Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton, Stick or twist? 19:06 - Apr 2 with 72461 viewsRangersDave

Ok, so we arent doing as well as most of us thought we would.

However, we all know we should have had a new striker in during the last window, but didnt and this appears it might have been a mistake.

If form continues the way it is, Stoke etc will beat us, and we will be almost where we were last season......ergo no real improvement, and a squad thats fat, old, lazy, or comtractually obliged to play every game.

However, next season will need more players, as some will be leaving us, so who do you want to pick those players and next seasons formations?

So, do we keep Warburton (Stick) or do we get rid (twist)

I will start this........ Twist

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:45 - Apr 25 with 3194 viewsqueensparker

I just think we lost our bottle, simple. The minute we got into a winning position we fell apart.

Addressing that is the issue: leaders on the pitch, leaders of the pitch, players front and back who can lead and take risks. The second we looked like hitting second the whole team stopped looking forward and the titting about for hours and channel long balls started.

We also lost our two best players Willock and Dieng, the heart of the team.

I’d give Warbuton the chance to set that right rather than go back to square one
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:04 - Apr 27 with 2704 viewsaston_hoop

Little interview with Sir Les here. Sitting down at the end of the season to discuss it

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cc3fOu0j8PO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:29 - Apr 27 with 2635 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:04 - Apr 27 by aston_hoop

Little interview with Sir Les here. Sitting down at the end of the season to discuss it

hard to know what to make of that, makes it sound like we are going to change one minute then maybe sticking the next.

Positive to hear they want to keep as many of the squad together as possible

Will be an interesting summer that's for sure
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:53 - Apr 27 with 2538 viewspaulparker

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:45 - Apr 25 by queensparker

I just think we lost our bottle, simple. The minute we got into a winning position we fell apart.

Addressing that is the issue: leaders on the pitch, leaders of the pitch, players front and back who can lead and take risks. The second we looked like hitting second the whole team stopped looking forward and the titting about for hours and channel long balls started.

We also lost our two best players Willock and Dieng, the heart of the team.

I’d give Warbuton the chance to set that right rather than go back to square one

Our leaders seem to be Barbet , Austin, SJ & Wallace , the first three seem very p1ssed off and a shell of themselves as players , something has gone off in that dressing room and Warburton is a goner imo

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:10 - Apr 27 with 2486 viewsdavman

Thanks for posting that. REALLY good interview from the Moose there; even though he is West Ham, he came out and said that he and many QPR fans would wonder why they changed manager if they were going down that path.

Also, Sir Les fielded the Qs really well.

Gonna be an interesting few weeks...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 04:02 - Apr 28 with 2305 viewsDixie_CT

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:10 - Apr 27 by davman

Thanks for posting that. REALLY good interview from the Moose there; even though he is West Ham, he came out and said that he and many QPR fans would wonder why they changed manager if they were going down that path.

Also, Sir Les fielded the Qs really well.

Gonna be an interesting few weeks...

I thought Les’s responses were not that insightful, especially the part around 2mins 45 secs.

“If we make a change, we make a change” what logic is that?

“If people don’t understand it they don’t understand it and I would understand them not understanding it” wtf? Why would you understand it?

“I suppose it will be or whoever decides will need to come out and explain it” so the DoF doesn’t know who makes the decision on sacking the manager?

“Decisions are in the best interests of Queen’s Park Rangers” thanks, I thought they were in the interests of Lincoln Red Imps FC of the Gibraltar National League!!

This reeks of incompetence and confusion. Will Warburton be happy with this sort of response? Given some of his previous history, he may decide to walk before being scapegoated.

One question I would have asked, who is responsible for recruiting a strike ‘force’ of Dykes, Gray and Austin? And have they done enough this season? That isn’t a loaded question just an area we should review and improve on for next season.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 07:34 - Apr 28 with 2153 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 04:02 - Apr 28 by Dixie_CT

I thought Les’s responses were not that insightful, especially the part around 2mins 45 secs.

“If people don’t understand it they don’t understand it and I would understand them not understanding it” wtf? Why would you understand it?

“I suppose it will be or whoever decides will need to come out and explain it” so the DoF doesn’t know who makes the decision on sacking the manager?

“Decisions are in the best interests of Queen’s Park Rangers” thanks, I thought they were in the interests of Lincoln Red Imps FC of the Gibraltar National League!!

This reeks of incompetence and confusion. Will Warburton be happy with this sort of response? Given some of his previous history, he may decide to walk before being scapegoated.

One question I would have asked, who is responsible for recruiting a strike ‘force’ of Dykes, Gray and Austin? And have they done enough this season? That isn’t a loaded question just an area we should review and improve on for next season.

Agreed, I thought that was dreadful. It’s pretty obvious that he was going to be asked about the manager and that’s the best he can come up with? Either it hasn’t occurred to him that he will be asked, or it has and he hasn’t bothered to think about what to say, or, even worse, he has and that’s the best he can do.

It sounds to me that they want to make a change, but know they don’t have many options because of the financial constraints (again, a point appallingly made). It came across as they don’t want to keep the manager but he’s cheap so he might have to do. If I was MW hearing that I would tell him where to go.

I remain convinced LF is part of the problem here.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:05 - Apr 28 with 2060 viewsPhildo

A lot of the answers are effectively stalling and maybe you should avoid interviews when you are in a period of at least public uncertainty. I would not be very happy if I was the manager listening to it. That being said often clubs pretend everything is fine right up until the point they fire the bullet- there seems to have been a lot of ominous pre-warning here.

In his defence it would be pretty hard for someone in his role not to say they were disappointed by the final third of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:23 - Apr 28 with 1987 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought the interview was fine, though maybe best avoided in the overall scheme of things.

As to his answers, he just repeated Hoos's comments. The problem with any interview is that all answers will be the subject of scrutiny and, as all of us humans are different, our scrutiny will lead to different interpretations. So, maybe best avoided in the first instance then.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:30 - Apr 28 with 1961 viewsLblock

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 04:02 - Apr 28 by Dixie_CT

On your final paragraph about the strike "force" you're missing the key joker in that pack.... Mr Jaffa Cake Bonne himself.

Whoever is responsible for that transfer needs more than sacking - public flogging is too good for 'em!!!

There's a fallacy that we can develop talent at this club as well, and that Warburton is key to it.
We don't have a recognized conveyourbelt from the youth / U23's etc; in fact I've been told first hand by someone who's son left only to be signed by a Premiership club the youth level is chaos.
Our key is signing raw diamonds and polishing them - Willock a classic example.

Whoever is responsible for signing Willock and coaching a better attitude and strength into him needs a medal.

Clearly both these people could be the same person so I'd have the medal awarded to them whilst they are being publicly flogged.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:37 - Apr 28 with 1920 viewsTheChef

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:30 - Apr 28 by Lblock

On your final paragraph about the strike "force" you're missing the key joker in that pack.... Mr Jaffa Cake Bonne himself.

Whoever is responsible for that transfer needs more than sacking - public flogging is too good for 'em!!!

There's a fallacy that we can develop talent at this club as well, and that Warburton is key to it.
We don't have a recognized conveyourbelt from the youth / U23's etc; in fact I've been told first hand by someone who's son left only to be signed by a Premiership club the youth level is chaos.
Our key is signing raw diamonds and polishing them - Willock a classic example.

Whoever is responsible for signing Willock and coaching a better attitude and strength into him needs a medal.

Clearly both these people could be the same person so I'd have the medal awarded to them whilst they are being publicly flogged.

Sorry if I missed it but why is he 'Jaffa Cake' Bonne?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:48 - Apr 28 with 1883 viewsBAWHoops

FWIW I know someone who played at the Golf day.
They had a good chat with Les (who they know) and their impression was that he was really disappointed, but Warbs would likely stay on as our underlying stats haven't deviated that much.
They know what the squad needs this summer as well (everything we've all discussed on here), but we have to sell to raise the funds to do it

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:11 - Apr 28 with 1816 viewsTheChef

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:48 - Apr 28 by BAWHoops

They had a good chat with Les (who they know) and their impression was that he was really disappointed, but Warbs would likely stay on as our underlying stats haven't deviated that much.
They know what the squad needs this summer as well (everything we've all discussed on here), but we have to sell to raise the funds to do it

Sounds about right.

Only question for me is whether Warburton wants to continue.

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:19 - Apr 28 with 1782 viewsBAWHoops

Now WLS reporting he's off. Shows what I know eh!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:21 - Apr 28 with 1758 viewsjohnhoop

Bearing in mind the financial circumstances I can see the logic in us having to sell to get what the squad needs ( presumably by “what we’ve discussed on here” you’re referring to pacy wing-backs and strikers). The conundrum is that if we do this we’re going to have to replace the players we’ve sold as well (presumably Willock and Dieng) if we’re going to stand any chance of being top half of the table, so it becomes something of a vicious circle to which there is no obvious answer.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:22 - Apr 28 with 1755 viewsTheChef

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:19 - Apr 28 by BAWHoops

Now WLS reporting he's off. Shows what I know eh!

Indeed, me neither

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-confirms-he-is-set-to-leave-qpr

Although, if he's offered a new contract, will he accept?

Overall tone suggests he's going though.

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:27 - Apr 28 with 1690 viewsRangersw12

Seems like he's off then so god knows who we will get in next

Give it 6 months and the usual suspects on here will start moaning about the same things and want that manager replaced aswell
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:30 - Apr 28 with 1664 viewsE17hoop

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:22 - Apr 28 by TheChef

Indeed, me neither

FWIW I think this is a mistake.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:32 - Apr 28 with 1644 viewsDixie_CT

Indeed, me neither

Crazy decision, Scapegoated.

Warburton has done his job of getting the tram ready and competitive well and he should remain in post on the basis of his performance.

The gamble on making the play offs this season by investing in the likes of Austin and Johansen, and the subsequent failure of that decision, doesn’t lay solely with Warburton.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:33 - Apr 28 with 1638 viewsAberystwythR

Indeed, me neither

If this is true I hope its officially announced before tomorrow night so that we can give him a proper send off, best manager since Warnock and dare I say even Warnock wouldn't have been able to rebuild the club from what is was like Warbs has...
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:51 - Apr 28 with 1512 viewswombat

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:33 - Apr 28 by AberystwythR

If this is true I hope its officially announced before tomorrow night so that we can give him a proper send off, best manager since Warnock and dare I say even Warnock wouldn't have been able to rebuild the club from what is was like Warbs has...

not supprised to be honest ,

hello sean dyche

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:55 - Apr 28 with 1480 viewsNorthernr

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:51 - Apr 28 by wombat

hello sean dyche

Dyche was apparently on north of £3m a year at Burnley, and would be fav for whichever Premier League struggler sacks their boss first next season. Might be wrong but he's not in my 'realistic alternative' pile.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:56 - Apr 28 with 1473 viewsBostonR

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:51 - Apr 28 by wombat

hello sean dyche

I would have thought Dyche is Watford bound? Is the Warburton decision a football one or has something gone on behind closed doors - it does not add up in my mind.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:57 - Apr 28 with 1462 viewshamptonhillhoop

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:30 - Apr 28 by E17hoop

FWIW I think this is a mistake.

Me too,
In all this Warburton talk, no-one is coming up with a sensible, or better, replacement
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:58 - Apr 28 with 1454 viewssparkey

Whatever happens lets belt out 'Warburtons Blue army' tomo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024