Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? 10:37 - Aug 16 with 2579 viewsnumptydumpty

Had a sad habit of enjoying post match dismally down radio discussions around performances especially of the England team.

For some strange reason always found them darkly entertaining.

Appreciate we are not often on the radar of such shows now and of course we now can spread our doom ridden analyses on here, but has anyone rung in ever for club or country in a state of exasperated desperation!!! Were you that Numpty ??

Have enjoyed Chelsea and Man Utd fan meltdowns on numerous occasions. Poor pups !!!
[Post edited 16 Aug 10:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 10:39 - Aug 16 with 2554 viewshantssi

Yes, under Holloway, 5 Live, can’t remember who we were playing but we were 2 down at home and won, all the time I KNEW we were going to win, but that’s how it was back then, the our cave, never give up attitude!
Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 12:51 - Aug 16 with 2226 viewsSK_hoops

Slightly related, but I remember my dad calling ITV up because they were meant to show the legendary QPR v Port Vale 4-4, but at the last minute put baywatch repeats on instead.
Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 13:33 - Aug 16 with 2113 viewsE17hoop

Yep, Radio London after we got beat at Grimsby in the cup. Had been to the game and thought they'd appreciate a fans' eye view about how shít we'd been.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 14:38 - Aug 16 with 1900 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 12:51 - Aug 16 by SK_hoops

Slightly related, but I remember my dad calling ITV up because they were meant to show the legendary QPR v Port Vale 4-4, but at the last minute put baywatch repeats on instead.

Was he calling to complain or thank them haha.
Saw a comment about Pamela Anderson a few weeks ago when she was running in slow motion in Baywatch its her regular speed now
Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 17:37 - Aug 16 with 1726 viewsmikeygunn

I rang David Mellor in the early incarnations of 606. I told him we would get relegated if we sold our best players. Then we sold Les.

I also told Michaela Strachan we were better than Swindon, even though they did the double over us. That was a radio 5 competition though, I won sensible golf on the Amiga.
Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 18:51 - Aug 16 with 1613 viewspaulparker

Yes it was the time under Sosa I think
We just got smashed at Watford , I think it was 3-0 them after about 20 minutes , it was a proper shambles I left on 55 minutes got in the car and was half way home by the end of the second half
Got through to Stan collymores show got put through and totally forgot what I was going to say
All I could muster was it’s a “disgrace Stan” I must of said it about 4 times , it was hardly call of the week

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 19:20 - Aug 16 with 1574 viewsdezzar

Never rang in ,but my wife ,son , brother in law and myself were interviewed live on Radio London on Wembley Way , on Bobby Zamora day , before we entered the stadium.They were looking for a family point of view apparently. Got loads of abuse from Derby fans then loads of URRRSSS when our lot walked past
Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 20:48 - Aug 16 with 1427 viewsSpaceman_P

No but I did call into Xfm once when Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant had a radio show before the Office was a huge sensation.

their topic was if Happy Days was re-made who would make a great Fonzie, I said Chris Eubanks in which Gervais erupted into laughter like he does.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 21:16 - Aug 16 with 1385 viewsstowmarketrange

Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 19:20 - Aug 16 by dezzar

Never rang in ,but my wife ,son , brother in law and myself were interviewed live on Radio London on Wembley Way , on Bobby Zamora day , before we entered the stadium.They were looking for a family point of view apparently. Got loads of abuse from Derby fans then loads of URRRSSS when our lot walked past

Me and my family were shown on the bbc highlights show for Zamora day.We are the first qpr fans shown and we were wearing Redknapp masks.

I did phone into talksport after the 1st Celtic friendly about 15-20 years ago.Some QPR fans were singing sectarian songs during the game supposedly,and they were saying how disgusting it was.I phoned up and said that the Celtic fans were singing their sectarian songs too but nobody was complaining about them doing it.
He cut me off quite quickly.

I was also on the Simon mayo drive time show about 10 years ago replying to one of the confessions that he broadcast.It was about a Liverpool fan who lied to his mum that he’d been to see the pope while in Rome for the European cup final in 1977.
For those of you that don’t know,you had to text in with whether you forgave them or not.I texted in that he wasn’t forgiven as Liverpool shouldn’t have been there in 1977 as it should’ve been QPR in the final as we deserved to win the league in 1976.
Simon Mayo read it out,but Matt,who is a Liverpool fan said that I should just get over it as it was 35 years ago.
Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 00:04 - Aug 17 with 1232 viewsconnell10

I phoned Radio London and had a right rant about Flabio and The Dwarf, to Mr Parry.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 00:52 - Aug 17 with 1174 viewspaulhoop2

Not a football one but I do call into LBC a few times when it’s a great convo going on

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 08:35 - Aug 17 with 961 viewsSK_hoops

Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 14:38 - Aug 16 by CLAREMAN1995

Was he calling to complain or thank them haha.
Saw a comment about Pamela Anderson a few weeks ago when she was running in slow motion in Baywatch its her regular speed now

Complain!

🤣
Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 14:13 - Aug 17 with 732 viewsNorthantsHoop

Been on Nicky Campbell's BBC Radio 5 Live phone twice about England, first time at 2022 World Cup about the England v France Quarter final and got on at this year's Euro 24 about England and their performance in the Group Stage.
[Post edited 17 Aug 14:13]
Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 14:57 - Aug 17 with 675 viewsDiscodroids

i rang up jonathon pearce on capital gold after a tonking at goodison park under ray wilkins.

i was patched through to alan mullery , and i gave my computation to Mr Mullery on the shortcoming of playing matthew brazier as a free spirit libero,.

there was a couple of seconds dead air before Alan dismissed me with the back of his hand and told me to present my medals and credentials on a 'silver platter ', before i dared to criticise a ''young manager and legend of the game.' i.e ray wilkins.

it was somewhat difficult to produce my england association football caps and silverware as i was working as a lloyds of london reinsurance broker at the time.

suitably chastised, i said 'cheers al' and went to bed after watching sportsnight.
[Post edited 17 Aug 14:58]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 15:03 - Aug 17 with 665 viewsBoston

Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 14:57 - Aug 17 by Discodroids

i rang up jonathon pearce on capital gold after a tonking at goodison park under ray wilkins.

i was patched through to alan mullery , and i gave my computation to Mr Mullery on the shortcoming of playing matthew brazier as a free spirit libero,.

there was a couple of seconds dead air before Alan dismissed me with the back of his hand and told me to present my medals and credentials on a 'silver platter ', before i dared to criticise a ''young manager and legend of the game.' i.e ray wilkins.

it was somewhat difficult to produce my england association football caps and silverware as i was working as a lloyds of london reinsurance broker at the time.

suitably chastised, i said 'cheers al' and went to bed after watching sportsnight.
[Post edited 17 Aug 14:58]

Lucky he didn't call for Security.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anyone ever rung in to a post match radio phone in ?? on 15:06 - Aug 17 with 664 viewsR_from_afar

Not long after my QPR supporting mates first persuaded me to go to an Rs game, I rang a TalkSport Saturday evening 'phone-in and after some, let's say, qualifying questions, off air, they put me on the radio.

We had either won or staged a miraculous recovery and stolen a point and so I babbled away enthusiastically, but probably incoherently. It was during the Gallen era, as I recall.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024