Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 16:14 - Feb 6 with 14997 viewsNotLoyal

Sheffield United: Wes Foderingham, Sander Berge, Billy Sharp (captain), John Egan, Max Lowe, Anel Ahmedhodzic, Oliver Norwood, Jack Robinson, Jayden Bogle, James McAtee, Iliman Ndiaye.

Substitutes: Adam Davies, John Fleck, Chris Basham, Oli McBurnie, Ismaila Coulibaly, Ben Osborn, Ciaran Clark.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Nathan Wood, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Olivier Ntcham, Ollie Cooper, Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Harry Darling, Joe Allen, Luke Cundle, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Walsh, Matty Sorinola.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:45 - Feb 11 with 1466 viewsraynor94

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:39 - Feb 11 by builthjack

The away support is big.

But it doesn't win us points, failure to beat Blackpool, will start the alarm bells ringing.

Martin just can't organise a defence, whatever happens between now and the end of the season a parting of the ways is inevitable

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:47 - Feb 11 with 1448 viewsbuilthjack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:45 - Feb 11 by raynor94

But it doesn't win us points, failure to beat Blackpool, will start the alarm bells ringing.

Martin just can't organise a defence, whatever happens between now and the end of the season a parting of the ways is inevitable

We will beat Blackpool.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 18:10 - Feb 11 with 1370 viewssw02sea

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:34 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

More goals conceded than Huddersfield. Same amount of goals conceded as Blackpool. This is despite spending £2m on central defenders in the Summer.

It can't go on.

Let’s be honest. Firstly, (we as fans) have to oversee the inevitable departure of RM. If we loose to The Seasiders, at home, then the word untenable (as previously used with various members of the Conservative Party ) has to be used.
Even these football dimwit owners, must now agree The Emperor has no clothes on ?
Even a caretaker manager could do no worse with these players, than hapless Russy.
Because if we don’t bite the bullet now, these owners will definitely be taking us to the “Next level”
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 18:14 - Feb 11 with 1329 viewsunion_jack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 18:10 - Feb 11 by sw02sea

Let’s be honest. Firstly, (we as fans) have to oversee the inevitable departure of RM. If we loose to The Seasiders, at home, then the word untenable (as previously used with various members of the Conservative Party ) has to be used.
Even these football dimwit owners, must now agree The Emperor has no clothes on ?
Even a caretaker manager could do no worse with these players, than hapless Russy.
Because if we don’t bite the bullet now, these owners will definitely be taking us to the “Next level”

*lose*

Before Plankton gets to you😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 18:24 - Feb 11 with 1283 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:47 - Feb 11 by builthjack

We will beat Blackpool.

You're an eternal optimist, Builthy, fair do's. We can't defend, it's a socking thing when you consider Martin said his priority was orting the defence first then moving forward from that.

The defence is our foundation and our foundation is built on sand. The subsidence is plain to see.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 18:27 - Feb 11 with 1268 viewsTreforys_Jack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:41 - Feb 11 by Plankton

*indictment

🤣👍
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 18:28 - Feb 11 with 1251 viewsunion_jack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 18:24 - Feb 11 by SullutaCreturned

You're an eternal optimist, Builthy, fair do's. We can't defend, it's a socking thing when you consider Martin said his priority was orting the defence first then moving forward from that.

The defence is our foundation and our foundation is built on sand. The subsidence is plain to see.

That’s not being optimistic, that’s just saying it.

There’s little to suggest we will win given our confidence level at the moment not to mention our ineffective style of play.

To be genuinely optimistic you have to genuinely believe it and no-one in their right mind couid be that certain atm.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 18:36 - Feb 11 with 1218 viewsraynor94

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:47 - Feb 11 by builthjack

We will beat Blackpool.

I admire your optimism Builth, but surely you can't be happy with Martin and his tactics.

Whenever but a parting of the ways in inevitable

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 19:02 - Feb 11 with 1138 viewsmahoss

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 18:36 - Feb 11 by raynor94

I admire your optimism Builth, but surely you can't be happy with Martin and his tactics.

Whenever but a parting of the ways in inevitable

The quicker they rid the better.
It’s a shambles at the moment,not sure who will come in but this is a mess…………
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 19:49 - Feb 11 with 1020 viewsshingle

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:39 - Feb 11 by builthjack

The away support is big.

Yep these guys go on a 10 hour drive and spend i would imagine over a £100 to lets face it watch something that can not be to enjoyable and the comments for those that do this is mostly stuff like well done etc, ?? really am i missing something here, the drive home alone must be somewhat of an ordeal after watching this lot perform for most of these trips.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:01 - Feb 11 with 981 viewsmax936

I'm all for RM hitting the road, but if fans think that'll be the end of our ill's they're deluded.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:08 - Feb 11 with 964 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:01 - Feb 11 by max936

I'm all for RM hitting the road, but if fans think that'll be the end of our ill's they're deluded.

Until the owners go it will be like Groundhog Day at the Swansea.Com Stadium.
Regardless if Mrtin stays or goes

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:12 - Feb 11 with 956 viewsguthrieintherain

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:01 - Feb 11 by max936

Yes look at Wales brought one of the best coaches in world rugby and had 2 drubbings.

Both Swans and Wales need more than a new coach.

All very depressing.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:39 - Feb 11 with 884 viewsbuilthjack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 18:28 - Feb 11 by union_jack

That’s not being optimistic, that’s just saying it.

There’s little to suggest we will win given our confidence level at the moment not to mention our ineffective style of play.

To be genuinely optimistic you have to genuinely believe it and no-one in their right mind couid be that certain atm.

We have been on a downhill slope since these owners took over.
Each year has got worse.
They haven’t a clue. Until they go we will continue to struggle.
They do not connect with the football club or the fans in any way.
They are pathetic.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:46 - Feb 11 with 864 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:39 - Feb 11 by builthjack

Each year has got worse.
They are pathetic.

Totally agree.
I worry for our future as things stand with these owners

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:50 - Feb 11 with 857 viewsDr_Winston

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:39 - Feb 11 by builthjack

Each year has got worse.
They are pathetic.

"Each year has got worse"

2018/19 - 10th
2019/20 - 6th
2020/21 - 4th
2021/22 - 15th

Seems like our downhill placements coincide with Russy rather than ownership.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:50 - Feb 11 with 856 viewsmax936

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:12 - Feb 11 by guthrieintherain

Yes look at Wales brought one of the best coaches in world rugby and had 2 drubbings.

Both Swans and Wales need more than a new coach.

All very depressing.

Pivac is mostly to blame for that in trying to match Gatland's success by continuing to use the tried and tested aging players, instead of blooding younger players alongside the older heads, the the worse thing to happen during his tenure was the Team winning the 6 nations, which in all reality was nothing to do with him and more to do with Gatland's legacy,
Gatland side on his leaving was that he hoped the success, development and legacy he had left wouldn't be wasted

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:00 - Feb 11 with 822 viewsshingle

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:50 - Feb 11 by max936

Pivac is mostly to blame for that in trying to match Gatland's success by continuing to use the tried and tested aging players, instead of blooding younger players alongside the older heads, the the worse thing to happen during his tenure was the Team winning the 6 nations, which in all reality was nothing to do with him and more to do with Gatland's legacy,
Gatland side on his leaving was that he hoped the success, development and legacy he had left wouldn't be wasted

Or maybe a case of so many world class players passing there sell by date or retiring Gatland did after all inherit a golden age of Welsh players now he does not have that luxury.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:00 - Feb 11 with 822 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:50 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

2018/19 - 10th
2019/20 - 6th
2020/21 - 4th
2021/22 - 15th

2016 - 12th PL
2017 - 15th PL
2018 - 18th PL
2019 - -12th Championship
3 years of successive regression
2 x years of Cooper ( boring football, no promotion)
2021/22 - 15th
2023 - ?? ( not looking good at the moment though )
More regression than progression
Hard to see how it isn't more to do with the owners ?
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 21:02]

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:00 - Feb 11 with 822 viewsbuilthjack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:50 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

2018/19 - 10th
2019/20 - 6th
2020/21 - 4th
2021/22 - 15th

You should have downed that bottle by now and been asleep

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:03 - Feb 11 with 813 viewsraynor94

I don't believe that at all Max, this squad is performing nowhere near what it should be.

Martin has lost it

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:06 - Feb 11 with 810 viewsDr_Winston

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:00 - Feb 11 by builthjack

You should have downed that bottle by now and been asleep

Funnily enough I'm 2/3 of the way into one.

All I'm saying is that our current struggles on the pitch are far more to do with Russy than ownership. I am not and have not ever claimed that they're blameless. It's just that when I witness sh*te like I did against Birmingham my thoughts don't wander towards the transfer window. They go towards the muppet presiding over the joint worst defence in the division despite spending £2m on centre halves just last summer.

If we were a team battling bravely but just getting outclassed I could live with that. The simple fact is that we're not. Our problems are almost entirely self inflicted by piss poor coaching.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 21:38]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:06 - Feb 11 with 810 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:03 - Feb 11 by raynor94

I don't believe that at all Max, this squad is performing nowhere near what it should be.

Martin has lost it

5 of the seven years ( if we carry on as we are atm) will see regression.
Guess the common denominator...

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:06 - Feb 11 with 808 viewsmax936

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:00 - Feb 11 by shingle

Or maybe a case of so many world class players passing there sell by date or retiring Gatland did after all inherit a golden age of Welsh players now he does not have that luxury.

Don't disagree, but Gats was is a master tactician it has to be said, he's done well everywhere he's been in fairness, but a golden age he did have and he also had a the ability to massively improve and bring the best out of his charges, no denying that.

Anyway we're digressing from the thread not an unusual phenomenon for the forum though,
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 21:25]

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:10 - Feb 11 with 803 viewsbuilthjack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:06 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

Funnily enough I'm 2/3 of the way into one.

All I'm saying is that our current struggles on the pitch are far more to do with Russy than ownership. I am not and have not ever claimed that they're blameless. It's just that when I witness sh*te like I did against Birmingham my thoughts don't wander towards the transfer window. They go towards the muppet presiding over the joint worst defence in the division despite spending £2m on centre halves just last summer.

If we were a team battling bravely but just getting outclassed I could live with that. The simple fact is that we're not. Our problems are almost entirely self inflicted by piss poor coaching.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 21:38]

Unless the owners stump up the cash to get rid, he will be here until the end of the season at least.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024