Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? 19:47 - Oct 15 with 7467 viewsSwanjack10

Bought my daughter a car as she's now 17 , its only a little 51plate corsa for her to learn in , the garage in briton ferry didn't give me a reciept and the engine is leaking oil so bad its empty after a week, the alternator is covered in oil , any idea of the location of leak if mechanics online and the garage just fobbing me bullsh1t, as no reciept and other issues is there legal action I could take rather than pulling the front end of his face off.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 10:29 - Oct 16 with 1459 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 10:22 - Oct 16 by Jackfath

Have you spoken with the vendor about your situation?

Yes fathy, and he said "see you in court" abrubtly and put phone down.lovely trader mate isnt he lol , tvvat of a man, I told him the car was for a new driver aswell , bloody thing is a death trap.

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 11:54 - Oct 16 with 1398 viewsperchrockjack

Given that attitude then surely its worth claim in the small claim courts.

This fella needs to e stopped as he could be selling death traps.

I would humbly suggest an independent examiner takes a look at this and you take it from there.

It could well be the case the vehicle has more serious faults that have been covered up and when presented with these findings the garage will settle out of court

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 12:12 - Oct 16 with 1384 viewsDyfnant

Thought any vehicle trader is legally obliged to provide 3 months warranty

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 13:24 - Oct 16 with 1349 viewsswan85

As said before you have a good case, "sold as seen" is not a right of the seller. You have warranty rights etc under Sale of Goods Act. Get in touch with small claims court, you can get papers written for about £30 (admin fee) in order to serve them to the seller.

Good luck!
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 14:21 - Oct 16 with 1313 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 13:24 - Oct 16 by swan85

As said before you have a good case, "sold as seen" is not a right of the seller. You have warranty rights etc under Sale of Goods Act. Get in touch with small claims court, you can get papers written for about £30 (admin fee) in order to serve them to the seller.

Good luck!

Thankyou

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 15:24 - Oct 16 with 1279 viewsmorningstar

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:19 - Oct 15 by dickythorpe

"Oil Beef Hooked Motors"

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 16:00 - Oct 16 with 1253 viewsDafyddHuw

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:06 - Oct 15 by Swanjack10

Come over bridge towards port talbot from swansea take the mcdonalds exit, from roundabout head towards neath, first or second turning left by church before shops cafe etc and its a compound on the left, garage had no name , dodgy traders they must be, trading on gumtree all I know is the fellas name.

And you had no qualms about buying a car from this guy?
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 16:15 - Oct 16 with 1246 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 16:00 - Oct 16 by DafyddHuw

And you had no qualms about buying a car from this guy?

Obviously not, are you taking the p1ss? He seemed a tidy enough bloke.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024