago I was in a very small minority being told how negative I was. Now all the points I made back then are being made by half the users; because they are as true today as they were back then, nothing has changed.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 13:47]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:02 - Mar 20 with 1142 viewsunion_jack

Russell Martin : The Poll on 12:22 - Mar 20 by builthjack

He wouldn't come here. He is a scummer.

And the way his team spout venom every time they feel aggrieved with an opposition player, I wouldn’t want him here. Horrible piece of work.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:17 - Mar 20 with 1130 viewsjojaca

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:36 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

I really don’t know what you are getting at. You brought this “I spoke to an MK Dons fan and he think this…” thing up, not me. I just replied with other MK Dons fans I’ve seen give their opinion. The bloke you spoke to is no more worthy of an opinion than anyone else.

I’d say there is a fair split on here regarding Martin, the poll reflects that. You can see that whenever we win, people trawl the forum picking fights claiming he is the messiah and the doubters are some anti-fans with an agenda.

It wasn’t that long ago I was in a very small minority being told how negative I was. Now all the points I made back then are being made by half the users; because they are as true today as they were back then, nothing has changed.

Under our recent good managers that we had you could see the progression early doors and could see rainbows and unicorns were coming.

Unfortunately now with Russell after nearly 40 games, we are stale already. I've never felt like walking out game early while we were drawing like yesterday, I observed fans around me and the life was sucked out of us and it was no surprise to hear the booes at the end of the game. There needs to major uptick in entertainment value or Russell is going to knock a few thousand off the attendance.

Even when you know, you never know?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:37 - Mar 20 with 1093 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:17 - Mar 20 by jojaca

Under our recent good managers that we had you could see the progression early doors and could see rainbows and unicorns were coming.

Unfortunately now with Russell after nearly 40 games, we are stale already. I've never felt like walking out game early while we were drawing like yesterday, I observed fans around me and the life was sucked out of us and it was no surprise to hear the booes at the end of the game. There needs to major uptick in entertainment value or Russell is going to knock a few thousand off the attendance.

Indeed, something I said very early on was that a good manager with a style of play that makes sense will get a tune out of a squad pretty quickly. Especially when they have brought in essentially the whole starting XI, barring one or two superior legacy players that they wouldn’t want to replace anyway (Naughton and Grimes).

That was around the time Cooper took over bottom of the league Forest and people responded with “so you think it will only take a couple of games for Cooper to start winning then?”… this when people thought he would fail - my answer was a resounding “yep”, and they are now looking like one of the best sides in the league.

We are declining. This isn’t an issue of slow progression and people being impatient.

It’s a team going backwards after spending millions on it. The more time he has had to implement his ideas the worse we have got. That’s a red flag.

He comes across as extremely arrogant for a man that hasn’t had a single top half finish in his managerial career, it’s not a shock he falls out with so many people. You can see how prickly he gets as soon as someone questions his clearly flawed tactics.

In a single part-season have we ever had so many fall outs?

Assistant manager leaving. Pato refusing to play and a public exchange of words. He’s fallen out with both Obafemi and Piroe and dropped them both off the back of it.

He’s becoming very unlikable, the excuses and arrogance is something I find hard to stomach - in the same bracket as Garry Monk, but at least Monk was getting results for a while.

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:17 - Mar 20 with 1055 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:37 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed, something I said very early on was that a good manager with a style of play that makes sense will get a tune out of a squad pretty quickly. Especially when they have brought in essentially the whole starting XI, barring one or two superior legacy players that they wouldn’t want to replace anyway (Naughton and Grimes).

That was around the time Cooper took over bottom of the league Forest and people responded with “so you think it will only take a couple of games for Cooper to start winning then?”… this when people thought he would fail - my answer was a resounding “yep”, and they are now looking like one of the best sides in the league.

We are declining. This isn’t an issue of slow progression and people being impatient.

It’s a team going backwards after spending millions on it. The more time he has had to implement his ideas the worse we have got. That’s a red flag.

He comes across as extremely arrogant for a man that hasn’t had a single top half finish in his managerial career, it’s not a shock he falls out with so many people. You can see how prickly he gets as soon as someone questions his clearly flawed tactics.

In a single part-season have we ever had so many fall outs?

Assistant manager leaving. Pato refusing to play and a public exchange of words. He’s fallen out with both Obafemi and Piroe and dropped them both off the back of it.

He’s becoming very unlikable, the excuses and arrogance is something I find hard to stomach - in the same bracket as Garry Monk, but at least Monk was getting results for a while.

DrP.
I feel now the players should man up and see him out of the club. Players always have that power coupled with fan discontent. We should ally these now and get him out before more damage is done

We do not have to put up with this . Martin is a nonentity in the game .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:18 - Mar 20 with 1062 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:36 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

You read the post when I replied to Cat so you know he was not just a bloke but someone with accurate understanding of what was going on at MK in the background. It doesn't have much bearing on what is happening here but I was pointing out that the feeling of the people with the power at clubs often have a different " feel" about progress. I don't know if Martin will work out for us but I hope so because a lot if effort has been invested in him. One think I do know is he will be here for the next 6 months at least.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:42 - Mar 20 with 1037 viewsjojaca

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:18 - Mar 20 by Whiterockin

You read the post when I replied to Cat so you know he was not just a bloke but someone with accurate understanding of what was going on at MK in the background. It doesn't have much bearing on what is happening here but I was pointing out that the feeling of the people with the power at clubs often have a different " feel" about progress. I don't know if Martin will work out for us but I hope so because a lot if effort has been invested in him. One think I do know is he will be here for the next 6 months at least.

The first 2/3 months into next season after summer transfer window will be pivitol point for the board. They will know by then if their latest investment is a failure.

Even when you know, you never know?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:46 - Mar 20 with 1031 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:42 - Mar 20 by jojaca

The first 2/3 months into next season after summer transfer window will be pivitol point for the board. They will know by then if their latest investment is a failure.

This is 100% correct and if no progress is made at this time the plug will then be pulled. I really hope it doesn't come to this.
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin : The Poll on 16:11 - Mar 20 with 1002 viewsDJack

Probably only your second post ever that i've agreed with but it's bang on the money.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Russell Martin : The Poll on 16:23 - Mar 20 with 988 viewsKeithHaynes

Or indeed a success 😉 However, wise words.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 16:38 - Mar 20 with 962 viewsmagicdaps10

This.

The only trouble, what will the expectations be with fans? solid mid table atleast and he will be safe with the powers that be.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:16 - Mar 20 with 868 viewsReslovenSwan1

Arrogance and fall outs with non performers is something I quite like to see.

Fans were demanding to see more of Whittaker but he has flopped so far in a level below the championship. Neither Cooper nor Martin selected him, He has a lot of work to do.

Apparent fall outs with Obafemi and Piroe do not seemed to have harmed them. Quite the reverse actually. Both have seen Martyn "galvanise" them into the best form of either of their careers. They have had their stuttering careers "kick started" by Martin. Both were at level above and serial under performers. Perhaps some over due "home truths" for players doubting their own hype?.

Martin has to deliver. If he does not next season the next step is the inclusion of "assistance" for him to help him adapt to the Championship. Leicester today won having played in France last week not Peterborough. The assistant manager position choice could make or break Martin. This choice will give Mr Allen an influence on the direction of travel and fresh eyes on the shortcoming of Martin ball. Adaptation is the key and if Martin does not accept the need to adapt he will be given his cards.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 19:19]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:19 - Mar 20 with 857 viewsQJumpingJack

If we beat Cardiff in early April - Martin becomes the first manager to complete the double which will give him 4-6 months grace.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:24 - Mar 20 with 849 viewsCatullus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 16:38 - Mar 20 by magicdaps10

This.

The only trouble, what will the expectations be with fans? solid mid table atleast and he will be safe with the powers that be.

What will the expectations be if the board decide to sell Downes? Then what about Piroe?

Unless we refuse to sell and keep our best players then there will be no improvement unless the scouts can perform consistent miracles. If Leeds do make an acceptable offer for Downes how much will we reinvest?

This is why giving Martin another window is maybe false hope. He still needs X amount of players but if we sell it could be X+1, X+2 or even more.

Instead of giving more and more time Martin needs to learn to get the best out of his current squad because we are always liable to sell.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russell Martin : The Poll on 20:41 - Mar 20 with 789 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:24 - Mar 20 by Catullus

What will the expectations be if the board decide to sell Downes? Then what about Piroe?

Unless we refuse to sell and keep our best players then there will be no improvement unless the scouts can perform consistent miracles. If Leeds do make an acceptable offer for Downes how much will we reinvest?

This is why giving Martin another window is maybe false hope. He still needs X amount of players but if we sell it could be X+1, X+2 or even more.

Instead of giving more and more time Martin needs to learn to get the best out of his current squad because we are always liable to sell.

LOOK.
Martin cannot and will never get the players he wants to play as he wants-whatever that is.

At our level it is about maximising what you have and he does not.

We cannot keep good players and every season are stuck with those who we cant flog ,like Grimes and Nuaghton These then go on to be "great players".They are not.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:02 - Mar 20 with 767 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:18 - Mar 20 by Whiterockin

Again I have no idea what you are talking about. Are you saying the people who post on the MK Dons and travel home and away regularly don’t have an accurate understanding of their own club? Put it this way, I think you would get far more sense speaking to some on here than a Leigh Dineen figure.

Whether this mystery man was privy to some information behind he scenes makes absolutely no difference at all. His opinion on how he felt Martin did is no more worthwhile than anyone elses, as much as you clearly would like it to be worth more.

How he did is obvious, it’s documented fact. How the fans felt about it is documented fact, as well as common sense. What you are saying is not everyone disliked him, something I also noted in my response to you.

You don’t “know” he will be here for 6 months at all. This is football.

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:07 - Mar 20 with 758 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:24 - Mar 20 by Catullus

Is the right answer.

Football clubs are always rebuilding from the season before. The good managers do it quickly and efficiently. The bad ones are always chasing their tail and always in a never ending state of rebuilding as by the time they get to grips with what they lost last season, it’s already next season and the rebuilding starts again.

Martin has now been a football manager for 3 years, each of them he has been using the excuse of “I need more time, we are building”.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time.

I’m not fooled.

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:09 - Mar 20 with 762 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:02 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Again I have no idea what you are talking about. Are you saying the people who post on the MK Dons and travel home and away regularly don’t have an accurate understanding of their own club? Put it this way, I think you would get far more sense speaking to some on here than a Leigh Dineen figure.

Whether this mystery man was privy to some information behind he scenes makes absolutely no difference at all. His opinion on how he felt Martin did is no more worthwhile than anyone elses, as much as you clearly would like it to be worth more.

How he did is obvious, it’s documented fact. How the fans felt about it is documented fact, as well as common sense. What you are saying is not everyone disliked him, something I also noted in my response to you.

Bookmark it and circle in red if necessary.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:09 - Mar 20 with 761 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin : The Poll on 20:41 - Mar 20 by onehunglow

LOOK.
Martin cannot and will never get the players he wants to play as he wants-whatever that is.

At our level it is about maximising what you have and he does not.

We cannot keep good players and every season are stuck with those who we cant flog ,like Grimes and Nuaghton These then go on to be "great players".They are not.

Martin has been given a contract and a mandate to play like Liverpool played this evening. Swansea play poor half speed version of it at the moment due to a lack of practice possible lack of proper coaching and an unsuitable player pool according to Martin.

He will be given his head whether you like it or not. He will either succeed or fail. I see him doing a similar thing to Cooper and walk after 2 seasons if the management lose confidence in him which happened to Cooper.

Martin did not complain about the lack of January signings knowing money would become available in the Summer. Martin was interested in players in the £1.5m mark. Players like Darling and O'Reilly. £6 or £7m for Downes would help in this.

At that point Martin will need to produce a high tempo passing team with good energy and accuracy. If he fails the club will parachute in assistance such as Leon Britton who has seen it all and knows all about moving the ball smoothly with intensity.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:15 - Mar 20 with 748 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:09 - Mar 20 by Whiterockin

Bookmark it and circle in red if necessary.

I don’t need to.

You may well be right with your guess, but a guess is all it is.

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:20 - Mar 20 with 737 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:09 - Mar 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin has been given a contract and a mandate to play like Liverpool played this evening. Swansea play poor half speed version of it at the moment due to a lack of practice possible lack of proper coaching and an unsuitable player pool according to Martin.

He will be given his head whether you like it or not. He will either succeed or fail. I see him doing a similar thing to Cooper and walk after 2 seasons if the management lose confidence in him which happened to Cooper.

Martin did not complain about the lack of January signings knowing money would become available in the Summer. Martin was interested in players in the £1.5m mark. Players like Darling and O'Reilly. £6 or £7m for Downes would help in this.

At that point Martin will need to produce a high tempo passing team with good energy and accuracy. If he fails the club will parachute in assistance such as Leon Britton who has seen it all and knows all about moving the ball smoothly with intensity.

1) Most of this starting XI was brought in by him, if it’s an unsuitable player pool - why does he keep bringing in unsuitable players?

2) If he has been given the remit to play like Liverpool why are we not remotely playing anything like them? It’s not a slow version, it’s nothing remotely similar. They play full backs and wingers which usually compliments a possession game - we don’t.

3) Martin didn’t complain about January because he had already spent £5m and brought in a dozen players.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:22]

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:37 - Mar 20 with 722 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:15 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t need to.

You may well be right with your guess, but a guess is all it is.

Hedging your bets again.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:40 - Mar 20 with 720 viewsnantywatcher

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:20 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

1) Most of this starting XI was brought in by him, if it’s an unsuitable player pool - why does he keep bringing in unsuitable players?

2) If he has been given the remit to play like Liverpool why are we not remotely playing anything like them? It’s not a slow version, it’s nothing remotely similar. They play full backs and wingers which usually compliments a possession game - we don’t.

3) Martin didn’t complain about January because he had already spent £5m and brought in a dozen players.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:22]

By rights nothing in this life lasts forever, but no way can I ever, ever see Martin transferring into even a half decent manager, I cannot even imagine him still being involved in football in five years time. He has no understanding of the game, he is nigh on useless tactically, his judgement about player's abilities and potential is almost laughable. You would have to be an idiot to trust his judgement over transfer matters...whoa hold on Mr Winter has just walked in the room!
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:43]
Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:41 - Mar 20 with 717 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:37 - Mar 20 by Whiterockin

Hedging your bets again.

It wasn’t my prediction, it was yours.

I was just making the point that you do not “know” what you claim, you are guessing. I have no opinions on if you will be correct in your guess or not. It’s of no particular interest to me.

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:46 - Mar 20 with 711 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:40 - Mar 20 by nantywatcher

By rights nothing in this life lasts forever, but no way can I ever, ever see Martin transferring into even a half decent manager, I cannot even imagine him still being involved in football in five years time. He has no understanding of the game, he is nigh on useless tactically, his judgement about player's abilities and potential is almost laughable. You would have to be an idiot to trust his judgement over transfer matters...whoa hold on Mr Winter has just walked in the room!
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:43]

There are a few MK Dons fans who said similar.

Said he and Williams will both end up as coaches or assistants rather than managers, which is something I certainly see with his lack of tactical awareness. I do wonder if that lack of knowledge is a prime mover behind his insistence to stick to a style he is comfortable with regardless of the fact it’s never actually worked for him anywhere he’s implemented it.

Sometimes failure in comfort is more appealing than taking a risk and failing in discomfort. He’s sticking with what he knows with no room or desire to learn why it isn’t working.

So unless his ego allows him to drop down the leagues, you may well be right. He owns two companies outside of football (and have been told he has some dealings with Martin Morgan), so football management may be a career path that is short lived for him.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:48]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024