Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty 17:21 - Jun 11 with 62011 viewsFDC

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:39 - Jun 12 with 3375 viewsBrightonhoop

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:23 - Jun 12 by johncharles

Was about to say that Brighton. What's the difference between a flare and a bomb.

No deaths and multiple deaths/carnage. The french haven't got a hold on this at all.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:39 - Jun 12 with 3372 viewsMoonshineSteve

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 02:29 - Jun 12 by PunteR

I hear you Dagenhamsteve. English fans have a reputation. I hope Mels bus and our QPR fans going over there are ok and don't get a table smashed over their head or something
But there's a risk, there always is isn't there.?
With all the politics going on,terrorist etc watching on the big screen down the local seems a safer option to me.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 2:47]

I did get a text from Mel last night, though that was during the game.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:45 - Jun 12 with 3356 viewsRangersw12

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 01:31 - Jun 12 by PunteR

This is my take on it. Correct me if I'm wrong ,but I doubt most of those English fans who are involved brought their kids along and if they did they would be getting out of there sharpish. I've literally got no sympathy . They're all big enough and ugly enough to handle themselves. Looks like the English boys are getting a caning though.
Tbh id rather read about a load of footie hoolies fighting each other than some random ISIS bomb going off. What a time to be alive.

When the Russians charged in the ground there was clearly women and kids in that England section

The Russians have been attacking small groups of England fans in shirts who have done nthing wrong than being in the wrong place at the wrong time
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:47 - Jun 12 with 3348 viewsArgyBargy1982

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:21 - Jun 12 by Brightonhoop

It's easy to misread/misunderstand things, most recognise both brian and LBlock as decet R's so glad to see a little sanity breaking out.

More concerning under context of terrorism is how did the Russians get flares nd axes into the ground?to the fella getting out of Marseille get home safely.

Thanks Brighton. Just about to board now. Looking forward to seeing some reflections and apologies by the time we get to a wet LHR. In shocking news they have passport lines just for French citizens. What happened to the promised equal treatment that we pay the glorious EU £350m a year for?
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:49 - Jun 12 with 3335 viewsRangersw12

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 02:29 - Jun 12 by PunteR

I hear you Dagenhamsteve. English fans have a reputation. I hope Mels bus and our QPR fans going over there are ok and don't get a table smashed over their head or something
But there's a risk, there always is isn't there.?
With all the politics going on,terrorist etc watching on the big screen down the local seems a safer option to me.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 2:47]

It's probably safer staying in your house all day with the curtains drawn but sometimes you have to live a little
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:52 - Jun 12 with 3318 views1BobbyHazell

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:47 - Jun 12 by ArgyBargy1982

Thanks Brighton. Just about to board now. Looking forward to seeing some reflections and apologies by the time we get to a wet LHR. In shocking news they have passport lines just for French citizens. What happened to the promised equal treatment that we pay the glorious EU £350m a year for?

It would be good to get a first hand account of someone who was there if you're up for it Argy.

It seems, in the ground at least, that the Russians were the aggressors. If English fans were so 'up for it' why were they running and jumping a fence!?

The Guardian is reporting someone in wheelchair being beaten up.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:13 - Jun 12 with 3259 viewsArgyBargy1982

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:52 - Jun 12 by 1BobbyHazell

It would be good to get a first hand account of someone who was there if you're up for it Argy.

It seems, in the ground at least, that the Russians were the aggressors. If English fans were so 'up for it' why were they running and jumping a fence!?

The Guardian is reporting someone in wheelchair being beaten up.

Managed to avoid Vieux Port. Did it in 1998 and that was more than enough. I couldn't see any police inside the ground. There is no segregation at tournament football- something worth bearing in mind for Thursday. But where it happened was half Russian half English/neutral. I can only assume the French were responsible for the hasty retreat! Anyway just behind the goal were a load of bare-chested savages - you know the sort. UEFA/police should quickly have spotted the risks and put in a security cordon. Lots of stuff on TV here BTW which shows the Locomotive Moscow mob getting chased on Sat afternoon, so not all one way. Perhaps more pertinent is why the game wasn't switched when the draw was made - they did that for the Croatia game in EURO 2004. Russia/Eng was going to be difficult enough, but Bordeax, for example, might have been less of a powder keg.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:29 - Jun 12 with 3193 viewspaulparker

England in Marseilles was always going to be trouble ,stupid of UEFA to put us there in the first place ,from what I've seen its just been p issed up young english lads who have been caught on the hop the English of 30 years ago would have wiped the floor with these Russian pigs
Good to see the Russians being sneaky and ganging up on woman and lone men though
I sincerely hope we get them at Wembley soon and we give them a taste of there own medicine

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:41 - Jun 12 with 3167 viewsRangersw12

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:29 - Jun 12 by paulparker

England in Marseilles was always going to be trouble ,stupid of UEFA to put us there in the first place ,from what I've seen its just been p issed up young english lads who have been caught on the hop the English of 30 years ago would have wiped the floor with these Russian pigs
Good to see the Russians being sneaky and ganging up on woman and lone men though
I sincerely hope we get them at Wembley soon and we give them a taste of there own medicine

The difference is if we play them at Wembley our Police will protect them
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:48 - Jun 12 with 3131 viewspaulparker

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:41 - Jun 12 by Rangersw12

The difference is if we play them at Wembley our Police will protect them

True, in that case I'm hoping the poles catch up with them when they play Ukraine
and kick the fcuking sh1t out of them as I've heard the Russians are going there next

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:54 - Jun 12 with 3118 viewsNeil_SI

I'm thoroughly embarrassed by all of the violence, no matter what nation.

It's just football at the end of the day and wholly depressing that hundreds of grown adults end up behaving this way. For what? Why?

It's disappointing on so many levels, not least for each country involved in the violence and the embarrassment and shame it brings on them and the damage it does to their image and reputation, especially as I'm sure they do not represent the majority in any case.

But it also drags the sport down as a whole. It's doing irreparable damage. This is not what atmosphere and rivalry is supposed to be about. You can have an intense rivalry without ever resorting to violence.

In the past couple of years I've spent time watching a lot of other sports, such as tennis at Wimbledon, rugby and basketball and American football in the States. In each of those, fans had their rivalries, but were able to even sit together and enjoy the event as you should be able to.

In some cases they still had deep rivalries, but those rivalries were shown in support of their team and when it was over, it was done and dusted.

Football and some nations in particular, are just light years behind all of this. If you want your sport to be the best, you've got to lead by example. I'm really not proud of the game I love when things like this continuously happen.

And for what it's worth, I don't think Brian needs to defend his comments on here at all. He's a class act and a very, very fine man indeed.

This is about education in the end. You have to ensure that you behave correctly. That you make sure the people you are with when attending games behave correctly. And make sure your children do too and that you teach them that this stuff is unacceptable. It's the responsibility of us all, no matter whether we're involved in the rubbish or not.

This tournament was the first time in many that I've had a passing interest in England again in that hope that we'd do ok. But you know what, if the violence and disturbances continue, and if there is fault from our side, I am absolutely fine with England being removed from the tournament and future tournaments. Something has to happen to make everybody understand it's not acceptable, and that should apply to any nation or country thats culpable.

Of course, you hope it doesn't come to that, and that these people don't spoil it for the players and staff involved, who have absolutely nothing to do with this, or the thousands of genuine fans who just want to follow their country or team.

But I'd stand behind any decision like that to help stamp this shit out, because these past few days have made my blood boil.

Sadly for some countries, this may be the only way to not see their nation associated with this rubbish. Out of sight, out of mind.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:57 - Jun 12 with 3111 viewsRangersw12

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:48 - Jun 12 by paulparker

True, in that case I'm hoping the poles catch up with them when they play Ukraine
and kick the fcuking sh1t out of them as I've heard the Russians are going there next

Russia/Slovakia in Lille on Wednesday so reckon that will be lively with England and Wales fans also arriving
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:10 - Jun 12 with 3082 viewsRangersw12

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:54 - Jun 12 by Neil_SI

It's just football at the end of the day and wholly depressing that hundreds of grown adults end up behaving this way. For what? Why?

It's disappointing on so many levels, not least for each country involved in the violence and the embarrassment and shame it brings on them and the damage it does to their image and reputation, especially as I'm sure they do not represent the majority in any case.

But it also drags the sport down as a whole. It's doing irreparable damage. This is not what atmosphere and rivalry is supposed to be about. You can have an intense rivalry without ever resorting to violence.

In the past couple of years I've spent time watching a lot of other sports, such as tennis at Wimbledon, rugby and basketball and American football in the States. In each of those, fans had their rivalries, but were able to even sit together and enjoy the event as you should be able to.

In some cases they still had deep rivalries, but those rivalries were shown in support of their team and when it was over, it was done and dusted.

Football and some nations in particular, are just light years behind all of this. If you want your sport to be the best, you've got to lead by example. I'm really not proud of the game I love when things like this continuously happen.

And for what it's worth, I don't think Brian needs to defend his comments on here at all. He's a class act and a very, very fine man indeed.

This is about education in the end. You have to ensure that you behave correctly. That you make sure the people you are with when attending games behave correctly. And make sure your children do too and that you teach them that this stuff is unacceptable. It's the responsibility of us all, no matter whether we're involved in the rubbish or not.

This tournament was the first time in many that I've had a passing interest in England again in that hope that we'd do ok. But you know what, if the violence and disturbances continue, and if there is fault from our side, I am absolutely fine with England being removed from the tournament and future tournaments. Something has to happen to make everybody understand it's not acceptable, and that should apply to any nation or country thats culpable.

Of course, you hope it doesn't come to that, and that these people don't spoil it for the players and staff involved, who have absolutely nothing to do with this, or the thousands of genuine fans who just want to follow their country or team.

But I'd stand behind any decision like that to help stamp this shit out, because these past few days have made my blood boil.

Sadly for some countries, this may be the only way to not see their nation associated with this rubbish. Out of sight, out of mind.

Brain a class act !

Try reading between the lines what he really means but I will just ignore him in future clearly a bitter man because he's lost his life's cause

As for the rest Football is completely differnet to all those sports you mention and talk of kicking countries out is way over the top

England/Russia was always going to be a powderkeg waiting to go off and with the location it was gureented to go

French police also to have to look at themselves overly aggressive inciting trouble when sometimes talking to people works like the German police do
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:19 - Jun 12 with 3055 viewsNeil_SI

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:10 - Jun 12 by Rangersw12

Brain a class act !

Try reading between the lines what he really means but I will just ignore him in future clearly a bitter man because he's lost his life's cause

As for the rest Football is completely differnet to all those sports you mention and talk of kicking countries out is way over the top

England/Russia was always going to be a powderkeg waiting to go off and with the location it was gureented to go

French police also to have to look at themselves overly aggressive inciting trouble when sometimes talking to people works like the German police do

I've met Brian several times mate, I think you're misunderstanding or misinterpreting him. It's easy for things to get lost in translation in written form, but if you met him in the flesh, you'd realise what you think you're reading between the lines is totally not the case.

But each to their own of course, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm sure he'll respect that. He's said his piece and if you don't want to accept it, up to you.

I think he's a fantastic man and I'm proud he's an R and one of us.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:25 - Jun 12 with 3032 viewsWatfordR

Brain a class act !

Please feel free to ignore me also then. If you are unable to read and understand what Brian has posted, I won't be missing anything by not hearing any more from you.

Echoing what many more regular posters than I have already said, Brian is a never less than a voice of sense and reason on here. A credit to this site and our club.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:26 - Jun 12 with 3026 viewsloftboy

Brain a class act !

I actually read his post as "England fans were being attacked due to past reputation" in which case Brian is probably correct, these thick Russkies probably assume that we're still in the 70's/80/s and anyone is fair game, no where in his post did he say the fans out there were the cause of it. IMHO of course.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:27 - Jun 12 with 3026 viewstraininvain

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:57 - Jun 12 by Rangersw12

Russia/Slovakia in Lille on Wednesday so reckon that will be lively with England and Wales fans also arriving

Oh great can't wait to arrive in Lille on Wednesday night.

Well organised by UEFA!
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:27 - Jun 12 with 3022 viewspaulparker

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:54 - Jun 12 by Neil_SI

Disagree with most of that
The past 5 or 6 tournaments have gone without any problems , the England fans are now beer monsters,years ago people wanted us to be more like the scots and Irish in tournaments well we are the problem is we are hated everywhere ,we are the millwall of international football
I didn't see England fans storming the Russians nor have I heard of stabbed Russian fans or Russian fans on death door battered to an inch of there lives
It seems it's ok to have a pop at us with weapons,knives,tear gas it's considered our fault
Because we are p1ssed up, hopefully now the English lads stick together because some of the reporting and comments have been a disgrace and an embarrassment

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:42 - Jun 12 with 3654 viewsWatfordR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:27 - Jun 12 by paulparker

The past 5 or 6 tournaments have gone without any problems , the England fans are now beer monsters,years ago people wanted us to be more like the scots and Irish in tournaments well we are the problem is we are hated everywhere ,we are the millwall of international football
I didn't see England fans storming the Russians nor have I heard of stabbed Russian fans or Russian fans on death door battered to an inch of there lives
It seems it's ok to have a pop at us with weapons,knives,tear gas it's considered our fault
Because we are p1ssed up, hopefully now the English lads stick together because some of the reporting and comments have been a disgrace and an embarrassment

Are you there?
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:53 - Jun 12 with 3601 viewsFDC

"thank fck for PaulParker...thought I was going mental"

If there was ever a sign you're going mental...
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:56 - Jun 12 with 3592 viewsWatfordR

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Fair play mate.

Just out of interest, do you believe its incorrect to say that "England have some filthy scum as fans"?
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:03 - Jun 12 with 3564 viewsRangersw12

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:27 - Jun 12 by paulparker

Totally agree

Our record at past tournaments since Euro 2000 has been excellent and fans very well behaved majority of incidents start because the English have been attacked

The world cup in Russia will be a disaster they are probably the most intolerant country in the world with a dangerous racist undercurrent and you will see innocent fans from from Africa etc being attacked but hopefully they will get some sympathy and won't be blamed

As for the rest of the tournament the French Police really need to get organised and change tact as otherwise you will see more of this

Anyway looking forward to going out there Thursday for a few beers and enjoying the atmosphere
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:04 - Jun 12 with 3557 viewslondonscottish

I went to the Russia England game in Moscow in 2007 and some of the Russian fans were seriously hardcore. They were having pitched battles with their own up and down some of the main streets in town in the two hours leading up to kickoff and they tried to storm the England supporters' hotel on one of the nights, smashing loads of the glass at the front in the process.

Didn't see the English doing anything.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:12 - Jun 12 with 3527 viewsRangersw12

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:04 - Jun 12 by londonscottish

I went to the Russia England game in Moscow in 2007 and some of the Russian fans were seriously hardcore. They were having pitched battles with their own up and down some of the main streets in town in the two hours leading up to kickoff and they tried to storm the England supporters' hotel on one of the nights, smashing loads of the glass at the front in the process.

Didn't see the English doing anything.

In the Arbrat (sp) night before the game they were attacking small groups and on the day of the game

After the game was a nightmare trying to get back to our apartment with Russians on every corner looking to attack any English I think in the end we had to hail down a larda to get us out of there !

I see UEFA have charged the Russians today so will be interesting to see what they get for the trouble in the ground
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 12:13]
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:32 - Jun 12 with 3461 viewsDWQPR

Got a text this morning from a friend who with a few mates have gone on a road trip in a camper van and who I know will avoid trouble at all costs, firstly because he would lose his job, secondly because he has a young family and thirdly, he just isn't the kind to want to get in a ruck. He said a couple of his friends were having a glass of wine in a bar not far from the main area of the trouble when the bar was suddenly filled with tear gas from the French police. There was no trouble in the bar at the time. He also said that he saw gangs of Russian youths roaming the streets just looking for anybody that resembled an Englishman. Fortunately none of them came to any harm. They're driving to St Tropez today for an altogether different experience.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024