Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin : The Poll 21:30 - Mar 17 with 15017 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin : The Poll

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 08:41 - Mar 19 with 1320 views73__73

Russell Martin : The Poll on 09:12 - Mar 18 by felixstowe_jack

Just about yes will give him to the end of season just wish he would learn from the mistakes we keep making. There is no harm in our defenders just clearing the ball when under pressure instead of trying suicide passes in our area. Another one in the Peterborough game.

Tell me, what would be the point of giving him only to the end of the season ?
He’s doing a decent job, yes there can be improvements but overall I’m happy with RM

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Russell Martin : The Poll on 10:23 - Mar 19 with 1260 viewsCatullus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 23:22 - Mar 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Same logic as us employing him. We didn’t do it because of his success at Mk Dons, he didn’t have any.

We employed him because of his possession stats.

But I agree, to be employed by a team in the Premier League, you need far more than that on your CV.

I just simply think it’s all he knows and is married to a style he doesn’t really understand.

I think he understands his style, what he doesn't understand is his squad or that to get the best out of it he needs to adjust his style.

It's his point blank refusal to accept his style needs adjusting that worries me.

If Naughtons' pass (v Peterborough) isn't enough evidence, along with all the other stupid goals we conceded, then what will be?

I haven't voted. I'm not on the fence but there isn't an answer in the poll for me. There is still time for Martin to have this team winning but only if he learns. He cannot rely on getting the quality players we need because we don't have the money. The point has to come where he learns or he will fail.
I honestly believe this squad is good enough to be higher up the table but I can hardly call for Martin to be sacked because

a/ who would we look to instead,
b/ he could still learn, he could realise that his single minded approach isn't working.

AND

c/ we know they won''t sack him anyway. Better to keep supporting the team, inside the stadium anyway, and keep the complaints for on here.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russell Martin : The Poll on 10:25 - Mar 19 with 1259 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin : The Poll on 02:39 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

But someone may take a punt on him in the Championship.

Brentford if they come down for example may look at our possession stats and think it’s a road they may want to go down and think the only thing holding him back here was quality of player, which they have a better grade of…

But I think that’s a pattern you will find at every club he goes to. He will say he needs more and better players. The system is beyond question for him.

No doubt if we then employed a manager that can play a possession style but to a more effective and sensible way, he will then say “Swansea are reaping the rewards of my time there”, like he did when MK Dons improved dramatically the second he left.

I was chatting with a MK fan out here yesterday and he can't speak highly enough of Martin. He said that he had a massive job there rebuilding the club from top to bottom but was and was poached before the job was completed. He split opinion there as he has done her. I am not interested in getting into a discussion about this as it has been done to death, I'm just posting what I was told by someone who seemed to know a lot about behind the scenes at MK.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 10:34 - Mar 19 with 1251 viewsCatullus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 10:25 - Mar 19 by Whiterockin

I was chatting with a MK fan out here yesterday and he can't speak highly enough of Martin. He said that he had a massive job there rebuilding the club from top to bottom but was and was poached before the job was completed. He split opinion there as he has done her. I am not interested in getting into a discussion about this as it has been done to death, I'm just posting what I was told by someone who seemed to know a lot about behind the scenes at MK.

It's always easy to judge I guess but, a lot harder if you don't know the whole story.

I'm trying not to judge martin on his MK days but purely by what he's doing here. As I have said more than once, his lack of experience doesn't bother me given Martinez, Rodgers, Monk...giving people a chance is what we've been good at. How do you get experience without a chance. My big thing is, you have to learn your lessons along the way.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russell Martin : The Poll on 10:51 - Mar 19 with 1239 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin : The Poll on 10:34 - Mar 19 by Catullus

It's always easy to judge I guess but, a lot harder if you don't know the whole story.

I'm trying not to judge martin on his MK days but purely by what he's doing here. As I have said more than once, his lack of experience doesn't bother me given Martinez, Rodgers, Monk...giving people a chance is what we've been good at. How do you get experience without a chance. My big thing is, you have to learn your lessons along the way.

Agreed, I would have liked to see more consistency but we don't know what is happening behind the scenes. The guy I was talking to was a senior partner in a legal firm with close connections. He told me nothing personal obviously just gave me a massive insight to behind the scenes.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 12:08 - Mar 19 with 1208 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sorry, it is no from me.
Managers that handicap their team effort by continuously playing players out of position and especially on the "wrong foot" after 30+ games is not likely to change.
Also playing "favourite" players who obviously are not as players on the bench or not even on the bench is another sign of intransigence.
Also not adjusting the team formation to counter known opponents players and tactics is bad preparation.
Continuing to do so during the game just makes it worse.
I could add not sorting out poor defensive tactics as well.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 12:56 - Mar 19 with 1182 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 12:08 - Mar 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry, it is no from me.
Managers that handicap their team effort by continuously playing players out of position and especially on the "wrong foot" after 30+ games is not likely to change.
Also playing "favourite" players who obviously are not as players on the bench or not even on the bench is another sign of intransigence.
Also not adjusting the team formation to counter known opponents players and tactics is bad preparation.
Continuing to do so during the game just makes it worse.
I could add not sorting out poor defensive tactics as well.

Being brave to bench Grimes and Fisher would be a positive sign .

Why not select Burns as centre half seeing Russ wanted a window to get the players in he wanted to play his way .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:34 - Mar 19 with 1154 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rebuilding? They just got promoted.

You just have to go on their forum to see what they thought of him and how tired they were of his excuses.

But like most managers, they will have some that like him.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:51 - Mar 19 with 1135 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Sky Sports interviewed the MK Dons manager a few minutes ago.

When the reporter asked about if the club have changed anything since Russell Martin's departure, the new manager immediately discussed how they have since added more purpose to their possession (plus a few other digs).

Even the panel, even Paul Merson then started criticising Russell Martin and his "style".

It's refreshing to see the media begin to judge him objectively and not simply on statistics.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:54 - Mar 19 with 1133 viewsReslovenSwan1

Martin will given another 9 months to establish his game style. The hierarchy will be expecting top 6 next season without a doubt. In December 2022 if Martin is demanding another injection of players in January questions will need to be asked by Mr Allen HoF.

All excuses will be gone and the inconsistencies cannot be written off as the consequence of interrupted preparations and unsuitable player roster.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:02 - Mar 19 with 1121 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:51 - Mar 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Sky Sports interviewed the MK Dons manager a few minutes ago.

When the reporter asked about if the club have changed anything since Russell Martin's departure, the new manager immediately discussed how they have since added more purpose to their possession (plus a few other digs).

Even the panel, even Paul Merson then started criticising Russell Martin and his "style".

It's refreshing to see the media begin to judge him objectively and not simply on statistics.

Under Martin they had the third highest possession % in Europe, at 64%. Just ridiculous really considering the style doesn’t really allow you to do anything with it.

Under the new manager they are at 57% and their pass count is WAY down.

2000 less completed passes and 2400 less attempted passes at the same point this year compared to last. Yet their shots on target have gone up by around 50.

Less focus on possession and pass count and a more direct approach, the exact same changes to the style many of us have been calling for.

As a result they have gone from a bottom half team, to 3rd.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:16 - Mar 19 with 1116 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:02 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Under Martin they had the third highest possession % in Europe, at 64%. Just ridiculous really considering the style doesn’t really allow you to do anything with it.

Under the new manager they are at 57% and their pass count is WAY down.

2000 less completed passes and 2400 less attempted passes at the same point this year compared to last. Yet their shots on target have gone up by around 50.

Less focus on possession and pass count and a more direct approach, the exact same changes to the style many of us have been calling for.

As a result they have gone from a bottom half team, to 3rd.

I genuinely believe he'll be out of this profession within the next five years.

He'll likely be able to talk another League 2 or League 1 chairman into offering him a contract when referencing possession statistics.

This isn't the case of him trying something new for 6 months. It's been his one and only direction since he stated coaching and he continues to, at least publicly, refuse to acknowledge that the issues we are week in and weeek out are a result of his direction.

I just hope he doesn't weaken the squad further before he's eventually relieved of his future.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 16:16 - Mar 19 with 1083 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:16 - Mar 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I genuinely believe he'll be out of this profession within the next five years.

He'll likely be able to talk another League 2 or League 1 chairman into offering him a contract when referencing possession statistics.

This isn't the case of him trying something new for 6 months. It's been his one and only direction since he stated coaching and he continues to, at least publicly, refuse to acknowledge that the issues we are week in and weeek out are a result of his direction.

I just hope he doesn't weaken the squad further before he's eventually relieved of his future.

Will his fans follow HIM though in hi new career.

Russell Martin : The Poll on 17:35 - Mar 19 with 1028 viewsHeadmaster

No thank you. I've seen enough now.

Try for Diego Martinez or someone who plays possession with a purpose. And someone who can actually coach a defence. There must be better out there.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 17:36 - Mar 19 with 1025 viewsKeithHaynes

Come on Jacks let’s get up to a hundred, a few to go.
Sitting on your hands doesn’t represent your feelings.,

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 17:56 - Mar 19 with 1004 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 17:36 - Mar 19 by KeithHaynes

Come on Jacks let’s get up to a hundred, a few to go.
Sitting on your hands doesn’t represent your feelings.,

If I let rip,people get beastly with me.
It aint my fault we have Martin as coach and Grimed as captain and Fisher at Keeper.

Fisher makes Woodman look George Cross material.

How people are not accepting the obvious is probably worse

We have to find ways of getting this clown out of our club

Russell Martin : The Poll on 17:59 - Mar 19 with 1003 viewsangryjack

Russell Martin : The Poll on 17:56 - Mar 19 by onehunglow

If I let rip,people get beastly with me.
It aint my fault we have Martin as coach and Grimed as captain and Fisher at Keeper.

Fisher makes Woodman look George Cross material.

How people are not accepting the obvious is probably worse

We have to find ways of getting this clown out of our club

Martin is a rw@t
Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:02 - Mar 19 with 995 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 17:59 - Mar 19 by angryjack

Martin is a rw@t

I knew he was a wrong un first time I clapped eyes on him.Right side parted and too many gleaming teeth.

He should stick to his other businesses and leave us alone.

EAT MORE MEAT
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 18:03]

Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:14 - Mar 19 with 986 viewsshingle

Must have been a family member, because that is certainly not the impression one gets when you see what the majority of there fans are saying on the MK forums.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:19 - Mar 19 with 979 viewsDJack

Russell Martin : The Poll on 10:34 - Mar 19 by Catullus

THIS!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:30 - Mar 19 with 962 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I wonder if you run the poll again after the horror show you would get the same result?
Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:31 - Mar 19 with 960 viewsAndyCole

Encouraging to see the slow of thinking laggards have now caught up.

Martin needs to get real, listen to the proper fans and play more winning, effective efficient Cooperball than this most embarrassing of losing brands: brand Martinball.

Maybe now the laggards can see this 'transition' is all about Martin's transition on Martin's self-centred journey.

Meanwhile - WE have regressed, massively, including some our hard of thinking passive followers that continue to post meaningless waffle on-brand.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:36 - Mar 19 with 956 viewsAndyCole

Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:30 - Mar 19 by A_Fans_Dad

I wonder if you run the poll again after the horror show you would get the same result?

Good point.

An ongoing objective measurement framework would cut through all the hard of thinking nonsense blurted by the shallow WUMS like STID, Daps, Winstone et al.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:48 - Mar 19 with 928 viewsTreforys_Jack

Astonished there are currently 36 people backing RM.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:49 - Mar 19 with 922 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:36 - Mar 19 by AndyCole

Good point.

An ongoing objective measurement framework would cut through all the hard of thinking nonsense blurted by the shallow WUMS like STID, Daps, Winstone et al.

AC
I think the majority would want him gone TONIGHT

Onhere ,it' s a matter of saving forum face and appearing to be a super loyal fan,the ones who go to all the home games and travel around and get hammered and preach how loyal they are.

Loyalty should be to our club NOT MARTIN and we should all be ramping up the pressure to see him go.If not, Piroe will be certain to go,for one ,but we'll be left with the dregs that Martin seems to love.

We have a tragi comic goalkeeper and it all starts from there.

Burns looked solid enough and a proper centre half. He got binned. Naughton looked quite lively and actually went forward so why play him centre half.He can still do a job at right back,his best position.

I do not believe anyone has real faith in Martin.

Nobody

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024