Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If form continues.... 13:39 - Feb 20 with 4973 viewsleebracey

Any preferences. Daniel Farke, Mark Hughes, Neil Lennon, Graeme Jones?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 13:43]
If form continues.... on 16:54 - Feb 20 with 959 viewsmahoss

If form continues.... on 16:30 - Feb 20 by A_Fans_Dad

What makes you think it would be any better next season?
Unless the club is prepeared to replace half the squad in the summer this so called system will never work with the players we can afford.
Why anyone thinks it is a desirable system the way Martin uses it is beyond me.

We already have replaced half the squad.
Martin has brought quite a few players in and it’s clearly not working.
The board are in a tricky position,do they stick with him until next season,give him the 5 or 6 players he wants ,hoping that it comes right next year ?
Or do they make a decision before the end of this season and bring somebody else in ?
Next 6 games are crucial i think, the pressure will build if form doesn’t improve.
If form continues.... on 16:55 - Feb 20 with 943 viewsonehunglow

If form continues.... on 16:54 - Feb 20 by mahoss

We already have replaced half the squad.
Martin has brought quite a few players in and it’s clearly not working.
The board are in a tricky position,do they stick with him until next season,give him the 5 or 6 players he wants ,hoping that it comes right next year ?
Or do they make a decision before the end of this season and bring somebody else in ?
Next 6 games are crucial i think, the pressure will build if form doesn’t improve.

Fisher was his first.

Another 6!

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

If form continues.... on 17:07 - Feb 20 with 928 viewsCatullus

If form continues.... on 16:42 - Feb 20 by magicdaps10

So that's it then, it won't work next season.

Let's look back 12 months ans see Huddersfield Town and let's look at them today.

We are not going to go down and we need to understand that Martin will be in charge come the 1st game of next season, we need to understand what this season was all about, we need to now realise what these remaining games are now all about.

Martin hasn't covered himself in glory but there have been signs.

There have been signs, there have been times when we have been very good but as Martin himself points out, there is a gap between us at our best and worst that is far too big.

We need several new players before we get near where we need to be. We may never get those players but lets assume we will, we still need Martin to learn, to be pragmatic about tactics and selection and not send a team out to get thrashed. Until we have the players to be what Martin desires, we need to be the best we can be with the current squad.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If form continues.... on 17:15 - Feb 20 with 914 viewsReslovenSwan1

Derby County avoided relegation last season with a meagre 44 points. There was a big gap to the next team up on 49.

Should be a doddle. The next 18 games are about development.. Swansea can at least perform reasonably at home. Bringing in a 18 year old centre back is playing for tomorrow not today, All the young prospects are out on loan. Only Joseph in the first team.

The US owners with Martin on board have stripped the squad to the bone to break even this season. "Making the playing squad sweat". Expect to see Fulton and Dhanda feature.

Wise sage since Toshack era

If form continues.... on 17:17 - Feb 20 with 914 viewsSwaneeRiver

Great Post.
Even Tosh, with all the brilliant players in his squad, would pick players and formations that he felt suited the tactics needed to beat the opposition on the day.
The one size fits all strategy of Martin needs reviewing, especially when he still doesn't have all the players he needs
If form continues.... on 17:29 - Feb 20 with 900 viewsraynor94

If form continues.... on 16:55 - Feb 20 by onehunglow

Fisher was his first.

Another 6!

Martin is going nowhere, so stock up on your blood pressure tablets

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

If form continues.... on 17:41 - Feb 20 with 889 viewspencoedjack

If Neil Lennon ever managed us I’d have a sabbatical till he left.
If form continues.... on 17:42 - Feb 20 with 888 viewsmagicdaps10

If form continues.... on 17:29 - Feb 20 by raynor94

Martin is going nowhere, so stock up on your blood pressure tablets

🤣🤣

It Amazes me how people get so excited after defeats, maybe it's just me but I just don't get that excited about it anymore, think some fans need to understand where we are as a club and we are no longer that club we have known over the last 15 years, nothing is forever and football is a cycle.

Doesn't stop us from wanting more or even better but we need to be realistic and u derstanding in such things.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

If form continues.... on 18:04 - Feb 20 with 859 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If form continues.... on 17:42 - Feb 20 by magicdaps10

🤣🤣

It Amazes me how people get so excited after defeats, maybe it's just me but I just don't get that excited about it anymore, think some fans need to understand where we are as a club and we are no longer that club we have known over the last 15 years, nothing is forever and football is a cycle.

Doesn't stop us from wanting more or even better but we need to be realistic and u derstanding in such things.

But we also need to stop making excuses.
If form continues.... on 18:15 - Feb 20 with 854 viewstrampie

Could Swans tempt Osian Roberts from being assistant manager at Palace to coming here.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

If form continues.... on 18:28 - Feb 20 with 840 viewsReslovenSwan1

If form continues.... on 17:41 - Feb 20 by pencoedjack

Some fans have tribal ecclesiastical issues to consider. The English monarch became head of the Church probably around Henry the VIII time although I no expert. 600 years ago or so.

Swansea City is increasingly owned by people of the Hebrew faith as I understand it and the Trust have ensured that at least 5% will remain primarily Protestant for an undefined period. Swansea have an number of Catholic players and possibly a Muslim/Hindu or two. I always regard these things as something that needs to be accepted and largely irrelevant. We go forward as a melting pot of humanity with no claims of superiority or bias.

Wise sage since Toshack era

If form continues.... on 18:33 - Feb 20 with 836 viewsjohnlangy

If form continues.... on 14:56 - Feb 20 by marchamjack

If form continues we’ll finish midtablish, where most of us thought we’d finish at the start of the season and then let’s see how RM gets on next season and assess things from there

I agree with this.

When the football he's trying to get them to play works then I love it. But there have been a number of horror shows. I expect the owners to give him enough backing in the summer to build the squad he wants.

I'll judge him then.
If form continues.... on 18:39 - Feb 20 with 819 viewsmagicdaps10

If form continues.... on 18:33 - Feb 20 by johnlangy

I agree with this.

When the football he's trying to get them to play works then I love it. But there have been a number of horror shows. I expect the owners to give him enough backing in the summer to build the squad he wants.

I'll judge him then.

Some fans think we should have been pushing a play off spot and we have a better team/squad than last year.

Have a little think on that, no wonder there are so many to react as they do when we lose. No taking away as you say that there have been some horror shows but some on here are away with the fairies.

If form continues.... on 18:42 - Feb 20 with 816 viewsjasper_T

If form continues.... on 18:33 - Feb 20 by johnlangy

I agree with this.

I'll judge him then.

I don't think we can afford the squad he needs to play this brand of football successfully. Players with a technical level above what we have, who are also fitter than the opposition, aren't moving to bottom half Championship sides often. When they do it isn't cheap.

Scouting team has their work cut out.
If form continues.... on 19:05 - Feb 20 with 792 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If form continues.... on 16:42 - Feb 20 by magicdaps10

So that's it then, it won't work next season.

Let's look back 12 months ans see Huddersfield Town and let's look at them today.

We are not going to go down and we need to understand that Martin will be in charge come the 1st game of next season, we need to understand what this season was all about, we need to now realise what these remaining games are now all about.

Martin hasn't covered himself in glory but there have been signs.

I didn't realise he was Huddersfield Town's manager.
If form continues.... on 19:16 - Feb 20 with 780 viewsmagicdaps10

If form continues.... on 19:05 - Feb 20 by A_Fans_Dad

I didn't realise he was Huddersfield Town's manager.

You're not very bright are you!

If form continues.... on 19:21 - Feb 20 with 770 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If form continues.... on 19:16 - Feb 20 by magicdaps10

You're not very bright are you!

Is that an insult by any chance?
If form continues.... on 19:25 - Feb 20 with 769 viewsguthrieintherain

If form continues.... on 14:40 - Feb 20 by majorraglan

To be honest I don’t have a clue who I’d bring in. I’d probably look abroad at someone who plays a possession based game, maybe Spanish. Some of the La Liga teams have tiny budgets, there must be some d3cent managers over there who could come here, bring a few players with them and getting saving forward.
I’d rather go with Guidolin again than Hughes, Lennon or Jones. Farke is interesting shout.

John Eustace turned us dow
That shows where we are at.

I think about the best we could hope for is Jodie Morris possibly.

Was rumoured to be off to Everton and chances of him sticking around if it turned out well are slim.

But's that the case with any manager for us.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

If form continues.... on 19:31 - Feb 20 with 765 viewsguthrieintherain

If form continues.... on 15:48 - Feb 20 by onehunglow

But we are ,with respect.
It has been mentioned many times that we are "safe"

We are not numerically and certainly are in decline which will get worse.

We really have to wake up and smell the f'rts

Can't think of anything worse.

You would be on here 24/7 and loving every second.

Would be hard for you though what with food sleep etc to fit in.

If form continues.... on 19:38 - Feb 20 with 754 viewsmagicdaps10

If form continues.... on 19:21 - Feb 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Not at all, only a bit of banter because you were clearly just acting silly in your response to him being a Huddersfield manager.

If form continues.... on 19:43 - Feb 20 with 749 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If form continues.... on 19:38 - Feb 20 by magicdaps10

Not at all, only a bit of banter because you were clearly just acting silly in your response to him being a Huddersfield manager.

I was being silly?
When you introduce a different club/manager in to a discussion about our club & manager shortcomings with no relevance at all.
OK.
Of course if you had suggested that we go and get their manager it would actually make sense.
If form continues.... on 19:54 - Feb 20 with 729 viewsraynor94

If form continues.... on 19:21 - Feb 20 by A_Fans_Dad

This is you pompous arse, you knew quite well the point he was making, concerning Huddersfield

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

If form continues.... (n/t) on 20:10 - Feb 20 with 709 viewsguthrieintherain

If form continues.... on 15:48 - Feb 20 by onehunglow

But we are ,with respect.
It has been mentioned many times that we are "safe"

We are not numerically and certainly are in decline which will get worse.

We really have to wake up and smell the f'rts

250/1 decent odds
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 20:22]

If form continues.... on 20:16 - Feb 20 with 694 viewsbuilthjack

If form continues.... on 17:41 - Feb 20 by pencoedjack

Don't like Ginger's ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If form continues.... (n/t) on 20:20 - Feb 20 with 679 viewsguthrieintherain

If form continues.... (n/t) on 20:10 - Feb 20 by guthrieintherain

250/1 decent odds
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 20:22]

250/1 Put a tenner on it win win for you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024