Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone Happy? 17:56 - Jan 26 with 7986 viewsTailGunner

Surely one of those rare days where we can all be content, kick back the recliner, with a cold beer and smug smile?

Good win, don't think any injuries. Perfect?

Even the much maligned Declan had a good game.,..
Everyone Happy? on 23:38 - Jan 26 with 1758 viewsbuilthjack

Everyone Happy? on 18:37 - Jan 26 by lifelong

No, got wet going to the Stadium. 💦💦💦

You need a flasher mac

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Everyone Happy? on 23:53 - Jan 26 with 1728 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Everyone Happy? on 18:37 - Jan 26 by lifelong

No, got wet going to the Stadium. 💦💦💦

Waterproof lined trousers are the way forward Rog. Plus a nice warm waterproof coat.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Everyone Happy? on 06:40 - Jan 27 with 1639 viewsjackal

Everyone Happy? on 23:53 - Jan 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Waterproof lined trousers are the way forward Rog. Plus a nice warm waterproof coat.

Bought a pair in Go Outdoors.

The best £40 that I've ever spent.
Everyone Happy? on 07:50 - Jan 27 with 1609 viewsAguycalledJack

I hope Celina’s goal will give him and the rest of out players the confidence to shoot more often when the opportunity is there. We do have a tendency to overplay in and around the box when the shot is on.
Everyone Happy? on 07:54 - Jan 27 with 1595 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Everyone Happy? on 07:50 - Jan 27 by AguycalledJack

I hope Celina’s goal will give him and the rest of out players the confidence to shoot more often when the opportunity is there. We do have a tendency to overplay in and around the box when the shot is on.

MacKay too. There's definitely a good player in there .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Everyone Happy? on 08:09 - Jan 27 with 1586 viewsAguycalledJack

Everyone Happy? on 07:54 - Jan 27 by Brynmill_Jack

We were talking about him in the game yesterday. Looks great on the ball but then the next minute he can be so casual. Defo a confidence player.
Everyone Happy? on 10:01 - Jan 27 with 1505 views_

I get the feeling we are building up some serious momentum and the 'regular' team Potters settled for the last month or so, the chemistry is growing.

I know we made changes today and I know it was against lower league opposition but the boys who came in (John, McKay, Carter-Vickers) are really.getting to know their surroundings.

How exciting is it to think Dan James, Routs, Dyer, even Montero will all be challenging for a genuine first team place.

Also, as someone has said, the Grimes, Fer partnership is a real exciting one and let's hope we only ever see Grimes go out to left back in real desperate circumstances. His place is to grow and learn in centre mid. Definitely been one of the real highlights so far this season.

Just imagine we'd be so lucky as to be able to bring in a striker to push Ollie before the window shuts, even if it was someone on loan, I'm sure we can have a real push for the play offs.

As for Potter, and I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone who's criticised him, I am desperate for him to succeed here at the Swans. He's made mistakes, some real big and repeated ones but him, together with the hard work of SCFC have brought through a real tidy squad of players.

This really should be commended by the too many that are quick to slag off the old and new board while cutting Potter all the slack in the world.

There'd be no Potter if it wasn't for SCFC, there'd be no outstanding youngsters for him to develop. It's been a very enjoyable season, credit to all involved.

And if you want to know what I really mean by the above. Spend a few minutes as I did last night on Stoke City's forum, oatcake or whatever it's called.

And then tell me our policy in the Summer wasn't absolutely spot on.

Well done the team, well done Graham Potter and well done SCFC - our football club.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Everyone Happy? on 10:07 - Jan 27 with 1486 viewslifelong

I thought he played very well yesterday.
Login to get fewer ads

Everyone Happy? on 10:07 - Jan 27 with 1485 viewsPacemaker

If he didn’t pull out of every tackle, I have no doubt that he would be first choice most weeks, he has so much ability and class on the ball it’s very frustrating to see him pull out of tackles and losing the ball when we are on the transition.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Everyone Happy? on 10:08 - Jan 27 with 1484 views34dfgdf54

Everyone Happy? on 10:01 - Jan 27 by _

I get the feeling we are building up some serious momentum and the 'regular' team Potters settled for the last month or so, the chemistry is growing.

I know we made changes today and I know it was against lower league opposition but the boys who came in (John, McKay, Carter-Vickers) are really.getting to know their surroundings.

How exciting is it to think Dan James, Routs, Dyer, even Montero will all be challenging for a genuine first team place.

Also, as someone has said, the Grimes, Fer partnership is a real exciting one and let's hope we only ever see Grimes go out to left back in real desperate circumstances. His place is to grow and learn in centre mid. Definitely been one of the real highlights so far this season.

Just imagine we'd be so lucky as to be able to bring in a striker to push Ollie before the window shuts, even if it was someone on loan, I'm sure we can have a real push for the play offs.

As for Potter, and I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone who's criticised him, I am desperate for him to succeed here at the Swans. He's made mistakes, some real big and repeated ones but him, together with the hard work of SCFC have brought through a real tidy squad of players.

This really should be commended by the too many that are quick to slag off the old and new board while cutting Potter all the slack in the world.

There'd be no Potter if it wasn't for SCFC, there'd be no outstanding youngsters for him to develop. It's been a very enjoyable season, credit to all involved.

And if you want to know what I really mean by the above. Spend a few minutes as I did last night on Stoke City's forum, oatcake or whatever it's called.

Well done the team, well done Graham Potter and well done SCFC - our football club.

Is there a genuine possibility of getting a striker in though? Too late in the day now to sort outgoings I would have thought.

I agree we are building some serious momentum, Tuesday is massive though, Birmingham were one of the only teams to give us a pasting (everything but the score line), it’s a good marker to see how much we have come on over the course of season.

As four your 6th paragraph, there’s people on this board who do not want Potter to succeed, it’s been obvious from the get go, so although you have the best intentions, I don’t think you can speak for everyone whose criticised him, there has been clear agendas even when we have been in good form.

Top post though...
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 10:20]
Everyone Happy? on 10:13 - Jan 27 with 1471 viewsPegojack

Chris, agree with all you say about the team and the manager, I'm very proud of both.
But please don't paper over or excuse 'the old board' as you call them. The Sellouts stabbed all ordinary jacks in the back to line their own pockets in a classic act of betrayal, and went from heroes to zero in the process. It was so unneccessary and I'll never forgive the greedy feckers.
Everyone Happy? on 10:18 - Jan 27 with 1461 viewsjasper_T

Everyone Happy? on 10:07 - Jan 27 by Pacemaker

If he didn’t pull out of every tackle, I have no doubt that he would be first choice most weeks, he has so much ability and class on the ball it’s very frustrating to see him pull out of tackles and losing the ball when we are on the transition.

We've got others who do the same, so that's probably not the reason. His pressing has actually been pretty effective in recent performances, leading to a good number of chances (including a goal).

But he's clearly at his best playing centrally and most weeks has to compete for that spot with Celina (who didn't shine until DJ came on and he pushed forward in the reshuffle).

He loses the ball a lot because he plays a high percentage of passes first time, which is great for our tempo and creating openings, but not ideal for keeping the ball. It's not the worst flaw for a 10 to have.
Everyone Happy? on 10:21 - Jan 27 with 1458 viewsthornabyswan

Good post

Yes I get the feeling things are starting to click on the pitch.
Really good performance again yesterday 6 unbeaten and playing well.
If we could shift Bony the 2 Ayews and Narsingh and bring in a couple of additions I think we could be real contenders next season.

If the 12 million figure for James is correct the owners deserve a pat on the back for that as well.

The big downside though is the lack of engagement with the owners and the Trust can't blame the Trust either they have tried.
But not showing the Trust the books is a huge own goal and just creates suspicion for many fans.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Everyone Happy? on 10:39 - Jan 27 with 1420 views_

Everyone Happy? on 10:08 - Jan 27 by 34dfgdf54

Is there a genuine possibility of getting a striker in though? Too late in the day now to sort outgoings I would have thought.

I agree we are building some serious momentum, Tuesday is massive though, Birmingham were one of the only teams to give us a pasting (everything but the score line), it’s a good marker to see how much we have come on over the course of season.

As four your 6th paragraph, there’s people on this board who do not want Potter to succeed, it’s been obvious from the get go, so although you have the best intentions, I don’t think you can speak for everyone whose criticised him, there has been clear agendas even when we have been in good form.

Top post though...

Mate, I really don't think that's the case.

Personally I say it as i see it and I change my mind on things. I won't get entrenched in a viewpoint if there's clear evidence it's wrong.

Any genuine Swans fan wants Potter to do well. Like we did with all our recent "failed" managers, including Bob Bradley. But fans must have the right to pass comment, be that positive or negative. That's the whole point of football

It's the negative for negative's sake that's the problem.

I think Birmingham had a good day up there and they are strong at home. I am not expecting them to have chance after chance like they did then, but Monk will have them properly fired up so we've got to be on it from the start.

No surprises with the formation or strange personnel choices, Graham - let's keep this run going.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Everyone Happy? on 10:54 - Jan 27 with 1384 views_

Everyone Happy? on 10:13 - Jan 27 by Pegojack

Chris, agree with all you say about the team and the manager, I'm very proud of both.
But please don't paper over or excuse 'the old board' as you call them. The Sellouts stabbed all ordinary jacks in the back to line their own pockets in a classic act of betrayal, and went from heroes to zero in the process. It was so unneccessary and I'll never forgive the greedy feckers.

They saw the money involved in the EPL, they saw their players become millionaires, agents being stinking rich and they wanted to sell, they panicked they wouldn't be able to see genuine riches themselves.

Yeah they could have done it better but please don't patronise me that you or anyone else wouldn't have done the same.

I've been angry with them, I've chipped in for a flag and started campaigns but you won't change a single second of it. If you just let it go you will see the balance in every reasoning and by not letting it go, SCFC will continue to have a cloud over its head.

Time to move on.

Everyone Happy? on 11:03 - Jan 27 with 1371 views_

Everyone Happy? on 10:21 - Jan 27 by thornabyswan

Good post

Yes I get the feeling things are starting to click on the pitch.
Really good performance again yesterday 6 unbeaten and playing well.
If we could shift Bony the 2 Ayews and Narsingh and bring in a couple of additions I think we could be real contenders next season.

If the 12 million figure for James is correct the owners deserve a pat on the back for that as well.

The big downside though is the lack of engagement with the owners and the Trust can't blame the Trust either they have tried.
But not showing the Trust the books is a huge own goal and just creates suspicion for many fans.

I think the Trust is just a little Planet Swans old boys club and it needs a complete overhaul.

I wouldn't "trust" them as far as I could throw them.

And there's no suspicion for the vast majority of fans. The Trust use this site deviously to get messages out and cover things up. Never forget what they tried to get away with with poor old Huw Cooze. The lies and manipulation.

If they saw the books the whole world would know about them. I pray SCFC are able to invest more into the Club and pay them off so we can be rid of all their nonsense and lies.

Everyone Happy? on 11:52 - Jan 27 with 1296 viewsthornabyswan

Everyone Happy? on 11:03 - Jan 27 by _

I think the Trust is just a little Planet Swans old boys club and it needs a complete overhaul.

I wouldn't "trust" them as far as I could throw them.

And there's no suspicion for the vast majority of fans. The Trust use this site deviously to get messages out and cover things up. Never forget what they tried to get away with with poor old Huw Cooze. The lies and manipulation.

If they saw the books the whole world would know about them. I pray SCFC are able to invest more into the Club and pay them off so we can be rid of all their nonsense and lies.

And that's where you have got it all wrong.

The whole world would not care.
Most Swans fans I know think there is only 1 reason why they are hiding the books.
I will let you figure that one out.

As for the nonsense and lies from the Trust would you like to elaborate on that one.

The only lies I am aware of come from our DOF but you won't have a word said against him all very odd if you ask me.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Everyone Happy? on 12:07 - Jan 27 with 1266 viewsjackrmee

Everyone Happy? on 10:07 - Jan 27 by Pacemaker

Probably the reason GP was giving him so many chances at the start of the season, when it looked to all of us as if he was useless.
In training he must be class, as there is no tough tackling as such.
I don't think you can teach that into a player though, so McKay may be one we get frustrated with for many moons to come.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Everyone Happy? on 12:09 - Jan 27 with 1258 viewsjackrmee

Everyone Happy? on 18:42 - Jan 26 by Glyn1

Pah! If we lose on Tuesday because the players are tired twill be solely GP's fault. Focus on the league mun!

Eff off mate, you are mental. Great to see a manager who want a good cup run. If we win another game we in the quarters! One can only dream, but it great while it lasts.

Personally, I would focus on the cup now, while we are still in it. You never know init.
We are not getting promoted and so be it.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Everyone Happy? on 12:12 - Jan 27 with 1254 viewsmonmouth

With average luck we'd be solidly in the play offs now, even with all the tinkering. We are, on the pitch, heading solidly in the right direction. OK, I know I'll be told that the yanks will blow all that up as asset strippers etc etc, but you can only comment on things that are, and things are ok. the future is not set. If we keep progressing as we are it's all good in my view.

On all the other shit, I've accepted I am just really a passionate spectator, and that genuine supporter involvement in the club is a thing of the past, if it ever really existed in true substance, and I bought my season ages ago because it still means something to me. When it doesn't I'll stop. Nothing to do with owners or money or transfers.

I also accept as Chris says that's all we've ever been. The issue for me is that we THOUGHT it was different under the 2001-16 ownership model and it simply wasn't. Boo hoo and all that, but I do still feel a bit sad that it was clearly not what I thought. Those were great times and we were, to my mind, even ignoring my bias, the finest football club certainly in the UK. Shame that the illusion vanished rather than developed further.

BUT, I've seen things I never thought I'd see, and those memories will last all my life, and that is fantastic.

So yeah TG, I'm happy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Everyone Happy? on 12:13 - Jan 27 with 1250 viewsjackrmee

Everyone Happy? on 10:08 - Jan 27 by 34dfgdf54

Top post though...

I reckon if Bony goes they would have someone in mind to come in. If he stays then we have him til the end of the season, so 3 strikers that should keep us ticking over.

I do have a feeling though, that if Bony stays, Dan will go to Leeds to balance the books and offset Bony's wage, which will be a guttner.

Everyone Happy? on 12:19 - Jan 27 with 1237 viewsPegojack

Everyone Happy? on 10:54 - Jan 27 by _

They saw the money involved in the EPL, they saw their players become millionaires, agents being stinking rich and they wanted to sell, they panicked they wouldn't be able to see genuine riches themselves.

Yeah they could have done it better but please don't patronise me that you or anyone else wouldn't have done the same.

I've been angry with them, I've chipped in for a flag and started campaigns but you won't change a single second of it. If you just let it go you will see the balance in every reasoning and by not letting it go, SCFC will continue to have a cloud over its head.

Time to move on.

I'm not patronising you Chris, I genuinely wouldn't have and couldn't have done it. I like to be able to look myself in the shaving mirror in the morning without total shame and embarrassment. It would have been possible for them to bring the Trust into the deal but they chose not to, through naked greed.
And it's far from over, mate.
Everyone Happy? on 12:27 - Jan 27 with 1218 views_

Everyone Happy? on 12:12 - Jan 27 by monmouth

With average luck we'd be solidly in the play offs now, even with all the tinkering. We are, on the pitch, heading solidly in the right direction. OK, I know I'll be told that the yanks will blow all that up as asset strippers etc etc, but you can only comment on things that are, and things are ok. the future is not set. If we keep progressing as we are it's all good in my view.

On all the other shit, I've accepted I am just really a passionate spectator, and that genuine supporter involvement in the club is a thing of the past, if it ever really existed in true substance, and I bought my season ages ago because it still means something to me. When it doesn't I'll stop. Nothing to do with owners or money or transfers.

I also accept as Chris says that's all we've ever been. The issue for me is that we THOUGHT it was different under the 2001-16 ownership model and it simply wasn't. Boo hoo and all that, but I do still feel a bit sad that it was clearly not what I thought. Those were great times and we were, to my mind, even ignoring my bias, the finest football club certainly in the UK. Shame that the illusion vanished rather than developed further.

BUT, I've seen things I never thought I'd see, and those memories will last all my life, and that is fantastic.

So yeah TG, I'm happy.

Great, great post.

I am going to read it again.

No, I'll copy it to my notebook for future prosperity.

It is what it is and we are what we are - although I did warn everyone during 2001 - 2016 not to trust them, not to believe in the "fans for the fans" and not to believe they weren't doing extremely well out of SCFC and they had ever since they took over - but that's all history now ;-)

Everyone Happy? on 12:28 - Jan 27 with 1215 views_

Everyone Happy? on 11:52 - Jan 27 by thornabyswan

And that's where you have got it all wrong.

The whole world would not care.
Most Swans fans I know think there is only 1 reason why they are hiding the books.
I will let you figure that one out.

As for the nonsense and lies from the Trust would you like to elaborate on that one.

The only lies I am aware of come from our DOF but you won't have a word said against him all very odd if you ask me.

I was going to reply properly to you but I won't. "Most Swans fans" haven't got the first clue what the hell is going on.

Instead, I will refer you to Monmouth's post. That should sun it all up.

Everyone Happy? on 12:37 - Jan 27 with 1199 viewsthornabyswan

Everyone Happy? on 12:28 - Jan 27 by _

I was going to reply properly to you but I won't. "Most Swans fans" haven't got the first clue what the hell is going on.

Instead, I will refer you to Monmouth's post. That should sun it all up.

So you are not going to answer what lies the Trust have told I will take that as they haven't lied but are simply volunteers doing their best for the club for no financial gain.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024