Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staying Up 09:21 - Dec 2 with 3521 viewsdaveB

it look pretty bleak but i feel a bit more confident about our chances of staying up after yesterday, i thought we were very good until Diakite went off, only one side was going to win it but the enforced changes meant we lost the balance in midfield and the planned change to put on a fresh Cisse for 20 minutes at the end was gone.

I think Redknapp will have learnt a lot about some of our players in the last half an hour and will make the changes needed. It's going to be tough but I do think we'll get out of this now.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Staying Up on 09:31 - Dec 2 with 2025 viewsThaiHoop

Wish I could agree but 10 wins and 3 or 4 draws from the remaining 23 games....sorry but I can't see it

Staying Up on 09:35 - Dec 2 with 2002 viewsklr

No chance in Hell.

Although I'd like a glass of what you're drinking.

The change needed to be made after the Arsenal game, we hamstrung ourselves & confirmed relegation with the wages Hughes & all his "staff" were on.

We will be up there with the Pompey team that bought Defoe & everyone else as a prime example of how NOT to go about things if you want a successful Premiership campaign.

Staying Up on 09:38 - Dec 2 with 1998 viewsdaveB

tall order but i don't think we'll need 10 wins, 36 points will be enough imo

next few games are key, it's obvious to say we need to win soon but i think if we can beat Wigan and West Brom and can get points against Fulham and the Geordies we'll be fine, easier said than done but I've seen enough in the last two games to see we have a bit of fight about us now

Staying Up on 10:32 - Dec 2 with 1940 viewsted_hendrix

I can't remember who It was (might have been WBA) but a few Years ago they were bottom at Xmas and shit and basically down, new Manager came in and somehow saved them from the drop.
At half time at the Etihad at the end of last season we were numerically relegated, we were all walking around the Etihad concourse saying "bollox" at full time we were still a Premier league club.
Everything points to us being relegated, all we can do now (I hope) is fight like fcking mad for each and every point available.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Staying Up on 10:38 - Dec 2 with 1921 viewsCHUBBS

Our problem is the lack of depth in key areas which will probably cut us even further adrift come Jan.Mackie is our only striker who can be bothered to put in a shift so i just can't see where our goals are coming from.
God forbid if one of our real centre halves get injured.

Staying Up on 10:39 - Dec 2 with 1920 viewsenfieldargh

as the great Eric morcombe once said

We will get the points, but not necessarily in the right order

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Staying Up on 11:01 - Dec 2 with 1872 viewsTheBlob

There's half a season to go for Chrissakes.When you've got the loanees in to fine tune the setup - maybe BentLampard,Keane,Dawson - will tip the balance.
Plenty of time,plenty of points to be won.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Staying Up on 11:07 - Dec 2 with 1858 viewsMonahoop

It does look gloomy at the moment, but all is not lost. I think if we were to get 3 wins in the next half dozen games it would put the club in touch with the rest of the struggling pack, provided some of them continue to drop points. The last two performances have been encouraging, but the killer instinct just isn't there yet.

There is a beacon of hope. The miracle may yet happen.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Staying Up on 11:08 - Dec 2 with 1851 viewsessextaxiboy

We have just tossed off home games against our 3 relegation rivals whilst only having played Chelsea at home out of the "big " clubs ,
We havnt won away for a year .

Heart says we can do it until there are not enough points , If I were looking at another team in our position I would be saying its almost lost.

Staying Up on 11:08 - Dec 2 with 1847 viewsklr

Listen, I dont mean to ruin anyone's day, but we havent won a match yet & its December 2nd!

Relegated!

Staying Up on 11:21 - Dec 2 with 1821 viewsMonahoop

Not just yet Klr. No team has been relegated in December.

Last season I thought the club were doomed after the defeat at Bolton, but low and behold they stayed up. Have a little hope man. It does no one any harm to be optimistic.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Staying Up on 11:23 - Dec 2 with 1810 viewsbosh67

Or something like that

I think we can stay up. The key difference in the last two games, despite not winning them is that we haven't looked like losing either of them. In fact, on balance, we've had the better chances and more possession in both games. The trick right now is to not lose, obviously winning will help enormously but the players should take some heart that they're holding their own, finally.

Yesterday just highlighted the lunacy of letting Helguson go and DJ out on loan at the start of the season. Cisse's hamstring and head are not 100% and that leaves... Mackie, on his own.

'Don't talk to me about Luton Town Football Club. We now do a lap of honour when we get a corner.' - Eric Morecambe

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Staying Up on 11:28 - Dec 2 with 1790 viewsklr

Its not about not having any hope or not being optimistic / pessimistic, we are all still going to be QPR fans this time next year, I actually quite like the idea of getting a season ticket next year as long as I have a written promise from the club that not even one penny of my season ticket money will be going in Shaun Wright-Phillips back pocket.

take the optimistic / pessimisstic emotions out of it, realistically, we have just played 2 of the obviously poorer teams in this division, we played OK, some people might have even thought we played well & deserved to win, but we didnt & we will be relegated this season, need to have at least 10 points by now.

Its the hope that kills you.

Be realistic about it.

Staying Up on 11:38 - Dec 2 with 1768 viewsJamie

We have a long run of very winnable games in February, March & April. The big task for Redknapp is keeping us in sight of 17th at the end of January and more importantly keep the players believing they can stay up.

Last season Wigan had 15 points at the end of January and stayed up comfortably.

Staying Up on 11:42 - Dec 2 with 1758 viewsklr

Fair point about Wigan.

I cant anything for us though, this "team" reeks of relegation.

Reminds me of that "baby bentley" team at West Ham about ten years ago.

To be honest, any team that has Shaun Wright-Phillips or Anton Ferdinand in it deserves to & will be relegated.

Staying Up on 12:28 - Dec 2 with 1717 viewsAgedR

Glass half full. Harry in charge less than a week, but, suddenly we're difficult to beat.

Forget the mathematics, sides that are difficult to beat stay up.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Staying Up on 12:42 - Dec 2 with 1689 viewstom007

love the optimism and to be honest i am too.
what wigan did last season after only 15 points end of january spells it out perfectly and to be honest on paper we have better players than that wigan side.
it is about confidence and once we have it then nothing will be impossible.
we were equal to man.u last week for 60 minutes in fact almost 2-0 if mackie had not been offside and then who knows what might have happened.
i believe we will do it.

Staying Up on 13:30 - Dec 2 with 1637 viewsTheBlob

Reality is vastly overrated.It constantly fails to deliver.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Staying Up on 13:49 - Dec 2 with 1601 viewsDesertBoot

SWP played well yesterday as he did at Sunderland, but lets single him out anyway.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Staying Up on 14:17 - Dec 2 with 1566 viewsQPRDave

Not feeling overly optimistic i have to say...but everyone but everyone wrote us off with 10 games to go last season so you never know

Staying Up on 14:27 - Dec 2 with 1546 viewsPinnerPaul

My usual question - how much are you having on KLR?

4/6 currently available

I can guess the answer!

Staying Up on 14:44 - Dec 2 with 1517 viewsklr

Dont like him & dont like seeing him in a QPR shirt.

He did well yesterday ? well its all relative I suppose, hitting in the post & missing a one on one, ruining the move after Mackie stole the ball off the goalkeeper when a technically competent player would have tried a chip instead of passing behind Taarabt.

Playing well for some attacking players is scoring a hatrick or a couple of assists, for Shaun Wright-Phillips its hitting the post once every nine months & not falling over / passing the ball to the opposition as much as usual, I'm also still trying to work out exactly what position he was playing yesterday, as far as I could work out Diakite was playing Right Wing.
Shaun Wright Phillips; the right winger that managers dont trust to play at right wing.
Cant stand him, hate seeing the likes of him bleed my club dry & make no apologies for that whatsoever.

Staying Up on 16:10 - Dec 2 with 1455 viewskarlski

i've been a vocal critic of much of what SWP has done at QPR but he was one of the better players yesterday v Villa. He made intelligent runs and got into good positions, yes his finish for the first one-on-one was poor, the second he was desperately unlucky. His little flick round the corner and shot in the 2nd half was another good bit of play and he worked hard.
Let's just say Harry can actually get the best out of him - well then I'd say he's worth having, whatever his past performances have been.
I'll take a lot of convincing, but on the evidence of yesterday it may just be possible.

Staying Up on 16:55 - Dec 2 with 1423 viewsenfieldargh

bosh

whilst having a slash in SFR bog next to F block entrance I noticed the word BOSH graffitied on the wall.

I didnt know you had your own private phissing place!!

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Staying Up on 16:59 - Dec 2 with 1416 viewsBrazilNutR

unfortunately we were difficult to beat for 2 of the other teams in the relegation scrap..and thus doesnt mean a great deal... sure if we remain difficult to beat even against the top teams, then that will put us in with a better chance...but we could have taken points off 2 big relegation candidates and closed gaps..they are the must win games I feel..

I'm still queitly optimistic mind...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024