Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) 20:05 - Aug 3 with 27335 viewsModeratorC

Then opening game if then we 2024/25 season is upon us !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62730/boro-fans-talk-abo

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62744/boro-v-swans-free-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62745/boro-v-swans-team-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62746/swans-lose-to-boro

This post has been edited by an administrator
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 16:45 - Aug 10 with 1892 viewsjack247

I’ve disagreed with people saying Williams is a Martin clone, but that first half especially was very close to it.

Not so much overplaying it, but stupid and repetitive individual errors when they weren’t under real pressure. Full backs pushed too far up and wide. Not much midfield cover when they broke at pace. Great when we’re pressing, but our centre backs need more protection than that.

Very early to judge Vig, but he looks more Fisher than Rushworth to me.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 16:50 - Aug 10 with 1844 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 16:45 - Aug 10 by jack247

I’ve disagreed with people saying Williams is a Martin clone, but that first half especially was very close to it.

Not so much overplaying it, but stupid and repetitive individual errors when they weren’t under real pressure. Full backs pushed too far up and wide. Not much midfield cover when they broke at pace. Great when we’re pressing, but our centre backs need more protection than that.

Very early to judge Vig, but he looks more Fisher than Rushworth to me.

He’s always been a clone
It’s why he was brought to us,to continue this “style” of play,which has been proven to be utter crap.its ineffective and unattractive .
We have a default and it’s Grimes who oversees it all.
The only “ positive” tiday was Eom taking a lovely free kick instead of him. I just hope he’s not got a bad injury,which is another issue . Why so many injuries
All in all, I’m to enjoy dinner and take dog down the beach

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 17:08 - Aug 10 with 1763 viewsjack247

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 16:50 - Aug 10 by onehunglow

He’s always been a clone
It’s why he was brought to us,to continue this “style” of play,which has been proven to be utter crap.its ineffective and unattractive .
The only “ positive” tiday was Eom taking a lovely free kick instead of him. I just hope he’s not got a bad injury,which is another issue . Why so many injuries

He wasn’t last season. Martin was playing 3 CBs and we barely passed the half way line when Williams was working under him.

The way we played last season looked like it could have been effective with a big, powerful striker.

First half today we looked completely undercooked. Improved when Ronald came on. Our fullbacks both looked like they hadn’t had a pre season.

Boro were sloppy themselves. We could have been rinsed in the first half.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 17:15 - Aug 10 with 1724 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 17:08 - Aug 10 by jack247

He wasn’t last season. Martin was playing 3 CBs and we barely passed the half way line when Williams was working under him.

The way we played last season looked like it could have been effective with a big, powerful striker.

First half today we looked completely undercooked. Improved when Ronald came on. Our fullbacks both looked like they hadn’t had a pre season.

Boro were sloppy themselves. We could have been rinsed in the first half.

Don’t entirely agree as I seem to recall plenty of occasions when we did.
I watch games with wifey sometimes and you should hear her going on about it .
She was pretty disgusting tiday in fairness and got rather snotty.
She’s a bloody Liverpool fan anyway and hates us

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 17:25 - Aug 10 with 1683 viewsRichardO

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 14:02 - Aug 10 by Flashberryjack

Dive ? that was a blatant shove in the back.

Sarcastic response as some posters stating he goes down too easily
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 17:28 - Aug 10 with 1652 viewsDr_Winston

We starter with Cullen upfront and a midfield of Grimes/Fulton. No shit we struggled.

There are multiple youth options worth giving a punt ahead of setups we know full well don't work. This one is on Williams.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:04 - Aug 10 with 1565 viewsTreforys_Jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 17:28 - Aug 10 by Dr_Winston

We starter with Cullen upfront and a midfield of Grimes/Fulton. No shit we struggled.

There are multiple youth options worth giving a punt ahead of setups we know full well don't work. This one is on Williams.

Grimes is a huge problem for us, every year we get the nonsense that a club is sniffing around him. Err no they're not, good squad member with a fantastic fitness record, but certainly not someone you should build a team around, and don't start me on Fulton. Put them together and we're so passive, yet multiple managers just keep doing it.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:05 - Aug 10 with 1555 viewsFireboy2

Just got home after a decent run.

Fvck me there are some doom mongers on this forum, you lot remind me of this utter bellend standing close to me and my mate, he never stopped moaning all game, yes first half i can forgive but we were definitely better than them in the second, we lost to a team I expected to beat us by 3, they didn't even deserve their goal.

Plenty of positives, the second half which was considerably better than the first which i see as a massive plus, we are going to get better aa time gets on, as players come back from injury and we get a few more in.

Franco was absolute class, he's another level above any of our players, he moves into positions looking for the ball, gets it, passes it to someone who most often than not doesnt expect it then moves into space looking for it again, he works hard off the ball in defence, he was everywhere and he's only going to get better and btw he onky did what those cheating boro front men were doing by diving, darling was very good, made some crucial tackles, won most of his headers, tymon was great in the second half, Ronald put himself about, good to see him doing that when he was only passed fit yesterday, eon never stops running, always looking for the ball, his defensive role needs work but another who is only going to get better, naughton showed his class when he came on, everything he did was very good, one of the reasons along with ronald why we were so much better in the second half.

Zan didn't really do much so can't really comment, I'm hoping he will get good minutes on Tues and bangs a few in to give him confidence, I am looking forward even more to next week as we are coming down for the weekend, hopefully we can click and see pne off.

Not many negatives, obviously our poor start but that was to be expected, we have a thin squad against what I expected to be a good team (they werent) away, canango isn't a ball playing centre half and fulton shouldn't ever start a game for us again, never mind him playing a position he isnt used to, he was totally anonymous.
[Post edited 10 Aug 18:11]
Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:09 - Aug 10 with 1514 viewsFireboy2

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 17:25 - Aug 10 by RichardO

Sarcastic response as some posters stating he goes down too easily

He only copied what most boro players were doing, that ref was f@#£ing shocking.

It looked a dodgy penalty and from a distance it looked a penalty for eon and anon in the second half.

Franco is going to good for us, he's comfortable in any position in midfield and he's onky going to get better.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:10 - Aug 10 with 1494 viewsDr_Winston

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:04 - Aug 10 by Treforys_Jack

Grimes is a huge problem for us, every year we get the nonsense that a club is sniffing around him. Err no they're not, good squad member with a fantastic fitness record, but certainly not someone you should build a team around, and don't start me on Fulton. Put them together and we're so passive, yet multiple managers just keep doing it.

Grimes winds me up more than basically any other player in the squad because nobody is rated higher based on basically nothing than him.

He is a tremendously capable footballer. He's been here a decade and the number of seasons in which he's demonstrated that can be counted on two fingers. In reality he is replaceable at best and an active hindrance at worst.

We cannot keep playing him and Fulton together. Individually they're decent enouggh. Together they're a problem. A massive, massive rope around our collective necks.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:11 - Aug 10 with 1484 viewstheloneranger

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:09 - Aug 10 by Fireboy2

He only copied what most boro players were doing, that ref was f@#£ing shocking.

It looked a dodgy penalty and from a distance it looked a penalty for eon and anon in the second half.

Franco is going to good for us, he's comfortable in any position in midfield and he's onky going to get better.

He gave us nothing at home to QPR last season!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:12 - Aug 10 with 1462 viewstheloneranger

Fair assessment ...

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:13 - Aug 10 with 1455 viewsKeithHaynes

Always welcome a view from the game, but Liam wasn’t that impressed, but he had been up since 2.30 am 😂 I didn’t see much to shout about mate, I just thought we needed better passing movements and better decision making in the ball. There some shocking performances, but I’ll not hang them out to dry.
Tymon, Fulton and Cullen 😂
I think the former is a quality player.

Good support though estimated around 550 ? What did you think ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:24 - Aug 10 with 1363 viewssons_of_omri

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:10 - Aug 10 by Dr_Winston

Grimes winds me up more than basically any other player in the squad because nobody is rated higher based on basically nothing than him.

He is a tremendously capable footballer. He's been here a decade and the number of seasons in which he's demonstrated that can be counted on two fingers. In reality he is replaceable at best and an active hindrance at worst.

We cannot keep playing him and Fulton together. Individually they're decent enouggh. Together they're a problem. A massive, massive rope around our collective necks.

Someone mentioned his fitness record being fantastic - well to be fair I don’t think he puts himself about enough to get injured (like Bodde did for example).

He could take the field wearing slippers and smoking a pipe and his game wouldn’t be adversely affected.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:31 - Aug 10 with 1317 viewsjack247

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 17:28 - Aug 10 by Dr_Winston

I’d say it’s on Coleman and Watson to be honest.

Cullen is only plugging a gap until Vipotnik is ready. When Ronald is 100% I’d hope he’d try Grimes/Franco/Abdulai.

Of course, we shouldn’t be going into the first game with no suitable striker and a central midfielder on the wing, but we’ve been here before.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:35 - Aug 10 with 1292 viewsswancity

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 16:50 - Aug 10 by onehunglow

He’s always been a clone

Clueless as usual 👍🏻 That’s you not our team.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:46 - Aug 10 with 1242 viewsvetchonian

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:05 - Aug 10 by Fireboy2

Just got home after a decent run.

Fvck me there are some doom mongers on this forum, you lot remind me of this utter bellend standing close to me and my mate, he never stopped moaning all game, yes first half i can forgive but we were definitely better than them in the second, we lost to a team I expected to beat us by 3, they didn't even deserve their goal.

Plenty of positives, the second half which was considerably better than the first which i see as a massive plus, we are going to get better aa time gets on, as players come back from injury and we get a few more in.

Franco was absolute class, he's another level above any of our players, he moves into positions looking for the ball, gets it, passes it to someone who most often than not doesnt expect it then moves into space looking for it again, he works hard off the ball in defence, he was everywhere and he's only going to get better and btw he onky did what those cheating boro front men were doing by diving, darling was very good, made some crucial tackles, won most of his headers, tymon was great in the second half, Ronald put himself about, good to see him doing that when he was only passed fit yesterday, eon never stops running, always looking for the ball, his defensive role needs work but another who is only going to get better, naughton showed his class when he came on, everything he did was very good, one of the reasons along with ronald why we were so much better in the second half.

Zan didn't really do much so can't really comment, I'm hoping he will get good minutes on Tues and bangs a few in to give him confidence, I am looking forward even more to next week as we are coming down for the weekend, hopefully we can click and see pne off.

Not many negatives, obviously our poor start but that was to be expected, we have a thin squad against what I expected to be a good team (they werent) away, canango isn't a ball playing centre half and fulton shouldn't ever start a game for us again, never mind him playing a position he isnt used to, he was totally anonymous.
[Post edited 10 Aug 18:11]

GREAT POST FB

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:47 - Aug 10 with 1227 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:35 - Aug 10 by swancity

Clueless as usual 👍🏻 That’s you not our team.

Hello and welcome to our forum .
It’s where we post our opinions
You don’t like it,tough

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:49 - Aug 10 with 1203 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:46 - Aug 10 by vetchonian

GREAT POST FB

Is it really.
We lost to a totally average team who were crapping themselves at the end We could had them by the balls . We stroked it slowly sideways right until the end
Clueless is right

Great post

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:51 - Aug 10 with 1168 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:04 - Aug 10 by Treforys_Jack

Now that’s a great post Doom monger you, yiu seem to have hit the nail on the head whilst sone refuse to believe what they see .
Love can blind the truth
I hate the way we play
Anyone actually enjoy that today
?
No,you didnt

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:53 - Aug 10 with 1149 viewsFireboy2

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:46 - Aug 10 by vetchonian

GREAT POST FB

Cheers Vetch 👍

Still on for next week 😉
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:10 - Aug 10 with 1073 viewsvetchonian

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 18:49 - Aug 10 by onehunglow

Is it really.
We lost to a totally average team who were crapping themselves at the end We could had them by the balls . We stroked it slowly sideways right until the end
Clueless is right

Great post

A team that finished 8th last season tipped for a top six finish this.

We lost by one goal from a penalty....still some work to
Yes...as FB (with whom I am often at odds) states things improved 2nd half ...we have players to return from injury...and hopefully a few yet to arrive.
We all know the likes of Cullen foe example are squad player level but Luke is trying to work with what he has.
Let's give him 10 games before we call for his head or shout about how crap we are.
Those up rhe road have been lauded by some on here hro their acquisitions.....how did they fare today.
45 games to go.....let's hope a week Saturday we are the winners

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:18 - Aug 10 with 1030 viewsunion_jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:10 - Aug 10 by vetchonian

Yes...as FB (with whom I am often at odds) states things improved 2nd half ...we have players to return from injury...and hopefully a few yet to arrive.
We all know the likes of Cullen foe example are squad player level but Luke is trying to work with what he has.
Let's give him 10 games before we call for his head or shout about how crap we are.
Those up rhe road have been lauded by some on here hro their acquisitions.....how did they fare today.

Agree with the 10 games, I say this every season. May take more but if we don’t click early our season may be nothing to write home about or worse!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:19 - Aug 10 with 1028 viewsSullutaCreturned

My take again.

It was a slow paced performance lacking in quality and desire. Grimes was hisua+sual self, slowing us down in the middle and dropping too deep. Fulton was anonymous, our defence was poor and the service up front was almost non exostent, 5 shots in 90 minutes, that is very poor.
Yet again we seem to have the mantra that possession is everything when clearly it is a flawed idea. It's possession without purpose. It's slwo and tedious and I have no confidence that it will improve because for that we need better players and a different game plan.
There are those who like Grimes and think high possession stats are very good but it is all pointless withut goals, or even agoal threat. That brings me to our striker, Cullen isnt good enough.
Eom and Ronald can be a threat but we need to be quicker moving the ball and then they need to have a target, someone running, getting into a good position and they all need support. That was all missing today.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:33 - Aug 10 with 947 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 19:10 - Aug 10 by vetchonian

Last season .
LAST
Yiu like the great one are looking for sone comfort . That’s ok
Reality is hard to take
Reality is we lost to a shyte team that is kidding itself
Meanwhile, Oxford Utd beat Norwich ,tipped to go up and Pompey almost beat filthy Leeds .

Best we can hope for is Grines being sold for a decent fee and the Portuguese taking over as main man .
Grimes liking Swansea as a city means nowt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024