Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All EFL fixtures suspended 10:44 - Mar 13 with 17594 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

All EFL fixtures suspended on 16:49 - Mar 14 with 1549 viewsjasper_T

All EFL fixtures suspended on 16:32 - Mar 14 by ploppy

So you're Mystic Meg now? Anyway, I'm done. Rock on.

Italy is our future. Spain and France are a little ahead of us. You don't need a crystal ball to see what it's going to bring.
All EFL fixtures suspended on 16:53 - Mar 14 with 1547 viewsTummer_from_Texas

All EFL fixtures suspended on 16:37 - Mar 14 by ladyjack

The English led UK Government have their own experts who seem to have a different plan to the rest of the World, there are some clever British people about mind you after it's all over Britain might come out of it as the strongest country in the World again and USA might become one of our colonies again, you never know.

There was a time prior to 2017 when I think I would have been OK with that. And that feeling may return again someday.

Just so long as y'all don't make me drive on the left side of the road and from the wrong side of the car again.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

All EFL fixtures suspended on 16:55 - Mar 14 with 1540 viewsjasper_T

All EFL fixtures suspended on 16:32 - Mar 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

Funny, I posted the same thing without comment in another thread about the American president yesterday, and some nasty deranged psycho told me to get stuffed and strangely accused me of gloating.

But in all seriousness, I hope your leadership in the UK is doing everything it can to protect all of y'all, including tight travel restrictions, until this crisis passes.

I'm fairly sure we'll reverse gear and do what everyone else is doing once the bodies start piling up and the public all get a front row view of what a sacrificial "build herd immunity" plan actually looks like.
All EFL fixtures suspended on 05:19 - Mar 15 with 1431 viewsTimTtam

The National League held 6/12 games, and there were many 6th tier matches held. They've said matches will continue to go ahead, but I doubt it. It will be interesting what happens with these fixtures on Tuesday night:

Boreham Wood and Barnet postponed fixtures yesterday, so I can't see them playing midweek.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

All EFL fixtures suspended on 19:28 - Mar 16 with 1326 viewsjasper_T

Reassuring that all those experts our government were listening to have now backtracked. Won't do much good for the people who will die due to delaying action, though. Thank God football and other sports decided on their own to shut down before the weekend.

All EFL fixtures suspended on 20:54 - Mar 16 with 1270 viewsTenbySwan

Is the reason the Government is not 'TELLING' sport to close down so that they do not have to pay them compensation?

The West End Theatres and top night clubs are up in arms tonight. The Government has not closed them down but just told people not to go. Meaning that they cant claim compo off the government or claim off their insurance. They have effectively thrown them under the bus financially. The only thing they could do is sue the government and good luck with that!

Glastonbury is still at this stage going ahead . They are waiting i suspect to be told to close so that they can claim compo or claim off their insurance . All tickets are sold so they have nothing to lose but if they decide to cancel now they would have to give everyone a refund and lose a fortune.
All EFL fixtures suspended on 21:20 - Mar 16 with 1255 viewsjasper_T

All EFL fixtures suspended on 20:54 - Mar 16 by TenbySwan

Is the reason the Government is not 'TELLING' sport to close down so that they do not have to pay them compensation?

The West End Theatres and top night clubs are up in arms tonight. The Government has not closed them down but just told people not to go. Meaning that they cant claim compo off the government or claim off their insurance. They have effectively thrown them under the bus financially. The only thing they could do is sue the government and good luck with that!

Glastonbury is still at this stage going ahead . They are waiting i suspect to be told to close so that they can claim compo or claim off their insurance . All tickets are sold so they have nothing to lose but if they decide to cancel now they would have to give everyone a refund and lose a fortune.

Governments protecting insurance underwriters is the most likely reason, yes. That or cowardice, not wanting to be the bad guy telling people "no". There's a lot of big events in America playing chicken for the same reason - they can't afford to cancel themselves, they need the government to order it to claim and recoup their costs.

Boris % co are doing everything short of actually taking responsibility for the decision, and it's deliberate. Meanwhile Spain has nationalised all private medical facilities in the country, and Macron has made huge promises to look after the French people during shutdowns he's ordering (a freeze on utility bills and rents etc.)
All EFL fixtures suspended on 22:15 - Mar 16 with 1219 viewsmajorraglan

All EFL fixtures suspended on 19:28 - Mar 16 by jasper_T

Reassuring that all those experts our government were listening to have now backtracked. Won't do much good for the people who will die due to delaying action, though. Thank God football and other sports decided on their own to shut down before the weekend.

Scenario 1 - Reduce demand on health care and deaths by half, but still 260,000 thousand will die!

It’s clear this is spreading faster in London than anywhere, having a hundred thousand additional rugby supporters in Cardiff can’t have done much to stem the spread!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024