Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we have another Centre Back please? 23:50 - Jul 5 with 18533 viewsDorse

Starting to get a bit worried now, Chris. A big, nasty bar-steward who would tackle a concrete effigy of King Kong if it looked on-side in the box.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 08:56 - Jul 23 with 1814 viewsDorse

After the comments on last night's game, it sounds like we really need to get the defence sorted sooner than we thought.

Left back in on loan and a centre back please.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:01 - Jul 23 with 1797 viewsSpiritofGregory

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:21 - Jul 6 by BlackandGoldR

Personally I think Caulker will go late in the window to a West Brom/Aston Villa type (If Vlaar goes) but I think we want to keep him and build an Onuoha-Caulker partnership. Think they will do a job in the championship. Hill is 3rd choice (at the moment) and younger lads are 4th so losing Ehmer could be a loss.
Right Back is Furlongs/Harrimans and LB is Yuns, Robinson wont be back for a while. So a loan LB from the prem and a new CB is what we need next.

If a bid comes in for him he'll go. The guy believes that he belongs in the Premier League and we need to trim the wage bill.

We can get better at a far more affordable price. The main problem with Caulker (as described by Bellamy) is he is mentally weak, his head goes down too easily.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:06 - Jul 23 with 1778 viewsSpiritofGregory

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 12:13 - Jul 6 by YorkRanger

Broadly agree with this. I think someone like Connolly, who can paly anywhere across the back four, would be a useful addition.

We are now a Championship Club/ I think Ramsey will view CB pairing as Onouha and Caulker, with Hill as back up, perhaps Donaldson too and clearly Connolly if he came would be another. I can still see Dunne coming back for a season. Much hinges on whether Caulker stays or goes

Thing is Connolly needs to be replaced once you get back to the Premier League. Don't mind signing him but not on a 3/4 year deal on an inflated wage. Problem is he'd probably want a 3/4 year deal and we would want to pay him less than what he thinks he is worth.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:09 - Jul 23 with 1763 viewsSpiritofGregory

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 16:23 - Jul 8 by eghamranger

Bit odd really those comments. Thought there would be a great vibe after the Wembley win and promotion or is he saying thatHR is sh1te?

So in other words Steven even though there is a better vibe at the club, you'll be off like a shot if an offer comes in from a Premier League club.

Good riddance, lacks mental strength.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:55 - Jul 23 with 1670 viewsfakekerby

I think we need 3 new defenders still, 1 centre back, 1 right back and 1 left back. All the rumours continue to be about the midfield. I'm still hoping the right back from Swindon joins as Furlong (or any incredibly young player for that matter) will find a long season in the Championship an incredibly steep and challenging learning curve, probably to the detriment of results.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:11 - Jul 23 with 1633 viewswombat

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:55 - Jul 23 by fakekerby

I think we need 3 new defenders still, 1 centre back, 1 right back and 1 left back. All the rumours continue to be about the midfield. I'm still hoping the right back from Swindon joins as Furlong (or any incredibly young player for that matter) will find a long season in the Championship an incredibly steep and challenging learning curve, probably to the detriment of results.

if a bid came in for caulker id taker it , the german lad looked shaky last night esp first half slightly better second half at fault badly for dundee goal let the guy make two runs didnt pick one of them up.

i was more worried about the amount of timber austin has put on during the summer , if adel was down as a porker, austin is defo a plus size at the moment

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:28 - Jul 23 with 1619 viewsadhoc_qpr

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:55 - Jul 23 by fakekerby

This!

We need a left back, a right back and a centre back in ASAP. Not even top quality or big money signings, but solid first team ready players.

We can't wait for prem clubs to reshuffle their furniture either, we have 6 games before the end of August and any good feeling built up will swiftly deflate if we start shipping goals for fun and lose the first 2 or 3 games.

It's not like we're going to be outscoring teams with an unknown German and Grego-Cox upfront either.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:30 - Jul 23 with 1609 viewswombat

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:28 - Jul 23 by adhoc_qpr

This!

We need a left back, a right back and a centre back in ASAP. Not even top quality or big money signings, but solid first team ready players.

We can't wait for prem clubs to reshuffle their furniture either, we have 6 games before the end of August and any good feeling built up will swiftly deflate if we start shipping goals for fun and lose the first 2 or 3 games.

It's not like we're going to be outscoring teams with an unknown German and Grego-Cox upfront either.

big dan shittu is aval i think lol

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:49 - Jul 23 with 1577 viewsadhoc_qpr

Few suggestions off the top of my head of player who might be in budget or available for loan:

Right back - Billy Jones on loan or permanent from Sunderland. Chris Solly from Charlton would be great if we could prise him away.

Left back - Matt Targett from Soton on loan.

Centre back - Mariappa from Palace (great in the Championship, unproven/struggling in the prem) or Ilori from Liverpool on loan.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 20:14 - Jul 23 with 1452 viewsWilly_WonkR

Chesterfield's right back Tendayi Darikwa has handed in a transfer request and looks to be off to a Championship club. PNE looks a likely target.

I saw him play against Fleetwood last year and he was Chesterfield's best player by a mile. Comfortable on the ball, quick and strong. Granted it was against 10 men for most of the match but a ST friend of mine said he's like that every week.

I hope we at least had a look at him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024