Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty 17:21 - Jun 11 with 62010 viewsFDC

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 18:28 - Jun 12 with 3799 viewsHonkytonks

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 18:13 - Jun 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Sound, Clive. Take it easy, my man.

Group hug xxxx
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 18:40 - Jun 12 with 3756 viewsBoston

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 17:48 - Jun 12 by QPRDave

...Peskie Poles!!

Very clever.

BTW...had to laugh while listening to one of the local radio stations. It surprised me that they were even covering it, surprised me even more when on the audio running behind the commentary you could clearly here a London accent shouting 'have it'!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 18:42 - Jun 12 with 3748 viewsPunteR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 17:51 - Jun 12 by FDC

Until the comedown, at which point hordes of edgy Russians pour out on to the streets wracked with self loathing, looking for a tear up to take their minds off the terrible bullshit they were coming out with the night before

Or looking to buy a henry of soap from somewhere. Shame the Dutch aren't there.:)
Ah well, be good for about 5 hours at least.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 18:42 - Jun 12 with 3744 viewsQPRDave

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 18:28 - Jun 12 by Honkytonks

Group hug xxxx

Brian's the panda!!
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 19:02 - Jun 12 with 3691 viewsQPRDave

BREAKING: French police have praised the Scottish fans on their behaviour so far this tournament.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 19:10 - Jun 12 with 3661 viewsjohncharles

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 19:02 - Jun 12 by QPRDave

BREAKING: French police have praised the Scottish fans on their behaviour so far this tournament.

Strong and stable my arse.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 19:13 - Jun 12 with 3639 viewsLblock

From OneFootball..... Interesting read

Scenes of fans clashing in Marseille over the past 72 have, unfortunately, taken away from just how stunning the city is.

Violent altercations between Russian and English supporters have left an early stain on the tournament, with Marseille at ground zero.

Walking through Vieux Port (Old Town Port) on Sunday afternoon, all was peaceful. The views of the port are spectacular, the weather perfect, and a general sense of happiness lines the streets, which showcase some stunning French architecture.

The world’s eyes, though, have only been focused on Marseille to see fans charging at each other with fists, chairs, bottles, and anything else within the vicinity. Footage of police using teargas to calm down the crowds went viral and the general consensus on the street is that the police have not only been ill-equipped, but also provocative. The situation quickly spiralled out of control and the authorities have been worse than helpless.

It has been widely reported that the travelling Russian fans have instigated much of the violence and that is what I have witnessed on the ground, as well as in the stadium on Saturday night.

Russian fans infiltrated the England fan area, tearing down banners and flags, forcing England fans to flee the terraces by any means possible, including jumping the barriers.

Speaking to England fans after the game and watching the situation unfold on social media, and it has emerged that there may be more to this than first thought.

England fan Mark Wrack posted this on Facebook last night:

“Top nite in Marseille. Shenanigans early doors, provocation from the French cops & media. Not everyone is an angel but not laying blame where it don’t belong.

“Stayed for a late one in the Port area. Met some absolute class lads from all over (all loving the Leicester), enjoyed a drink outside the lively pubs, no bother at all…then just as my issues goes loo, bars shut in seconds, got teargassed, eyes burning, people choking everywhere and riot shields stream thru for absolutely NO reason whatsoever. The local neighbourhood gangs conveniently appear, picking off fans & beating them with the boot, first and metal bar. Funnily enough, no police intervention there.”

I did not witness this particular event but, after speaking with a few fans, there is a common trend.

Police only appear to be surfacing when they feel like it and neighbourhood gangs in Marseille are somehow involved and intertwined with the police force.

It has not surprised me to see these reports spread and without taking sides in the situation (I’m Australian), England fans have definitely been hard done by.

It will be interesting to see if reports such as these are substantiated, I can only write what I have seen for myself or heard from the fans.

Nevertheless, let’s hope Marseille is not tainted again in the next game played here.

Au revoir, Marseille. Next stop, Lyon!
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 19:14]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 19:49 - Jun 12 with 3548 viewsHonkytonks

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 19:10 - Jun 12 by johncharles

Login to get fewer ads

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:00 - Jun 12 with 3514 viewsMoonshineSteve

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 17:47 - Jun 12 by QPRDave

According to sky news

UEFA has warned England and Russia they could be disqualified from Euro 2016 if there is further violence between supporters of the two nations.

It comes after Russia was charged with crowd disorder and racist behaviour after ugly scenes overshadowed Saturday's game at the Stade Velodrome, which ended 1-1.

England supporters were forced to flee the stands shortly after the end of the match as thugs broke through a line of stewards and started attacking them.

:: England Fan In Stadium: 'People Just Ran'

The disorder was the climax to three days of violence between English, Russian and French fans in the port city that left dozens injured and led to more than a dozen arrests.

That sounds like a seriously low arrest quotient.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:04 - Jun 12 with 3494 viewsderbyhoop

Even if, as seems likely, the English fans were the innocent party, trouble at overseas games follows them like a bad smell. that's why I didn't want to go to any games involving England.

So Iceland vs Hungary and Poland vs Ukraine it is.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:11 - Jun 12 with 3463 viewsHonkytonks

Blimey Derby mate poles/ Ukraine be a blood bath!
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:14 - Jun 12 with 3454 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:11 - Jun 12 by Honkytonks

Blimey Derby mate poles/ Ukraine be a blood bath!

I worked in Poland, I'd be worried for you in that one as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:18 - Jun 12 with 3440 viewsFredManRave

Brian McCarthy wrote; Things you mightn't know about me, just for the record: I was born in England, I've spent 17 years in England in total, half of my friends are English, I've held British passports, I've supported England in the flesh and on the box, I was shouting for England last night, I had friends in Marseilles last night, I follow English cricket.

You could make a film about that but as with all sequels it wouldn't be as good as the original.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:26 - Jun 12 with 3412 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:18 - Jun 12 by FredManRave

Brian McCarthy wrote; Things you mightn't know about me, just for the record: I was born in England, I've spent 17 years in England in total, half of my friends are English, I've held British passports, I've supported England in the flesh and on the box, I was shouting for England last night, I had friends in Marseilles last night, I follow English cricket.

You could make a film about that but as with all sequels it wouldn't be as good as the original.

It's an unholy - but beautiful - mess, Fred!

If people ask me then I say that I'm Irish, if they say "you were born in England, you're English" I say "True". I've got a sister who was born in cork but has a London accent, half my family live in England, half in Ireland. I practically live on an Aer Lingus 737!

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:48 - Jun 12 with 3334 viewsdistortR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:26 - Jun 12 by BrianMcCarthy

If people ask me then I say that I'm Irish, if they say "you were born in England, you're English" I say "True". I've got a sister who was born in cork but has a London accent, half my family live in England, half in Ireland. I practically live on an Aer Lingus 737!

what I will say about Brian, having known him for decades, is the bastard isn't aging as fast as me.

Wrong 'un.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:49 - Jun 12 with 4348 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 21:19 - Jun 12 with 4275 viewsQPRDave

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 21:41 - Jun 12 with 4224 viewsDWQPR

Are you a stowaway then Brian?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 21:43 - Jun 12 with 4215 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 21:41 - Jun 12 by DWQPR

Are you a stowaway then Brian?

I live in a dog kennel in the hold.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 01:23 - Jun 13 with 3999 viewstimcocking

We all know England has a reasonable number of short haired right leaning fellas who like a punch up. It's in our blood. I'd say in reality it's a fairly small percentage of the British male population, though, and it's mostly for fun.

With the Russians, as far as I can tell (and I live in the middle of loads of them), it seems to be almost all of the male Russians have a very definite short haired racist homophobic violent look about them. They don't like anybody or anything and seem...a very unpleasant lot.

Putin seems to me a very typical Russian man.

Disappointed to see our boys running away though.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 06:07 - Jun 13 with 3955 viewsdistortR

just seen some footage, seems amazing to me that the russians can wear a uniform yet the french police can't round them up.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 06:40 - Jun 13 with 3933 viewsstowmarketrange

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 01:23 - Jun 13 by timcocking

We all know England has a reasonable number of short haired right leaning fellas who like a punch up. It's in our blood. I'd say in reality it's a fairly small percentage of the British male population, though, and it's mostly for fun.

With the Russians, as far as I can tell (and I live in the middle of loads of them), it seems to be almost all of the male Russians have a very definite short haired racist homophobic violent look about them. They don't like anybody or anything and seem...a very unpleasant lot.

I'm sorry mate but that's a pretty stupid thing to say if you weren't there.Not everyone wants to stand there and fight toe to toe with someone who wants to beat the sh*t out of you,or worse.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:13 - Jun 13 with 3747 viewsStanisgod

Always thought the same about the Serbs, even Djokovics lot look like they want to tear someones head off .

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:19 - Jun 13 with 3729 viewsNortholt_Rs

If you mean in the stadium then I don't think those fleeing were 'our boys'. Looked like scarfers, old blokes, families, women and kids to me....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:20 - Jun 13 with 3722 viewsIsleworthranger

I got back yesterday evening from Marseille and just wanted to post a few facts about what went on

Apart from a large bunch of English fans gathered outside a bar right by the port singing and having a beer in the lovely sunshine who were nosiy but not causing any trouble in the slightest most of us were sitting outside small cafes just chilling with a cold beer enjoying the great views of the harbour

About 3pm though a large mob of Russians stormed down the side road we were in knocking women and kids over plus every table and chair and charged straight in to the England fans

Some of the hundreds of riot police actually ran away but the rest stood there and let it all happend until the England fans started fighting back and they then moved in with the tear gas and stun grenades not caring who they were aimed at and our small group of QPR fans including my wife were left choking on the gas with our eyes streaming

For the next 3 or 4 hours small and large battles happened all over the city caused mainly then by Marseille fans attacking any English they could find but especially very small groups and they could not care less if woman and kids were there but the police were absolutely awful and completely useless
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024