Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ 20:21 - Jan 26 with 3271 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Most Chances Created in the Championship this Season

1️⃣ Ilias Chair- 72- #QPR
2️⃣ James Bree- 60- #LTFC
➡️ Oliver Norwood- 60- #SUFC
4️⃣ John Swift- 59- #WBA
5️⃣ Ryan Manning- 56- #SWANS
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 20:45 - Jan 26 with 2573 viewsParkRoyalR

Be interested to see background to these stats, for example, do they include corners delivered into the box?

Just cannot fathom these stats, especially Ryan Manning creating 56 chances playing in defence, and to think how he's derided on this forum.
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 20:51 - Jan 26 with 2539 viewsLoyalitat

He's to blame for most of our ills. It's his fault that we have a centre forward to whom only a certain type of cross and pass can be played for him to be moderately effective.

Ilias doesn't do anything worthy of note, even though he is widely respected by his fellow peers, Norwood's recent comments on another thread being a case in point.

[Post edited 26 Jan 2023 21:42]
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 21:00 - Jan 26 with 2506 viewsdaveB

How many of those are created for himself?

I love Chair but last few months he's been well below his best
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 21:11 - Jan 26 with 2478 viewsaston_hoop

I'm honestly convinced Ilias is the most 'taken for granted' player in my time watching QPR. We hold him to such a high standard that when he isn't putting in a 9 out of 10 performance, we think its a 5 out of 10 if that makes sense. There have been games recently where I've read that he's been poor and I've thought if that performance was a lad we've never heard of making his debut, we'd be raving about him. I've seen him run around chasing balls to such a degree that if Dom Ball did it, we'd have a 10 page thread about how much heart he plays with and how vital to the team he is. Excellent player.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 21:21 - Jan 26 with 2436 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 21:11 - Jan 26 by aston_hoop

I'm honestly convinced Ilias is the most 'taken for granted' player in my time watching QPR. We hold him to such a high standard that when he isn't putting in a 9 out of 10 performance, we think its a 5 out of 10 if that makes sense. There have been games recently where I've read that he's been poor and I've thought if that performance was a lad we've never heard of making his debut, we'd be raving about him. I've seen him run around chasing balls to such a degree that if Dom Ball did it, we'd have a 10 page thread about how much heart he plays with and how vital to the team he is. Excellent player.

Could not agree more. That no fcker puts them away is not his fault.
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 21:21 - Jan 26 with 2432 viewsParkRoyalR

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 20:51 - Jan 26 by Loyalitat

He's to blame for most of our ills. It's his fault that we have a centre forward to whom only a certain type of cross and pass can be played for him to be moderately effective.

Ilias doesn't do anything worthy of note, even though he is widely respected by his fellow peers, Norwood's recent comments on another thread being a case in point.

Now, now, or maybe he needs coaching to play with his head-up and stop taking too many touches as it is slowing down our attacking play as it did against Swansea.

Great lad but if he is on £10k per week as other thread, surprise someone hasn't come in to double his wages and offer £3m+ if he really is one of the top players in the Championship.
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 21:22 - Jan 26 with 2432 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 20:51 - Jan 26 by Loyalitat

Well he's either scored or assisted 33% of all our league goals. That's noteworthy I think.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2023 21:23]
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 23:02 - Jan 26 with 2151 viewsqprd

Totally spot on

What do fans want him to do? he plays in a free role and picks up the ball all over the pitch, including dropping back very deep to collect the ball when the ball is stagnating side to side

He dribbles. He links up with teammates (who, by the way, bar willock and roberts (when hes on song) do not have the technical ability to play with him). He picks the ball up in pockets. His passing is very good. He can score all kinds of goals with the ball at his feet, from distance strikes to also opportunistically in the box.

Most of all, he is absolutely relentless in defense and is a one man press. When all our other forwards started slowing down last week at the end of the match, Chair continued pressing effectively.

Sure, his corner taking is awful and he holds onto the ball too long at times. But he is easily our best player, and i also agree the most un-appreciated QPR player ive seen in a while

It says something that top players in the division like Pukki and Norwood rate him so highly. Conversely, it says a lot about the people who dont rate and how much they understand what they're watching.....
Login to get fewer ads

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 23:28 - Jan 26 with 2092 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 00:01 - Jan 27 with 2010 viewsParkRoyalR

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 23:02 - Jan 26 by qprd

Totally spot on

What do fans want him to do? he plays in a free role and picks up the ball all over the pitch, including dropping back very deep to collect the ball when the ball is stagnating side to side

He dribbles. He links up with teammates (who, by the way, bar willock and roberts (when hes on song) do not have the technical ability to play with him). He picks the ball up in pockets. His passing is very good. He can score all kinds of goals with the ball at his feet, from distance strikes to also opportunistically in the box.

Most of all, he is absolutely relentless in defense and is a one man press. When all our other forwards started slowing down last week at the end of the match, Chair continued pressing effectively.

Sure, his corner taking is awful and he holds onto the ball too long at times. But he is easily our best player, and i also agree the most un-appreciated QPR player ive seen in a while

It says something that top players in the division like Pukki and Norwood rate him so highly. Conversely, it says a lot about the people who dont rate and how much they understand what they're watching.....

Would you include in the list of those who don't know what they are watching the managers, scouts and recruitment analysts of 30+ English clubs alone with a bigger budget than us who are yet to make an offer for his services?

This is the one and most meaningful stat, what the market values you at, and to date, there's hardly been a frenzy of bids to take a player off our hands who's on £10k a week.

Good player but for me he hasn't stepped up to the next level he's capable of due to an inherent flaw in his play and could be filed under a long list of players at ours (Nigel Quarsie, Richard Langley. Matt Philips etc) who should have moved on a level and didn't for whatever reason.
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 00:36 - Jan 27 with 1957 viewsqueensparker

100%.

He’s been consistently outstanding for years now, never hides, v rarely injured, we’re transparently less of a team when he’s not playing, a great ambassador for the club, widely praised by opposition players and pundits, part of a World Cup last four squad.

Amid a sea of disappointments and loans and mercenaries and bottlers he’s been a shining light.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2023 0:51]
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 06:30 - Jan 27 with 1784 viewsnumptydumpty

Wow. Would not have guessed top of created chances.

Does this though include chances he has created for himself.

Because yes he often does try to do everything as well as take the shot on.

Apart from trying beat a man ten times and his crosses, corners rarely beating the first man, he possesses high energy throughout the game and is never one to shirk responsibility and plays totally for the team and is MOST definitely a team man and if his two slight flaws were overcome, he would not be with us. He would be plying his trade at a mid table premiership outfit.

Great player for our level and has great respect for the Rangers brand also.

He will definitely do for me !!!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2023 6:33]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 07:18 - Jan 27 with 1729 viewsDorse

I like him. Even when he's out of form, he's still better than most. It's not that long ago we were getting excited over signings like Adam Bolder: we should count our blessings here.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 08:06 - Jan 27 with 1658 viewstraininvain

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 00:01 - Jan 27 by ParkRoyalR

Would you include in the list of those who don't know what they are watching the managers, scouts and recruitment analysts of 30+ English clubs alone with a bigger budget than us who are yet to make an offer for his services?

This is the one and most meaningful stat, what the market values you at, and to date, there's hardly been a frenzy of bids to take a player off our hands who's on £10k a week.

Good player but for me he hasn't stepped up to the next level he's capable of due to an inherent flaw in his play and could be filed under a long list of players at ours (Nigel Quarsie, Richard Langley. Matt Philips etc) who should have moved on a level and didn't for whatever reason.

Plenty of good players in our league haven’t been picked up by bigger clubs. Willock, Weimann, Barlaser, Norwood, Grimes etc. All good Championship players imo and Chair’s in the same category. If we had a few more like Chair, we’d have a better chance of getting out of this league.

And bigger club interest isn’t a particularly useful metric to make a judgment on a player’s value to their club as a) the market for big money Championship signings is shot to pieces and b) Chair’s inherent value to QPR is his ability and skill set compared to our other options in his position and he’s streets ahead.

Be careful what you wish for!
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 08:38 - Jan 27 with 1588 viewsswisscottage

I'm one of Ilias' biggest fans. I love him to bits.

However you can acknowledge how much he provides the team, in terms of work rate, assists, goals, and entertainment whilst also saying he could be so much better.

In fact given the major flaw in his game in relation to his decision making and not looking up, it is seriously scary how good he really could be.

If he resolved those two flaws he'd be playing the premiership and be worth an 8 figure sum comfortably.

This is what frustrates people so much and causes the glass half empty folks to get on his back without praising him for what he does bring, which he doesn't deserve in the slightest.
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 08:47 - Jan 27 with 1564 viewsswitchingcode

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 00:01 - Jan 27 by ParkRoyalR

Every time I’ve seen him play including against my side he’s been one of the best players on the pitch so I’m surprised he hasn’t been targeted by other clubs.
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 08:50 - Jan 27 with 1552 viewsgazza1

Chair is well worth his place in the side, yes he can do too much on occasions with regard to dribbling too much, holding the ball too long, etc, etc but I would still prefer him 'in' than 'out'......stats do not actually give realistic information, it can be most misleading.
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 09:40 - Jan 27 with 1443 viewsTheChef

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 08:38 - Jan 27 by swisscottage

I'm one of Ilias' biggest fans. I love him to bits.

However you can acknowledge how much he provides the team, in terms of work rate, assists, goals, and entertainment whilst also saying he could be so much better.

In fact given the major flaw in his game in relation to his decision making and not looking up, it is seriously scary how good he really could be.

If he resolved those two flaws he'd be playing the premiership and be worth an 8 figure sum comfortably.

This is what frustrates people so much and causes the glass half empty folks to get on his back without praising him for what he does bring, which he doesn't deserve in the slightest.

I think he was resolving those flaws while Beale was here and before going to the World Cup. But since then he's gone backwards again, don't know why.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 10:12 - Jan 27 with 1338 viewsfrancisbowles

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 09:40 - Jan 27 by TheChef

I think he was resolving those flaws while Beale was here and before going to the World Cup. But since then he's gone backwards again, don't know why.

Maybe because the team has been struggling for results and he then tries too hard, also Willock has been missing to take some of the pressure off him.
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 10:41 - Jan 27 with 1274 viewsTheChef

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 10:12 - Jan 27 by francisbowles

Maybe because the team has been struggling for results and he then tries too hard, also Willock has been missing to take some of the pressure off him.

He'd started to get his head up and use the ball earlier, was making a real difference.

But Saturday was like back to the bad old days - plenty of effort but would hold on to the ball for far too long.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 10:55 - Jan 27 with 1238 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sometimes I think he tries to be too precise and wants to play the perfect ball, when actually, sometimes you just want to get it in the box early. I don't agree at all with the 'head down' stuff - I think he sees the pass, but too often decides against making it.

I remember when Charlie came back, he used to really have a go at Illy for not doing it, and I think he improved a lot under Charlie's influence. But I also think when the team struggles he puts extra pressure on himself to drag the team along. I'm sure it'll improve again, he's a diamond.

Bare bones.

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 12:04 - Jan 27 with 1151 viewsngbqpr

That's a 20% lead over Bree (who Jones is looking at taking to Southampton) and Norwood (who looked ok in the Prem). That's some going.

If scouts from bigger clubs don't see this...or don't think the 'head down' flaw would quickly be rectified by either their manager, or by Chair doing it less when playing with better players / options - more fool them.

I'll continue to cherish him for every minute he's here.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 12:17 - Jan 27 with 1128 viewsBAWHoops

He's very obviously our best player for all the reasons everyone has listed.

He'll be off in the summer and is going to end up being a massive bargain for someone when he only costs them £6m

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 12:45 - Jan 27 with 1081 views00calben

Good championship player. No more no less
‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 12:57 - Jan 27 with 1054 viewsstanistheman

‘iLiAs ChAiR dOeSn’T dO AnYtHiNg’ on 23:02 - Jan 26 by qprd

Totally spot on

I am dismayed at how some fans fail to appreciate our better players.
Yes, he can be infuriating when his corners are poor or if he doesn’t always look up and play a player in, but the amount of work he does or goals he scored and creates more than make up for his errors.

When he doesn’t play we have far less creativity. I know it was Burnley, but what did we create without him , or what about next to zero at Preston when he was on world Cup duty?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024