Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 23:09 - Oct 24 with 20530 viewsNotLoyal

The beautiful land of Peterborough, caught up in the Soke of Northampton, this antique replica of something yet to be discovered, in original terms, a town, in every day terms a dodgy toe nail hanging on to the cleft pallet of a donkeys bum.

Oh, it’s what we do on here, it’s our way of welcoming our opponents.

The Posh
Although the present club did not come into being until 1934, the 'Posh' name first came to the fore a decade earlier, almost certainly stemming from Pat Tirrel, player manager of Fletton United, a previous user of the present club's London Road ground, who announced in close season of 1921 that he was looking for 'Posh players for a Posh team' to compete in the Northamptonshire League (later the United Counties League). Fletton, previously known as the 'Brickies,' re-formed as Peterborough and Fletton United in 1923 and both nicknames were in use through the 1920s, although supporters complained that 'Posh' references were sometimes used by newspapers in a derisory manner. Peterborough and Fletton United folded in 1932, the present club was formed two years later and a Midland League debut against Gainsborough Trinity on 1st September 1934 was greeted with cries of 'Up The Posh' from the crowd.

Did you know ?
Victoria ( my heads in my arse) Beckham challenged Peterborough United registering their club nickname as a trademark in 1998 ? It obviously didn’t work as they are still called The Posh today, and she is a washed up old deckchair.

Celebrity gimp, VIctoria Beckham who thinks she is bigger than a whole community

The Posh
Peterborough United are a small club that do cock waving splendidly well. They will see this game as a cup final against the divisions ‘pass masters’ After many seasons in the Premier League the swans have been targets for teams to play above themselves when they visit Wales. Such is the way clubs hold Swansea in high esteem. If it wasn’t for that the swans would have won all their games. They are favourites to win this game for sure. The people of Peterborough land are called gimps, and the town itself is recognised as one of the worst town's to live in. Voted by the very people who live there. Peterborough is actually in Canada.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56110/lee-trundle-scores

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56115/darren-ferguson-be

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56120/russell-martin-set

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56129

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56131/swansea-city-are-o

More to Follow

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 10:50 - Oct 31 with 939 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 10:48 - Oct 31 by Brynmill_Jack

A deep, illogical and desperate need to gain credence and acceptance via our football team failing. Unfortunately for them it’s not failing so they apply arrogance, condescension and blindness to what’s happening before our very eyes with meaningless statistics. I have nothing but utter contempt for all of them. They’ve always been there - they just apply different guises for their self obsessed narcissism and delusional behaviour.

Put them on ignore - your enjoyment of this board will improve immeasurably.

My word, if half the cry babies every time we win can put me on ignore that would be bliss.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 11:00 - Oct 31 with 919 viewsDr_Parnassus

I still don’t know how everyone praising Martin and the team without exception has turned into a full on witch-hunt within 24 hours though.

The mind boggles.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 11:20 - Oct 31 with 900 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 11:00 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

I still don’t know how everyone praising Martin and the team without exception has turned into a full on witch-hunt within 24 hours though.

The mind boggles.

This site really makes me laugh

Last season posters were having a pop at Cooper for not playing Whittaker despite Lowe and Ayew getting goals. He was criticised for playing Lowe out of position..
Now it seems Whittaker is not good enough to play ag this level and when he gets on it's ok to do so out of position...
Yet to criticise Martin is considered disloyal.

I began my criticism of Martin because we were not getting results and throwing games away by his insistence on his plan A despite the fact it was not working and hadn't got success in his previous role.
I was amazed at how the board was filled with praise despite the fact we were dull at times (Millwall at home) we were not scoring goals or winning games.
The boards have history ot this I remember making a comment when Renato Sanches signed...one if caution as the boards were praising the signing as if he were Messi....I took stick yet look at how that worked out.
Why is anyone who critiques but does so questioning what is happening without emotion and using data disloyal?
We kept and keep hearing the words time and transition...Martin used these phrases and was still using them 18 months into his time ag MK Don's.
we have witnessed 3 great wins in the last 4 games....the football played in those games is different to that we witnessed in the opening games of the season....the pundits have said it too yet many here still believe it's the same but that time has played it's part.....which brings me back to the opening thread of my post....its funny how people remember or saw things differently to how they actually were.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 11:32]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 11:26 - Oct 31 with 887 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 11:20 - Oct 31 by vetchonian

Last season posters were having a pop at Cooper for not playing Whittaker despite Lowe and Ayew getting goals. He was criticised for playing Lowe out of position..
Now it seems Whittaker is not good enough to play ag this level and when he gets on it's ok to do so out of position...

I began my criticism of Martin because we were not getting results and throwing games away by his insistence on his plan A despite the fact it was not working and hadn't got success in his previous role.
I was amazed at how the board was filled with praise despite the fact we were dull at times (Millwall at home) we were not scoring goals or winning games.
The boards have history ot this I remember making a comment when Renato Sanches signed...one if caution as the boards were praising the signing as if he were Messi....I took stick yet look at how that worked out.
Why is anyone who critiques but does so questioning what is happening without emotion and using data disloyal?
We kept and keep hearing the words time and transition...Martin used these phrases and was still using them 18 months into his time ag MK Don's.
we have witnessed 3 great wins in the last 4 games....the football played in those games is different to that we witnessed in the opening games of the season....the pundits have said it too yet many here still believe it's the same but that time has played it's part.....which brings me back to the opening thread of my post....its funny how people remember or saw things differently to how they actually were.

Criticism is accepted…. depending on who is receiving the critique.

Martin has a protection ring around him where anyone questioning any decision is some unreasonable anti-Swansea agitator

Cooper however was fair game to be slated despite winning game after game and improving things season on season. Funny how things work isn’t it.

Martin is no different to any other manager. I will criticise when it’s deserving, I will praise when it’s deserving and my track record on that is exemplary.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 12:22 - Oct 31 with 863 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 11:20 - Oct 31 by vetchonian

This.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 13:33 - Oct 31 with 795 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 10:50 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

My word, if half the cry babies every time we win can put me on ignore that would be bliss.

Contempt CONTEMPT for fellow fans.

Just incredible

And what's more,they are so unable to countenance opinion they ignore.

No opinions to differ then.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 13:48 - Oct 31 with 784 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 13:33 - Oct 31 by onehunglow

Contempt CONTEMPT for fellow fans.

Just incredible

And what's more,they are so unable to countenance opinion they ignore.

No opinions to differ then.

Indeed, I am amazed half the people on here follow this sport. It is built on differences of opinion, it is built on management and player learning and it is built on change.

All that suddenly seems like it’s now the epitome of hatred. This is why this game is so great.

Now unless you bend the knee and accept all poor tactical errors, naive set up and unwise choices are all part of some great divine plan by the holy one then you become public enemy number one.

Thankfully I have never cared much for peoples need for social obedience and will continue calling things as they are despite its current fashionable status and certainly won’t be buying into the pretence.

Win = praise. Keep losing = criticism. It really isn’t a formula needing the constant explanation as seems to be the case almost weekly on here.

People need to be big brave boys and girls and just accept the criticism when things are deserving of it. There will be much more to come this season without any shadow of doubt. As will there be praise. This is life, people really need to get used to it. Quite how they haven’t yet is astonishing.

At least I’m happy we won anyway while everyone else seems to be seething and spoiling for an argument.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:38 - Oct 31 with 751 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 13:48 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed, I am amazed half the people on here follow this sport. It is built on differences of opinion, it is built on management and player learning and it is built on change.

All that suddenly seems like it’s now the epitome of hatred. This is why this game is so great.

Now unless you bend the knee and accept all poor tactical errors, naive set up and unwise choices are all part of some great divine plan by the holy one then you become public enemy number one.

Thankfully I have never cared much for peoples need for social obedience and will continue calling things as they are despite its current fashionable status and certainly won’t be buying into the pretence.

Win = praise. Keep losing = criticism. It really isn’t a formula needing the constant explanation as seems to be the case almost weekly on here.

People need to be big brave boys and girls and just accept the criticism when things are deserving of it. There will be much more to come this season without any shadow of doubt. As will there be praise. This is life, people really need to get used to it. Quite how they haven’t yet is astonishing.

At least I’m happy we won anyway while everyone else seems to be seething and spoiling for an argument.

I'm loving life and my rediscovered love of football.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:40 - Oct 31 with 744 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:38 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

I'm loving life and my rediscovered love of football.

Excellent, you need to pass that on to the rest of the board.

The anger displayed by them towards others on the occasions we win is becoming a little concerning.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:44 - Oct 31 with 740 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:40 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Excellent, you need to pass that on to the rest of the board.

The anger displayed by them towards others on the occasions we win is becoming a little concerning.

I think everyone is happy, not seen anyone who isn't. Some a little too happy if I'm honest, still a long way to go.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:46 - Oct 31 with 736 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:44 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

I think everyone is happy, not seen anyone who isn't. Some a little too happy if I'm honest, still a long way to go.

Maybe perception isn’t your strong point then. Not a lot of celebrating going on, just an awful lot of myths being created in order to point fingers. Ruining what was a pretty joyous win, shame.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:54 - Oct 31 with 728 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:46 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Maybe perception isn’t your strong point then. Not a lot of celebrating going on, just an awful lot of myths being created in order to point fingers. Ruining what was a pretty joyous win, shame.

I'm very perceptive as it goes, think you are getting confused with people being happy with the result but calling you out, happy to point this out for you
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 14:57 - Oct 31 with 723 viewsNotLoyal

Looks like our esteemed leader has put a few faces out today, I got it, plenty don’t seem to.
Opinions that vary are always going to take some swallowing. I do know one thing though, he won’t give a monkeys what anyone thinks.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:57 - Oct 31 with 721 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:54 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

I'm very perceptive as it goes, think you are getting confused with people being happy with the result but calling you out, happy to point this out for you

Calling me out? What on earth for?

I have been correct from day 1.

- Said the approach wouldn’t work. It didn’t.
- Said we need to go more direct to be successful. We did and we did.
- Said we would win yesterday. We did.

Think you may be confused there. Happy to point that out to you.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 14:58 - Oct 31 with 721 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 09:23 - Oct 31 by NotLoyal

His old is Russ ?
Thirty five.
He’s dong the best job be witnessed at Swans for years

Might be, but i think Potter is years ahead a fantastic coach its a pity we couldnt hang on to him.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 14:59 - Oct 31 with 720 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 10:38 - Oct 31 by Brynmill_Jack

With his pace and Piroe’s deft touches they could definitely feed off one another. Could change a game around coming off the bench.

So what would be your line up if yo played both if all were fit?
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:01 - Oct 31 with 716 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:57 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Calling me out? What on earth for?

I have been correct from day 1.

- Said the approach wouldn’t work. It didn’t.
- Said we need to go more direct to be successful. We did and we did.
- Said we would win yesterday. We did.

Think you may be confused there. Happy to point that out to you.

You're definitely my favourite poster, you're unintentionally so funny 😆 😄
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 15:01 - Oct 31 with 714 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 14:57 - Oct 31 by NotLoyal

Looks like our esteemed leader has put a few faces out today, I got it, plenty don’t seem to.
Opinions that vary are always going to take some swallowing. I do know one thing though, he won’t give a monkeys what anyone thinks.

I think people are just backing their initially correct comments and noting how strange the atmosphere is after a win. Martin being praised by all quarters and then fingers getting pointed to comments made (quite correctly) when playing horrendously.

Nothing has changed from my perspective and no doubt the perspective of anyone else that criticised the early style of play.

Long may critique among the fan base continue and hope people continue with the courage to critique against the wave of optimistic hysteria if we run into similar performances again.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 15:46]

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 15:03 - Oct 31 with 712 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 14:58 - Oct 31 by krunchykarrot

Might be, but i think Potter is years ahead a fantastic coach its a pity we couldnt hang on to him.

Potter started a lot lower and took years before he was recognised. People,forget how young Martin is. On Potter, the Americans took the money for him, like they would in any deal at that time.
Nowadays they seem to carry a bit more vision.
Hence Russell Martin.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 15:06 - Oct 31 with 710 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 15:03 - Oct 31 by NotLoyal

Potter started a lot lower and took years before he was recognised. People,forget how young Martin is. On Potter, the Americans took the money for him, like they would in any deal at that time.
Nowadays they seem to carry a bit more vision.
Hence Russell Martin.

Think the Americans are doing a pretty good job at the moment to be fair.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:06 - Oct 31 with 706 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:01 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

You're definitely my favourite poster, you're unintentionally so funny 😆 😄

I will take that as you not having an answer for that then.

As I thought.

Once you break it down. It’s all just mythical finger pointing, as I said.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:09 - Oct 31 with 704 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:06 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

I will take that as you not having an answer for that then.

As I thought.

Once you break it down. It’s all just mythical finger pointing, as I said.

You didnt ask me anything ?
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:10 - Oct 31 with 700 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:09 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

You didnt ask me anything ?

There is two questions in the post you responded to.

Hence the “?”’s.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:16 - Oct 31 with 694 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:10 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

There is two questions in the post you responded to.

Hence the “?”’s.

Ah rite that post, there have been a few. Calling you out for backtracking I assume, not paid much notice, too happy. Problem you have is no-one likes arrogance and your posting style is very arrogant, people can either call you out on it or find you amusing.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:21 - Oct 31 with 689 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:16 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

Ah rite that post, there have been a few. Calling you out for backtracking I assume, not paid much notice, too happy. Problem you have is no-one likes arrogance and your posting style is very arrogant, people can either call you out on it or find you amusing.

Backtracking on what? Again you seem mistaken. Probably to do with the lack of attention you are admitting to paying.

If people don’t like me for being arrogant, that’s fine. I can accept that.

However calling me arrogant and suggesting I’m wrong in my comments aren’t the same thing. One is probably true, the other is nonsense, as everyone knows.

Here to help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024