Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie for f----s sake 18:41 - Nov 10 with 10989 viewskitkev

I cant believe you are even considering this clown, he admitted to losing the plot at palace, then got us relegated, and some of you believe he is the future.

Not My club and all that but really look at this logically, will he bring stability to your club, will you push for the play offs,will you avoid relegation, forget the connection to the club and give thought to what he brings to you.

If you get him as manager, i will be surprised if you are not in a relegation scrap within 5 games, he has nothing to offer but backward steps.
But hey Ho if you want him so be it.
Ollie for f----s sake on 21:53 - Nov 10 with 2693 viewsDiscodroids

If Ollie is to come back as manager in 2016 , for me it will be like seeing Larry Blackmon back in his red codpiece again.

i.e enjoyably Nostalgic, insanely glorious and a little bit ridiculous .

2016.. the year of the outer limits . Bonkers.

[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 22:13]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Ollie for f----s sake on 21:56 - Nov 10 with 2690 viewsRebalhoop

Ollie for f----s sake on 21:29 - Nov 10 by daveB

I'm going to happily ignore all the miserable joyless people who can't even raise a smile at the thought of seeing some genuine QPR heroes back at the club. Yes it could go wrong blah blah but it could go wrong if we brought in Klopp. I'm sure some will be delighted to come on in a few months and say i told you so but bollox to you.

we're going to get a manager who cares about the club and is desperate to win for QPR not to further his own career. I for one am absolutely buzzing

3 happy clappers in row,l must have a lay down
Ollie for f----s sake on 22:09 - Nov 10 with 2641 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ollie for f----s sake on 21:29 - Nov 10 by daveB

I'm going to happily ignore all the miserable joyless people who can't even raise a smile at the thought of seeing some genuine QPR heroes back at the club. Yes it could go wrong blah blah but it could go wrong if we brought in Klopp. I'm sure some will be delighted to come on in a few months and say i told you so but bollox to you.

we're going to get a manager who cares about the club and is desperate to win for QPR not to further his own career. I for one am absolutely buzzing

I agree with you Dave.

We all know the dangers to the reputations of Holloway and Bircham but if they're willing to risk it then more power to them.

I loved Wilkins as a player but thought he was a novice manager when he was with us and he did a poor job as a result but I will never, ever forget how great he was as a player (oh my sweet Lord that take down and backheel move to Wilson up in Goodison during the 3-0 win!) so nothing will tarnish my memories of him as a player. And nothing will ever tarnish my memories of the two lads during their previous stints.

They're adults, we're adults. Why are we all so worried about feelings if they're not?

I love, I mean I really love tactics. I love new ideas, I love progressive coaching. I could talk about them all day and night. Now, I'm not saying that Holloway can't deliver on those fronts. Not in the slightest. All I'm saying is that for all wannabe coaches like me fantasise and bloviate about the intricacies of the game sometimes what we miss is that the difference I performance can be emotional, psychological, inspirational. Inspirational.

Right now the club - the players, the supporters, probably even the office staff - need inspiration more than anything else. We need someone, or some people to bring the fun, the relaxation, the pride, the passion and the togetherness back into us. To drive it into us. We need our identity back. We need someone to do it for us. And Al Pacino's an actor, so that leaves Ollie.

Fugg it. Let's do it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ollie for f----s sake on 23:03 - Nov 10 with 2489 viewsdaveinmelbourne

It's the entertainment business isn't it?

From what I've seen from over here the football has looked a little pragmatic to say the least.

I bet all of you will now go, even those having a moan, because one things for sure it'll certainly be interesting.

I'm excited he's back, if I could I'd be at that Norwich game with bells on!
Ollie for f----s sake on 23:10 - Nov 10 with 2473 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ollie for f----s sake on 18:55 - Nov 10 by rsonist

I don't think even his staunchest supporter here thinks Holloway is the future.

You're right to think that the bet is entirely based on the connection to the club. Without that he wouldn't have been within a million miles of the job.

At the end of the day there were question marks over every candidate and for better or worse the club went for the only one that would unite the club. It's a sop to nostalgia and sentiment and yes perhaps ignorant reactionary senile dementia, but that's what buys the season tickets. I imagine the idea is that Les and the board are confident enough in the infrastructure and squad they've now put in place that they can slot in a motivator to blast through the division. Optimistic stuff. But either way it buys them time to assess for a better transition in the summer.

"You're right to think that the bet is entirely based on the connection to the club. Without that he wouldn't have been within a million miles of the job"

Like Les Ferdinand you mean?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ollie for f----s sake on 23:15 - Nov 10 with 2457 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ollie for f----s sake on 19:18 - Nov 10 by vegasranger

We have become the vaudeville act that keeps on giving. Holloway was great for us at a certain period in our history. Not now. I just don't see what we as a club are trying to do. Why do we have so little imagination?

Why do we have so little imagination?

Quite frankly I try not to use my imagination much when it comes to the future of QPR, as otherwise Cthulhu calls to me.

Choose the greater evil, choose the greater evil...

Mourinho should be available soon. Can't think why that popped into my head.
Ollie for f----s sake on 23:25 - Nov 10 with 2430 viewsKiwi76

Can't remember but does Olly play wingers on wing - preferably the one they are best suited to - & centre mid/central def in middle?
Ollie for f----s sake on 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2421 viewswombat

Ollie for f----s sake on 23:25 - Nov 10 by Kiwi76

Can't remember but does Olly play wingers on wing - preferably the one they are best suited to - & centre mid/central def in middle?

I'm guessing sylla and polter up front for Norwich

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Ollie for f----s sake on 23:29 - Nov 10 with 2419 viewsDejR_vu

Given the state of the club at the time and what he had to deal with, what he achieved was remarkable. But, that was then. He is a lot older and taken a few punches since. The club is in a very different situation. This has disaster written all over it. Hope I'm wrong for the club's sake and his.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ollie for f----s sake on 23:54 - Nov 10 with 2382 viewsLadbrokeR

Ollie for f----s sake on 23:29 - Nov 10 by DejR_vu

Given the state of the club at the time and what he had to deal with, what he achieved was remarkable. But, that was then. He is a lot older and taken a few punches since. The club is in a very different situation. This has disaster written all over it. Hope I'm wrong for the club's sake and his.

If it's Holloway I shall get behind him.
Ollie for f----s sake on 00:46 - Nov 11 with 2318 views2Thomas2Bowles

I hope for his sake he does not come back, the same back stabbing fans are still here, always wanting better but apart from NW they have all been shite

Stay away Ollie you are to good a man for us.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ollie for f----s sake on 01:28 - Nov 11 with 2288 viewsHooparoo

Ollie for f----s sake on 23:25 - Nov 10 by Kiwi76

He's a bloody good motivator. I do remember that. There won't be anymore square pegs in round holes and he will go for it, particularly at home.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Ollie for f----s sake on 01:35 - Nov 11 with 2283 viewsBoston

Ollie for f----s sake on 19:17 - Nov 10 by Toast_R

It'll be fun for a good 6 weeks at least.

Has he got the hunger and passion to do it all over again though? He's older, he's been around. Has football changed since 2001?

Theres not so many characters out there anymore. There's language and culture barriers in the dressing room.

I hope he can find that passion again because if he's not
Firing on all cylinders, he'll get found out pretty quick.

He has got a tricky accent, I know and look, they all eat turnips, but what goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room, I'm sure the rest of the world can eventually come to terms with the west country.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ollie for f----s sake on 01:46 - Nov 11 with 2273 viewsBoston

Ollie for f----s sake on 23:54 - Nov 10 by LadbrokeR

it's not all about sex y'know Labroke.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ollie for f----s sake on 02:58 - Nov 11 with 2249 viewsFredManRave

Ollie for f----s sake on 01:46 - Nov 11 by Boston

it's not all about sex y'know Labroke.

It is for Holloway.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ollie for f----s sake on 05:30 - Nov 11 with 1984 viewsChurchie

Rangers on the pitch Rangers on the bench. Surely someone who cares as much as we do is a reason to give them a great chance and get behind them. Sadly the caustic minority have even started before the appointment.

SHAME ON YOU!
Ollie for f----s sake on 06:24 - Nov 11 with 1942 viewscyprusmel

He may be a clown Kitkev but he's our clown, and given the choices available he in my opinion is the best of the rest.
Ollie for f----s sake on 07:00 - Nov 11 with 1905 viewsflynnbo

I'm still trying to work out what the letters are between the f and the s in the OP's thread title.
Ollie for f----s sake (n/t) on 07:36 - Nov 11 with 1854 viewsDejR_vu

Ollie for f----s sake on 00:46 - Nov 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I hope for his sake he does not come back, the same back stabbing fans are still here, always wanting better but apart from NW they have all been shite

Stay away Ollie you are to good a man for us.

As has been pointed out, more likely to damage his legacy then enhance it.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 7:39]

Ollie for f----s sake on 07:37 - Nov 11 with 1848 viewsDejR_vu

Ollie for f----s sake on 23:54 - Nov 10 by LadbrokeR

So will I

Ollie for f----s sake on 08:51 - Nov 11 with 1750 viewspomanjou

Lovely fella, x player n all that but

Wrong for him, wrong for us.

May be a very short term fix.

Hope they give him a heavier medical than they used to give the players for his own sake.

If he gets it, 6 months max.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Ollie for f----s sake on 09:15 - Nov 11 with 1695 viewsJAPRANGERS

Announcement today I wonder?? Or not, as the case may or may not be init??
Ollie for f----s sake on 09:30 - Nov 11 with 1658 viewsstevec

Love Ollie so no reflection on him at all. But we have layers of management above that and yet after two years within the place, plenty of time to make a plan, this is the vision they appear to have. Just seems so insular.

Team going forward in SW6, Ground going up in TW8, West London probably is ours, but it's getting a very lonely place.
Ollie for f----s sake on 09:55 - Nov 11 with 1616 viewsToast_R

I was just having a look at his last season with us, pretty dire end and just as you thought it couldn't get any worse, along came Gary Waddock. Wow, QPR really tried to get relegated that season.

Came across Adam Miller in the squad, remember him, he was pony wasn't he?
Ollie for f----s sake on 10:06 - Nov 11 with 1582 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The wife asked my views on this impending return this morning, I replied thus; it's like someone thinking remaking the Sopranos is a good idea.

I love Olly, great man saved us from the Ollycaust. I'm just not sure whether this is wise ten years on. But it sure will be fun again!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024