Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTD 16:13 - Jul 31 with 4587 viewsNotLoyal

Should women’s football be on match of the day ?

Apparently it’s on the table.

Not sure which one, but it is on one, somewhere.

Views ?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 16:14]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

MOTD on 11:51 - Aug 1 with 1278 viewsBadlands

No, let women's football have its own programme. Had England not won the Euros there would be no support for it. But, we'll have another 50 years of how 'In girl and' beat Germany .
There is also a question of quality. The women's game, through no fault of women players who had been banned from playing for decades by the football establishment' is not very good. Occasionally there are some quality international games but at club level we are talking League 2 or sometimes low Championship. IMO most club games aren’t at League of Wales standard.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

MOTD on 13:15 - Aug 1 with 1222 viewspencoedjack

MOTD on 11:51 - Aug 1 by Badlands

No, let women's football have its own programme. Had England not won the Euros there would be no support for it. But, we'll have another 50 years of how 'In girl and' beat Germany .
There is also a question of quality. The women's game, through no fault of women players who had been banned from playing for decades by the football establishment' is not very good. Occasionally there are some quality international games but at club level we are talking League 2 or sometimes low Championship. IMO most club games aren’t at League of Wales standard.

I’d bet very good money that any LOW Mens side would beat the woman’s European champions.

In fact I reckon Pencoed 2nds would beat them.
MOTD on 14:41 - Aug 1 with 1201 viewsReslovenSwan1

MOTD on 13:15 - Aug 1 by pencoedjack

I’d bet very good money that any LOW Mens side would beat the woman’s European champions.

Women are better than men in a number of sport. Gymnastics is one. Channel swimming is another.

Bravo to Non Stanford actually who led her team to a silver in the team triathlon on Saturday in her last race at 33. Former world champion.

Wise sage since Toshack era

MOTD on 15:40 - Aug 1 with 1186 viewsFergal

There is only so much cash and room in people's consciousness to go around.

Other sports will suffer and yes, the EFL will likely suffer.
MOTD on 17:16 - Aug 1 with 1167 viewsFlashberryjack

MOTD on 18:02 - Jul 31 by raynor94

As long as Alex Scott isn't on it I don't mind

That screeching voice of hers goes right through me.

I'd much prefer to listen to Gabby Logan than the righteous Lineker and that gobbing pr*ck Jamie Carragher.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

MOTD on 17:44 - Aug 1 with 1150 viewscontroversial_jack

MOTD on 13:15 - Aug 1 by pencoedjack

Womens International teams have regularly been hammered by boys under 15 sides. They have improved, but any professional side would beat them by a good margin
MOTD on 20:47 - Aug 1 with 1077 viewsReslovenSwan1

MOTD on 15:40 - Aug 1 by Fergal

There is only so much cash and room in people's consciousness to go around.

Other sports will suffer and yes, the EFL will likely suffer.

Swansea city should not fund the swansea women's team if the go professional and join the EWFL. Swansea if they do fund it would be at a disadvantage against Millwall for example as their women's team went independant.

Wise sage since Toshack era

MOTD on 21:04 - Aug 1 with 1058 viewsSirjohnalot

MOTD on 17:44 - Aug 1 by controversial_jack

Womens International teams have regularly been hammered by boys under 15 sides. They have improved, but any professional side would beat them by a good margin

Isn’t that similar to saying top club male marathon runners could beat female Olympic marathoners? Men being physically stronger and faster are going to be better. Also got to bear in mind the female professional football game is very young and the improvements has been vast. These women will only get better. Likes of Germany, England and the States are really good. Give them 5 years, they’ll be even better.
Login to get fewer ads

MOTD on 21:56 - Aug 1 with 1027 viewsDr_Parnassus

MOTD on 21:04 - Aug 1 by Sirjohnalot

Isn’t that similar to saying top club male marathon runners could beat female Olympic marathoners? Men being physically stronger and faster are going to be better. Also got to bear in mind the female professional football game is very young and the improvements has been vast. These women will only get better. Likes of Germany, England and the States are really good. Give them 5 years, they’ll be even better.

When the product gets to a standard where people want to watch it, then have the conversation in my opinion.

There are far too many people who want the world immediately when the product and talent isn’t close to deserving of such things.

If I start making YouTube videos tomorrow I can’t start demanding I get the same money as the likes of Mr Beast. You get paid in relation to how marketable your product is and how much revenue it brings in.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

MOTD on 21:58 - Aug 1 with 1026 viewsKeithHaynes

MOTD on 21:56 - Aug 1 by Dr_Parnassus

When the product gets to a standard where people want to watch it, then have the conversation in my opinion.

There are far too many people who want the world immediately when the product and talent isn’t close to deserving of such things.

If I start making YouTube videos tomorrow I can’t start demanding I get the same money as the likes of Mr Beast. You get paid in relation to how marketable your product is and how much revenue it brings in.

As Simon ( Jordan) says.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

MOTD on 22:20 - Aug 1 with 991 viewsSirjohnalot

MOTD on 21:56 - Aug 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I’ve no idea who Me Beast is, but I really enjoyed the tournament. There’s a huge market for women’s football, really hope it takes off.

In fairness to them, they’ve built it up not just from nothing but in the face of animosity and ridicule. Can only be good for society if it gets more people playing sport.
MOTD on 23:40 - Aug 1 with 956 viewsCatullus

MOTD on 21:04 - Aug 1 by Sirjohnalot

The womens game is improving but they are a VERY long way behind the men.

I was reading earlier about the wages disparity, seems to me that what the women get paid is what the men should be on too, That Chloe kelly gets 200k per year apparently, at Man City, DeBruyne gets more than that a week. Why isn't 4k per week enough? It's 8 times the average wage.

I enjoyed the final but I will get hacked off seeing it on tv, shoved in our faces interminably.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

MOTD on 07:24 - Aug 2 with 900 viewsDr_Winston

MOTD on 23:40 - Aug 1 by Catullus

The womens game is improving but they are a VERY long way behind the men.

I was reading earlier about the wages disparity, seems to me that what the women get paid is what the men should be on too, That Chloe kelly gets 200k per year apparently, at Man City, DeBruyne gets more than that a week. Why isn't 4k per week enough? It's 8 times the average wage.

I enjoyed the final but I will get hacked off seeing it on tv, shoved in our faces interminably.

Male players get paid what they do because they are in the top 0.01% of their profession and that is what they are worth to the clubs. Lewis Hamilton gets paid what he does because that is what he's worth to Mercedes. Sandra Bullock gets paid what she does because that's what she's worth to the movie studio. That's how it works.

When the women's game generates the kind of revenues that the mens game does then no doubt they'll earn at the same levels too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

MOTD on 08:16 - Aug 2 with 891 viewsWhiterockin

MOTD on 07:24 - Aug 2 by Dr_Winston

Male players get paid what they do because they are in the top 0.01% of their profession and that is what they are worth to the clubs. Lewis Hamilton gets paid what he does because that is what he's worth to Mercedes. Sandra Bullock gets paid what she does because that's what she's worth to the movie studio. That's how it works.

When the women's game generates the kind of revenues that the mens game does then no doubt they'll earn at the same levels too.

Exactly. Premier League footballers are paid what they are because the TV money is generated worldwide and filters down to the players. Women's football here even if it has the same coverage in the UK the money generated would not be the same unless the uptake is worldwide. I am a great advocate for women's football and the benefits it can bring to young girls, but you have to deliver much higher match attendances and TV figures constantly to reap the financial benefits.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

MOTD on 08:26 - Aug 2 with 883 viewsonehunglow

MOTD on 08:16 - Aug 2 by Whiterockin

Exactly. Premier League footballers are paid what they are because the TV money is generated worldwide and filters down to the players. Women's football here even if it has the same coverage in the UK the money generated would not be the same unless the uptake is worldwide. I am a great advocate for women's football and the benefits it can bring to young girls, but you have to deliver much higher match attendances and TV figures constantly to reap the financial benefits.

Interesting to reflect on womens tennis and the King campaign for equal prize money

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

MOTD on 08:37 - Aug 2 with 875 viewsWhiterockin

MOTD on 08:26 - Aug 2 by onehunglow

Interesting to reflect on womens tennis and the King campaign for equal prize money

Equal prize money in the same tournament on the same court albeit different matches is one thing. But is there equal money in equal money on the WTA tour as the Men's tour, others better qualified will answer that because I do not know. Do the top women players income match the men's again I don't know. Same prize money in the same tournament could be one thing but income could be different.

MOTD on 08:50 - Aug 2 with 860 viewsWhiterockin

MOTD on 08:26 - Aug 2 by onehunglow

Found this saying there is still a 34% pay gap.

https://lastwordonsports.com/tennis/2022/05/22/gender-pay-gap-tennis-2022/

MOTD on 08:55 - Aug 2 with 847 viewsonehunglow

MOTD on 08:50 - Aug 2 by Whiterockin

Found this saying there is still a 34% pay gap.

https://lastwordonsports.com/tennis/2022/05/22/gender-pay-gap-tennis-2022/

Morning.
Womens game is shorter .

It’s the same on football.

MOTD on 09:00 - Aug 2 with 836 viewsWhiterockin

MOTD on 08:55 - Aug 2 by onehunglow

Morning.
Womens game is shorter .

It’s the same on football.

True about football they don't spend so much time pretending to be injured.

MOTD on 09:08 - Aug 2 with 823 viewsonehunglow

MOTD on 09:00 - Aug 2 by Whiterockin

True about football they don't spend so much time pretending to be injured.

In that regard ,women shame men.
Men are basically poor role models in comparison and the cheating is endemic.

MOTD on 09:16 - Aug 2 with 816 viewsWhiterockin

MOTD on 09:08 - Aug 2 by onehunglow

In that regard ,women shame men.
Men are basically poor role models in comparison and the cheating is endemic.

I think the tennis is in question, grand slams are 5 sets men 3 sets women and equal prize money at other tournaments they are 3 sets for all.

MOTD on 09:18 - Aug 2 with 810 viewsonehunglow

Billy Jean great sales woman/person

MOTD on 09:34 - Aug 2 with 791 viewsDr_Parnassus

MOTD on 22:20 - Aug 1 by Sirjohnalot

I’ve no idea who Me Beast is, but I really enjoyed the tournament. There’s a huge market for women’s football, really hope it takes off.

In fairness to them, they’ve built it up not just from nothing but in the face of animosity and ridicule. Can only be good for society if it gets more people playing sport.

He is the biggest earning creator on the platform, earning $3m a month just from ad revenue. So just because I can also be a content creator and technically have the same job as him right now if I wish to do so - it doesn’t automatically mean I should receive the same money.

If the market for women’s football is as big as you say then it will show in the stands. When it shows in the stands then the sponsors will be queuing up to be involved. When the sponsors get involved then the tournaments get bigger. When all that happens, then the coverage begins and the revenue that comes from all of the above naturally flows into the players pockets.

At the moment they want to run before they can walk and jump to the end part without any of the natural economic steps before it.

I think the average attendance for the top level of the game is 3,500. Much of that is heavily discounted and free ticketing. They need to grow that as a first step.

MOTD on 12:13 - Aug 2 with 739 viewsSirjohnalot

MOTD on 09:34 - Aug 2 by Dr_Parnassus

He is the biggest earning creator on the platform, earning $3m a month just from ad revenue. So just because I can also be a content creator and technically have the same job as him right now if I wish to do so - it doesn’t automatically mean I should receive the same money.

If the market for women’s football is as big as you say then it will show in the stands. When it shows in the stands then the sponsors will be queuing up to be involved. When the sponsors get involved then the tournaments get bigger. When all that happens, then the coverage begins and the revenue that comes from all of the above naturally flows into the players pockets.

At the moment they want to run before they can walk and jump to the end part without any of the natural economic steps before it.

I think the average attendance for the top level of the game is 3,500. Much of that is heavily discounted and free ticketing. They need to grow that as a first step.

I do not think that the women should be paid the same as the men, the product is entirely different, but I do think that a portion of the men's game should be diverted to build the women's. Would the top leagues around the world miss a 30 % pay cut ? Very much doubt it. We would see if UEFA are serious about it
MOTD on 23:06 - Aug 2 with 663 viewsDr_Parnassus

MOTD on 12:13 - Aug 2 by Sirjohnalot

I do not think that the women should be paid the same as the men, the product is entirely different, but I do think that a portion of the men's game should be diverted to build the women's. Would the top leagues around the world miss a 30 % pay cut ? Very much doubt it. We would see if UEFA are serious about it

Even that I believe is wrong.

Why not divert another 30% to the disabled team? 30% to the transgender team (assuming there is one)?

There are now hundreds of genders isn’t there? If the men’s game has to give part of its revenue to another league simply because they are a different gender, then do they need to do that to every gendered team? If not, why not?

If the roles were reversed, I don’t think there would be many people championing for the women’s game to give funding to the men’s team.

You have to forge your own way in this world and market drivers put you up the top naturally should your product be good enough and in demand enough. I’m not keen on all these handouts based on gender. It’s a false economy and will struggle to be sustainable without life support elsewhere.

Women don’t have a right to be popular/wealthy/successful at something simply because they are women. If the public like it, it will happen, if they don’t then it won’t.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024