Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
rooney penalties 21:27 - Sep 8 with 6860 viewsHollowayRanger

1.how many has he scored now for England
2.cant he score a proper goal
3.hoping kane will go on and beat it

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

rooney penalties on 11:02 - Sep 9 with 1740 viewsnewgolddream

rooney penalties on 21:40 - Sep 8 by eghamranger

Hated the last 10 mins of that match. Clive tildsley and Glenn Hoddle getting hard ons about the fat gilf shagger.

Another penalty!!! ✊

Robbie Keane has 67. Will Rooney equal that???
rooney penalties on 11:27 - Sep 9 with 1711 viewspaulparker

rooney penalties on 10:23 - Sep 9 by Antti_Heinola

one of the most exciting teams going? Sterling apart, who's going to deliver that, then?

i said could be one of the most exciting

you dont think in Sterling, Ox, Wiltshire, Shaw, Shelvey, Walcott, Rooney , Townsend, Ward-Prowse, Zaha, Wellback, Sturridge, Kane , we could have a great team ??
they are all held back by that dinosaur Hodgson , if you let Monk or Howe have those sort of players we could have something going and be contenders
instead we pack the squad with the Vardy's Milners, Masons, Carricks, Hendersons of this world
we set up to defend, play one up top at home and play sideways football with the pace of a snail , its horrible football ,
under toady we will be knocked out again in the group stages

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

rooney penalties on 11:42 - Sep 9 with 1693 viewssimmo

rooney penalties on 11:27 - Sep 9 by paulparker

i said could be one of the most exciting

you dont think in Sterling, Ox, Wiltshire, Shaw, Shelvey, Walcott, Rooney , Townsend, Ward-Prowse, Zaha, Wellback, Sturridge, Kane , we could have a great team ??
they are all held back by that dinosaur Hodgson , if you let Monk or Howe have those sort of players we could have something going and be contenders
instead we pack the squad with the Vardy's Milners, Masons, Carricks, Hendersons of this world
we set up to defend, play one up top at home and play sideways football with the pace of a snail , its horrible football ,
under toady we will be knocked out again in the group stages

Every player you named there is an attacker, barring Shaw who is an attacking full back. That doesn't make a great team... Hodgson can't play them all but has included nearly all of them in some way, when they've been available. Monk also plays one up top, his team is built on being solid first and foremost with the likes of Williams at the back and Cork and Shelvey sitting deep. They play patient build up and then counter attack fast when they get the ball, it's almost identical to Hodgsons England.

Horrible football is hoofing it to the striker and playing off him, playing channel balls in behind opposition full backs. That's not anything like what we do. Wales for example stay tight, compact and organised and make sure they stay in games long enough for Bale to pop up with some magic and win them games, they have won nearly all their games 1-0. There's nothing wrong with that, they are playing to their strengths, as are we...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

rooney penalties on 11:54 - Sep 9 with 1673 viewsjohnhoop

I thought we played some excellent and yes, exciting football in our final qualifier at the end of last season, the 3-2 away win in Slovenia. I seem to remember it being based around fast attacking one-touch stuff between Henderson, Wilshere, Lallana and Sterling. If we could ever get that bunch fit again at the same time to play together again I think there is some real potential.
rooney penalties on 12:01 - Sep 9 with 1661 viewsderbyhoop

Rooney's limitations and life style stop him becoming a world class striker but you cannot knock a 12 year international career nor the 50 goals. It doesn't really matter how many penalties are included in the 50. Every decent striker (Charlie Austin, anyone) will take all chances to add to his tally.

Chances are Rooney will still be scoring international goals in 2 or 3 years time and could set a record that will not be beaten in my lifetime. Kane, debuting at 21, won't get close. And, given the limited opportunities for English players in the PL, I cannot see anybody else getting 40.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

rooney penalties on 12:08 - Sep 9 with 1649 viewspaulparker

rooney penalties on 11:42 - Sep 9 by simmo

Every player you named there is an attacker, barring Shaw who is an attacking full back. That doesn't make a great team... Hodgson can't play them all but has included nearly all of them in some way, when they've been available. Monk also plays one up top, his team is built on being solid first and foremost with the likes of Williams at the back and Cork and Shelvey sitting deep. They play patient build up and then counter attack fast when they get the ball, it's almost identical to Hodgsons England.

Horrible football is hoofing it to the striker and playing off him, playing channel balls in behind opposition full backs. That's not anything like what we do. Wales for example stay tight, compact and organised and make sure they stay in games long enough for Bale to pop up with some magic and win them games, they have won nearly all their games 1-0. There's nothing wrong with that, they are playing to their strengths, as are we...

Sorry Simmo we are not playing to our strengths ,
every single England game under Hodgson is the same, pass sideways around the back , allowing the oppo to get everyman behind the ball when we run out of ideas we launch it into the channels or the ball goes off for a throw,
we are slow , turgid and lack any idea or creativity ,
the group we are in is toilet, play like we did last night against spain, france or the germans and they will take us apart big time

Monk does play one up top your right ,but his midfield gets forward he has pacy widemen, and they play with a high tempo hassling the oppo, we are the opposite to that
we should play a 3-4-1-2 formation
the 3 centre backs Smalling, Stones, Cahill
2 wingbacks Shaw & Clyne
2 midfielders in Shelvey and Rooney(his best postion IMHO)
Sterling in a free role
with Wellbeck & sturridge together when fit if not kane & Walcott

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

rooney penalties on 12:15 - Sep 9 with 1630 viewsElHoop

rooney penalties on 12:01 - Sep 9 by derbyhoop

Rooney's limitations and life style stop him becoming a world class striker but you cannot knock a 12 year international career nor the 50 goals. It doesn't really matter how many penalties are included in the 50. Every decent striker (Charlie Austin, anyone) will take all chances to add to his tally.

Chances are Rooney will still be scoring international goals in 2 or 3 years time and could set a record that will not be beaten in my lifetime. Kane, debuting at 21, won't get close. And, given the limited opportunities for English players in the PL, I cannot see anybody else getting 40.

Kane will get close I think. He's actually a more complete striker than Rooney and Charlton wasn't really a striker at all. Apart from Lineker and Shearer, who didn't have so many chances against minor opposition as Kane will get, it's difficult to see who else has had much of a chance to score so many goals, as we didn't used to have so many international games as we do now. Rooney won't play against Estonia and Lithuania so presumably Kane will start. He could easily score 3 or 4 between those two games. If he stays fit he's going to get plenty and he'll last longer than the likes of Owen and Rooney because he's started later and is more versatile. Klinsmann for instance didn't score his first international goal until he was nearly 24 and scored his last one was when he was nearly 34.
rooney penalties on 12:20 - Sep 9 with 1614 viewssimmo

rooney penalties on 12:08 - Sep 9 by paulparker

Sorry Simmo we are not playing to our strengths ,
every single England game under Hodgson is the same, pass sideways around the back , allowing the oppo to get everyman behind the ball when we run out of ideas we launch it into the channels or the ball goes off for a throw,
we are slow , turgid and lack any idea or creativity ,
the group we are in is toilet, play like we did last night against spain, france or the germans and they will take us apart big time

Monk does play one up top your right ,but his midfield gets forward he has pacy widemen, and they play with a high tempo hassling the oppo, we are the opposite to that
we should play a 3-4-1-2 formation
the 3 centre backs Smalling, Stones, Cahill
2 wingbacks Shaw & Clyne
2 midfielders in Shelvey and Rooney(his best postion IMHO)
Sterling in a free role
with Wellbeck & sturridge together when fit if not kane & Walcott

I can see why Hodgson is not very popular to some, but I think this is a bit of a thankless task at the moment, especially when there's so much change happening behind the scenes.

You're right that the group isn't amazing - although Switzerland and Slovenia are decent enough on their day - but we should have come top and we have, really emphatically too. I am not sure what more he could have done.

Login to get fewer ads

rooney penalties on 12:35 - Sep 9 with 1579 viewsPommyhoop

rooney penalties on 12:15 - Sep 9 by ElHoop

Kane will get close I think. He's actually a more complete striker than Rooney and Charlton wasn't really a striker at all. Apart from Lineker and Shearer, who didn't have so many chances against minor opposition as Kane will get, it's difficult to see who else has had much of a chance to score so many goals, as we didn't used to have so many international games as we do now. Rooney won't play against Estonia and Lithuania so presumably Kane will start. He could easily score 3 or 4 between those two games. If he stays fit he's going to get plenty and he'll last longer than the likes of Owen and Rooney because he's started later and is more versatile. Klinsmann for instance didn't score his first international goal until he was nearly 24 and scored his last one was when he was nearly 34.

Kane has still got to get over is 'after the Lord Mayors show'' 2nd season slump yet. I stand by my shout earlier that he had a very lucky season and he might crash and burn yet. Charlie is a better natural striker IMHO.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

rooney penalties on 12:35 - Sep 9 with 1577 viewspaulparker

rooney penalties on 12:20 - Sep 9 by simmo

I can see why Hodgson is not very popular to some, but I think this is a bit of a thankless task at the moment, especially when there's so much change happening behind the scenes.

You're right that the group isn't amazing - although Switzerland and Slovenia are decent enough on their day - but we should have come top and we have, really emphatically too. I am not sure what more he could have done.

the whole group bar the sloveina and swiss game away has been poor and we have played poorly , we have played like a prem team who have grinded out a result away to Gillingahm in the fa cup , lets be honest Simmo a chimp could have managed us and still qualified, last night was a real chance to change tactics it was a free game or bonus game but it was still about grinding a 1-0 and making sure rooney got his goal
Hodgson should have been sacked after the World cup but we have been brainwashed into thinking we played well and were unlucky !! we goyt 1 point ,
we have had 2 tournaments under hodgson and we have played sh1t in both playing the same snail pace crab football
this group of players could be a good team and as ive said in previous posts we wont have a better chance of at least getting to a semi final than this tournament

rooney penalties on 12:59 - Sep 9 with 1550 viewsqpr1976

rooney penalties on 23:18 - Sep 8 by Toast_R

England player getting panned for scoring penalties, well I never.

It's not realistic that any professional footballer or captain of his country would turn down taking the the penalty on the basis that 'he wants to break England all time scoring record by only scoring worldies !', or that he might suggest to the England Manager, I'd really only rather play in games against the top 20 nations........

I seem to recall Gary Lineker missing a penalty v Brazil at Wembley which would have brought him level with Bobby Charlton's record ! Would he have got the same reaction ?

Agree with Simmo regards Hodgson. It's not pretty to watch, and there may well be games to try alternate formations, but it's catch 22. you might as well get good at playing your preferred formation, than try random others which you may never use.
He put switzerland on the map Internationally when Managing them.

All fairly irrelevant, as our media will hype England up in the run up to the Finals, so we all start to believe again. Someone will record a song to unite us all and we'll flatter to deceive, falling in the Quarters.

On the plus side, Wales & Northern Ireland will be home before their postcards !
[Post edited 9 Sep 2015 13:21]
rooney penalties on 13:08 - Sep 9 with 1536 viewsElHoop

rooney penalties on 12:35 - Sep 9 by Pommyhoop

Kane has still got to get over is 'after the Lord Mayors show'' 2nd season slump yet. I stand by my shout earlier that he had a very lucky season and he might crash and burn yet. Charlie is a better natural striker IMHO.

I think that you will end up being well off the mark there Pom but we shall see. Kane looks more like a German striker than the sort of English striker that I'm used to. He seems to be far more 'technical' than most English strikers of that type. In some ways he's quite like Charlie in how he goes about nicking a bit of space in or around the box. For a decent midfielder/wide man in the same side, he must be great to have around once you get used to him, as you can look for the gaps knowing that he's probably looking for the same ones. He's very very good I think.
rooney penalties on 13:43 - Sep 9 with 1487 viewssimmo

rooney penalties on 13:08 - Sep 9 by ElHoop

I think that you will end up being well off the mark there Pom but we shall see. Kane looks more like a German striker than the sort of English striker that I'm used to. He seems to be far more 'technical' than most English strikers of that type. In some ways he's quite like Charlie in how he goes about nicking a bit of space in or around the box. For a decent midfielder/wide man in the same side, he must be great to have around once you get used to him, as you can look for the gaps knowing that he's probably looking for the same ones. He's very very good I think.

I'm 50/50 on Kane TBH, Spurs have created 10 clear cut opportunities this season, most of them falling to Kane and none of them converted, I couldn't see Austin doing that and his 1 in 2 stats over multiple seasons back that up.

It's a wait and see with Kane, a Spurs friend of mine compared him to Muller and while I think that's hyperbole (and it's not a direct comparison), there are certain qualities I think they share which could make Kane very good if he continues to work on other parts of his game. This year is big for him, last season when he scored everybody was pleasantly surprised and it was unexpected, this year playing well and scoring every week will be his job, he's also got the pressure of being Spurs only proper striker, let's see how he does...

rooney penalties on 13:53 - Sep 9 with 1462 viewsTonto

rooney penalties on 09:32 - Sep 9 by andygg

Most of his goals against shit teams.
Will be totally useless, as usual, in a proper competition.
Seeing as England had already qualified, Woy the dinosaur should have tred something different.

just need to point out that Bobby Charlton scored 75% of his England goals in friendlies, and scored less goals than Rooney in Tournaments (4 in WC, 1 in Euro finals compared to 1 and 5 for Rooney)

Both must be shit then...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

rooney penalties on 14:01 - Sep 9 with 1449 viewssimmo

rooney penalties on 13:53 - Sep 9 by Tonto

just need to point out that Bobby Charlton scored 75% of his England goals in friendlies, and scored less goals than Rooney in Tournaments (4 in WC, 1 in Euro finals compared to 1 and 5 for Rooney)

rooney penalties on 14:07 - Sep 9 with 1406 viewsElHoop

rooney penalties on 13:53 - Sep 9 by Tonto

Charlton wasn't a striker though. You'd be better off comparing him to Fat Frank.
rooney penalties on 14:10 - Sep 9 with 1399 viewsElHoop

rooney penalties on 13:43 - Sep 9 by simmo

I'm 50/50 on Kane TBH, Spurs have created 10 clear cut opportunities this season, most of them falling to Kane and none of them converted, I couldn't see Austin doing that and his 1 in 2 stats over multiple seasons back that up.

It's a wait and see with Kane, a Spurs friend of mine compared him to Muller and while I think that's hyperbole (and it's not a direct comparison), there are certain qualities I think they share which could make Kane very good if he continues to work on other parts of his game. This year is big for him, last season when he scored everybody was pleasantly surprised and it was unexpected, this year playing well and scoring every week will be his job, he's also got the pressure of being Spurs only proper striker, let's see how he does...

Muller was a one-off - nobody is like him or ever will be and certainly not Kane, other than that they both kick a ball score goals. Kane surely has more in common with Klinsmann?

I mean 4 games plus a couple of subs for England and 2 goals. It's hardly a crisis. Ramsey gets to the end of September before anyone's allowed to be critical and poor old Kane's getting the old scaffolding up already. Funny old game innit.
rooney penalties on 14:28 - Sep 9 with 1381 viewsPommyhoop

rooney penalties on 14:10 - Sep 9 by ElHoop

Muller was a one-off - nobody is like him or ever will be and certainly not Kane, other than that they both kick a ball score goals. Kane surely has more in common with Klinsmann?

I mean 4 games plus a couple of subs for England and 2 goals. It's hardly a crisis. Ramsey gets to the end of September before anyone's allowed to be critical and poor old Kane's getting the old scaffolding up already. Funny old game innit.

Beg to differ about Ramsey.He had plenty of critics before his first season ( H gets plaudits for dead wood trimming with the help of transfer windows.) Then there was full blown calls for his sacking after his 3rd game in charge of his own team..'Fck off Ramsey '' was a popular post on the match thread.. Funny old game indeed.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2015 14:29]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

rooney penalties on 14:34 - Sep 9 with 1364 viewsElHoop

rooney penalties on 14:28 - Sep 9 by Pommyhoop

Beg to differ about Ramsey.He had plenty of critics before his first season ( H gets plaudits for dead wood trimming with the help of transfer windows.) Then there was full blown calls for his sacking after his 3rd game in charge of his own team..'Fck off Ramsey '' was a popular post on the match thread.. Funny old game indeed.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2015 14:29]

Look you don't need to tell me, I want Ramsey to stay at QPR and be a success and i want Kane to be a superstar and both could happen, so give them a bit of time. But it's possible to criticise both of them too.
rooney penalties on 14:37 - Sep 9 with 1359 viewsJigsore

Kane did really well last night, his goal was really well taken too. Theway he reacts to that ball before anyone else and sets it up for a first time finish into the corner was lovely

Shrek features has scored a load of penalties and tap-ins lately but frankly Kane is way too good not to be starting imo

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

rooney penalties on 16:07 - Sep 9 with 1310 viewsconnell10

rooney penalties on 14:37 - Sep 9 by Jigsore

Kane did really well last night, his goal was really well taken too. Theway he reacts to that ball before anyone else and sets it up for a first time finish into the corner was lovely

Shrek features has scored a load of penalties and tap-ins lately but frankly Kane is way too good not to be starting imo

I'd still have rooney over Kane in my starting line up! When Kane starts banging goals in every season like rooney does I might change my mind, but at the moment he is a much better player than Kane.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

rooney penalties on 17:13 - Sep 9 with 1267 viewsElHoop

rooney penalties on 16:07 - Sep 9 by connell10

I'd still have rooney over Kane in my starting line up! When Kane starts banging goals in every season like rooney does I might change my mind, but at the moment he is a much better player than Kane.

Well Kane does bang them in every season, but he's only had one season so far.

If you allow Rooney his total goals for the past two seasons against Kane's one then he's better - 33 to 31, but neither have them have scored yet in the league this season. I suspect that this might be about to change.

But surely it's not a choice is it? They'll both play.
rooney penalties on 17:29 - Sep 9 with 1253 viewsElHoop

Team should be something like this:

Hart
Clyne Smalling Stones Shaw
Henderson/Carrick Wilshere
Sterling Rooney Welbeck
Kane
rooney penalties on 18:21 - Sep 9 with 1225 viewsthemodfather

ok rooney gets the goals record for england, few celebrate cos he has always come across as an orrible git.....
he doesn't do the anthem, slated fans for criticism in south african world cup ( where we failed abysmally again, like brazil) and all the other stuff, including dodgy transfer deal from everton!
sir bobby charlton is the opposite, a gentleman, polite, a perfect ambassador.and he scored 49 in 106 from MIDFIELD!!
then there's saint lineker, never booked ( not even for a restaurant seat!) 48 in 80 and THAT missed pen v brazil for the 49.....
surely jimmy greaves stands out? 44 in 57....out of the world cup due to injury and then alf wouldn't change the team.
rooney penalties on 18:28 - Sep 9 with 1219 viewssimmo

Top England scorers in competitive matches only (i.e. excl friendlies): Rooney 36, Owen 26, Lineker 22, Shearer 21.

Although of the 4 I would put both Shearer and Lineker as the better than Rooney, Owen - we'll never know, without injuries I think he would have smashed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024