Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keeper crisis 07:57 - Jan 9 with 17694 viewsdmm

It must be odds on that Archer is out for a while with his shoulder injury. If so, does Warburton turn to Walsh, recall Barnes (if he can) or look for a short term loan to fill the gap until Dieng returns?

My feeling is a short term loan is the way to go. There must be a PL or Championship club with a decent squad keeper who wants game time.

As a rookie 19 year old I wouldn't expect Walsh to be ready to play half a dozen Championship games. Barnes simply isn't good enough.
Keeper crisis on 12:00 - Jan 10 with 2545 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'd give the lad a chance.

He may thrive or it may be a rocky mountain way.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Keeper crisis on 12:13 - Jan 10 with 2460 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Keeper crisis on 12:00 - Jan 10 by Metallica_Hoop

I'd give the lad a chance.

He may thrive or it may be a rocky mountain way.

Even if we do start Walsh for a few games we’ll still need to sign someone else to replace Archer.

The West Brom lad was very popular at Brentford and I seem to remember him always playing well against us. It would be a very Warburton signing. In fact I’d say Button sounds Tailor made for us!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Keeper crisis on 12:41 - Jan 10 with 2332 viewsdmm

Keeper crisis on 12:13 - Jan 10 by CliveWilsonSaid

Even if we do start Walsh for a few games we’ll still need to sign someone else to replace Archer.

The West Brom lad was very popular at Brentford and I seem to remember him always playing well against us. It would be a very Warburton signing. In fact I’d say Button sounds Tailor made for us!

I agree. In fact, he deserves his own thread.
Keeper crisis on 12:42 - Jan 10 with 2330 viewsactonman

Putting 2 and 2 together - Darren Randolph set to go on loan to villa with villa keeper Jed steer set to go out on loan to an elf club ??
Keeper crisis on 12:58 - Jan 10 with 2249 viewsLoftgirl

Keeper crisis on 12:42 - Jan 10 by actonman

Putting 2 and 2 together - Darren Randolph set to go on loan to villa with villa keeper Jed steer set to go out on loan to an elf club ??

Who else plays for the elf club?
Keeper crisis on 13:12 - Jan 10 with 2189 viewsthemodfather

a name that came up to me, when talking to another qpr fan was Joe hart, surely wasting time at burnley? and would do a job for us for a month!
Keeper crisis on 13:12 - Jan 10 with 2185 viewsgazza1

Keeper crisis on 12:58 - Jan 10 by Loftgirl

Who else plays for the elf club?

Do you ever post anything that is remotely to do with football or is it just childish/silly type stuff.....just wondering because I have not seen any of it!!!!
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 13:13]
Keeper crisis on 13:14 - Jan 10 with 2178 viewsthorpebankR

Keeper crisis on 13:12 - Jan 10 by themodfather

a name that came up to me, when talking to another qpr fan was Joe hart, surely wasting time at burnley? and would do a job for us for a month!

Think Celtic may have something to say about that!
Login to get fewer ads

Keeper crisis on 13:15 - Jan 10 with 2173 viewsaston_hoop

Keeper crisis on 13:12 - Jan 10 by themodfather

Joined Celtic in the summer and playing regularly

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Keeper crisis on 13:47 - Jan 10 with 2085 viewsQPR_Jim

I'd play Walsh, it's only short term (6 games?) So I would imagine that it would be expensive to get someone in just for those games. So long as he's a reasonable shot stopper and can play out from the back, we can adapt as a team to give him more protection if needed.
Keeper crisis on 13:54 - Jan 10 with 2053 viewsactonman

Keeper crisis on 13:47 - Jan 10 by QPR_Jim

I'd play Walsh, it's only short term (6 games?) So I would imagine that it would be expensive to get someone in just for those games. So long as he's a reasonable shot stopper and can play out from the back, we can adapt as a team to give him more protection if needed.

Still need cover for Walsh though , got some important games coming thick and fast
Keeper crisis on 13:55 - Jan 10 with 2042 viewsEsox_Lucius

Keeper crisis on 13:54 - Jan 10 by actonman

Still need cover for Walsh though , got some important games coming thick and fast

Max Little?

The grass is always greener.

Keeper crisis on 13:59 - Jan 10 with 2022 viewsBklynRanger

I'd have Walsh as the cover and try to get someone in. But that's without knowing how he's been doing in training and how ready he seems.

He'll obviously know our style and pattern of play better than a loanee. Just seems like a bit of a risk at a critical moment. But - if he's ready then great.
Keeper crisis on 14:00 - Jan 10 with 2014 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Keeper crisis on 13:54 - Jan 10 by actonman

Agreed. There’s absolutely no way we’ll be playing this run of games with one unproven goalkeeper in the squad.

Keeper crisis on 14:09 - Jan 10 with 1970 viewsRBlock

Keeper crisis on 19:24 - Jan 9 by silky

I remember when most of us thought Senny wasn't ready when he was thrusted into first team action! How wrong were we!

Give Walsh a chance, these players need to see light at the end of the tunnel for first team opportunities.

I don't recall anyone saying Seny wasn't ready? IIRC, Lumley was looking shaky following his boot to the head, whilst Seny was out on loan putting in very decent displays at Dundee & Donny; if anything there was a clamour for him to start.
Keeper crisis on 14:16 - Jan 10 with 1931 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Keeper crisis on 14:09 - Jan 10 by RBlock

I don't recall anyone saying Seny wasn't ready? IIRC, Lumley was looking shaky following his boot to the head, whilst Seny was out on loan putting in very decent displays at Dundee & Donny; if anything there was a clamour for him to start.

Yes. Seny had been knocking around for a while and in his mid 20s. Walsh is 19. I hope he plays on Saturday but we need to bring in at least one experienced keeper.

Keeper crisis on 14:16 - Jan 10 with 1925 viewsgazza1

Keeper crisis on 19:24 - Jan 9 by silky

I remember when most of us thought Senny wasn't ready when he was thrusted into first team action! How wrong were we!

Give Walsh a chance, these players need to see light at the end of the tunnel for first team opportunities.

I was concerned when the talk was about Senny starting in our first 11 but he has been good apart from a couple of dodgy moments......big step for him which has has taken with both hands.
Keeper crisis on 16:24 - Jan 10 with 1723 viewsTheChef

Keeper crisis on 13:12 - Jan 10 by gazza1

Do you ever post anything that is remotely to do with football or is it just childish/silly type stuff.....just wondering because I have not seen any of it!!!!
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 13:13]

Get a room, you two.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Keeper crisis on 16:24 - Jan 10 with 1716 viewsBakes

I’ve just heard David Marshall on emergency loan

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Keeper crisis on 16:28 - Jan 10 with 1692 viewsgazza1

Keeper crisis on 16:24 - Jan 10 by TheChef

Get a room, you two.

Keeper crisis on 16:39 - Jan 10 with 1613 viewsthehat

Joe Walsh for me - He knew this scenario might occur and has no doubt been training with the team.

Could be the making of him.
Keeper crisis on 16:45 - Jan 10 with 1583 viewsgazza1

Keeper crisis on 16:24 - Jan 10 by Bakes

Who is that???
Keeper crisis on 17:02 - Jan 10 with 1529 viewsBklynRanger

Keeper crisis on 16:24 - Jan 10 by Bakes

No shortage of experience that's for sure.
Keeper crisis on 17:03 - Jan 10 with 1513 viewsHAYESBOY

Keeper crisis on 16:45 - Jan 10 by gazza1

Who is that???

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/david-marshall/profil/spieler/9500

Didn't know he was at Derby.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Keeper crisis on 17:52 - Jan 10 with 1371 viewsdmm

Marshall put in some excellent performances for Scotland in recent years. At 36 he's in his footballing twilight years but, if he's coming, we could do worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024