Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) 11:58 - Nov 8 with 18947 viewsFDC

Basically the same story as yesterday, but with a new first paragraph.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-speak-holloway-managers-job
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 11:59]
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:39 - Nov 10 with 2745 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:37 - Nov 10 by 1BobbyHazell

So Ollie it is.

Feels like an appointment based on 'who will the fans like the most' as opposed to best available manager but who cares. He's back and we love him so lets enjoy it (while we can).

Not quite, while bookies are still offering odds, it isn't quite "done"

Tim was 1/4 48 hours ago!
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:51 - Nov 10 with 2699 viewsdaveB

So Ollie it is.

Feels like an appointment based on 'who will the fans like the most' as opposed to best available manager but who cares. He's back and we love him so lets enjoy it (while we can).

to be fair they offered it to Rowett and he said no. Other than him options looked crap
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:52 - Nov 10 with 2689 viewsdaveB

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:29 - Nov 10 by baz_qpr

There is no doubt we will get behind them or there passion for the club, but the record at Millwall was dire. When he was here before he had Jackett to lean on and that made a good team. Number 2 is so important because Ollie is a "manager" not a coach

His record at Millwall was poor but he got promoted with Palace and did a wonderful job at Blackpool without Kenny Jackett..

Who he brings in as his coaching staff will be key to how he does though
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:00 - Nov 10 with 2641 viewsbrad

happy with ian holloway!at least he will unite the fans......and lads are right.... he needs a good coach and assistant.
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:14 - Nov 10 with 2561 viewsadhoc_qpr

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:52 - Nov 10 by daveB

His record at Millwall was poor but he got promoted with Palace and did a wonderful job at Blackpool without Kenny Jackett..

Who he brings in as his coaching staff will be key to how he does though

The good thing about Holloway is he always seems to learn from each job and he's shown he's willing to change his approach to get results.

He bounced back after the Leicester debacle, let's hope we can benefit from his return after the Millwall spell went badly wrong.
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:28 - Nov 10 with 2473 viewsJAPRANGERS

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:00 - Nov 10 by PinnerPaul

In other news Tim is now Director of Football at Swindon Town.

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:32 - Nov 10 with 2433 viewsrichranger

Skybet now suspended betting altogether on QPR Job - Holloway must have resigned from them :>)
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:34 - Nov 10 with 2428 viewsFDC

So Ollie it is.

I'm pretty sure Clive's been in TF's ear...
Login to get fewer ads

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:42 - Nov 10 with 2392 viewsNorthernr

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:34 - Nov 10 by FDC

If I had I'm not convinced I'd have advised this, though I am quite taken by the idea. Really tough appointment, don't envy them having to choose.
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:47 - Nov 10 with 2367 viewsA40Bosh

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:32 - Nov 10 by richranger

Skybet now suspended betting altogether on QPR Job - Holloway must have resigned from them :>)

No, I think it is because they confirmed that Rangers have agreed to terminate Barton's contract with immediate effect.

Yep, be afraid, be very afriad.

Guess who's back

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:49 - Nov 10 with 2348 viewsqprnaas

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:34 - Nov 10 by FDC

i cant help but think this is the wrong decision.. the whole lot from sacking JFH at this stage of the season to getting holloway who has struggled in last two jobs and bircham in with minimum managerial experience, just reeks of short termism, knee jerk reactions and mob rule... maybe we the fans know best? well it looks like we are going to find out... But on the plus side, it will be much more enjoyable as long as we dont drift down the table
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:55 - Nov 10 with 2297 viewsonlyrinmoray

How about a list on here with who we want for the job Then in 12 months time we can point fingers and say " its all your fault" and all the others can be smug and say" I told you so" when that person is sacked. It will save a lot of grief
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 17:24 - Nov 10 with 2161 viewsBAWHoops

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 17:30 - Nov 10 with 2125 viewsA40Bosh

https://richardedwardsinfo.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/oliver-hardy.jpg?w=275&h=

[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 17:33]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 18:26 - Nov 10 with 2016 viewsdaveB

For me it's an absolute no brainer to appoint Holloway.

We are around mid table, looking at the squad that's where we will probably stay, a chance we could get dragged into trouble or go made and push for top 6 but in all likelihood this is going ot be similar to last season.

So we have on the tale the options of Rowett, Clement, Robinson and Holloway. I'm not sure anyone else was a serious contender.

Rowett looks a promising manager but his style of play is similar to JFH, he's at a club he used to play for where expectations have been low so far and having seen his side twice this year I can't say i was impressed with them. Plus he said no to us twice now so bollox to him.

Karl Robinson ticks a lot of boxes, I like him a lot but he’s was relegated from this level last year and would be a big step up at QPR with much bigger expectations. Is one thing developing young players in league one under no pressure, a much harder job at QPR where results and style are so important going by the last 18 months.

Clement again ticks boxes but spent a fortune at Derby and they were no more than OK, not sure he;d have left Munich and big question marks over if he is any good or not. If his Dad hasn’t played for QPR he’d be of as much interest as Ryan Giggs.

So then you have Holloway. I wouldn’t have thought for a second he’d be in the running until Monday and then I saw it mentioned on twitter and started to think it was a good idea.

The club at the moment is depressed, I know all the logic points to long term thinking etc but this is an angry fan base arguing about everything and bored of the football, crowds on the way down and season ticket renewals going out soon. Holloway and Bircham coming in lifts the place, as Clive said if we can’t get behind these two then god knows who we can get behind.

I think they will do a very good job. I heard Warnock on DannY bakers show recently and he spoke about going into clubs and injecting some humour and I do think that is needed. The players look like they don’t enjoy playing football. F course cracking a few jokes won’t make an crap player any better but having a work environment that you enjoy is vital in any job and if the players are looking forward to going to work and having fun that brings a team spirit and I think performances follow. It’s the basic way Warnock did things to forge a unit and Holloway in his last spell. Not everyone buys into it but it can work superbly well.

I think they’ll give the place a lift and we’ll see some better performances, it should be said Holloway isn’t just a clown who will rabble rouse, things went badly at Millwall but he did a superb job at Blackpool with a promotion, a hell of a battle to stay up and a play off final and for all the stick he gets about his time at Palace he did take them up, he’s no mug and imo better manager than he was when he left us.

It could all go wrong but any manager could go wrong, for what the club needs now this feels right and it’s the first time I’ve been excited about QPR since the playoff final 2 years ago
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 18:49 - Nov 10 with 1950 viewsPunteR

I'm not 100% convinced this is a good idea.
Will the players respond to his type of management. Would any of them really know what he's all about?
Dont get me wrong, i love Holloway but is this just trying to make the fans happy while not really building on the football side of things.
Is Ian Holloway a natural successor to JFH?
Seems another lurch in another direction hinting that the club still dont really know what they are doing.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 18:55 - Nov 10 with 1925 viewsfrancisbowles

What is Ryan Nelson doing these days? Wonder if he is up for a defensive coach role in Ollie's team?
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 18:55 - Nov 10 with 1924 viewsItalianR

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 12:34 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

I don't think you can compare it to Southampton Dave! They lose managers in general because they are doing well! When was the last time we had a manager poached? I know a couple sniffed round Ollie (and he had a very good sniff back with Leicester, Wolves and Plymouth, must be said) but other than that? Gerry?

Agree we need a character though. That's why I'm extremely leery about Clement.

I know Redknapp didn't get sniffed, but I'm pretty sure his dog got sniffed all the time.
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 18:59 - Nov 10 with 1904 viewsqprphil

Lets be honest here, no one actually knows who will succeed, whoever is appointed will have a difficult task on their hands. Relegation battle, mid table, play off place, it's all crystal ball stuff. It's all about opinions, lets hope someone is right with their choice.
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 19:55 - Nov 10 with 1799 viewsFredManRave

Not wanting to start a new Holloway thread and subsequently lose my locking thread virginity I'll just leave this Evening Standard article here;

Looks like Holloway to be announced tomorrow;

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ian-holloway-set-to-be-announced-as-new

Ian Holloway set to be announced as new QPR manager on Friday

Ian Holloway has won the race to become QPR manager and will be officially announced tomorrow.

Standard Sport revealed yesterday that Holloway was on the verge of making a shock return to Loftus Road, 10 years after his first spell as manager came to an end.

Rangers have interviewed several candidates this week including former Derby boss Paul Clement and ex MK Dons coach Karl Robinson.

Tim Sherwood was also a possibility, but his financial demands meant he was out of QPR's price range and he has accepted a role as director of football at Swindon instead.

QPR fans get their wish as Sherwood heads to Swindon
Holloway quickly emerged as the board's preferred choice and will be a popular appointment with the fans.

The former midfielder enjoyed five years as a player there between 1991-96. He was also in charge as a manager for five seasons between 2001-2006, leading the club back from League One to the Championship in 2004.

It is understood that he will be officially unveiled to the media early next week, while an announcement over the make-up of his backroom staff will soon follow.

THE CHALLENGE FACING HOLLOWAY: QPR'S NEXT SIX GAMES

vs Norwich (h)
vs Ipswich (a)
vs Wolves (h)
vs Rotherham (a)
vs Derby (h)
vs Aston Villa (h)
A deal for former midfielder and youth team coach Marc Bircham is expected to be completed shortly to become Holloway's assistant.

The club, who fired Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink last Saturday after dropping to 17th in the table, still believe that they can challenge for promotion.

They are currently just six points behind sixth-placed Leeds in the championship.

QPR director of football Les Ferdinand told Standard Sport earlier this week that they wanted a coach who was capable of working with a squad that is now full of young players and cheap buys.

He said: "When you're getting rid of more than 13 players in two years, you have to realise where you are. We are trying to bring hungrier players into the club.

"We are trying to bring a manager who can bring the best out of these players and help them become assets instead."

Holloway has been out of work since being fired by Millwall in March last year.

His greatest achievement was arguably leading Blackpool into the Premier League in 2010, although they were relegated a year later.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 20:15 - Nov 10 with 1738 viewsHooparoo

I have great affection for Ollie too (as we all do) but is this really the best we can do? I don't see how his appointment is going to improve any of our players technically or tactically. We should have also looked at overseas options as well surely?

Just seems like a rushed appointment to me and smacks a bit of a TF panic attack. Happy to be proved wrong but I have a feeling that we are going further backwards.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 20:19 - Nov 10 with 1721 viewsJigsore

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 20:37 - Nov 10 with 1661 viewsaston_hoop

Isn't Steve Palmer a well respected coach these days? get the whole band back together. Always thought he'd make a decent coach

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 20:41 - Nov 10 with 1638 viewseghamranger

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 20:37 - Nov 10 by aston_hoop

Isn't Steve Palmer a well respected coach these days? get the whole band back together. Always thought he'd make a decent coach

I would try to tempt Ainsworth away from Wycombe
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 21:32 - Nov 10 with 2854 viewsdaveB

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 20:15 - Nov 10 by Hooparoo

I have great affection for Ollie too (as we all do) but is this really the best we can do? I don't see how his appointment is going to improve any of our players technically or tactically. We should have also looked at overseas options as well surely?

Just seems like a rushed appointment to me and smacks a bit of a TF panic attack. Happy to be proved wrong but I have a feeling that we are going further backwards.

I said the same thing when he came in last time, how will he improve players but he did improve players, several players like Padula, Shittu, Rowlands, Ainsworth, Gallen and Furlong played the best football of their career under him and was similar at Blackpool with Ian Evatt, Charlie Adam, DJ Campbell and Luke Varney, all did brilliantly under him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024