Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill and Coleman on NWT 18:32 - Jan 23 with 3822 views442Dale

Interviews with both on bbc1 in next half hour.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 18:46 - Jan 23 with 2895 viewsClivert

Coleman to say 'Is it coz I'm Scouse'???

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 18:53 - Jan 23 with 2841 viewsShun

When asked if he'd stay on beyond this season, Hilly replied, "It's plausible."

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 18:55 - Jan 23 with 2817 viewsSuddenLad

Coleman hinted that he knew he was on his way from the moment Hill was available.

He then said he would have preferred that the club had said ' Keith Hill is now available and we want to get him back. I would have just shook hands and said O.K."

Seemed a bit miffed that it happened like it did, but didn't moan too much.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 18:56 - Jan 23 with 2812 viewsRalphs12

That's something that worries me. But, if it goes well the Barnsley experience could be something that helps us. Just listening to the Dale player interview and that fills me with abit more confidence long term.

Speaking of sports science for example "will it return" ........"eventually...yes"
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 19:02 - Jan 23 with 2764 views442Dale

The initial interviews point to a reinvigorated and slightly different Keith Hill. Just little things, but a lot of focus on talking about the club.

Much more 2007 than 2010-2011.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 19:03 - Jan 23 with 2750 viewsD_Alien

This is JC simply doing what all sacked managers do, and trying to put a gloss on it!

Is he seriously implying that if we were in a play-off position (or looking like we'd got a centre-back in hell's chance of getting there), he'd wouldn't still be manager of the Dale?

Can't blame him for making it look a straightforward choice between him and Hilly, but we know the reality is very different.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 19:04 - Jan 23 with 2735 viewsRalphs12

Totally agree, lost count of how many times he said "restore faith in the badge" on dale player.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 19:07 - Jan 23 with 2701 viewselectricblue

Anybody notice hills swagger walking towards the media and down the steps..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 19:11 - Jan 23 with 2671 viewsD_Alien

He used to run like that as a player, hence being outpaced by many a forward!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 19:17 - Jan 23 with 2622 views_dezzy

I hope Hilly can get some discipline into the team, its been shocking under coleman

KHBA

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 19:23 - Jan 23 with 2590 viewsSuddenLad

We know the reality, but to be fair, I think JC came across as quite calm and there was that 'air of inevitability' about the way he talked about it.

I think he knew the game was up.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 19:35 - Jan 23 with 2536 viewsBeefCurtain

Just saw this and found it very amusing..

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 20:43 - Jan 23 with 2407 viewsSaxonDale

May just be me but I get the impression that Hill will be here putting himself in the shop window until the end of the season, then if a club that appeals to him in turns of size and location during May is available then he will be an attractive-and free proposition. Also looks to me that if this is the case Beech/Ellis are already being groomed as Hills successors to enable the transition to go as smoothly as possible.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 20:48 - Jan 23 with 2375 viewsSalwaDale

I think you could read that into it. He won't jump ship too quickly though and if things don't go well for Flicker don't rule out a reunion of Hillcroft.

Even if Hill does go in the summer I suspect it will have been worth it.

TBBT

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 20:54 - Jan 23 with 2354 viewsSaxonDale

I think his failure at Barnsley will probably make him more patient and more selective in terms of considering his new opportunities, which will definitely work in our clubs favour. Completely agree with that last sentence.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 21:08 - Jan 23 with 2283 views442Dale

Yes, Hill could go again, but there's a real chance that this is the opportunity for him to actually make a mark on football by actually staying with one club. He's seen what happens elsewhere and he also knows that achieving success the right way is all too rare.

Could be way, way out, but there's something unique that could be about to begin here. That's not putting the pressure on and saying we have to finish top 7, but it's akin to starting a brand new game of Chanpionship Manager or whatever it's called now; anything and everything is possible... and you know you won the Champions League on last year's game.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 21:21 - Jan 23 with 2218 viewsdale1968

FFS you lot get a grip the guys not in the job more than a day.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 21:22 - Jan 23 with 2206 views442Dale

Exactly, but he's made a decent start, eh?

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 21:25 - Jan 23 with 2198 viewsR17ALE

My hunch is that Flicker has been given till the end of the season, and so has Hill. Therefore, it would be possible for them to re-unite in the summer.

Personally, I think Hill has enough about him to shake things up on his own, sign players, and establish his authority on the rabble he will inherit.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 21:37 - Jan 23 with 2139 viewsNewbury_Dale

Great opportunity for Beach to transfer his good training ground work with the youth team into senior football without the pressure of having his name above the door.

Fllicker will be our manager come August 2013 on 21:59 - Jan 23 with 2072 viewsbarnsley1

I'm pretty sure of that, he's like Keith hill, but without the crap bits like slagging off a fan base, the lifeblood of the club, not attacking the opposition and just playing across the back four, losing lots of football games and being a total tit in interviews.

Very interested to see how things work out for keef. Everything in his interview suggests he was out of his depth in the championship and couldn't handle the pressure. When he touted himself for the Leeds, burley, Blackburn job, any job that came up I did wonder how the hell he would cope with the huge pressures of the job when he couldn't cope at oakwell and were not exactly real Madrid.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 22:33 - Jan 23 with 2024 viewsolympicdale

I think Hill does have a strong feeling towards this club, he's been here over 10 years as a player/coach/manager, an what i got from the brief interview was he would be interested in staying on past May, i think the past 18 months he will have learnt a lot, and I hope we can hang on to him for next season to see him push the club onwards.

The main thing with his return, is the board MUST now take what hill implements into the club, to heart, theyve got a second chance now, and they must not let it slip away after this year, regardless who is ib charge. I hope we can keep Hill for next year as this club desperately needs stability.

Life is a game of fate.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 22:36 - Jan 23 with 2004 viewsFrog

Word from a senior player is that Beech is an excellent coach, training and skills wise, but when he was in charge his team talks were dire, went on for ages and the most boring and uninspiring ever.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 22:52 - Jan 23 with 1960 viewsolympicdale

Beech will never be a good manager, youve either got it or you havent, no matter what Hill may teach him, I dont want to see Beech as first team coach, he worked hard to undermine Steve Eyre when he was here, niggling and picking at him from behind the scenes, he wont dare try that with Hill, he does a good job with the kids, why do we insist on thinking he can do a job as manager.

Life is a game of fate.

Fllicker will be our manager come August 2013 on 23:06 - Jan 23 with 1936 viewsAtThePeake

Well, for a start he'd have a bigger budget and would have taken over a squad of better players.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024