Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? 19:47 - Oct 15 with 7466 viewsSwanjack10

Bought my daughter a car as she's now 17 , its only a little 51plate corsa for her to learn in , the garage in briton ferry didn't give me a reciept and the engine is leaking oil so bad its empty after a week, the alternator is covered in oil , any idea of the location of leak if mechanics online and the garage just fobbing me bullsh1t, as no reciept and other issues is there legal action I could take rather than pulling the front end of his face off.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:03 - Oct 15 with 1395 viewsdickythorpe

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:41 - Oct 15 by Darran

What garage?

He's obviously deaf Dar
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:06 - Oct 15 with 1393 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:41 - Oct 15 by Darran

What garage?

Come over bridge towards port talbot from swansea take the mcdonalds exit, from roundabout head towards neath, first or second turning left by church before shops cafe etc and its a compound on the left, garage had no name , dodgy traders they must be, trading on gumtree all I know is the fellas name.

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:09 - Oct 15 with 1387 viewsdickythorpe

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:06 - Oct 15 by Swanjack10

Come over bridge towards port talbot from swansea take the mcdonalds exit, from roundabout head towards neath, first or second turning left by church before shops cafe etc and its a compound on the left, garage had no name , dodgy traders they must be, trading on gumtree all I know is the fellas name.

"Blind Pugh automotive", I know it well
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:13 - Oct 15 with 1379 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:09 - Oct 15 by dickythorpe

"Blind Pugh automotive", I know it well

Lovely name, no more jokes dicky ffs

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:19 - Oct 15 with 1365 viewsDarran

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:06 - Oct 15 by Swanjack10

Do you have to go under a bridge?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:19 - Oct 15 with 1365 viewsdickythorpe

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:13 - Oct 15 by Swanjack10

Lovely name, no more jokes dicky ffs

"Oil Beef Hooked Motors"
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:20 - Oct 15 with 1362 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:19 - Oct 15 by Darran

Yes daz mate

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:22 - Oct 15 with 1358 viewsDarran

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:20 - Oct 15 by Swanjack10

Yes daz mate

I know it. Looks well dodgy.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:25 - Oct 15 with 1352 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:22 - Oct 15 by Darran

I know it. Looks well dodgy.

Time to face mr elliot, its only a 700 quid car but the inconvenience and my young daughters upset is enough, I for one could never do this , it happened so fast, car, cash, log book info and I took his word.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 22:56]

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:27 - Oct 15 with 1346 viewsbuilthjack

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:25 - Oct 15 by Swanjack10

Time to face mr elliot, its only a 700 quid car but the inconvenience and my young daughters upset is enough, I for one could never do this , it happened so fast, car, cash, log book info and I took his word.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 22:56]

Take a crowbar

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:47 - Oct 15 with 1331 viewsporschejack

Hello , you've got special rights now with the Trading Standards , its all changed for the buyers good . There was an article on this in Practical Classics mag in August this year ( I left my copy in the hotel for others ) - a guy bought an MG Rover something , it turned out to be a shed , went to court and the guy won everything - no probs , you need to get sussed up on this as you've got a damn good case .

Anyway , the selling garage are in deep poop if you read the mag - you need a copy or phone Practical Classics .
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:49 - Oct 15 with 1327 viewsBrynmill_Jack

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:19 - Oct 15 by Darran

I thought you lived under a bridge like the rest of the trolls................................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:58 - Oct 15 with 1314 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 22:47 - Oct 15 by porschejack

Hello , you've got special rights now with the Trading Standards , its all changed for the buyers good . There was an article on this in Practical Classics mag in August this year ( I left my copy in the hotel for others ) - a guy bought an MG Rover something , it turned out to be a shed , went to court and the guy won everything - no probs , you need to get sussed up on this as you've got a damn good case .

Anyway , the selling garage are in deep poop if you read the mag - you need a copy or phone Practical Classics .

Thanks for kind advice , i will look into this.

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 23:25 - Oct 15 with 1292 viewsporschejack

Get the Practical Classic mag for August 2016 - Seriously ,you've got no problem .
Please let me know by PM how how they are held responsible and consequences etc , I'm interested , cheers .
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 23:29 - Oct 15 with 1289 viewsexiledclaseboy

Buying used cars is a lottery. Sold as seen etc.

Poll: Tory leader

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 23:40 - Oct 15 with 1231 viewsporschejack

Its on Google .
Type - Practical Classics August 2016 Trading Standards .
Scroll down and you'll find it .
Happy Days .
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 23:43 - Oct 15 with 1226 viewsporschejack

Its under Pressreader on Google .
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 23:52 - Oct 15 with 1220 viewsswanstillidai

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 23:29 - Oct 15 by exiledclaseboy

Is the right answer. But sold as seen is no longer allowed if a trader. It does apply to private sales tho.

Also, the older the car - the higher the risk.

I've sold loads of cars in good faith but guess what? Things do go wrong afterwards.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 0:00]
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 23:58 - Oct 15 with 1217 viewsBrynmill_Jack

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 23:29 - Oct 15 by exiledclaseboy

Do you get extra protection if you pay by credit card???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 01:40 - Oct 16 with 1183 viewsLoyal

If the ad or receipt state 'as seen' or similar you can't do much about it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 09:54 - Oct 16 with 1131 viewsperchrockjack

Advertisement is key. "perfect"? NAH.

Price of repair /labour is of no consequence .What is a 75 yr old lady bought it?

Sale of Goods Act still applies.

Ive never met swanjack in the flesh but it might be the case that on meeting an angry swanjack he might replace the car of refund the money.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 10:01 - Oct 16 with 1122 viewsLoyal

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 09:54 - Oct 16 by perchrockjack

Advertisement is key. "perfect"? NAH.

Price of repair /labour is of no consequence .What is a 75 yr old lady bought it?

Sale of Goods Act still applies.

Ive never met swanjack in the flesh but it might be the case that on meeting an angry swanjack he might replace the car of refund the money.

Advertisement means nothing perchy if the bill of sale states As Seen.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 10:11 - Oct 16 with 1110 viewsperchrockjack

"of merchanable quality" is still law of the land

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 10:16 - Oct 16 with 1103 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 10:01 - Oct 16 by Loyal

Advertisement means nothing perchy if the bill of sale states As Seen.

There was no reciept saying"sold as seen"the car was advertised as a being mechanically sound , etc"so Im not sure if its the traders responsibility to give me a receipt. Porshe jack has given me info which im gonna look into, I hope its only the oil switch that some kind poster said might be the problem, ive spent enough on it already , no way this car passed a legit mot

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 10:22 - Oct 16 with 1089 viewsJackfath

Have you spoken with the vendor about your situation?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024