Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) 20:05 - Aug 3 with 27334 viewsModeratorC

Then opening game if then we 2024/25 season is upon us !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62730/boro-fans-talk-abo

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62744/boro-v-swans-free-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62745/boro-v-swans-team-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62746/swans-lose-to-boro

This post has been edited by an administrator
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:34 - Aug 10 with 1931 viewsFireboy2

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:19 - Aug 10 by SullutaCreturned

My take again.

It was a slow paced performance lacking in quality and desire. Grimes was hisua+sual self, slowing us down in the middle and dropping too deep. Fulton was anonymous, our defence was poor and the service up front was almost non exostent, 5 shots in 90 minutes, that is very poor.
Yet again we seem to have the mantra that possession is everything when clearly it is a flawed idea. It's possession without purpose. It's slwo and tedious and I have no confidence that it will improve because for that we need better players and a different game plan.
There are those who like Grimes and think high possession stats are very good but it is all pointless withut goals, or even agoal threat. That brings me to our striker, Cullen isnt good enough.
Eom and Ronald can be a threat but we need to be quicker moving the ball and then they need to have a target, someone running, getting into a good position and they all need support. That was all missing today.

Our defence wasn't poor, if they were boro would have scored more.

I went up today expecting a 3 nil loss and but after the game I was spitting feathers as imo we definitely deserved a point.

I have been vocally negative on this board and my group about our squad and it's chances but after watching today's mostly positive team performance with the thin squad I am quietly positive on our chances on doing well, I am not saying that we are going to get into the top 6 but I think if we get certain players back plus few loans I think we could surprise a few.

Btw It truly sickens me when after one game of 46 certain people are crucifying williams and the team and 10 games before we start calling for williams' head 🤷
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:35 - Aug 10 with 1927 viewsvetchonian

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:19 - Aug 10 by SullutaCreturned

My take again.

It was a slow paced performance lacking in quality and desire. Grimes was hisua+sual self, slowing us down in the middle and dropping too deep. Fulton was anonymous, our defence was poor and the service up front was almost non exostent, 5 shots in 90 minutes, that is very poor.
Yet again we seem to have the mantra that possession is everything when clearly it is a flawed idea. It's possession without purpose. It's slwo and tedious and I have no confidence that it will improve because for that we need better players and a different game plan.
There are those who like Grimes and think high possession stats are very good but it is all pointless withut goals, or even agoal threat. That brings me to our striker, Cullen isnt good enough.
Eom and Ronald can be a threat but we need to be quicker moving the ball and then they need to have a target, someone running, getting into a good position and they all need support. That was all missing today.

Excellent summary....your final words sum things up hopefully when Ronald is back to fitness and our new striker is bedded in this will be fixed

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:37 - Aug 10 with 1906 viewsFireboy2

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:35 - Aug 10 by vetchonian

Excellent summary....your final words sum things up hopefully when Ronald is back to fitness and our new striker is bedded in this will be fixed

Could do with another winger, possibly the liverpool loan, push eom into the no10 and it could go well.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:41 - Aug 10 with 1873 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:34 - Aug 10 by Fireboy2

I went up today expecting a 3 nil loss and but after the game I was spitting feathers as imo we definitely deserved a point.

I have been vocally negative on this board and my group about our squad and it's chances but after watching today's mostly positive team performance with the thin squad I am quietly positive on our chances on doing well, I am not saying that we are going to get into the top 6 but I think if we get certain players back plus few loans I think we could surprise a few.

Btw It truly sickens me when after one game of 46 certain people are crucifying williams and the team and 10 games before we start calling for williams' head 🤷

What sickens me is you not engaging with those who are not as sanguine as you.
If yiu are happy tonight with that ,having taken time away from your family to watch that ,then Infeel for you .
The defence WAS flaky. Deny it all you want. I saw what you saw

Get this into your head .Others love this club as much as you,.more even and have been doing it before you were a tadpole . Get that into your super fan mindset .

It was the first game,yet we were as we were last season . Exactly .
Fact

If you can’t handle the opinions of others then tough . You find it so,clearly . You need to take stock .

Boro wont be going anywhere this year btw.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:43 - Aug 10 with 1865 viewsunion_jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:37 - Aug 10 by Fireboy2

Could do with another winger, possibly the liverpool loan, push eom into the no10 and it could go well.

I watched a YouTube reel of the Liverpool lad, not that impressed. We mustn’t forget his games have been with the u21s which is nowhere near the Championship standard, especially physically. All we are going to do is develop him but what do we get in return if he’s not the required standard.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:44 - Aug 10 with 1855 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:43 - Aug 10 by union_jack

I watched a YouTube reel of the Liverpool lad, not that impressed. We mustn’t forget his games have been with the u21s which is nowhere near the Championship standard, especially physically. All we are going to do is develop him but what do we get in return if he’s not the required standard.

Is he injury prone ?
If so,he s a good fit

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:48 - Aug 10 with 1837 viewsFireboy2

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:43 - Aug 10 by union_jack

I'd rather we get rubin, he's 22/23? So is stronger and has more first team experience.

Plus he will be ours and as you say we won't be developing PL teams players.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 20:08 - Aug 10 with 1761 viewsunion_jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:48 - Aug 10 by Fireboy2

I'd rather we get rubin, he's 22/23? So is stronger and has more first team experience.

Plus he will be ours and as you say we won't be developing PL teams players.

Exactly!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 22:09 - Aug 10 with 1529 viewsSullutaCreturned

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:34 - Aug 10 by Fireboy2

You're joking, Key and Tymon were very poor the first 20, kept giving the ball away. Cabango got booked precisiely because he had to come wide to cover for Key. That Boro didn't score more was their failing, not our good play.

Hw did we deserve a point, we had 63% possession hut had 5 shots but zero shots on target, officially. Whereas Boro had 18 shots, 4 on target. All that possession and nothing clear cut created.
Their penalty was soft but they had 4 clear cut chances to our zero.

Lets face it, Boro were hardly great and we created nothing much. It can sicken you as mcu as you want but this isn't just about one game, It's about several years of our owners running the squad down. We need more players, better players or if we have any injury or suspension issues we will really struggle. The squad is too thin and we ALL knew from last season that Grimes and Fulton as our CM pairing simply doesn't work, you've said it yourself.
I haven't crucified Williams or the team, I've given what I consider a fair appraisal of todays game.
We have to improve.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 22:13 - Aug 10 with 1500 viewsWhiterockin

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 22:09 - Aug 10 by SullutaCreturned

You're joking, Key and Tymon were very poor the first 20, kept giving the ball away. Cabango got booked precisiely because he had to come wide to cover for Key. That Boro didn't score more was their failing, not our good play.

Hw did we deserve a point, we had 63% possession hut had 5 shots but zero shots on target, officially. Whereas Boro had 18 shots, 4 on target. All that possession and nothing clear cut created.
Their penalty was soft but they had 4 clear cut chances to our zero.

Lets face it, Boro were hardly great and we created nothing much. It can sicken you as mcu as you want but this isn't just about one game, It's about several years of our owners running the squad down. We need more players, better players or if we have any injury or suspension issues we will really struggle. The squad is too thin and we ALL knew from last season that Grimes and Fulton as our CM pairing simply doesn't work, you've said it yourself.
I haven't crucified Williams or the team, I've given what I consider a fair appraisal of todays game.
We have to improve.

We had 3 shots on target but they were counted as blocks.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 22:19 - Aug 10 with 1485 viewsSullutaCreturned

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 22:13 - Aug 10 by Whiterockin

We had 3 shots on target but they were counted as blocks.

That's what the stats say, a blocked sht isn't considered on target, it's silly but there you go. Boro had 7 blocked so really they had 11 on target.

36% possession and 11 on target to our 3, that shows how little we created with 63% possession, isnt that considered poor?
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 07:55 - Aug 11 with 1078 viewssons_of_omri

I get what you’re saying completely. Williams biggest test will be if by some miracle we get another CM in wot quality who could work well with Franco and speed up our play.

If that should happen - will he drop pipe and slippers and give the captaincy to Darling (far more suited to that role as he is)?

If he doesn’t then he deserves the criticism. The focus has to be the entire team and their collective ability to win football matches. Not on some fella looking to be semi retired just going through the motions until he does. Our club is EVERYTHING - we deserve better.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 08:18 - Aug 11 with 1000 viewsjack247

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 07:55 - Aug 11 by sons_of_omri

I get what you’re saying completely. Williams biggest test will be if by some miracle we get another CM in wot quality who could work well with Franco and speed up our play.

If that should happen - will he drop pipe and slippers and give the captaincy to Darling (far more suited to that role as he is)?

If he doesn’t then he deserves the criticism. The focus has to be the entire team and their collective ability to win football matches. Not on some fella looking to be semi retired just going through the motions until he does. Our club is EVERYTHING - we deserve better.

Joe Allen
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 08:35 - Aug 11 with 937 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 07:55 - Aug 11 by sons_of_omri

Too bluddy right
We don’t deserve what we have
Read how many state they are not renewing STs and disinclined to go to games ..
They remain fans
They still care
They are concerned

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 08:42 - Aug 11 with 919 viewsjack247

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 08:35 - Aug 11 by onehunglow

Too bluddy right
We don’t deserve what we have
Read how many state they are not renewing STs and disinclined to go to games ..
They remain fans
They still care
They are concerned

If by some miracle, we ever start playing good football and get promoted, I’d hope those people don’t start buying season tickets again.

They’ve done their stint and respect to them for that.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 08:47 - Aug 11 with 895 viewslifelong

First game of the season and the doom and gloom merchants are out in full force.

A much improved performance in the second half, should have had a much deserved point.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 08:55 - Aug 11 with 875 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 08:42 - Aug 11 by jack247

If by some miracle, we ever start playing good football and get promoted, I’d hope those people don’t start buying season tickets again.

They’ve done their stint and respect to them for that.

Don’t agree .
People are free to “ support” as they see fit.
Frankly,being older than most on here,I try to get the most of every day .
Driving to a stadium to stand along other souls watching what we serve up is not enjoyment . Yeah,it’s good to meet up with fellow fans but it shouldn’t be a duty,more a compulsion .
We’re a decent club that were sold to the wrong people . We re not alone ,true, n but this is now painful . We’ve gone from shopping at Waitrose to seeking solace at Asda smart goods .

We can’t afford to waste money ,yet we offer contracts to players either past their best or injured and still persist with dumb tactics .

Enjoy your day

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 08:58 - Aug 11 with 872 viewsjack247

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 08:55 - Aug 11 by onehunglow

Don’t agree .
People are free to “ support” as they see fit.
Frankly,being older than most on here,I try to get the most of every day .
Driving to a stadium to stand along other souls watching what we serve up is not enjoyment . Yeah,it’s good to meet up with fellow fans but it shouldn’t be a duty,more a compulsion .
We’re a decent club that were sold to the wrong people . We re not alone ,true, n but this is now painful . We’ve gone from shopping at Waitrose to seeking solace at Asda smart goods .

We can’t afford to waste money ,yet we offer contracts to players either past their best or injured and still persist with dumb tactics .

Enjoy your day

Fair enough. Entitled to your opinion.

I don’t subscribe to the theory people can pick and choose when to support the club, but that’s just me. I can’t stop anyone else doing it.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 09:01 - Aug 11 with 854 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 08:58 - Aug 11 by jack247

Fair enough. Entitled to your opinion.

I don’t subscribe to the theory people can pick and choose when to support the club, but that’s just me. I can’t stop anyone else doing it.

Excellent riposte . Fair play
Get that BBQ out or get down Gower

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 09:16 - Aug 11 with 836 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 08:47 - Aug 11 by lifelong

First game of the season and the doom and gloom merchants are out in full force.

A much improved performance in the second half, should have had a much deserved point.

It will get better, we know that, but I think the loss of the premier league has affected certain supporters to the extent they just can’t get over it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 09:27 - Aug 11 with 785 viewsFireboy2

I don't think that atm it's the centre of midfield is the problem, we don't have a centre forward and 2 wingers, we did well yesterday considering we didn't have those two.

Hopefully we will get another winger and zan gets upto speed then we can have a better,, quicker, more fluid attack.

Eom could do well in the centre behind zan as a no10, get allen back and get fulton and cullen away from the starting 11.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 09:31 - Aug 11 with 771 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 09:16 - Aug 11 by KeithHaynes

It will get better, we know that, but I think the loss of the premier league has affected certain supporters to the extent they just can’t get over it.

True enough and Om a perfect example
I also have a right to feel indignant,annoyed,irritated frustrated and angry .
When yiu love something if someone or something,it hurts to lose and we have .
Doom and gloom ,the most trite phrase that one can use .
Clearly,the usual suspects / the happy clappers/ positive posters / done the hard miles fans are watching over us .

First game of the season and it started as last ended

And people are happy with that ?

They ain’t

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 09:47 - Aug 11 with 726 viewsvetchonian

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 09:16 - Aug 11 by KeithHaynes

Too true Keith I'm surewe attracted new fans when we moved to the Liberty and then when we got to the PL some of these may not all share the deep love some other fans do. In recent times the football has been dull and unrewarding so I sort of get it yet I can remember witnessing far worse at the Vetch following the Tosh years but then our games weren't avaible to watch live on tv or computer as today.
What I can't cope with is fans moaning about the owners not investing them won't pay to attend but happy to subscribe to pay per view channels to watch us...whilst still having a go at the club.
But it's a free country and we are all free to do as we wish and have opinions.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 11:05 - Aug 11 with 593 viewsSullutaCreturned

Or maybe there are people out there, like myself, who in the end grew bored of the Premier league and all it represents and were happier in the Championship?

I saw and still see a lot of greed with the authorities pandering to the biggest clubs and that sickened me.

My refusal to buy a season ticket is more about falling out of love with the whole sport than falling out with the Swans. 52 years of going, most of it almost religiously and nowit is time to explore new horizons. Myslef and my son will still go to games, we have tickets for Preston and Cardiff and we're planning the first away trips too, we'll probaby do more away games than home this season. If thats not good enough for anybody then quite honestly they can get stuffed,
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 11:05 - Aug 11 with 590 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 09:47 - Aug 11 by vetchonian

Too true Keith I'm surewe attracted new fans when we moved to the Liberty and then when we got to the PL some of these may not all share the deep love some other fans do. In recent times the football has been dull and unrewarding so I sort of get it yet I can remember witnessing far worse at the Vetch following the Tosh years but then our games weren't avaible to watch live on tv or computer as today.
What I can't cope with is fans moaning about the owners not investing them won't pay to attend but happy to subscribe to pay per view channels to watch us...whilst still having a go at the club.
But it's a free country and we are all free to do as we wish and have opinions.

Your last sentence simply is not true
Local people were attracted to supporting their home town club when we got to the Prem
The question yiu should be asking us why we fell out of it in such dramatic fashion .
All fans are welcome or should be but they are not .
We’ve read all this super fan stuff before ad nauseum
Casual fans ,home fans only fans ,holiday fans, Saturday only fans all equal .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024