Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keeper crisis 07:57 - Jan 9 with 17693 viewsdmm

It must be odds on that Archer is out for a while with his shoulder injury. If so, does Warburton turn to Walsh, recall Barnes (if he can) or look for a short term loan to fill the gap until Dieng returns?

My feeling is a short term loan is the way to go. There must be a PL or Championship club with a decent squad keeper who wants game time.

As a rookie 19 year old I wouldn't expect Walsh to be ready to play half a dozen Championship games. Barnes simply isn't good enough.
Keeper crisis on 14:55 - Jan 9 with 3587 viewsLazyFan

Keeper crisis on 14:19 - Jan 9 by hoops_legend

It's good Seny gets to play, was worried he would just sit on bench whole tournament benefitting no one

Does this mean he will get a winners medal even if Mendy comes back and they win it?

This would really be awesome if that happens and well deserved. Of ie he does a great job could get to the final and increase his value.

Well take £20m and that Willock brother you ain't playing. QPR us? oh no we are retro QPR, you must pay muchness now.

zzzzzzzzzz

Keeper crisis on 14:56 - Jan 9 with 3576 viewsLazyFan

Keeper crisis on 14:30 - Jan 9 by Logman

Don't know about Westwood but Camp wouldn't not be sharp enough in my opinion. Walsh has done well in training by all accounts so would prefer to see him given a go.

Westwood is KAK and one of the many reasons he was let go and Sheff Wed went down. He cannot even kick the ball properly and barely can make any saves. There is a reason he cannot even get a pro contract anywhere.

Camp is old but you know what you get and useful for penalty saves. Camp on a 2 month contract I think would be a smart move for all parties.

zzzzzzzzzz

Keeper crisis on 15:13 - Jan 9 with 3500 viewsE17hoop

Had a thought this morning - if Archer hadn't saved the pen and had been injured, would we have been allowed to sub in a keeper for the ongoing penalties?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Keeper crisis on 15:16 - Jan 9 with 3490 viewsjohncharles

Lee Camp would be well worth considering. He’d get a huge welcome at HQ and that could be very important. I’m all for giving Walsh his chance but if that doesn’t go well for any reason it would be great to have Lee around.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 15:19]

Strong and stable my arse.

Keeper crisis on 15:38 - Jan 9 with 3398 viewsdistortR

Keeper crisis on 15:13 - Jan 9 by E17hoop

Had a thought this morning - if Archer hadn't saved the pen and had been injured, would we have been allowed to sub in a keeper for the ongoing penalties?

Is Remy available for the play offs?!
Keeper crisis on 15:40 - Jan 9 with 3386 viewsPeterHucker

Camp and Westwood were both very good keepers in their day.
But their day was quite a while ago now, they're both well past it now.
Camp quite often a bit of a liability at Birmingham in recent years.

I'd say play this Walsh lad and trust Warburton, Banfield, Ramsey and co to use their knowledge to find us a decent backup keeper for the bench.
Keeper crisis on 16:01 - Jan 9 with 3304 viewsQPRSteve

Keeper crisis on 15:40 - Jan 9 by PeterHucker

I'd say play this Walsh lad and trust Warburton, Banfield, Ramsey and co to use their knowledge to find us a decent backup keeper for the bench.

When I saw you posting, I thought you were going to offer your own services.
Keeper crisis on 16:34 - Jan 9 with 3163 viewsaston_hoop

Archer has posted on thanks on Twitter and says he'll be supporting the boys on his road to recovery. Suggests he is out for a bit then, got to start Walsh I think. See where he's at with his development.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Keeper crisis on 16:43 - Jan 9 with 3139 viewsQPROslo

Keeper crisis on 12:03 - Jan 9 by Hastings_Hoops

Totally agree - far from ideal situation but we need to show Joe Walsh that there’s no glass ceilings now that the opportunity has opened for him… worse that can happen is he has a torrid couple of games and regains his confidence out on loan at a later date.

…I didn’t see anything in the Man Utd pre-season game that causes concern.

I thought Walsh certainly looked one for the future in that Man U friendly, but a way off being ready to play in the Championship to be honest. Hopefully he is closer now, but expect we will try to bring in someone with more experience til Dieng is back, even if Walsh is given a chance. Hope Archer is ok and back soon.
He was great in the penalties, but made numerous basic errors in the 120 minutes which could have lost us the game and got us looking for another Keeper anyway.
Keeper crisis on 17:04 - Jan 9 with 3049 viewssupahoopsa

Keeper crisis on 16:43 - Jan 9 by QPROslo

I thought Walsh certainly looked one for the future in that Man U friendly, but a way off being ready to play in the Championship to be honest. Hopefully he is closer now, but expect we will try to bring in someone with more experience til Dieng is back, even if Walsh is given a chance. Hope Archer is ok and back soon.
He was great in the penalties, but made numerous basic errors in the 120 minutes which could have lost us the game and got us looking for another Keeper anyway.

Made numerous basic errors?

What match were you watching? There were a couple of very poor back passes to him that put him in trouble. Sometimes his distribution was slow but I don't think it was his fault as there wasn't anyone showing for him

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Keeper crisis on 17:26 - Jan 9 with 2924 viewsdistortR

Keeper crisis on 17:04 - Jan 9 by supahoopsa

What match were you watching? There were a couple of very poor back passes to him that put him in trouble. Sometimes his distribution was slow but I don't think it was his fault as there wasn't anyone showing for him

I thought his distribution was poor, but more importantly he came out 3 times, I think, and failed to claim the ball? WBA, route one and more adept than Rotherham, would be licking their lips at that.
Keeper crisis on 17:26 - Jan 9 with 2924 viewsgobbles

Keeper crisis on 15:40 - Jan 9 by PeterHucker

When was the last time either of those even played a game?
Keeper crisis on 17:47 - Jan 9 with 2851 viewsQPROslo

Keeper crisis on 17:04 - Jan 9 by supahoopsa

Well 1st minute he spent an age clearing a back pass he had plenty of time to deal with, when he finally swung a boot at it they were on him and it went luckily for a corner. Same happened 10 minutes later on another back pass he had less but enough time on. He came out for and failed to reach at least 2 high balls, one Barbet just managed to clear off the line. The goal went in off the post so wasn't easy to save but he didnt seem to move. Great pen saves though one has cost him.
Keeper crisis on 18:01 - Jan 9 with 2802 viewsdanehoop

Keeper crisis on 17:47 - Jan 9 by QPROslo

Well 1st minute he spent an age clearing a back pass he had plenty of time to deal with, when he finally swung a boot at it they were on him and it went luckily for a corner. Same happened 10 minutes later on another back pass he had less but enough time on. He came out for and failed to reach at least 2 high balls, one Barbet just managed to clear off the line. The goal went in off the post so wasn't easy to save but he didnt seem to move. Great pen saves though one has cost him.

He is a decent enough keeper. First game in ages, ring rusty and dealing with a fairly direct team I though he did OK. Thought he looked better as the game settled down and was good in the shoot out. A few more games would have seen him right. Gutted for him to be honest, but its so QPR.

Never knowingly understood

Keeper crisis on 19:18 - Jan 9 with 2562 viewsGeorgeKulscar

I thought Archer looked shakey, didnt command his area well at all and flapped at numerous crosses. West Brom are also a direct team, but with better delivery and better players on the end of the crosses, so they would have watched that and targeted him. No idea what the solution is now though, would it be worth loaning someone in for 4/5 games?
Keeper crisis on 19:24 - Jan 9 with 2518 viewssilky

I remember when most of us thought Senny wasn't ready when he was thrusted into first team action! How wrong were we!

Give Walsh a chance, these players need to see light at the end of the tunnel for first team opportunities.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Keeper crisis on 20:04 - Jan 9 with 2403 viewsterryb

Keeper crisis on 17:26 - Jan 9 by gobbles

When was the last time either of those even played a game?

Westwood played 20 games in The Championship for Wednesday last season.
Keeper crisis on 23:08 - Jan 9 with 2135 viewsfinnranger

Keeper crisis on 20:04 - Jan 9 by terryb

Westwood played 20 games in The Championship for Wednesday last season.

Assuming we don’t give Walsh a run in the team and opt for experience, I wonder if any of the names below would be considered? At a quick glance, it’s low on quality and free agents…

Darren Randolph
Lee Grant
Rob Elliot
Andy Lonergan
Jason Steele
Brandon Austin
Keiren Westwood
Jamal Blackman
Ben Alnwick
Lee Camp
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 23:42]
Keeper crisis on 00:28 - Jan 10 with 2055 viewsJigsore

Keeper crisis on 23:08 - Jan 9 by finnranger

Assuming we don’t give Walsh a run in the team and opt for experience, I wonder if any of the names below would be considered? At a quick glance, it’s low on quality and free agents…

Darren Randolph
Lee Grant
Rob Elliot
Andy Lonergan
Jason Steele
Brandon Austin
Keiren Westwood
Jamal Blackman
Ben Alnwick
Lee Camp
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 23:42]

I don't particularly like the look of any of those lot except Darren Randolph, are we sure he's a free agent?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Keeper crisis on 07:18 - Jan 10 with 1898 viewsdmm

Keeper crisis on 00:28 - Jan 10 by Jigsore

I don't particularly like the look of any of those lot except Darren Randolph, are we sure he's a free agent?

Darren Randolph is listed in WH's first team squad, although he's probably their 4th choice keeper. He's not played any football of note this season.
Keeper crisis on 07:24 - Jan 10 with 1888 viewsdavman

Keeper crisis on 19:24 - Jan 9 by silky

I remember when most of us thought Senny wasn't ready when he was thrusted into first team action! How wrong were we!

Give Walsh a chance, these players need to see light at the end of the tunnel for first team opportunities.

The thing is that this is not about just Joe Walsh now; it's who is on the bench? Surely, we need to recall Barnes, play one of them and the other sits on the bench.

If we don't recall Barnes, then the decision to sign him becomes as strange as the case of Marco Ramkilde...

I would have thought it made more sense to loan Walsh and keep Barnes as him getting experience is going to be vital to his development, so it was a bit strange seeing him being kept to play a few B and u23 team games.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Keeper crisis on 08:30 - Jan 10 with 1777 viewsLogman

Paddy Kenny has been singing our praises
Keeper crisis on 09:41 - Jan 10 with 1654 viewsMaggsinho

Dave Mc seems to think we want David Button from WBA - he played for Brentford under Warburton. Except Sam Johnstone is serving a three game ban so he's in their first team currently.

Wonder if we'll play Walsh for a couple of games and bring Button in for the rest of the duration.
Keeper crisis on 10:03 - Jan 10 with 1594 viewsterryb

Keeper crisis on 09:41 - Jan 10 by Maggsinho

Dave Mc seems to think we want David Button from WBA - he played for Brentford under Warburton. Except Sam Johnstone is serving a three game ban so he's in their first team currently.

Wonder if we'll play Walsh for a couple of games and bring Button in for the rest of the duration.

Why would West Brom loan him to us?

Surely we wouldn't be considering purchasing him?
Keeper crisis on 11:10 - Jan 10 with 1464 viewsNorthantsHoop

Keeper crisis on 19:24 - Jan 9 by silky

Totally agree, you don't want to destroy Walsh's confidence if he has a mare, but he is a professional footballer and if he is rated by the management and he wants to play at the top level, this is the sort of chance to do that. A loan signing should be as a back up if we can't recall Barnes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024