Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) 11:58 - Nov 8 with 18946 viewsFDC

Basically the same story as yesterday, but with a new first paragraph.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-speak-holloway-managers-job
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 11:59]
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 13:37 - Nov 8 with 3137 viewsDorse

Didn't realise that Freedman and Robinson had actually applied for the role. Do you think there is an application form? I like the idea of prospective football managers having to fill out the form in the waiting room, presumably whilst Connor is watching them closely to make sure they don't nick our pens.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 13:44 - Nov 8 with 3117 viewscorse

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 13:47 - Nov 8 with 3097 viewspaulparker

Well one thing is for certain if Ollie does come back the atmosphere for the Norwich game will be brilliant , it would give the place a proper lift which is what we are lacking
if we got clement or tim people would be just like Meh ,
we need someone to get us going and that man is Ollie , he also has unfinished business here , this is a man who is a motivator , sod palace and wall QPR is his cave,
As for this rubbish about the last 8 months of his last reign I think people are forgetting the paladini effect , Ollie was trying to keep the club together while that Italian ponce was trying to destabilise the club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 13:49 - Nov 8 with 3079 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 13:07 - Nov 8 by Nov77

No , an Ollie team was made up of English characters like bircham, ainsworth etc who bought into his madness.

Our current Carlos kickaballs would probably think he's an idiot.

Really, Nov?

Bare bones.

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 14:34 - Nov 8 with 2990 viewsThe_Mole

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 12:42 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

If it was Ollie - who would be his assistant? Would Birch come back from the States? Furs?

I think Birch would jump at the chance to come back...

The way this club is at present, I think we need a character to lift the place and the players. Ollie fits this description for me perfectly, plus he knows the Championship very well.

He admitted recently on a Sky Sports interview that he's an 'R' so with that lengthy sabbatical well in the distant now I for one would love to see him back.
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 14:39 - Nov 8 with 2959 viewssimmo

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 13:07 - Nov 8 by Nov77

No , an Ollie team was made up of English characters like bircham, ainsworth etc who bought into his madness.

Our current Carlos kickaballs would probably think he's an idiot.

Not sure I agree with that. It also downplays that his media personality aside, he's a very accomplished manager.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 14:50 - Nov 8 with 2930 viewsBrightonhoop

Ollie with Ainsworth and Birch to the end of the season would be a very interesting prospect. And one that I would relish.
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:16 - Nov 8 with 2867 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 12:27 - Nov 8 by daveB

He did struggle at Millwall and in the end at Palace but he's had a break now and I think he could be quite good.

Warnock was on Danny Baker show the other week and was asked what you do when you go into these clubs mid season, he said you add a sense of humour. He was saying they can all play and you can work all week on tactics etc but players are not robots and if you add some humour to things people enjoy their work and end up working harder. It's a basic approach and is hardly the answer to everything but our team for the last 3 years have looked like one who hate playing football and find no joy from it. Holloway coming in and making it fun for the players might be something that helps bring better more relaxed performances.

Of course it could go the other way as well but why not try it?

Realistically whoever comes in we're going to be mid table at best, possibly a relegation battle if it starts badly and i think what Holloway would do is lift the place a bit and get fans onside.

Long term I don't think it would work but long term i don't think any manager works these days, if we'd given it to Warnock plenty would be wanting him out within a year.

Managers only ever last 18 months at best so I think it's worth appointing managers with this kind of thinking. Get someone in for a short term job then see where you are in 18 months and appoint what is required at that stage. It's the way Southampton do it and has worked for them. the days of a long term manager are long gone

Spot on Dave.

I think the club needs a manger the fans can connect with emotionally, and as I like you, think we're destined for 10th - 15th whoever comes in, think Ollie would do as well (or badly) as anyone.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:34 - Nov 8 with 2823 viewskensalriser

Not sure I really buy the emotional attachment/connection with past heroes. Sure, it will be great for the first few weeks but after that it will all be about the results, as usual. Look at the grief Ferdinand's getting. Bottom line, all fans want is results and if results aren't forthcoming then whoever's in charge will get abuse.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:36 - Nov 8 with 2813 viewsBklynRanger

I think Karl Robinson has more chance of becoming our new Ollie than Ollie has of becoming the old Ollie.
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:38 - Nov 8 with 2806 viewsDannytheR

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:34 - Nov 8 by kensalriser

Not sure I really buy the emotional attachment/connection with past heroes. Sure, it will be great for the first few weeks but after that it will all be about the results, as usual. Look at the grief Ferdinand's getting. Bottom line, all fans want is results and if results aren't forthcoming then whoever's in charge will get abuse.

Agreed. I'm fond of Ollie, who isn't - but the idea everyone loved him at either end of his time here last time is just rewriting history, and I have no doubt the fans would turn on him this time if it went tits up.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 15:44]
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:53 - Nov 8 with 2760 viewsvegasranger

There must be a place for Holloway in our future coaching set up? Lots of experience and the personality to liven the place up. As for manager ,it's just a predictable dirge of average nothing. We obviously had no real plan. Clement is probably the favorite but reading the views of Derby fans doesn't enthrall. As fans we aren't supposed to understand the whole football world. You can't tell me there isn't some manager out there with a C.V that could be right for our club. Other teams seem to find unearth gems of managers, why not us?
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:17 - Nov 8 with 2702 viewsTacticalR

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:53 - Nov 8 by vegasranger

There must be a place for Holloway in our future coaching set up? Lots of experience and the personality to liven the place up. As for manager ,it's just a predictable dirge of average nothing. We obviously had no real plan. Clement is probably the favorite but reading the views of Derby fans doesn't enthrall. As fans we aren't supposed to understand the whole football world. You can't tell me there isn't some manager out there with a C.V that could be right for our club. Other teams seem to find unearth gems of managers, why not us?

Court jester?

Air hostess clique

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 17:06 - Nov 8 with 2648 viewsWatfordR

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 13:47 - Nov 8 by paulparker

Well one thing is for certain if Ollie does come back the atmosphere for the Norwich game will be brilliant , it would give the place a proper lift which is what we are lacking
if we got clement or tim people would be just like Meh ,
we need someone to get us going and that man is Ollie , he also has unfinished business here , this is a man who is a motivator , sod palace and wall QPR is his cave,
As for this rubbish about the last 8 months of his last reign I think people are forgetting the paladini effect , Ollie was trying to keep the club together while that Italian ponce was trying to destabilise the club

I seem to remember that we were Ollie's Eastenders when he became King Lear at Leicester.

Stan Bowles is my all time sporting hero, but it doesn't mean I think we should have him playing in our Number 10 shirt nowadays.

Ollie did a great job for us at a time when we were sh1t. We're not great now, but we need someone technically way more capable than him to take us forward.
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 17:24 - Nov 8 with 2621 viewsJAPRANGERS

Do we really want a lesbian librarian as manager??
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 17:47 - Nov 8 with 2318 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 15:53 - Nov 8 by vegasranger

Who have other clubs 'unearthed'? And who do you suggest?

Bare bones.

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 19:19 - Nov 8 with 2221 viewsrichranger

Holloway now second favourite to be manager, with Clement, and also Sherwood, drifting. New money coming in for Gary Rowett, now 3rd favourite with Skybet
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 19:42 - Nov 8 with 2160 viewsvegasranger

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:17 - Nov 8 by TacticalR

Court jester?

LOL !!!
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 20:45 - Nov 8 with 2100 viewsBenny_the_Ball

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 16:17 - Nov 8 by TacticalR

Court jester?

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 21:30 - Nov 8 with 2034 viewsFDC

McIntyre now saying Holloway not happening

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 21:52 - Nov 8 with 1989 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'm not at all sure that going back to Ollie is a good thing.

But I know one thing and that is that if he does come back and gets flak because we're not playing beautiful football or are outside the play-offs and someone makes up some bloody nickname for him then I'll do my nut.
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 22:17 - Nov 8 with 1940 viewsStanisgod

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 13:37 - Nov 8 by Dorse

Didn't realise that Freedman and Robinson had actually applied for the role. Do you think there is an application form? I like the idea of prospective football managers having to fill out the form in the waiting room, presumably whilst Connor is watching them closely to make sure they don't nick our pens.

Seem to remember my ex brother in law , one Chris Kemp of the god know how many consecutive first team games fame , once applying for the Birmingham job years ago , and he got a genuine reply. No obviously.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 18:05 - Nov 9 with 1747 viewsfrancisbowles

If it is Ollie then his team needs not only an assistant, say Birch, but an experienced senior coach. Apart from Gerry or Schteve and I wouldn't think tbey are available, can't think of anyone that might fit the bill and I don't think it needs to be someone previously connected with the club.
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 13:16 - Nov 10 with 1576 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 18:05 - Nov 9 by francisbowles

If it is Ollie then his team needs not only an assistant, say Birch, but an experienced senior coach. Apart from Gerry or Schteve and I wouldn't think tbey are available, can't think of anyone that might fit the bill and I don't think it needs to be someone previously connected with the club.

The guy played nearly 600 games as a professional and has managed pretty much without a break for nearly 20 years but still the digs have started already - "Not exactly brains trust:"; 'Needs an experienced coach" "Football has moved on"

Does make me laugh when the nearest to professional football any of us have been is watching from the stands!
QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 13:36 - Nov 10 with 1989 viewsNorthernr

QPR speak to Holloway (WLS) on 21:52 - Nov 8 by CiderwithRsie

I'm not at all sure that going back to Ollie is a good thing.

But I know one thing and that is that if he does come back and gets flak because we're not playing beautiful football or are outside the play-offs and someone makes up some bloody nickname for him then I'll do my nut.

Start dealing with it now. He'll be "Hollowhead" or something like that by the end of March.

I do agree Holloway works better with an astute assistant, but Christ if we can't get behind Ian Holloway and Marc Bircham we may as well fcking give up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024