Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Justin Gatlin 22:01 - Aug 21 with 6861 viewsPacemaker

Could well win gold at the World Championships. It is now known that the benefit of having trained under steroids or other performance enhancing drugs.

So is it fair to benefit from a history of cheating having been banned twice or is it only fair that offenders be allowed to rehabilitate their careers and what does this mean for clean athletes?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Justin Gatlin on 12:36 - Aug 23 with 1373 viewsmarchamjack

66 'athletes' who've served various doping bans are competing at this Worlds. 66! They're just the ones caught obviously. Really is hard to take athletics at all credibly. Sad, as I do enjoy the big games, but lost its edge now for me. Really needs a root and branch clear out. Problem is, big associations like the Russians are known to be systematically doping their athletes from their early years and the IOC are never realistically going to throw a whole country like them out, which is what it would take for others to take this seriously. In the meantime, it'll just carry on and more will get away with it than get caught, which is the history of all this to date.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Justin Gatlin on 12:54 - Aug 23 with 1353 viewsdickythorpe

Gatlin must be favourite but I still can't help thinking Bolt will produce a winning performance.
Justin Gatlin on 13:03 - Aug 23 with 1341 viewsexiledclaseboy

On the plus side, it looks like Jess Ennis is about to win gold in the heptathlon after almost not going because she didn't think she'd be able to compete. Outstanding stuff.

Poll: Tory leader

Justin Gatlin on 13:08 - Aug 23 with 1328 viewsPacemaker

Justin Gatlin on 13:03 - Aug 23 by exiledclaseboy

On the plus side, it looks like Jess Ennis is about to win gold in the heptathlon after almost not going because she didn't think she'd be able to compete. Outstanding stuff.

Yet another female athlete performing well after giving birth the previous season. We obviously need to ban shahging along with drinking and drugs

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Justin Gatlin on 13:23 - Aug 23 with 1306 viewsNeath_Jack

When are the mens sprint finals on? Today or tomorrow?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Justin Gatlin on 13:24 - Aug 23 with 1301 viewsWhiterockin

Justin Gatlin on 13:23 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

When are the mens sprint finals on? Today or tomorrow?

2.15 today
Justin Gatlin on 13:28 - Aug 23 with 1288 viewsNeath_Jack

Justin Gatlin on 13:24 - Aug 23 by Whiterockin

2.15 today

Fits in nicely with HT at the football then. Is it the 100m or 200m?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Justin Gatlin on 13:33 - Aug 23 with 1279 viewsDarran

Justin Gatlin on 13:08 - Aug 23 by Pacemaker

Yet another female athlete performing well after giving birth the previous season. We obviously need to ban shahging along with drinking and drugs

Nah she needs shagging.

By me. 😂

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Justin Gatlin on 13:38 - Aug 23 with 1260 viewsWhiterockin

Justin Gatlin on 13:28 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

Fits in nicely with HT at the football then. Is it the 100m or 200m?

100m
Justin Gatlin on 13:40 - Aug 23 with 1254 viewsRancid

Gaitlin 4/9 favourite with the bookies.Bolt 13/8.Not often you see that.
Justin Gatlin on 14:19 - Aug 23 with 1218 viewsDarran

F*cking av it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Justin Gatlin on 14:21 - Aug 23 with 1214 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bolt just saved athletics. Fantastic stuff.

Justin Gatlin on 14:21 - Aug 23 with 1214 viewsdickythorpe

Greatness always prevails.
Justin Gatlin on 14:21 - Aug 23 with 1213 viewsjack247

Justin Gatlin on 21:23 - Aug 22 by Rancid

I'd imagine having been caught before and under the spotlight Gaitlin is now clean yet faster than he ever was whilst doping.The message is cheats never prosper and being clean does .It does make you think though that as an amateur sport with nothing riding on it bar personal glory and no financial gain how they're getting caught all the time while footballers and boxers who are far more handsomely rewarded financially remain so squeaky clean.?

It's hardly a true amateur sport though. I bet Bolt won't be too worried about making ends meet for quite a while 😆

I am guessing here, but I would imagine that the drug testing is a lot more advanced in sports like athletics and cycling, because they are almost completely down to physical capabilities. You can dope a footballer up to the tits, but if he can't trap a ball, he can't trap a ball.
Justin Gatlin on 14:28 - Aug 23 with 1190 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Lovely stuff.

Mind you, I've always been a bit suspicious of Jamaica, a country smaller than Wales, having so many top sprinters, both male and female. Not that I suspect Bolt, but, the rest of them....

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Justin Gatlin on 14:29 - Aug 23 with 1029 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Justin Gatlin on 14:21 - Aug 23 by jack247

It's hardly a true amateur sport though. I bet Bolt won't be too worried about making ends meet for quite a while 😆

I am guessing here, but I would imagine that the drug testing is a lot more advanced in sports like athletics and cycling, because they are almost completely down to physical capabilities. You can dope a footballer up to the tits, but if he can't trap a ball, he can't trap a ball.

It's not amateur. There may be no money on Olympic or World Championship events but they are the gateway to huge appearance money at other events and there is prize money as well.

Bolt is reckoned to be worth $30 million. Even the double cheat Gatlin is reckoned to be a dollar millionaire from athletics.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Justin Gatlin on 14:29 - Aug 23 with 1029 viewsCountyJim

Great win by Bolt

When was the last time a white man made the final of the 100 meters
Justin Gatlin on 14:32 - Aug 23 with 1016 viewsDr_Winston

Justin Gatlin on 14:29 - Aug 23 by Joe_bradshaw

It's not amateur. There may be no money on Olympic or World Championship events but they are the gateway to huge appearance money at other events and there is prize money as well.

Bolt is reckoned to be worth $30 million. Even the double cheat Gatlin is reckoned to be a dollar millionaire from athletics.

The money potentially earned from endorsements far exceeds the money earned on the track, and only the elite few really make serious cash.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Justin Gatlin on 14:34 - Aug 23 with 1012 viewsskippyjack

Justin Gatlin on 14:29 - Aug 23 by CountyJim

Great win by Bolt

When was the last time a white man made the final of the 100 meters

That lanky french guy.. lamaitre

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Justin Gatlin on 14:35 - Aug 23 with 1002 viewsexiledclaseboy

Justin Gatlin on 14:34 - Aug 23 by skippyjack

That lanky french guy.. lamaitre

That's the fella. Regular finalist.

Justin Gatlin on 14:36 - Aug 23 with 994 viewsNeath_Jack

A year or two back, there was another young sprinter who was up and coming and Bolts understudy if you like. What was his name and what happened to him?

Justin Gatlin on 14:36 - Aug 23 with 993 viewsjack247

Justin Gatlin on 14:32 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

The money potentially earned from endorsements far exceeds the money earned on the track, and only the elite few really make serious cash.

Fair point. I'm sure the 20th best sprinter in the world earns a pittance compared to the 20th best footballer. Do they all get tested, just the very elite, or is it done randomly?
Justin Gatlin on 14:38 - Aug 23 with 984 viewsexiledclaseboy

Justin Gatlin on 14:36 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

A year or two back, there was another young sprinter who was up and coming and Bolts understudy if you like. What was his name and what happened to him?

Yohan Blake. Injured at the mo I think.

Justin Gatlin on 14:39 - Aug 23 with 978 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bolt makes a fine role model, fair play.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Justin Gatlin on 14:39 - Aug 23 with 974 viewsWhiterockin

Justin Gatlin on 14:28 - Aug 23 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Lovely stuff.

Mind you, I've always been a bit suspicious of Jamaica, a country smaller than Wales, having so many top sprinters, both male and female. Not that I suspect Bolt, but, the rest of them....

Athletics is very, very big in Jamaica. The schools finals attract over 30,000 spectators and have a £500,000 sponsorship budget.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024