Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill and Coleman on NWT 18:32 - Jan 23 with 3959 views442Dale

Interviews with both on bbc1 in next half hour.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 23:19 - Jan 23 with 903 viewsSaxonDale

Rubbish, he had an incredibly difficult job at Rochdale, probably the definition of a poisoned chalice. It'd be very harsh for Beech to be judged on a period where ultimately the players weren't his players and weren't up to League 1 standard. I also think that the players that he did recruit were somewhat dictated to him by our League position at the time. Every manager has weaknesses, for example Roy Hodgson is apparently fantastic tactically, however his coaching style is incredibly boring and monotonous. It's just about getting an assistant manager who fits perfectly with the managers style and whose strengths are in the areas where the manager is at his weakest, hence why Hillcroft were seemingly such a good pairing.

*Edit- Also I'm not trying to say that its conclusive that Beech will be a good manager, just that he shouldn't be judged on last season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 23:39 - Jan 23 with 877 viewsolympicdale

I stand by it, I dont see him as a potential manager. He's a decent youth coach lets leave it at that, our next manager if it isnt Hill HAS to be the absolute right choice, and I wouldnt be confident with Beech, I think the players last year figured him out pretty quickly, THAT stevenage game summing it up perfectly, why shouldnt he be judged on last year, had his chance an blew it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 23:43 - Jan 23 with 866 viewsNerazzurri

I can see that, I was looking back through Dale Player this afternoon while waiting for Hill's interview to pop up and I watched the Stevenage 1-5 debacle post match interview and it was a struggle to sit through it. He was just droning on really!

Forza Nerazzurri

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 23:47 - Jan 23 with 856 viewsNotEyreClue

Stevenage still gives me nightmares. We were all over the place and regardless of the players, we were positionally and tactically inept beyond belief. Don't ever want Beech near the job again

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 00:56 - Jan 24 with 811 viewsSaxonDale

Rochdale last season, and even this season, had performances to a very similar standard under Coleman. He shouldn't be judged on last year as he was following on from the worst manager in the clubs history, with the players in his squad being bad apples as has later been shown (Eg Bunn) or simply not up to League 1 standard (The vast majority.)

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 02:17 - Jan 24 with 786 viewsolympicdale

maybe so, maybe it was just a culmination of bad apples etc, but if I were Dunphy i would not want to take the chance that it was just the players around him at the time, the next appointment if it isnt Hill for another year, is crucial, and i wouldnt want Beech to get it, on a maybe factor.

Life is a game of fate.

Hill and Coleman on NWT on 09:32 - Jan 24 with 701 viewsDorsetDale

Massive diference between now and then.

Beech was solely involved with the youth team before taking over from Eyre. This time he's coach/assistant manager learning daily from Hill.

I, like the majority, am hoping KH stays beyond this seasson which will give CB plenty of experience in and around the first team.

If/when Hill does eventually leave and Dunphy has the belief that Beech is a much better prospect this time, I'd be happy to trust his decision (not withstanding one would assume that KH would have recommended Beech as against not doing so).

Let's just hope the situation is a while off yet.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024