Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Justin Gatlin 22:01 - Aug 21 with 6860 viewsPacemaker

Could well win gold at the World Championships. It is now known that the benefit of having trained under steroids or other performance enhancing drugs.

So is it fair to benefit from a history of cheating having been banned twice or is it only fair that offenders be allowed to rehabilitate their careers and what does this mean for clean athletes?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Justin Gatlin on 14:40 - Aug 23 with 1349 viewsPhil_S

Justin Gatlin on 14:42 - Aug 23 with 1326 viewsNeath_Jack

Justin Gatlin on 14:38 - Aug 23 by exiledclaseboy

Yohan Blake. Injured at the mo I think.

Ah that's the fellow.

And as i'm typing, Mr Terry has just been sent off. Lovely stuff.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Justin Gatlin on 14:55 - Aug 23 with 1287 viewsRancid

Justin Gatlin on 14:21 - Aug 23 by jack247

It's hardly a true amateur sport though. I bet Bolt won't be too worried about making ends meet for quite a while 😆

I am guessing here, but I would imagine that the drug testing is a lot more advanced in sports like athletics and cycling, because they are almost completely down to physical capabilities. You can dope a footballer up to the tits, but if he can't trap a ball, he can't trap a ball.

It's easy to pick out Bolt as he's exception to the rule and as Jobs says earns his fortune off the track.The majority of Athletes aren't as fortunate.

Also a footballer will already have all the skills required and be able to trap a ball etc.Throw in performance enhancing drugs on top and he can demonstrate all his skills for the entire match without jading.A boxer similar.
Justin Gatlin on 15:03 - Aug 23 with 1263 viewsjack247

Justin Gatlin on 14:55 - Aug 23 by Rancid

It's easy to pick out Bolt as he's exception to the rule and as Jobs says earns his fortune off the track.The majority of Athletes aren't as fortunate.

Also a footballer will already have all the skills required and be able to trap a ball etc.Throw in performance enhancing drugs on top and he can demonstrate all his skills for the entire match without jading.A boxer similar.

Yeah, but being a footballer or a boxer requires a lot more than just physical capability. That's not to say PEDs wouldn't help them, just not as much as they would a sprinter.

You are spot on about the average athlete not having a lot to gain from it, but I was replying to your post on Justin Gatlin.
Justin Gatlin on 15:03 - Aug 23 with 1263 viewsDr_Winston

Justin Gatlin on 14:36 - Aug 23 by jack247

Fair point. I'm sure the 20th best sprinter in the world earns a pittance compared to the 20th best footballer. Do they all get tested, just the very elite, or is it done randomly?

They're all tested AFAIK.

It's a hard field to get into, especially when you factor in the cost of training/travel to events. Suspect a hell of a lot of those competing at the lower end of the field or even in less popular sports are reliant on funding or other income, so it's probably not too much of a stretch to consider them amateur.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Justin Gatlin on 15:10 - Aug 23 with 1224 viewsjack247

Justin Gatlin on 15:03 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

They're all tested AFAIK.

It's a hard field to get into, especially when you factor in the cost of training/travel to events. Suspect a hell of a lot of those competing at the lower end of the field or even in less popular sports are reliant on funding or other income, so it's probably not too much of a stretch to consider them amateur.

No doubt the guys outside of the elite are amateur, or at least surviving off sponsorship and funding grants. I would think most individual sports are like that. I suppose the only incentive for them to cheat, is to break into the elite where the big money is.
Justin Gatlin on 15:16 - Aug 23 with 1191 viewsperchrockjack

From what I see, steroid abuse is very common and often the norm , for amateurs.

It's right across the board

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Justin Gatlin on 10:30 - Aug 24 with 1067 viewsLeon_Drinker

Justin Gatlin on 14:29 - Aug 23 by Joe_bradshaw

It's not amateur. There may be no money on Olympic or World Championship events but they are the gateway to huge appearance money at other events and there is prize money as well.

Bolt is reckoned to be worth $30 million. Even the double cheat Gatlin is reckoned to be a dollar millionaire from athletics.

All finalists at the World Champs receive prize money. Something like $60,000 for first down to $4000 for 8th. Also, around $100,000 bonus for a world record.
Login to get fewer ads

Justin Gatlin on 10:34 - Aug 24 with 1062 viewsLeon_Drinker

Justin Gatlin on 23:02 - Aug 21 by Pacemaker

It's a bit sad that you can no longer just enjoy a sporting event without the suspicion of cheating by those concerned. I used to love watching athletics and be impressed by the efforts of the athletes.

I was a fan of Carl Lewis and always remember him looking at Ben Johnson with sheer hatred because he knew he was cheating. I often wondered was Lewis in the same camp but better at hiding his tracks or was he one of the last clean heroes.

Pretty sure Carl Lewis has since publicly admitted he failed three drug tests during the US trials for the 88 Olympics. They were covered up by the US governing body along with many others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024