Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please 06:54 - Sep 18 with 4264 viewsnumptydumpty

Lets get some perspective here.

We had three centre backs injured. Our best player over the last few seasons has not played this season.

We played our new right back and from what I saw, he could easily oust Dunne from his place later this season.

The only two, I would say could have played if we were full strength tonight were Dembele and he came on for the entire second half and Frey who for me was rightly rested. Celar was ok but needs minutes as we only have two centre forwards.

Walsh in goal. Fine for me. Important also to give him a game. Maybe he could have done better with the Nketiah goal but was quick thinking from Eze that was more to blame and the centre forward that's been at Arsenal hit a strong finish.

It was a great atmosphere at the game. I am assuming that a lot of the negative comments are from people that weren't there.

Eze's goal had a huge slice of luck and as said still we almost scored at the death.

On another day we win this and all the negative comments would not be on here.

Some posts frankly embarrassing.

Last season not only were we losing most games but the quality of football was absolute garbage.

We seem to have made a lot of really excellent signings and the style of football is exciting.

We have in Marti, one of our most progressive managers for a long long time.

We have had games against three or four teams that likely to be in the top six and we are currently in the top half of the championship.

The two scorers for Palace, Nketiah cost £50 million, Eze valued at £70 million and they had the new England centre back, Guehi valued £60 million to beat and we created enough to win the game.

We are not Arsenal. We are not Liverpool. We are not even Crystal Palace.

We put in a spirited performance.

Some fans need to get real. Was a great night out and we deserved better. The support from the fans at the game, I felt was totally positive.

And yes, am assuming a lot of the negativity was from people that weren't there.

Some comments on here though last night from fans IMO were frankly embarrassing.

Fricking heck - get behind your team. Unfortunately we can't win every game but we gave it a good go and it was a spirited performance.

We are doing fine. We got a decent squad. Five subs is regular most games so it's a squad game now. And totally understand players all need minutes and we were far from a weakened team. Colback was not playing. Many were criticising our midfield at Wednesday and Colbacks red card in waiting has been mentioned also. He is also not the future.

But get real. We got rid of a lot of dross. The new boys are exciting to watch and our manager is a top top man.

If people are peed off with this after the dreadful fare under Ainsworth, only a year ago. Well basically you are never going to be happy supporting any teams QPR are able to put out.

Yes it's disappointing we did not get through and what would have been our best cup run for decades. As everyone knows we have been shocking in the cups for such a long time.

It's football. Sometimes you lose games you deserve to win. And excuse me but Palace at the end of last season were one of the more exciting teams in the league above and the gulf between the divisions is immense. All three promoted teams were relegated immediately last season. There is such a massive gap and yet you would not have known that last night.

Embarrassing posts from many that really should know better.

It was a decent performance.

Palace had international players throughout their team and squad and we gave them a game. Whatever the value of our team, we are still many slots down from the quality Palace possess.

On another night we go through. Lloyd a whisker away from scoring. A home grown player.

There are so many positives yet to be honest many posters last night were embarrassing and from a few that normally fair in their opinions.

It's football. We deserved better but it didn't happen. Yes it was not the outcome we wanted or deserved but so many positives and yet so many really negative comments.

That's my opinion but really !!!!

I am certainly NOT a happy clapper but if people can't be happy about superb progress.

Less than a season ago, we were heading for league one and total oblivion.

We were so poor that most of us, myself included, felt we were heading for many many years in the lower leagues.

If people can not see that and recognise the absolutely unbelievable progress we have made with am sure very small outlay, then you are supporting the wrong club. 

As said the vibes from the crowd were mainly very positive on the night and perhaps a lot of posters with such negativity weren't there or it was just disappointment we didn't quite get over the line

So much better performance than Saturday also when according to some that was our full strength side.

A dose of reality needed from many on here. Last night on here was far from worthy of a message board melt down.

We go again on Saturday

Come on you Rrrs.

Seriously it's actually currently a good time to be an R. Although a stranger dropping by yesterday may have thought otherwise !@@@!!

Sent from my Galaxy

[Post edited 18 Sep 6:57]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 06:59 - Sep 18 with 3475 viewsSK_hoops

Strong coffee you've had this morning.
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 06:59 - Sep 18 with 3461 viewsRed_Ranger

Which Galaxy? Is the weather any good?
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 07:04 - Sep 18 with 3418 viewsnumptydumpty

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 06:59 - Sep 18 by SK_hoops

Strong coffee you've had this morning.

Think half people on here need multiple doses of caffeine!!

All ready and alert for the day ahead myself

Maybe everyone had one too many yesterday !!!!!!
[Post edited 18 Sep 7:04]

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 07:05 - Sep 18 with 3381 viewsnumptydumpty

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 06:59 - Sep 18 by Red_Ranger

Which Galaxy? Is the weather any good?

Oh yes

It's my Samsung galaxy.

No poxy iphones here !!!

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 07:29 - Sep 18 with 3246 viewsdm97

Every word.

To add to one of your points ND- Squad rotation when you have Kakay Drewe and Kelman is one thing, but if you actually have some squad depth it’s *the right thing to do* to get minutes into Varane et al. They’ll be better for it and probably deserve it if they’re working hard in training etc.

The same people moaning last night will be the ones who lambast the club if key players get injured for not managing their minutes better. Total unnecessary meltdown from the sorts of posters who I usually agree with!
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 07:46 - Sep 18 with 3077 viewswortonr

You beat me to it Mr Dumpty. Couldn’t agree more. That was a great game to watch which we could easily have won and it was a nice touch that Eze scored…a real pleasure to watch him and convinced we have got a significant windfall coming in due course. Add to that Alfie Lloyd ( not actually one of our own as we got him from Yeovil) who’s beginning to look far more of a prospect than Sinclair.
Martie got it spot on. Watch out Millwall. Already looking forward to the round 3 draw in the cup we haven’t won yet.
All together now
You R’s!
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 08:02 - Sep 18 with 2960 viewsQPROslo

It was a tired looking performance from Dembele on Saturday so I wasn't surprised he was rested last night.
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 08:15 - Sep 18 with 2850 viewsgazza1

We were playing a Premiership Club whom put out near to their best players. They were 'miles' ahead of us in all aspects of the game and fair play to them. Also, remembering they are a bottom half team as well.

I enjoyed watching them knock the ball around and making so much space for themselves. It shows how much we need to get better and showed how limited our players were against Premier players.

No meltdown here.
Login to get fewer ads

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 08:32 - Sep 18 with 2719 viewsozexile

I think people's frustration is not about last night's performance at all it's just a build up of years and years of throwing away cup competitions for mid table league positions.
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 08:37 - Sep 18 with 2679 viewsconnell10

Totally agree , i was at the game and i think we played well. Two telling things from last night i think their keeper got booked for time wasting(they knew they were in a tough game) and more telling most fans were clapping Rangers at the end of the game! I was pretty pleased with us .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 08:52 - Sep 18 with 2549 viewssdm1508

I thought against a strong powerful team like Palace we held our own. Some positives. Varane looked good. Needs to be quicker on the ball at times but essentially in the second half he was our one defensive midfield player as Marsden pushed up a bit more and he covered the ground and got the tackles in

Ashby looks promising and with his ability to get up the pitch and that bit of pace will add another dynamic to our play. I think Santos also looks better playing in his natural position rather than right wing ( although this was done to help him get use to the league)

Field did well at the back and is another option but we do miss JCS distribution from he back.

Saito looked good on the wing. Strong little sod for his size and caused them problems. This is a premier league defence so bodes well for the rest of the season

Marsden is an interesting one. I think he is quietly effective rather than dominating games. Keeps possession well, and always seems to make the right choice. I think the way he carries himself looks like he is just coasting but that is sort of his style of play. I think when all the pieces fall into place he will become even more effective

Celar is an interesting one. I think he needs a goal just for his confidence. He is a totally different striker to Frey, who is all action. I think Celar is more of a player for in and around the box rather than linking up play (although he can do that). Maybe still not quite playing to his strengths yet but time will tell
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 08:52 - Sep 18 with 2548 viewsNed_Kennedys

“A meltdown on here” 🤣
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 08:58 - Sep 18 with 2494 viewsstevec

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 07:46 - Sep 18 by wortonr

You beat me to it Mr Dumpty. Couldn’t agree more. That was a great game to watch which we could easily have won and it was a nice touch that Eze scored…a real pleasure to watch him and convinced we have got a significant windfall coming in due course. Add to that Alfie Lloyd ( not actually one of our own as we got him from Yeovil) who’s beginning to look far more of a prospect than Sinclair.
Martie got it spot on. Watch out Millwall. Already looking forward to the round 3 draw in the cup we haven’t won yet.
All together now
You R’s!

Ha ha magic. I wasn’t aware that Alfie Lloyd hadn’t come through our youth system, actually thought they may have got something right for a change. I should have known better.
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 09:01 - Sep 18 with 2468 views1BobbyHazell

I mean what is our 'strongest team' anyway? I would say we don't have a definitive one yet. Got a lot of players developing this year who may well end up in our strongest side.

And anyway this slightly mythical 'strongest side' was f**king terrible against a sh*t Sheffield Wednesday. I'd have been bothered if we didn't make any changes! We did and we improved. Sure, we could have been a bit more at them first half although I end up thinking that about most of our games.

I guess people's emotional response is more from accumulation over the years.
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 09:30 - Sep 18 with 2284 viewsDWQPR

Have only watched the highlights of the last two games but the thing that strikes me is that we now have a far better squad of players that will cope well with the championship once things have bedded down properly. I really do believe that this coupled with MC and a lower quality overall in the championship that we could threaten the play offs. We are scoring goals which last season was a major struggle and although we have yet to get a clean sheet we are letting in less than last season. Remember that the benchmark of last season were those two horrific performances against Watford and Blackburn. We are a million years away from them now.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 09:30 - Sep 18 with 2280 viewsTheChef

Yeah I can understand people's frustrations - after the game I was bemoaning the fact we never seem to beat PL opposition in the cups but was reminded we beat Everton a couple of seasons back in the League Cup and probably should have gone further but for Keith fkin Stroud.

Ultimately I thought we gave a good account of ourselves last night against a decent Palace side. If that Lloyd effort at the end goes the other side of the post then who knows?

Was my first view of the current team this season and there are a lot more positives than negatives. Onwards and upwards.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 09:31 - Sep 18 with 2281 viewsPhildo

I wasn’t in my usual seat as I couldn’t work out the Ticketmaster season ticket thing so was right on the touchline and I enjoyed Ashby singing along with the ‘we are QPR’ song . Liked the look of him as he grew into the game.
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 09:55 - Sep 18 with 2109 viewsMole_Senior

I was lucky enough to sit up in block C last night (great view of the pitch) with a Palace matey. He was very complimentary of us and in particular Saito. Mentioned a few times that he was by far our best player and yet, is a fringe player at the minute.

I also saw Chair walking about and in good spirits. I asked him about his back and he said he felt fine, but is governed by the club doctor so has no idea when he'll be allowed to return.
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 09:56 - Sep 18 with 2107 viewsdaveB

I thought we showed them far too much respect first half and needed to put a few tackles in but we did what we often do under Marti and stayed in the game to give ourselves a chance

It could have been better but Palace have a much better team than us and it showed at times
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 10:53 - Sep 18 with 1909 viewsPaddyhoops

Agreed . Thought the atmosphere was great last night . I’m in safe standing and the general mood was one of positivity despite the defeat .
Looking forward to Chair coming back . He will give the extra 10% we need at the moment.
Ashby and Saito impressed me last night and Dembele added the impetus we badly needed at half time .
Lloyd puts that one in and it was penalties .
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 11:00 - Sep 18 with 1872 viewsNorthantsHoop

I thought we held up pretty well last night and got ourselves back in it against a Palace team who basically had their big guns up front in Eze, Mateta and Nkiete. Eze was class as usual, thought we looked much better when Dembele came on but some strong performances, Varane looked more comfortable and Madsen getting more assured in his role. Nice to see Field score. I do think Marti should put Alfie Lloyd up as a central striker he is making great progress and showing more impact than Celar, who is still looking a bit lost in English football at the moment. I take away we are improving nicely.
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 11:22 - Sep 18 with 1733 viewsnix

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 08:58 - Sep 18 by stevec

Ha ha magic. I wasn’t aware that Alfie Lloyd hadn’t come through our youth system, actually thought they may have got something right for a change. I should have known better.

Someone should tell Alfie he's not one of our own. He looked pretty dedicated to the cause when he was urging the Loft End to raise their voices towards the end of the match and pointing to the badge.

It seems like we're best at adding value to players coming in around late teens - like Ebs, Chair etc. Probably because there are so many Prem clubs in West London hoovering up the best youngsters before spitting them out further down the line or stealing the ones we do bring through. But it's a stark contrast between Alfie who absolutely loves playing for us and Kolli who's put himself out in the cold. He should maybe pay attention to Ebs and his story.
[Post edited 18 Sep 14:07]
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 13:22 - Sep 18 with 1397 viewsdutch

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 11:22 - Sep 18 by nix

Someone should tell Alfie he's not one of our own. He looked pretty dedicated to the cause when he was urging the Loft End to raise their voices towards the end of the match and pointing to the badge.

It seems like we're best at adding value to players coming in around late teens - like Ebs, Chair etc. Probably because there are so many Prem clubs in West London hoovering up the best youngsters before spitting them out further down the line or stealing the ones we do bring through. But it's a stark contrast between Alfie who absolutely loves playing for us and Kolli who's put himself out in the cold. He should maybe pay attention to Ebs and his story.
[Post edited 18 Sep 14:07]

If Alfie decides he's one of our own, all well and good. He's a Ranger and clearly loves to play for us. Why try and diminish that? Wes Eze really one of our own after all those trials and spells at other clubs? Do they have to be born Rangers? We'd only have Kevin Gallen by that
crieria.
So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 14:25 - Sep 18 with 1181 viewsnumptydumpty

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 13:22 - Sep 18 by dutch

If Alfie decides he's one of our own, all well and good. He's a Ranger and clearly loves to play for us. Why try and diminish that? Wes Eze really one of our own after all those trials and spells at other clubs? Do they have to be born Rangers? We'd only have Kevin Gallen by that
crieria.

Millwall got rid of Eze - deemed not physical enough - we took the chance.

Yes I wasn't aware Alfie Lloyd had not been here for the duration but yes his development has been here, so that's good enough for me.

Yes take the point that some were merely frustrated we did not progress and understand that but outright wholesale criticisms last night of a couple of players was harsh.

And we certainly had a much improved display in the second half.

Dembele rightly rested first half, even if it had an impact. We do seem to have picked up a few more injuries in the international break so was sensible also.

The next few games are important and yes who is to say what is our number one choice eleven is. It's evolving currently.
[Post edited 18 Sep 14:32]

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 15:27 - Sep 18 with 1018 viewsTheChef

So many positives - yet a meltdown on here - dose of reality please on 11:00 - Sep 18 by NorthantsHoop

I thought we held up pretty well last night and got ourselves back in it against a Palace team who basically had their big guns up front in Eze, Mateta and Nkiete. Eze was class as usual, thought we looked much better when Dembele came on but some strong performances, Varane looked more comfortable and Madsen getting more assured in his role. Nice to see Field score. I do think Marti should put Alfie Lloyd up as a central striker he is making great progress and showing more impact than Celar, who is still looking a bit lost in English football at the moment. I take away we are improving nicely.

Didn't realise till last night what a unit Mateta is - his arse is huge!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024