Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Next? 16:49 - Nov 26 with 56921 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Assuming he’s gone, realistic appointment?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2022 16:51]
Who Next? on 09:36 - Nov 27 with 3961 viewsbosh67

Who Next? on 09:02 - Nov 27 by davman

... but hang on, bosh, thought Beale wasn't going...

I'm theorising at this point.

I have been pretty sure he was staying but if Amit has allegedly liked an angry fan tweet you have to think perhaps the relationship has broken down.

I think both Mick and the cub perhaps were thinking if they said nothing that it would back up what Mick said after the Wolves approach, but the press has run away with this so hard that it does appear it may have made Mick's position here very difficult. Other rumours have been that he hasn't even spoken to them and hasn't gone up to Scotland. If that is the case then he's kind of being driven out the club through implication.

We are getting to a stage where it may be difficult to keep hold of him even if this turns out to be a boll*x story.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Who Next? on 09:59 - Nov 27 with 3865 viewsdmm

Who Next? on 09:36 - Nov 27 by bosh67

I'm theorising at this point.

I have been pretty sure he was staying but if Amit has allegedly liked an angry fan tweet you have to think perhaps the relationship has broken down.

I think both Mick and the cub perhaps were thinking if they said nothing that it would back up what Mick said after the Wolves approach, but the press has run away with this so hard that it does appear it may have made Mick's position here very difficult. Other rumours have been that he hasn't even spoken to them and hasn't gone up to Scotland. If that is the case then he's kind of being driven out the club through implication.

We are getting to a stage where it may be difficult to keep hold of him even if this turns out to be a boll*x story.

Through Ferdinand, the club did say something 5 days ago. He said the club wouldn't stand in Beale's way if he wanted to leave, and QPR only wanted people who wanted to be at QPR.

At that point, or earlier, all Beale needed to do was to say he was staying at QPR as per his statement a month ago post the Wolves debacle.

For me, it's clear as day. Beale's looked out for himself and taken us for fools.
Who Next? on 10:00 - Nov 27 with 3862 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Who Next? on 17:11 - Nov 26 by Northernr

Critchley basically walks it if he wants it, was on their long list in the summer before Beale aced the interview.
McKenna and Schumacher also, but that's complicated by costs and whether they'd come.

Schumacher looks interesting. Only 38, but experience working with a budget of £0.
Who Next? on 10:18 - Nov 27 with 3782 viewsCamberleyR

Who Next? on 08:57 - Nov 27 by stevec

I’d prefer Sean Dyche.

Maybe moneys an issue but compo of £1.5m should assist with that.

The man was loyal to Burnley, built a very effective side at the same time we went up but unlike us, he kept them there and against the odds.

He can spot a cheap centre forward, seems to get them performing far better than anyone expects and builds pragmatic sides that don’t lose quite so easily as we manage to every other week.

I imagine he’d want to rip up the cosy set up from grass roots level which sadly makes him a non starter, but maybe the board are getting as agitated about this as I do. Anyway, we’ll see.

He'd also want a massive salary so Beale's compo payoff will be burned through in less than four months. A complete non starter.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Who Next? on 10:41 - Nov 27 with 3733 viewsdmm

Apparently, there are issues with the contract Bournemouth are offering Crithchley to become O'Neil's assistant which may help should the board target him as Beale's replacement. No idea if that is rumour or fact though.
Who Next? on 10:46 - Nov 27 with 3704 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who Next? on 08:57 - Nov 27 by stevec

I’d prefer Sean Dyche.

Maybe moneys an issue but compo of £1.5m should assist with that.

The man was loyal to Burnley, built a very effective side at the same time we went up but unlike us, he kept them there and against the odds.

He can spot a cheap centre forward, seems to get them performing far better than anyone expects and builds pragmatic sides that don’t lose quite so easily as we manage to every other week.

I imagine he’d want to rip up the cosy set up from grass roots level which sadly makes him a non starter, but maybe the board are getting as agitated about this as I do. Anyway, we’ll see.

To be honest, I'd prefer we went after Ancelotti.

Blimey, the degree of delusion on here never ceases to amaze me. In what world does successful Premier League manager like Dyche take over at a club with pretty much the smallest stadium in the championship? Seriously. I love ambition, but there's ambition and there's pie in the sky thinking.

Bare bones.

Who Next? on 11:03 - Nov 27 with 3648 viewstraininvain

Who Next? on 10:46 - Nov 27 by Antti_Heinola

Blimey, the degree of delusion on here never ceases to amaze me. In what world does successful Premier League manager like Dyche take over at a club with pretty much the smallest stadium in the championship? Seriously. I love ambition, but there's ambition and there's pie in the sky thinking.

It does help explain a lot in terms of expectations and why people get annoyed with the owners. If people think that Dyche is a realistic target then the penny clearly hasn’t dropped yet for some.
Who Next? on 11:10 - Nov 27 with 3614 viewsQPR_Jim

Who Next? on 09:31 - Nov 27 by ArcticHoop

We dont´t afford Dyche and he´s not type of head coach/manager we are likely looking for.

What Critchley did to Blackpool, i don´t know if i want him to QPR. Did them what Beale doing us.

I'm not sure if he did anything wrong in leaving Blackpool. He left in the summer rather than mid-season and as far as I know he didn't tout himself around for the assistant manager job, it was just an old colleague looking for an assistant. It was strange that he left as a manager to become an assistant but I assume that was due to money and career prospects.
Login to get fewer ads

Who Next? on 11:19 - Nov 27 with 3554 viewsstevec

Who Next? on 10:46 - Nov 27 by Antti_Heinola

I’ll be honest, I haven’t a clue what Dyche earned at Burnley, maybe you can give me a heads up?

For the record, he’s managed at Burnley and Watford. Two clubs I equate of our level.

He’s played at clubs along the same level.

The manner of his sacking, possibly best described as his club getting a bit ahead of themselves (and look where that left them!), has meant within the game he’s getting unfairly overlooked, a number of good clubs in the Premier who you could say were a good fit, didn’t approach.

Perhaps my views are pie in the sky or perhaps my longitude is appreciative that this club, with a bit of positive thinking, can actually punch above it’s weight, a la Burnley and some.
Who Next? on 11:25 - Nov 27 with 3529 viewsnumptydumpty

Am just wondering as to how much due diligence in appointing a successor.

We know basically the prime contenders as they were all probably interviewed four months ago before whatsisface was appointed.

This is a totally out there suggestion.

How about a Lampard or a Gerrard type appointment.

Sure we can't afford their wages but either need to prove themselves and what's money to them as opposed to building their potential management careers.

Ie they not need big money as yet !!

More about them resurrecting their management careers ..

Gerrard will know few the players also, so he can turn down Beale's approaches !! 🤣

Not sure all ex top pros apply ie no thanks to Mr Rooney.

But if not one of the above two, how about a foreign ex top player, and sell it to them as a step for future better career.

Viera and Kompany etc come to mind.

Worth a punt, every other type of appointment goes pear shaped so why not try this and suck it and see !!
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 11:28]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Who Next? on 11:31 - Nov 27 with 3510 viewsconnell10

The thing is who ever the new coach is how long will he stay If does well? I mean we are such a small insignificant club ....probably beneath most managers! That's my Beale impression.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Who Next? on 11:39 - Nov 27 with 3469 viewsfrancisbowles

Who Next? on 11:19 - Nov 27 by stevec

I’ll be honest, I haven’t a clue what Dyche earned at Burnley, maybe you can give me a heads up?

For the record, he’s managed at Burnley and Watford. Two clubs I equate of our level.

The manner of his sacking, possibly best described as his club getting a bit ahead of themselves (and look where that left them!), has meant within the game he’s getting unfairly overlooked, a number of good clubs in the Premier who you could say were a good fit, didn’t approach.

Perhaps my views are pie in the sky or perhaps my longitude is appreciative that this club, with a bit of positive thinking, can actually punch above it’s weight, a la Burnley and some.

I think they are a bit bigger than us. Eight seasons of premier League TV money, one club town,. 22000 capacity, 18750 average this season, no London overheads.

We have some catching up to do, about a good decades worth, before we are in the same financial zone.
Who Next? on 12:11 - Nov 27 with 3362 viewsCamberleyR

Yes, it's the Daily Heil but they reckoned the new contract he signed in September 2021 was for £100k a week. His previous deal was said to be £70k p/w

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10725035/Sean-Dyche-remains-t

Who Next? on 12:43 - Nov 27 with 3282 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who Next? on 11:03 - Nov 27 by traininvain

It does help explain a lot in terms of expectations and why people get annoyed with the owners. If people think that Dyche is a realistic target then the penny clearly hasn’t dropped yet for some.

Exactly my thoughts. No wonder some go so mad after every defeat if their expectations are so ludicrous.

Bare bones.

Who Next? on 12:53 - Nov 27 with 3227 viewsAntti_Heinola

I absolutely agree we can and should aim to punch above our weight. That’s not my point, nor is what Dyche was earning. It’s about what Dyche would look for in his next job. Comparison with Watford is irrelevant, that was his first job about, what 8-9 years ago. Irrelevant. As his playing career. Dyche will be looking at 2 types of jobs: premier league or high flying, sleeping giant big club in the championship, with money to back him and prospects of establishing in the prem. he’s just not going to look at us. If you would laugh at him managing Millwall, Blackpool or Preston, then you can see my point. I think we’re ‘bigger’ than them: but not by much. It would be a terrible fit, a terrible move for him. In our league i could just about see him looking at Albion, Sunderland, Boro, maybe Norwich, maybe Sheff U, but i don’t he’d do any of those. He got a huge pay off, he just needs to wait until the right prem job comes: and it will.

Bare bones.

Who Next? on 13:11 - Nov 27 with 3135 viewsstevec

Who Next? on 12:53 - Nov 27 by Antti_Heinola

I absolutely agree we can and should aim to punch above our weight. That’s not my point, nor is what Dyche was earning. It’s about what Dyche would look for in his next job. Comparison with Watford is irrelevant, that was his first job about, what 8-9 years ago. Irrelevant. As his playing career. Dyche will be looking at 2 types of jobs: premier league or high flying, sleeping giant big club in the championship, with money to back him and prospects of establishing in the prem. he’s just not going to look at us. If you would laugh at him managing Millwall, Blackpool or Preston, then you can see my point. I think we’re ‘bigger’ than them: but not by much. It would be a terrible fit, a terrible move for him. In our league i could just about see him looking at Albion, Sunderland, Boro, maybe Norwich, maybe Sheff U, but i don’t he’d do any of those. He got a huge pay off, he just needs to wait until the right prem job comes: and it will.

Fair points.

My one hope on this is I suspect too many clubs have heard the reason of his demise at Burnley and don’t deem him ‘progressive’ enough.

If those mentioned were his wages then that does rule him out!
Who Next? on 13:14 - Nov 27 with 3127 viewsstephen57

Who Next? on 17:11 - Nov 26 by Northernr

Critchley basically walks it if he wants it, was on their long list in the summer before Beale aced the interview.
McKenna and Schumacher also, but that's complicated by costs and whether they'd come.

I worry as little that we might be making the same mistake twice. The Beales and the Critchleys have backgrounds working in big club set ups and all that goes with it.

I'm not sure that they're really up for difficulties and effort required to keep clubs like QPR - and others like them - in the top half of the Championship. And, do they actually feel proud to be the manager of QPR or is it just another stepping stone back to where they would really prefer to be.

No top club would have touched Neil Warnock, and there were advantages in that!
Who Next? on 13:19 - Nov 27 with 3103 viewsNorthantsHoop

Critchley or Richardson seem decent choices to me. Both young, got teams out of League 1 and would see QPR as a step up in their career. Quite liked Richardson thought he was doing a decent job at Wigan under difficult circumstances, bizarre sacked after a few weeks of a new contract. Critchley would be fine, good coaching principles and did well at Blackpool. Still reckon we should have kept Warburton and given him another year, treated our club with respect and got us competitive.
Who Next? on 13:29 - Nov 27 with 3070 viewsterryb

Is he overlooked by clubs appointing a manager?

Isn't he still being paid monthly by Burnley rather than having received a one off compensation payment? If that is the case, is it not possible that he won't apply/accept any job that would end these payments unless they at least matched that salary?

Personally, I dont know if this is still the case, but I'm (almost) sure that it was what was stated after "releasing him from his duties".
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 15:03]
Who Next? on 14:18 - Nov 27 with 2953 viewsLblock

I see nobody has mentioned Chris Wilder

Funny old game Saint!!!

18 months ago we would’ve walked through broken glass for him!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Who Next? on 17:20 - Nov 27 with 2759 viewsNorthantsHoop

Who Next? on 14:18 - Nov 27 by Lblock

I see nobody has mentioned Chris Wilder

Funny old game Saint!!!

18 months ago we would’ve walked through broken glass for him!!!

Decent manager and would be a decent appointment, but would be suprised if he could live within QPR's financial constraints on both his salary and player recruitment.
Who Next? on 18:20 - Nov 27 with 2627 viewsJamesB1979

Critchley or Mark Robbins for me.
Who Next? on 18:53 - Nov 27 with 2492 viewskensalriser

Schumacher would give us a good number of pages of motoring puns, so that's one thing in his favour.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Who Next? on 19:01 - Nov 27 with 2446 viewsCamberleyR

Does anyone know how P.ymouth play under Schumacher? He's got them top of L1 but so did JFH with Burton...

Who Next? on 19:56 - Nov 27 with 2326 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Who Next? on 18:53 - Nov 27 by kensalriser

Schumacher would give us a good number of pages of motoring puns, so that's one thing in his favour.

Do we need any more chicanery?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024