Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 23:09 - Oct 24 with 19327 viewsNotLoyal

The beautiful land of Peterborough, caught up in the Soke of Northampton, this antique replica of something yet to be discovered, in original terms, a town, in every day terms a dodgy toe nail hanging on to the cleft pallet of a donkeys bum.

Oh, it’s what we do on here, it’s our way of welcoming our opponents.

The Posh
Although the present club did not come into being until 1934, the 'Posh' name first came to the fore a decade earlier, almost certainly stemming from Pat Tirrel, player manager of Fletton United, a previous user of the present club's London Road ground, who announced in close season of 1921 that he was looking for 'Posh players for a Posh team' to compete in the Northamptonshire League (later the United Counties League). Fletton, previously known as the 'Brickies,' re-formed as Peterborough and Fletton United in 1923 and both nicknames were in use through the 1920s, although supporters complained that 'Posh' references were sometimes used by newspapers in a derisory manner. Peterborough and Fletton United folded in 1932, the present club was formed two years later and a Midland League debut against Gainsborough Trinity on 1st September 1934 was greeted with cries of 'Up The Posh' from the crowd.

Did you know ?
Victoria ( my heads in my arse) Beckham challenged Peterborough United registering their club nickname as a trademark in 1998 ? It obviously didn’t work as they are still called The Posh today, and she is a washed up old deckchair.

Celebrity gimp, VIctoria Beckham who thinks she is bigger than a whole community

The Posh
Peterborough United are a small club that do cock waving splendidly well. They will see this game as a cup final against the divisions ‘pass masters’ After many seasons in the Premier League the swans have been targets for teams to play above themselves when they visit Wales. Such is the way clubs hold Swansea in high esteem. If it wasn’t for that the swans would have won all their games. They are favourites to win this game for sure. The people of Peterborough land are called gimps, and the town itself is recognised as one of the worst town's to live in. Voted by the very people who live there. Peterborough is actually in Canada.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56110/lee-trundle-scores

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56115/darren-ferguson-be

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56120/russell-martin-set

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56129

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56131/swansea-city-are-o

More to Follow

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:25 - Oct 31 with 1050 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:21 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Backtracking on what? Again you seem mistaken. Probably to do with the lack of attention you are admitting to paying.

If people don’t like me for being arrogant, that’s fine. I can accept that.

However calling me arrogant and suggesting I’m wrong in my comments aren’t the same thing. One is probably true, the other is nonsense, as everyone knows.

Here to help.

I've not said you've backtracked.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:26 - Oct 31 with 1043 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:25 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

I've not said you've backtracked.

Fantastic, we agree then.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:30 - Oct 31 with 1042 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:26 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Fantastic, we agree then.

Not on a lot prob. I don't read your short ball / Long ball, plan A, plan B posts. My barometer is, did I enjoy it, simple really.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 15:32]
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:34 - Oct 31 with 1030 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:30 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

Not on a lot prob. I don't read your short ball / Long ball, plan A, plan B posts. My barometer is, did I enjoy it, simple really.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 15:32]

Well have I said anything you disagree with, if so, what?

If you disagree because I’m wrong. How am I wrong?

Without the above it’s strange to assume to don’t agree.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:50 - Oct 31 with 1018 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:34 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Well have I said anything you disagree with, if so, what?

If you disagree because I’m wrong. How am I wrong?

Without the above it’s strange to assume to don’t agree.

You value result above performance, I value performance over result. I believe good performances will evolve into good results. I could see green shoots from day one of Martins term, you couldn't. How's that for a start of how I disagree with you.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:59 - Oct 31 with 993 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:50 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

You value result above performance, I value performance over result. I believe good performances will evolve into good results. I could see green shoots from day one of Martins term, you couldn't. How's that for a start of how I disagree with you.

Where have I said I value result over performance?

I think you mean “entertainment” don’t you? Not performance.

Performance and results are extremely linked, they essentially go hand in hand. You don’t get the best performing team being relegated.

So yes I value results over entertainment. I think it’s a terrible stance to put your own entertainment over the health and well-being of the club. If you disagree with that then that’s on you I guess.

As for green shoots. I said there was no future in the initial set up, hence why i critiqued it and suggested it needed changing - to what it is today. I was correct.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 16:01]

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:04 - Oct 31 with 989 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:59 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Where have I said I value result over performance?

I think you mean “entertainment” don’t you? Not performance.

Performance and results are extremely linked, they essentially go hand in hand. You don’t get the best performing team being relegated.

So yes I value results over entertainment. I think it’s a terrible stance to put your own entertainment over the health and well-being of the club. If you disagree with that then that’s on you I guess.

As for green shoots. I said there was no future in the initial set up, hence why i critiqued it and suggested it needed changing - to what it is today. I was correct.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 16:01]

You were doin fine until your last 3 words, then you turn into some sort of alternative viz character, "narcissistic norman" 😁
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:06 - Oct 31 with 983 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:04 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

You were doin fine until your last 3 words, then you turn into some sort of alternative viz character, "narcissistic norman" 😁

Well I’m glad today you learned the difference between performance and entertainment anyway.

This post was brought to you by the letter “P” and “E”.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:11 - Oct 31 with 980 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:06 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Well I’m glad today you learned the difference between performance and entertainment anyway.

This post was brought to you by the letter “P” and “E”.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:12 - Oct 31 with 974 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:11 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

🤣🤣🤣🤣

*takes a bow*

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:14 - Oct 31 with 969 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:12 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

*takes a bow*

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 16:17 - Oct 31 with 958 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 17:54 - Oct 31 with 889 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH on 14:59 - Oct 31 by krunchykarrot

So what would be your line up if yo played both if all were fit?

That’s a very difficult question!

The back five of yesterday with Ben coming in from time to time, especially against sides with more of an aerial threat. Hamer has been tremendous in fairness too.
I’d leave Grimes out (controversial I know) - play Downes , Nitcham, Paterson/Walsh/Obafemi to fight it out behind Piroe .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024