Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . 15:06 - Aug 22 with 36705 viewsCLAREMAN1995

A joke for the US based Rs but it might come through .QPR -2 Plymouth Argyle -0
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:22 - Aug 24 with 2561 viewsBeckenhamhoop

We’ve got to get in their faces in the second half. We’ve become passive again. So frustrating. I know he’s scored but I’d bring on Celar for Frey for a bit more pace and mobility.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:24 - Aug 24 with 2512 viewsderbyhoop

Need to up the intensity.
Even with 10 they are having all the possession.

I'd like to see Field and Madsen switching the play, so we run them into the ground..

Clear and Kolli after 65 minutes?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:26 - Aug 24 with 2407 viewsrbee

So far so good but we aren’t dominating the game at all. Hopefully Marti will set us up a bit differently in the second half to take advantage of the extra man.

Loving Frey’s work rate, even better than Lyndon’s.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:27 - Aug 24 with 2376 viewsGloucs_R

Rare chance to get to a game today.

Dembele looks mustard. Set pieces are really dangerous.

Frey working really hard up front. Good movement for his goal.

Saito needs to take the player on. Bit more confidence.

Madsen, a few great passes and a few wonky ones.

Left side of defence looks a bit weak.

Dunne constantly telling Smyth what to do

Great goal by them but we set it up nicely, it's came at a time they were just starting to get on top.

Enjoyable so far but need to move the ball much quicker

Poll: Are we staying up?

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:28 - Aug 24 with 2329 viewsMalintabuk

Strange half that. Stupid o'clock kick off... bloody drenched walking to the ground ....
Started the half like absolute world beaters... Dembele turns and proceeds on a 50 yard .... then plays a superb ball through to Smyth, who should have scored, but was forgiven as we finally mastered the dark arts of taking a corner to score
Then we sort of decided that was that and allowed Plymouth to take over.
They do play some nice football, and no matter what we think of the granny pulling shrek, he has got them playing some lovely stuff
The equaliser was on the cards, and was a worldly, even if Field miss controlled
Nice to see that other teams have a Colback equivalent.... absolutely brain dead to commit that where it was, no danger, no reason... brain dead. And really should be down to 9 after the forearm smash on Masden
Really should go on to win this... but it QPR and can see this finishing 1 -1
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:29 - Aug 24 with 2264 viewsNed_Kennedys

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:22 - Aug 24 by Beckenhamhoop

We’ve got to get in their faces in the second half. We’ve become passive again. So frustrating. I know he’s scored but I’d bring on Celar for Frey for a bit more pace and mobility.

I’d have Celar AND Frey and get some crosses into the box.
Need to be aggressive and go for it 2nd half.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:29 - Aug 24 with 2260 viewsdavman

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:18 - Aug 24 by Toast_R

Other than the first 6 minutes or so, QPR have been pretty shite IMO. Plymouth been much the better team, even with 10 men.

Apart from the first 5 minutes this has been another shocker to add to this season's list of shockers so far. Took them to the sword in those first five minutes, then a low block with everyone in our final third.

No where near this high press front foot Marti preaches. One man press in Frey and no-one else. Can't keep the ball and their left winger, Cissoko is running the show. Saito can't get on the ball today, glimpses of Dembele and Smyth, Field battling although he gave the ball away for their worldly equaliser.

Just not good enough really; we had them on the ropes and let them back into this.

God help us if they get the next goal.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:31 - Aug 24 with 2167 viewsstainrods_elbow

For me, although we've outshot them, Plymouth have been more cohesive and incisive, whuile we've played in little patches. Whittaker and Cissoko the best players on the field. Field is the biggest reason we've struggled in midfield, I'm afraid. Dembele was unlucky with his crossbar clip, but Saito and Smyth haven't got on the ball enough, so we've lacked attacking width. The team looks what it is - a work in progress.

As much a test of Cifuentes and Calm's ability to set us up to go one better than last season and win against 10 as the intensity of the players. We should, of course.
[Post edited 24 Aug 13:34]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:31 - Aug 24 with 2161 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Rough night on old bones and stomach just got up with 15 minutes to go in the first half so back to bed again to hope for the hangover cure.
Love our pace and intensity going forward .
Saito is having a come down to earth reality few minutes .
Maybe another penalty for us ignored by that small ref.
A serious chance to win this now I think its coming home 2-1
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:32 - Aug 24 with 2124 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:22 - Aug 24 by Beckenhamhoop

My stream's comms saying the same thing. Given that this was the issue against WBA, Marti needs to wake the team up by waking up himself.

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:32 - Aug 24 with 2133 viewsHooping_Mad

Good first 10mins, then we scored and sat back as usual.

Saito and Madsen have faded, field seems strangely off. I think we are trying to keep the ball away from Whittacker instead of pressing our own style.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:33 - Aug 24 with 2117 viewsnumptydumpty

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:29 - Aug 24 by davman

Apart from the first 5 minutes this has been another shocker to add to this season's list of shockers so far. Took them to the sword in those first five minutes, then a low block with everyone in our final third.

No where near this high press front foot Marti preaches. One man press in Frey and no-one else. Can't keep the ball and their left winger, Cissoko is running the show. Saito can't get on the ball today, glimpses of Dembele and Smyth, Field battling although he gave the ball away for their worldly equaliser.

Just not good enough really; we had them on the ropes and let them back into this.

God help us if they get the next goal.

Jeez

It is fun in your house

Some people can never ever see any positives

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:34 - Aug 24 with 2053 viewsMedwayR

I wonder if, like last season, some of our players are still building up fitness and therefore we're trying to control the pace of games and manage our intensity levels a bit.

Throw in the fact we've now got several players who need to adapt to the pace of the Championship too and maybe we need to expect our intensity to ebb and flow.

However, if we're trying to control the game we need to keep the ball better and close out space when we haven't got the ball.

Work in progress all round I'd say.

Poll: Who’s better?

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:36 - Aug 24 with 1966 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:29 - Aug 24 by Ned_Kennedys

I’d have Celar AND Frey and get some crosses into the box.
Need to be aggressive and go for it 2nd half.

You've got your wish!

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:36 - Aug 24 with 1964 viewsDiscodroids

Don't know if we can carry Dembele, Smyth and Saito in the team at the same time.

Collectively they're Lighter than a pack of Durex fetherlite Ultra thin.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:36 - Aug 24 with 1967 viewsCateLeBonR

We look like a team getting to know each other which is what we are. Plymouth playing quite well and deserve to be level but also quite lucky to be so. Sloppy from Field for the goal but a nice finish from Whittaker.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:39 - Aug 24 with 1870 viewsrbee

We have to cut the team some slack with so many new faces in the line up. It’s going to take a while to gel, Madsen has only been here for a day!

Having said that with Plymouth down to ten we should be winning the game but we have a whole half to achieve this.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:40 - Aug 24 with 1839 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:33 - Aug 24 by numptydumpty

Jeez

It is fun in your house

Some people can never ever see any positives

While it's not quite a 'shocker', Davman's precis is on the money for me. Something's not quite tickety boo if the comms are telling us Marti's going for a possession-based game while Argyle have had 60% of the ball in our cave.

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:40 - Aug 24 with 1838 viewsDamo1962

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:18 - Aug 24 by Toast_R

Other than the first 6 minutes or so, QPR have been pretty shite IMO. Plymouth been much the better team, even with 10 men.

Not looking good for sure. Need to get a grip in the middle...but we say that every week. They look stronger,fitter and faster than us. Madsen has been OK, but Saito needs pulling. It's all too much for him at the moment.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:48 - Aug 24 with 1614 viewsR_from_afar

A sustained spell of pressure from the good guys

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:48 - Aug 24 with 1601 viewsDylanP

Really like what we've seen of Dembele

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:48 - Aug 24 with 1597 viewsHooping_Mad

it's coming.

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:52 - Aug 24 with 1481 viewsDylanP

Three Pymouth substitutes being prepared

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:53 - Aug 24 with 1439 viewsHooping_Mad

He's left Edwards on, He's walking red at the moment.

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 13:54 - Aug 24 with 1382 viewsDiscodroids

that lairy joe edwards for plymouth has got more mouth than Aunt peg fellating dirk diggler on the set of 'Babyface'.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024