Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we have another Centre Back please? 23:50 - Jul 5 with 18534 viewsDorse

Starting to get a bit worried now, Chris. A big, nasty bar-steward who would tackle a concrete effigy of King Kong if it looked on-side in the box.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:29 - Jul 8 with 2284 viewsQPunkR

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 14:05 - Jul 7 by Mvpeter

Youth graduate then, the point remains unchanged. 'Harriman has proven to be a good full back at League 1 and 2 level. ' That would make him unproven at championship level no? It's highly debatable as well considering he had to drop another division last year. 4 games between them is not premiership experience be serious.

'Finally you avoid answering QPunkR's question regarding whether you would ever have a youth team player coming through into the first team squad. By the sounds of it only after we've loaned him to a rival club in the same league. Seems like you want the finished article without having to put any effort into their development or take any of the risk in playing them.'

I avoided it because it was a ridiculous question as is your paragraph above. You've actually quoted me saying the complete opposite within the same post.

Integrity people!

Here you go, fella

QPR - "shit but local"

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 14:35 - Jul 8 with 2209 viewsLimerickR

Steven Caulker has handed QPR a boost by stating he will be at the club next season.

Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ, he said: “At the moment I’m staying at QPR. I’m settled there and there’s a much more positive vibe this year. Everyone’s feeling confident ahead of the season and we’re looking to go on and do good things.

“I can’t assure them because things change but as it stands I’ll be at QPR.”

Translation: 'No one really wants me because I'm not really that good but that could change and then I'd leave'
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 16:18 - Jul 8 with 2120 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Could we play Harriman at centre back?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 16:23 - Jul 8 with 2107 viewseghamranger

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 14:35 - Jul 8 by LimerickR

Steven Caulker has handed QPR a boost by stating he will be at the club next season.

Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ, he said: “At the moment I’m staying at QPR. I’m settled there and there’s a much more positive vibe this year. Everyone’s feeling confident ahead of the season and we’re looking to go on and do good things.

“I can’t assure them because things change but as it stands I’ll be at QPR.”

Translation: 'No one really wants me because I'm not really that good but that could change and then I'd leave'

Bit odd really those comments. Thought there would be a great vibe after the Wembley win and promotion or is he saying thatHR is sh1te?
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 16:29 - Jul 8 with 2096 viewssimmo

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 16:23 - Jul 8 by eghamranger

Bit odd really those comments. Thought there would be a great vibe after the Wembley win and promotion or is he saying thatHR is sh1te?

He's obviously talking about battling and eventually succumbing to relegation. There was a noticeable change in positive attitude once HR left and Ramsey took over, you could feel it in the stands.

Fair enough that he's come out and said that, I think he probably is happy here, most players seem to be at the moment, it's probably nice for him to have a few lads there his own age! I think it would be very easy for him to manufacture a move but I hope he does stay (and that we put a wage drop clause in when we signed him). I think he still has the makings of an excellent CB and he should be a cut above at this level.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 16:38 - Jul 8 with 2065 viewseghamranger

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 16:29 - Jul 8 by simmo

He's obviously talking about battling and eventually succumbing to relegation. There was a noticeable change in positive attitude once HR left and Ramsey took over, you could feel it in the stands.

Fair enough that he's come out and said that, I think he probably is happy here, most players seem to be at the moment, it's probably nice for him to have a few lads there his own age! I think it would be very easy for him to manufacture a move but I hope he does stay (and that we put a wage drop clause in when we signed him). I think he still has the makings of an excellent CB and he should be a cut above at this level.

I'm with you there. I've now just seen the interview and it was when he was going into Wimbledon. Got the impression from the interview that he was on about overpaid bad eggs. Has now got a big chance to do well next season.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 16:41 - Jul 8 with 2059 viewseghamranger

Sky sports just announced that after buying that fella today they now have 7 centre backs.

Can see Chris and Les having one on loan
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 16:51 - Jul 8 with 2020 viewsadhoc_qpr

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 16:38 - Jul 8 by eghamranger

I'm with you there. I've now just seen the interview and it was when he was going into Wimbledon. Got the impression from the interview that he was on about overpaid bad eggs. Has now got a big chance to do well next season.

It's all down to whether he's sort his head out off the pitch.

He has plenty of ability, a good track record in both the Championship and the Prem and we now (seemingly) have a proper coaching set-up and have removed the idiots from the squad/coaching staff.

I still think there is a good chance we get an acceptable bid for him later in the window once prem clubs miss out on their first choice targets.
Login to get fewer ads

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 19:42 - Jul 8 with 1922 viewsrsonist

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 16:41 - Jul 8 by eghamranger

Sky sports just announced that after buying that fella today they now have 7 centre backs.

Can see Chris and Les having one on loan

The only half realistic one is Kaboul and he's far over the hill...

They do actually have an eighth one that's meant to be very promising, young Serbian lad who was on loan at Charlton last season and starred in the U21 WC.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:33 - Jul 10 with 1795 viewseghamranger

Donaldson obviously homesick and training with Dundee united
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:35 - Jul 10 with 1791 viewsJonDoeman

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:33 - Jul 10 by eghamranger

Donaldson obviously homesick and training with Dundee united

Saw that, that's good money wasted on two young CBs now.

It Is What It Is !!

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:38 - Jul 10 with 1775 viewsTheBlob

BONG!!!!

http://africanfootball.com//news/547757/QPR-MLS-club-chasing-Bongani-Khumalo

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:45 - Jul 10 with 1764 viewsadhoc_qpr

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:38 - Jul 10 by TheBlob

BONG!!!!

We really are scraping the barrel now aren't we? Ex Spurs too...

I see West Brom are strongly linked with Caulker now too.

If we lose Austin, Phillips, Caulker and Fer and replace them with players of the quality of Scorch, Khumalo and Gobern we are in big trouble!

I just hope we have more like Luongo up our sleeves!!
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:47 - Jul 10 with 1761 viewsJonDoeman

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:38 - Jul 10 by TheBlob

BONG!!!!

Visa problems ?

It Is What It Is !!

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:51 - Jul 10 with 1748 viewssimmo

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:45 - Jul 10 by adhoc_qpr

We really are scraping the barrel now aren't we? Ex Spurs too...

I see West Brom are strongly linked with Caulker now too.

If we lose Austin, Phillips, Caulker and Fer and replace them with players of the quality of Scorch, Khumalo and Gobern we are in big trouble!

I just hope we have more like Luongo up our sleeves!!

Are we really scraping the barrell now? Or is that article from africanfootball.com??

FFS

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:04 - Jul 10 with 1717 viewsGetMeRangers

One less centre back. Coll Donaldson leaves by mutual consent

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/coll-donaldson-qpr-livingston-2537372.aspx
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:10 - Jul 10 with 1704 viewsWeaverQPR

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:04 - Jul 10 by GetMeRangers

One less centre back. Coll Donaldson leaves by mutual consent

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/coll-donaldson-qpr-livingston-2537372.aspx

No loss

@WeavQPR

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:16 - Jul 10 with 1688 viewsMvpeter

What an absolutely pointless signing he was.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:22 - Jul 10 with 1679 viewsadhoc_qpr

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:51 - Jul 10 by simmo

Are we really scraping the barrell now? Or is that article from africanfootball.com??

FFS

Not just that article, the triallists we've taken on our pre-season tour aren't exactly stellar!

Then we've had scouts watching an Irish striker who scored 1 goal in 30 games for Hibs.

We could be just be very thorough in our scouting or we could be working to a much tighter budget than the early £3.5m signing of the Swindon midfielders indicated.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:28 - Jul 10 with 1671 viewssimmo

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:22 - Jul 10 by adhoc_qpr

Not just that article, the triallists we've taken on our pre-season tour aren't exactly stellar!

Then we've had scouts watching an Irish striker who scored 1 goal in 30 games for Hibs.

We could be just be very thorough in our scouting or we could be working to a much tighter budget than the early £3.5m signing of the Swindon midfielders indicated.

Even if that is fact, which I assume you don't know for sure, what's wrong with sending scouts to further assess someone? Actually making a signing is one thing, but I am not about to start criticising the club for scouting people!

Same goes for triallists, they are triallists! Maybe they will show us something, maybe they can do enough to convince that they can do a job for us, if not, then we say thanks but no thanks.

Why are you looking to complain about speculation and the club doing some due diligence when the only solid, actual, real transfers done have all so far been very good?

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:38 - Jul 10 with 1648 viewsJonDoeman

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:10 - Jul 10 by WeaverQPR

No loss

We paid for him, just like we paid for the Portsmouth CB that was released, its called shit scouting.

It Is What It Is !!

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:40 - Jul 10 with 1645 viewsWeaverQPR

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:38 - Jul 10 by JonDoeman

We paid for him, just like we paid for the Portsmouth CB that was released, its called shit scouting.

true dat.

@WeavQPR

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:59 - Jul 10 with 1619 viewsadhoc_qpr

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:28 - Jul 10 by simmo

Even if that is fact, which I assume you don't know for sure, what's wrong with sending scouts to further assess someone? Actually making a signing is one thing, but I am not about to start criticising the club for scouting people!

Same goes for triallists, they are triallists! Maybe they will show us something, maybe they can do enough to convince that they can do a job for us, if not, then we say thanks but no thanks.

Why are you looking to complain about speculation and the club doing some due diligence when the only solid, actual, real transfers done have all so far been very good?

Not really complaining, it was just an offhand comment based on a few things i've noticed.

Agree that I like a lot of the signings so far.

Just think that we don't seem to have made any progress filling a few glaring gaps over the past few weeks and i wonder if we are working to a much tighter budget than previously thought?

This is purely based on my perception of our current activity, the fact we're now in pre-season plus Ferdinand's comments the other day though.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 11:12 - Jul 10 with 1596 viewsMvpeter

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:28 - Jul 10 by simmo

If you could scout every player in the world that would be fine but you can't.

Probably best to not waste your time. Not saying we are as I haven't the foggiest who any of them are except khumalo and I seem to remember him being ok though that might have been in a football manager game.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 11:28 - Jul 10 with 1577 viewssimmo

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:59 - Jul 10 by adhoc_qpr

Not really complaining, it was just an offhand comment based on a few things i've noticed.

Agree that I like a lot of the signings so far.

Just think that we don't seem to have made any progress filling a few glaring gaps over the past few weeks and i wonder if we are working to a much tighter budget than previously thought?

This is purely based on my perception of our current activity, the fact we're now in pre-season plus Ferdinand's comments the other day though.

Fair enough. I would imagine that we are working on a tighter budget and are probably less inclined to being held to ransom or adhering to ridiculous demands from agents and players. I want to fill gaps (giggity) and sign the right players too, but not at the expense of getting the wrong kind of personality or via paying more ridiculous wages.

It's still relatively early, we did some of our business early, which is great, but we need more and thats already ben addressed by Ferdinand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024