Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTD 16:13 - Jul 31 with 4566 viewsNotLoyal

Should women’s football be on match of the day ?

Apparently it’s on the table.

Not sure which one, but it is on one, somewhere.

Views ?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 16:14]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

MOTD on 16:32 - Jul 31 with 2798 viewsReslovenSwan1

Lineker and Wrighty should get an extra £200k for that for all the extra work involved. If I was a BBC executive I would keep them apart as they are paying huge bucks for the PL games and diluting it makes no economic sense.

Wise sage since Toshack era

MOTD on 16:46 - Jul 31 with 2774 viewspencoedjack

No.

Leave them have their own programme I am sure there are people interested in woman's football but the mens game is at a level and should be kept on a separate platform.

Probably see viewing figures drop on MOTD if they did.
MOTD on 16:56 - Jul 31 with 2752 viewsWhiterockin

MOTD on 16:46 - Jul 31 by pencoedjack

No.

Leave them have their own programme I am sure there are people interested in woman's football but the mens game is at a level and should be kept on a separate platform.

Probably see viewing figures drop on MOTD if they did.

No.
MOTD is the Premier League. The EFL has its own programme as should ladies football.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

MOTD on 17:26 - Jul 31 with 2692 viewsswan65split

Media will force it on, there'll be more and more on tv soon, though I see it as a good thing, and maybe the FL will suffer because of it .
MOTD on 17:28 - Jul 31 with 2679 viewsKeithHaynes

MOTD on 17:26 - Jul 31 by swan65split

Media will force it on, there'll be more and more on tv soon, though I see it as a good thing, and maybe the FL will suffer because of it .

There have been some articles stating that women should be allowed to play in the mens game, conversely I would say then both games should be incorporated as one.

Then possibly the womens game would disappear ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

MOTD on 17:33 - Jul 31 with 2665 viewsWhiterockin

MOTD on 17:28 - Jul 31 by KeithHaynes

There have been some articles stating that women should be allowed to play in the mens game, conversely I would say then both games should be incorporated as one.

Yes it would disappear. There is a reason that in the majority of sport men play against men and women play against women and that is to give the women a chance. That is not discrimination its just a fact.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

MOTD on 17:34 - Jul 31 with 2665 viewspencoedjack

The irritating scouse bird on soccer Saturday thinks the current England manager should be offered a job in the mens game.

Can’t wait to see how she does, will they soon being going down the Sol Campbell route of claiming discrimination when in fact they are not qualified/good enough to manage in the mens game.
MOTD on 17:37 - Jul 31 with 2644 viewsDr_Winston

It would go about as well as allowing MtF Transsexuals to compete in other sports with women where physical attributes play a part.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

MOTD on 17:40 - Jul 31 with 2633 viewsKeithHaynes

MOTD on 17:34 - Jul 31 by pencoedjack

The irritating scouse bird on soccer Saturday thinks the current England manager should be offered a job in the mens game.

Can’t wait to see how she does, will they soon being going down the Sol Campbell route of claiming discrimination when in fact they are not qualified/good enough to manage in the mens game.

I must admit I enjoy watching womens football, as much as I enjoy watching any football. But it needs time to bed in and for qualified people of any gender to learn their trade. Then maybe certain aspects could be incorporated.

Lower league managers don’t scream discrimination because they can’t.

They just accept they aren’t good enough for now, regardless of colour ( mostly )

This post has been edited by an administrator

MOTD on 17:49 - Jul 31 with 2619 viewsswan_si

MOTD on 17:33 - Jul 31 by Whiterockin

Yes it would disappear. There is a reason that in the majority of sport men play against men and women play against women and that is to give the women a chance. That is not discrimination its just a fact.

There's a golf competition that both men and women play in, the men tee off from the championship tees while the women tee off from a more advanced tee, I can only see one reason why that would happen. Not having a go at womens golf, from the fairway to green and even putting they would probably hold their own against the men.
MOTD on 17:55 - Jul 31 with 2599 viewspencoedjack

MOTD on 17:49 - Jul 31 by swan_si

There's a golf competition that both men and women play in, the men tee off from the championship tees while the women tee off from a more advanced tee, I can only see one reason why that would happen. Not having a go at womens golf, from the fairway to green and even putting they would probably hold their own against the men.

Woman's golf & tennis are both good sports in there own right neither is to the standard of the mens equivalent so rightly they don’t appear on the same show.

Woman’s beach volleyball is a far better watch than the mens game.
MOTD on 17:58 - Jul 31 with 2588 viewsswan_si

MOTD on 17:55 - Jul 31 by pencoedjack

Woman's golf & tennis are both good sports in there own right neither is to the standard of the mens equivalent so rightly they don’t appear on the same show.

Woman’s beach volleyball is a far better watch than the mens game.

I didn't know men played beach volleyball.
MOTD on 18:02 - Jul 31 with 2580 viewsraynor94

As long as Alex Scott isn't on it I don't mind

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

MOTD on 18:20 - Jul 31 with 2550 viewsonehunglow

MOTD on 18:02 - Jul 31 by raynor94

As long as Alex Scott isn't on it I don't mind

Motormouth isnt she
Female Line acher

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

MOTD on 19:11 - Jul 31 with 2498 viewsSirjohnalot

Obviously you can’t have mixed men and womens football, but in time if a woman of good enough, don’t see why a woman couldn’t successfully manage a man’s team. Plenty of men are relatively unknown and do well
MOTD on 19:22 - Jul 31 with 2465 viewsKeithHaynes

MOTD on 18:20 - Jul 31 by onehunglow

Motormouth isnt she
Female Line acher

Hates the swans.

MOTD on 19:47 - Jul 31 with 2432 viewsonehunglow

MOTD on 19:22 - Jul 31 by KeithHaynes

Hates the swans.

Not as much a I hate him and his farking Leicester .

#A team and city I hate to bits.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

MOTD on 20:00 - Jul 31 with 2408 viewsBrynmill_Jack

MOTD on 16:32 - Jul 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Lineker and Wrighty should get an extra £200k for that for all the extra work involved. If I was a BBC executive I would keep them apart as they are paying huge bucks for the PL games and diluting it makes no economic sense.

Lineker in particular would welcome it with open arms lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

MOTD on 21:12 - Jul 31 with 2345 viewsswan65split

Cant see the women playing in the mens game, but I have a funny feeling the money men have been watching today. and see a growing money income, so I think the womens game will grow, and more and more plugged on the box.
MOTD on 22:53 - Jul 31 with 2278 viewsKilkennyjack

Two seperate sports for the obvious reasons just like tennis, golf, sprinting, etc.

But there will be money to be made out of womens football now.
Good for them.

Remember the English FA banned thevwomens game for 50 years, up until the early 1970s. Totally mad.

Beware of the Risen People

MOTD on 00:00 - Aug 1 with 2227 viewsReslovenSwan1

MOTD on 21:12 - Jul 31 by swan65split

Cant see the women playing in the mens game, but I have a funny feeling the money men have been watching today. and see a growing money income, so I think the womens game will grow, and more and more plugged on the box.

You bet. There is only one outcome the women s game will affect the men s game.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/28508/12548450/usa-women-equal-pay-settl

Wise sage since Toshack era

MOTD on 02:03 - Aug 1 with 2206 viewsDr_Parnassus

They shouldn’t be piggy backing off the men’s game.

If the interest is there then it will show in the stands. If the demand is there then I’m sure their own highlights package show will be commissioned.

There would be fury over here (Australia) if the women’s Netball league show started showing the up and coming men’s league, and rightly so.

The women’s game over here has got to where it is from hard work, the men shouldn’t be piggy backing off them - and I’m sure they wouldn’t want to.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

MOTD on 06:06 - Aug 1 with 2178 viewsKeithHaynes

MOTD on 00:00 - Aug 1 by ReslovenSwan1

You bet. There is only one outcome the women s game will affect the men s game.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/28508/12548450/usa-women-equal-pay-settl

The equal pay thing wouldn’t work either. It’s pay commensurate with the business model of the club they play for. Hence the reason why Tranmere Rovers have a different model to Liverpool. Playing for their country 💁 I don’t know, it will be a week or so of delirium then back to normal.

MOTD on 07:52 - Aug 1 with 2123 viewsDr_Parnassus

MOTD on 06:06 - Aug 1 by KeithHaynes

The equal pay thing wouldn’t work either. It’s pay commensurate with the business model of the club they play for. Hence the reason why Tranmere Rovers have a different model to Liverpool. Playing for their country 💁 I don’t know, it will be a week or so of delirium then back to normal.

If I was a blind footballer or on one of the international teams for impairment, I’d be demanding equal pay too off the back of what the women are calling for.

If pay should be equal “just because” - and not based on the standard of the product, popularity of the product, sponsorship of the product or general income of the game itself then there should be no barrier to stop anyone calling for loads of cash.

Otherwise surely it’s discriminatory against blind people for example. Pretty sure there is a blind league where they place a bell in the ball. I’d be all over that.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

MOTD on 09:23 - Aug 1 with 2080 viewsCatullus

MOTD on 17:49 - Jul 31 by swan_si

Spiranac (yes I know she finished) versus McIlroy, no competition as far as golf goes but I reckon thered be a lot more attention on the woman than her golf skills deserve because men will be men.

Women should have their own show, maybe put it on before or after MOTD but why dilute either show by shoehorning them into one. Give people the choice of who and what they want to watch.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024