Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If form continues.... 13:39 - Feb 20 with 4972 viewsleebracey

Any preferences. Daniel Farke, Mark Hughes, Neil Lennon, Graeme Jones?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 13:43]
If form continues.... on 20:25 - Feb 20 with 873 viewsJack11

I’d take Tatey next. He’d take the job in a heartbeat. He’s got no experience but he’s a gamble worth taking. Played under good managers here, having success as part of cooper’s coaching team. He gets us, he’s passionate about the club and the city. I’d love to see him given a shot at it.
If form continues.... on 20:36 - Feb 20 with 853 viewsQJumpingJack

Cameron Toshack with Gary Richards?
If form continues.... on 20:49 - Feb 20 with 826 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If form continues.... on 19:54 - Feb 20 by raynor94

This is you pompous arse, you knew quite well the point he was making, concerning Huddersfield

Yes it is thank you.
I have no idea what he meant because there was no context, he wasn't suggesting we get their manager to come and do it for us.
He seems to assume against all the evidence that Martin can do what their manager did with their club.

It dosen't take much for the happy clappers clique to resort to abuse does it.
If form continues.... on 21:39 - Feb 20 with 778 viewsCatullus

If form continues.... on 18:42 - Feb 20 by jasper_T

I don't think we can afford the squad he needs to play this brand of football successfully. Players with a technical level above what we have, who are also fitter than the opposition, aren't moving to bottom half Championship sides often. When they do it isn't cheap.

Scouting team has their work cut out.

I have suggested a few times that we wont be getting the players he wants on our budget, I said maybe if he had 30 million to spend!

Our current owners are never going to spend that much in time for Martin to have the team he wants. They pulled the plug on a 1.2 million deal as we couldn't afford it.

It leaves me with the conclusion Martin has to change his ideas or we are on a road to disappointment.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If form continues.... on 21:45 - Feb 20 with 773 viewsPawelAbbott

If form continues.... on 16:01 - Feb 20 by magicdaps10

You are over reacting to epic proportions.

You are not alone but there seems a few fans who are full of unfounded expectancy and entitlement that I feel has set in over the last 15 years or so.

Some think we have a squad far better than it actually is.

After the game on Saturday, Heckingbottom said that Swansea give you chances that other teams don't. Surely, anyone can read that as Swansea are tactically naive/ suicidal. That's all down to the style of play enforced by Martin. The team is a decent mid-table and above side. Martin coaches them into the lower half.
If form continues.... on 22:01 - Feb 20 with 745 viewsReslovenSwan1

If form continues.... on 21:45 - Feb 20 by PawelAbbott

After the game on Saturday, Heckingbottom said that Swansea give you chances that other teams don't. Surely, anyone can read that as Swansea are tactically naive/ suicidal. That's all down to the style of play enforced by Martin. The team is a decent mid-table and above side. Martin coaches them into the lower half.

Mr Allen is head of football. If the game plan is suicidal and continues to fail it is his job to demand changes. His job is as much at stake as Martin's so he has to see progress and determine if the failing are down to poor unsuitable players or Martins methods.

Leon Britton former Advisor the chairman saw the Martinez and Brendan teams and a few rough defeats and can give his view on why the plan is not working at the moment. Is it simply growing pains or structural deficiencies.

Heckingbottom's comments can be taken into account but his record at Leeds and Banlety is pretty awful.

Wise sage since Toshack era

If form continues.... on 22:24 - Feb 20 with 724 viewsDewi1jack

If form continues.... on 17:41 - Feb 20 by pencoedjack

If Neil Lennon ever managed us I’d have a sabbatical till he left.

Aye.
Hughes/lennon

May as well go back to Brad Bobbley in charge
Hopefully all 3 turn down the Swansea job when it comes up again

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

If form continues.... on 22:45 - Feb 20 with 713 viewsDr_Parnassus

What I find strange is that people think we will be learning (still?!) at game 46 but will be ready to go by game 47. It’s just nonsense really isn’t it.

If you look at his last job, he was there for two seasons and he was still saying they were learning. The second he leaves they now find themselves 3rd and he reckons they were magically ready when he left.

We are going into March now and are declining in every single department. Can anyone tell me what these fantasy good signs are that people are supposedly seeing?

We are worse than ever under him
The personnel fall outs are as high as I can ever remember with a manager
We look worse in attack
We look worse in defence
The style of play makes no sense and opposition managers know it

I will post it again… what are the signs?

First 16 games:-

23 points.... (1.43 points per game)
18 conceded.... (1.13 conceded per game)
20 scored.... (1.25 scored per game)

Following 15 games:-

15 points.... (1.0 points per game)
25 conceded.... (1.66 conceded per game)
12 scored.... (0.8 scored per game)

Bournemouth next...

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

If form continues.... on 22:53 - Feb 20 with 702 viewsbuilthjack

Martin aint going anywhere.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If form continues.... on 23:01 - Feb 20 with 692 viewsDr_Parnassus

If form continues.... on 22:53 - Feb 20 by builthjack

Martin aint going anywhere.

That’s not strictly true.

There will come a point where if form continues then he will have to be sacked. Although it depends what you constitute “form”.

He certainly doesn’t have a free pass for life, and if he does then we as supporters should be extremely concerned at that and explore the motivations to ensure they aren’t for non footballing reasons.

A point a game will not be good enough for us, certainly not with the money we have spent. If that continues then I believe he will be sacked. If not this season then by Xmas next. I don’t think it will take too much more of this kind of stuff next season for the Americans to vote to protect their investment.

There is growing discontent among the fan base, the booing and self deprecating chanting in the last match shows that. Once that starts then the writing is usually on the wall if nothing improves.

If form continues.... on 23:10 - Feb 20 with 681 viewsbuilthjack

The game before, the fans stayed in the ground for 15 minutes after the final whistle chanting his name. As they will after the next good result.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If form continues.... on 23:17 - Feb 20 with 677 viewsQJumpingJack

In the very short term we need a strong performance on Tuesday night.
Bournemouth are one of the stronger teams and it would be no surprise if they win the game. The team just need to show fight if/when we go a goal down and not collapse (a la Stoke and Sheff U)
If form continues.... on 23:17 - Feb 20 with 676 viewsDr_Parnassus

If form continues.... on 23:10 - Feb 20 by builthjack

The game before, the fans stayed in the ground for 15 minutes after the final whistle chanting his name. As they will after the next good result.

Some fans maybe. That’s football.

You ask everyone coming out of the Liberty if they are happy with the managers performance this season I think it’s fairly obvious you would get more people being unhappy with being 17th and 18th and smashed every other week than being happy with it.

After a win you may get slightly more people saying “yes” in some belief that they may just have watched a turning point in our season or some other fan coined phrase.

But the reality is this isn’t good enough and the fan base know it. Hence the chants of “we’re fkin sh*t!” and ironic cheers when we have a shot at the last game, from fans that travel all over the country to watch us.

If form continues.... on 23:51 - Feb 20 with 656 viewsSwaneeRiver

If form continues.... on 23:10 - Feb 20 by builthjack

True. Hopefully will see this again on Tuesday
The majority of fans are still behind the team.
They may get frustrated at the tactics ( and of course results such as the last three away games don't help), but they are a little way yet from calling for Martin to resign.
A change in formation and approach would be welcome, but not sure if Martin is for turning ?
If form continues.... on 00:39 - Feb 21 with 640 viewssw02sea

If form continues.... on 23:51 - Feb 20 by SwaneeRiver

True. Hopefully will see this again on Tuesday
The majority of fans are still behind the team.
They may get frustrated at the tactics ( and of course results such as the last three away games don't help), but they are a little way yet from calling for Martin to resign.
A change in formation and approach would be welcome, but not sure if Martin is for turning ?

Then God help us, every man and his dog can see it’s a flawed project, bar him. And he ain’t listening to anyone, as was the case at MK Dons.
And the best he could do after 2 seasons of transfer windows there, was 13th
Never mind we are bang on target for his first season at a new club…19th
If form continues.... on 08:02 - Feb 21 with 592 viewsSwaneeRiver

If form continues.... on 00:39 - Feb 21 by sw02sea

Then God help us, every man and his dog can see it’s a flawed project, bar him. And he ain’t listening to anyone, as was the case at MK Dons.
And the best he could do after 2 seasons of transfer windows there, was 13th
Never mind we are bang on target for his first season at a new club…19th

I can't disagree with you there.
I can only say that all will be good in the end.
And if it is not good, then it is not the end ...
At least in Martin's view anyway
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024