Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking at Morrisons Neath 16:29 - Feb 20 with 35802 viewsowainglyndwr

Parking Eye Ltd are trying to fine us.
But before Christmas when parking at Morrisons all the payment machines had notes saying that they are not working.
But at the start of the new year we had the first letter with a fine.
Which I have ignored and will not pay.
We parked for 3hrs .14 mins after shopping in Neath but also doing our Morrisons shop and having a meal there.
Has anyone else had this problem
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:52 - Feb 21 with 1852 viewsmonmouth

Here you go for anyone who thinks you can still, since this judgement and its consequences, wilfully ignore these things with impunity. Judges may be out of touch with real people ("85 quid is not excessive for an hour's extra stay in a free car park") but they conclusively ruled in both the court of appeal and in the Supreme Court (did that used to be the Law Lords?) that the charges are both lawful and enforceable.

Good luck to you ignorers in these circumstances. It seems by taking the spaces for longer than specified, the judges believe that you are acting against the public interest and need to be financially deterred.

I don't think it gives anyone carte blanche to do similar in different circumstances, nor, as Sherpa said, that individual circumstances won't count, but it will always be dangerous to just ignore now. That is what Parking Eye spent a fortune on lawyers to stop, and for their business, they have conclusively succeeded.

As someone else said, keep within the limit.

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/parkingeye-vs-beavis/
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 21:55]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:55 - Feb 21 with 1842 viewsperchrockjack

Foe eighty five quid,is it worth it.

Personally ,I like black and white with as few grey areas as possible

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:58 - Feb 21 with 1841 viewsHighjack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 20:35 - Feb 21 by exiledclaseboy

Also wrong. The charge for releasing the information covers costs only.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 20:36]

I'm sure that's what they tell you.

Are parking eye just covering costs when they're scaring little old ladies into stumping up 120 quid for parking for five minutes too long in a free and empty car park?
Are parking eyes appeals and complaints process (if they have one) actually looked at fairly and objectively, bearing in mind their sole reason for existence is to maximise profits for their shareholders?

Should an erstwhile and honest institution such as the dvla be complicit in facilitating these vulture like companies? They may be lawfully be able to sell people's information all over the place but there is a serious moral question mark there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 22:08 - Feb 21 with 1820 viewsDan_Swan

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:49 - Feb 21 by Highjack

Both parties have to agree to a contract. Otherwise it isn't a contract. If there's no evidence that a person has stopped to read and accept all the terms and conditions of the sign and then it can't be proved there was a contract. So how can you be done for breach of contract? This is why contracts usually have to be accompanied either with a signature or some other clear acknowledgement of the contract, a recording for example, which is how you can enter into contracts over the phone or via the Internet.

If all contract law was based on assumption then we'd all be running around making millions off innocent people like these shark parking companies are.

BT tried that one on me basing a 12 month contract extension on an assumption that I wanted to renew because I didn't respond to a letter they claimed to have sent to me.

I asked them for a copy of said letter which they couldn't do as they said they didn't retain them, that's where I had them as neither party had proof that such a contract existed.

As for the OP I had an issue down Parc Tawe, it was claimed I parked in a disabled bay, the guy who gave me the ticket watched me park up and had started issuing it within 2 minutes of me exiting the car as I was literally gone for that amount of time. The space itself was a normal one apart from a mottled yellow white line on one side. I told him that at the time but he said I've started to write it so I had to appeal it.

On compiling evidence for my appeal, I checked the law with regards to disabled parking bays and images from Google Earth. There are specific regulations for these bays, from memory there's only one variety. Such as space to fully open the doors on both sides of the car.

The space I had parked in had nothing that corresponded with the regulations set out by WAG and the images I obtained from Google Earth clearly showed that the 2 car parks down Parc Tawe had 6 different types of disabled parking bays.

I appealed with all of this and it was rescinded. What I didn't do is follow it up to see if they actually changed the parking bays to account for this as they could have done it to others since.

Still following Dr's orders!

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 22:09 - Feb 21 with 1818 viewsraynor94

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 20:42 - Feb 21 by controversial_jack

They become the legal owners of the vehicle, that's why they can sell your details, without your permission The police, can seize your car under certain circumstances, which if it is private property they wouldn't be able to do , But you own the equity in the car.

Seriously, why can't you accept the facts that people who know what they are talking about tell you, once again you have embarrassed yourself on here, it must be your masochistic tendencies

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 22:36 - Feb 21 with 1786 viewsjack2jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 22:08 - Feb 21 by Dan_Swan

BT tried that one on me basing a 12 month contract extension on an assumption that I wanted to renew because I didn't respond to a letter they claimed to have sent to me.

I asked them for a copy of said letter which they couldn't do as they said they didn't retain them, that's where I had them as neither party had proof that such a contract existed.

As for the OP I had an issue down Parc Tawe, it was claimed I parked in a disabled bay, the guy who gave me the ticket watched me park up and had started issuing it within 2 minutes of me exiting the car as I was literally gone for that amount of time. The space itself was a normal one apart from a mottled yellow white line on one side. I told him that at the time but he said I've started to write it so I had to appeal it.

On compiling evidence for my appeal, I checked the law with regards to disabled parking bays and images from Google Earth. There are specific regulations for these bays, from memory there's only one variety. Such as space to fully open the doors on both sides of the car.

The space I had parked in had nothing that corresponded with the regulations set out by WAG and the images I obtained from Google Earth clearly showed that the 2 car parks down Parc Tawe had 6 different types of disabled parking bays.

I appealed with all of this and it was rescinded. What I didn't do is follow it up to see if they actually changed the parking bays to account for this as they could have done it to others since.

Yeah spot on there,you should not have been issued a ticket,as the adjacent disabled space has nothing to do with the ordinary space,as long as you weren't on the yellow hatches you should be ok.As far as disabled spaces go, they are bounded with 1.2 m hatches to the sides and sometimes the rear depending on where they are,but usually that in a car park,for access to the sides and rear,glad the ticket was recinded
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 03:36 - Feb 22 with 1741 viewsLoyal

This guy can get a bit too much at times, but everyone should watch this.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 05:19 - Feb 22 with 1727 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 22:09 - Feb 21 by raynor94

Seriously, why can't you accept the facts that people who know what they are talking about tell you, once again you have embarrassed yourself on here, it must be your masochistic tendencies

You have no knowledge of this topic so I suggest you keep your comments to yourself
Login to get fewer ads

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 07:35 - Feb 22 with 1694 viewsElward

So let me get this straight, people are complaining about receiving an invoice and to pay up because they parked for longer then then the signs stated they were allowed to? So, does that mean if you read the sign and abided by what it said, you wouldn't of had one? Surely it can't be that obvious
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 07:52 - Feb 22 with 1686 viewsItchySphincter

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 20:42 - Feb 21 by controversial_jack

They become the legal owners of the vehicle, that's why they can sell your details, without your permission The police, can seize your car under certain circumstances, which if it is private property they wouldn't be able to do , But you own the equity in the car.

F*cking brilliant! Keep it up. Running rings around that ECB fella. WTF does he know anyway?!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 07:52 - Feb 22 with 1686 viewsGowerjack

Thread of the year so far....

I particularly enjoyed Controversial Jacks assertion that the DVLA own every car in the country.

Quality!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 07:54 - Feb 22 with 1681 viewsItchySphincter

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:52 - Feb 21 by monmouth

Here you go for anyone who thinks you can still, since this judgement and its consequences, wilfully ignore these things with impunity. Judges may be out of touch with real people ("85 quid is not excessive for an hour's extra stay in a free car park") but they conclusively ruled in both the court of appeal and in the Supreme Court (did that used to be the Law Lords?) that the charges are both lawful and enforceable.

Good luck to you ignorers in these circumstances. It seems by taking the spaces for longer than specified, the judges believe that you are acting against the public interest and need to be financially deterred.

I don't think it gives anyone carte blanche to do similar in different circumstances, nor, as Sherpa said, that individual circumstances won't count, but it will always be dangerous to just ignore now. That is what Parking Eye spent a fortune on lawyers to stop, and for their business, they have conclusively succeeded.

As someone else said, keep within the limit.

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/parkingeye-vs-beavis/
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 21:55]

Ignore it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 08:11 - Feb 22 with 1669 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 07:52 - Feb 22 by Gowerjack

Thread of the year so far....

I particularly enjoyed Controversial Jacks assertion that the DVLA own every car in the country.

Quality!

I'm going to ring them later because the car they own in my garage needs a couple of new tyres.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 08:47 - Feb 22 with 1653 viewslondonlisa2001

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 08:11 - Feb 22 by Joe_bradshaw

I'm going to ring them later because the car they own in my garage needs a couple of new tyres.

I was going to ask the Land Registry about getting some decoration done in my bathroom.
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 09:33 - Feb 22 with 1625 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 19:23 - Feb 21 by exiledclaseboy

Whenever you read a Controversial Jack pronouncement on anything legal read it in the context of the information in the link below.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freeman_on_the_land

This is the philosophy he follows. It's harmless enough in the main if a bit dotty and almost entirely incorrect but in the wrong hands when these people start dishing out "advice" it can become quite dangerous. It tends to appeal to the vulnerable and simple minded who try to use it to get out of paying debts and sometimes they even try it to get out of criminal charges. It invariably, absolutely without exception, fails miserably but they are the most convinced people you'll ever come across.

If controversial Jack ever ends up in court and relies on this, can he let us know, I would quite like to watch proceedings.

Does this "opting out" of the legal system, mean these people also opt out of claiming any form of benefits?

Also for those advocating "ignore" just to let you know the cost of a set aside application went up to £250 last year, mainly as a result of the increase in set aside applications from people who'd been given out of date (pre beavis) advice to ignore.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 09:35 - Feb 22 with 1619 viewsraynor94

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 05:19 - Feb 22 by controversial_jack

You have no knowledge of this topic so I suggest you keep your comments to yourself

No knowledge? I have had experience on both issues, Northampton County Court, and a Parking Eye ticket, and can categorically state you are wrong on both issues

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 10:11 - Feb 22 with 1593 viewsSTID2017

I know this sounds like an odd, maybe even old fashioned idea, but why not stay within the rules or if it you choose to flout them, just pay up on the odd occasion you get caught out ?
It worked well for me the last 50-odd years ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 10:21 - Feb 22 with 1581 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 10:11 - Feb 22 by STID2017

I know this sounds like an odd, maybe even old fashioned idea, but why not stay within the rules or if it you choose to flout them, just pay up on the odd occasion you get caught out ?
It worked well for me the last 50-odd years ...

In this case owain glyndwr tried to pay for his parking, but the machines were not working.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 10:49 - Feb 22 with 1568 viewsSTID2017

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 10:21 - Feb 22 by sherpajacob

In this case owain glyndwr tried to pay for his parking, but the machines were not working.

I live in Skewen and often use Morrisons Neath. When the machines are covered up, I have gone and asked at Morrisons Customer Service who have confirmed if I need to pay or not.
There's no excuse for just blindly ignoring a situation like this that you get stung by later.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:03 - Feb 24 with 1468 viewsowainglyndwr

I have been to Morrisons today and they have kindly sorted things out with Parking Eye.
So I must say fair play.
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:15 - Feb 24 with 1573 viewsGowerjack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:03 - Feb 24 by owainglyndwr

I have been to Morrisons today and they have kindly sorted things out with Parking Eye.
So I must say fair play.

Good news!

Now if you could just nip up the DVLA and let them know there's a problem with one of the cars they own which I look after for them...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:57 - Feb 24 with 1560 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 09:35 - Feb 22 by raynor94

No knowledge? I have had experience on both issues, Northampton County Court, and a Parking Eye ticket, and can categorically state you are wrong on both issues

Saying you have , isn't really convincing. Can you give some details? Was the summons from Northampton signed my a judge? Did it have a raised court seal, did it have a case number that could be traced to Northampton county court? Just a few little insignificant details like these would be a start.

All of those would be necessary to tell if proper court proceedings were followed rather than just it being an administrative business centre to fleece motorists
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 22:40 - Feb 24 with 1492 viewssherpajacob

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 15:03 - Feb 24 by owainglyndwr

So I must say fair play.

Well done for following the good advice, bet you never thought this thread would take off the way it did.

One slight note of caution, get some form of confirmation from Morrisons in writing or on email.

Parking eye have been known to ignore intructions to cancel from landowners. Legally they have to cancel the charge.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 07:49 - Feb 25 with 1454 viewsowainglyndwr

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 22:40 - Feb 24 by sherpajacob

Well done for following the good advice, bet you never thought this thread would take off the way it did.

One slight note of caution, get some form of confirmation from Morrisons in writing or on email.

Parking eye have been known to ignore intructions to cancel from landowners. Legally they have to cancel the charge.

Yes the manager in Morristons said that if Parking send another letter to call back to the shop and they will contact them again.
And no I never thought that this would of ended up as a 4 pager.
But it is interesting to get other people's responses
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 08:25 - Feb 25 with 1444 viewsSTID2017

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 07:49 - Feb 25 by owainglyndwr

Yes the manager in Morristons said that if Parking send another letter to call back to the shop and they will contact them again.
And no I never thought that this would of ended up as a 4 pager.
But it is interesting to get other people's responses

Glad you got a positive outcome.
Don't always count on it re parking issues though !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024