Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? 19:08 - May 28 with 4883 viewsReslovenSwan1

This clip was taken from WoL

"Staff show support for Martin
Swansea City staff members travelled to Wembley to show their support to former boss Russell Martin. Martin oversaw a 1-0 win for his Southampton side, a victory that made him a Premier League manager for the first time".

This would absolutely infuriate me if I was Coleman. The club is having to sue him to get fair compensation and he has already taken a number of valued backroom staff. Are there concerns over "split loyalties"?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 20:04 - May 28 with 2123 viewsonehunglow

Sick.
We need to cleanse ourselves from him.
Damage caused was significant .IMO.
Corrosive ,divisive,duplicitous

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 21:03 - May 28 with 2058 viewsReslovenSwan1

I read somewhere upto 20 people. It does not sound too good if their tickets were from a Southampton source and complimentary.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 21:31 - May 28 with 2011 viewsQJumpingJack

I wonder if Luke was one of them? Afterall he was very close to Russ.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 21:33 - May 28 with 2004 viewsQJumpingJack

The Trust claim Ken Gude wants a winning mentality at the club. Perhaps Sundays trip was part of the learning experience?

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 21:43 - May 28 with 1978 viewspencoedjack

It’s incredible how so many of our fans are obsessed with Martin

Makes me spew.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 21:53 - May 28 with 1945 viewsQJumpingJack

If the story is true - do we know if the club paid for the transport?

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 22:52 - May 28 with 1887 viewsReslovenSwan1

The source seems to be Jake Humpreys the BBC Jouranlist.

""Commenting on Martin's success, broadcaster Jake Humphreys said on X: "DELIGHTED for Russell Martin.

"An excellent young coach with a brave and brilliant approach to management. Over 20 members of staff from Swansea went to Wembley today to support him.

"That is a mark of the kind of man he is, the mark he leaves behind, and I know it meant a lot to him. His football will be a brilliant addition to the Premier League."

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 05:22 - May 29 with 1796 viewsjack247

If this is accurate it’s ridiculous.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t see an issue, but with ongoing legal action and a Southampton win costing us the Piroe bonus, it’s a really bad look.

I wouldn’t necessarily trust a throwaway line in an article about how fantastic Russell Martin is mind.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 07:23 - May 29 with 1757 viewsDr_Winston

Martin, much like Martinez, seems to be awfully good at getting journalists raving about what a fantastic manager and all round chap he actually is.

In completely unrelated news, lots of stories tend to leak out to journalists from teams where either are involved.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 08:06 - May 29 with 1709 viewsjackrmee

Nothing to see here.
A few of his old workmates travel to support him in the playoff final.
People can do what they like with their time off, including supporting their friends, never mind who they are.

Martin was a decent manager and clearly a very very nice guy.

People think because he walked out, that makes him a bad guy.
How many managers have actually left us happy, since relegation?
Can we really blame them.

LW will be the next to leave for the premier league. I’m guessing, just after he gets SCFC into the playoffs

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 08:43 - May 29 with 1675 viewsonehunglow

which is why I have suggested he is a very clever operator .

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 10:24 - May 29 with 1624 viewsWhiterockin

I tend to agree. If you work with someone for two years and form a friendship is see no problem with that continuing when one leaves. Clearly the ongoing issue is between Martin and the owners, not his former work colleagues. Possibly they have some sympathy towards him and the way he was treated.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 12:22 - May 29 with 1543 viewsonehunglow

I'm a nice man but I wouldn't employ me as coach

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 12:41 - May 29 with 1506 viewsQJumpingJack

I wonder how many genuine Southampton fans could not obtain tickets for the final. And 20 tickets going to Swansea.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 12:44 - May 29 with 1496 viewsReslovenSwan1

I am concerned in respect of the possibility of these tickets being part of a hospitality package. A goodwill gesture from either SFC or Martin to Swansea staff. As such it could have a reciprocal element to it in the form of network and particularly intelligence.

What do I mean? Things like players wages contract buy out valuations recruitment, up and coming prospects .

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 13:03 - May 29 with 1483 viewsKeithHaynes

And there’s me thinking people can make their own decisions to do what they want to do.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 13:18 - May 29 with 1461 viewsWhiterockin

Apparently not in the neath valley you have to seek approval and justify your decision. Ridiculous.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 13:20 - May 29 with 1444 viewsFlashberryjack

"Want a free day out at Wembley mate ?" yes please.

Overheard telephone conversation at the Swansea.com stadium.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 13:31 - May 29 with 1394 viewsKeithHaynes

Thing is both have moved from the Swans and achieved.

Martinez at Belgium and now Martin at Southampton.

As did Sousa, Rodgers, Potter and Steve Copper.

The issue with all those previous managers is they used the Swans as a stepping stone or tried to make things better and were ignored. How any club can employ six managers who all went on to better things and not learn from it should tell you that they aren’t the brightest when it comes to decision making.

For me I tend to look at the facts and leave any hostility out of it. As much as I did personally when Martinez left, and as much as I do with Martin. Too much dislike and hate in your every day life isn’t good for anyone personally.( not saying you do)

Something I tend to do and have done most of my adult life is look at the detail from the other side, evaluate their position based on what you know, not what you think. Which is why Resloven will come unstuck if he continues to state Martin walked out on Swansea with only part compensation. Before that was announced on here the trend was to believe there was no money paid at all, we printed on numerous occasions that wasn’t the case. . Putting aside the reasons why Martin and the club parted company, he joined Southampton believing they were then a Championship club they paid the settlement fee for that.

Suing Russell Martin won’t work in the long run, there will be an out of court settlement now Southampton have been promoted. And in fact I would say the only people who will lose money will be Swansea City by taking this action, however it seems to have brought the issue to the forefront.

There’s not a lot to see here.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 13:46 - May 29 with 1346 viewsKeithHaynes

I will put the people who went to Wembley in to context as well. The club knew, it was a day off and no employer has the right in law to dictate what they can and cannot do. There again is not a lot to this. On your day off you are allowed to go to any sporting event. The tickets came from Martin’s allocation and he is entitled to do what he likes with them

Tell your boss that when you are having a day off to go fishing and they say no you can’t! Or going to the olympics or any sporting pastime. Martin is no longer the Swans head coach. He can as anyone can do what he and they like. There’s no connection between him and the club anymore.

Someone mentioned who paid for the bus ? Who knows but it wasn’t Swansea City.

Anyone who still thinks freedom of your decisions when you are not in work is wrong, need to step back from their opinion and look at the facts. Nothing Martin will ever do will be excused by any of those who didn’t rate him. What he did at the club deserved an opinion, what he does now is of no consequence. Not some of the comments that continue to drag up stuff from a year ago or more, look at things impartially, and remove the hate.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 13:46 - May 29 with 1338 viewsonehunglow

Glad I stayed out of this thread

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 13:50 - May 29 with 1332 viewsReslovenSwan1

Our club tells us Russ personally owes the club £1m club. Swansea will start negotiating for a new Dutch hot shot. Swansea offer £500k but the Dutch want £1.5m saying the guy is the new Piroe. No deal until Russ pays up.

SFC were a Premier league club when they first talked to Martin then they backed off when the got intelligence on the deal. SFC learned it is good to know Swansea s business.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 13:51 - May 29 with 1327 viewsKeithHaynes

Apart from the other posts and this.

‘Sick.
We need to cleanse ourselves from him.
Damage caused was significant .IMO.
Corrosive ,divisive,duplicitous.’

Try and be non judgemental on your dislike and look at things coldly and with the facts. Opinions on an individual person cloud the reality of what is happening.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 13:56 - May 29 with 1295 viewsKeithHaynes

It doesn’t work like that. The club always offer part and future payments in most deals, so that thought is redundant. On the position of Southampton their belief is they were then a championship club. That’s why they paid the compensation as such. As I said it won’t now go to court. in any event, yes someone may owe the club money in this situation. But it is either thrashed out pre court and settled or as I doubt the court will assess what is and isn’t owed and will go from there with an adjudication.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 14:04 - May 29 with 1259 viewsWhiterockin

Leeds are due to pay over £70M in owed transfer fees by the end of June, with over £190M owed in total. Quite possibly some of the Piroe money is involved, dwarfing any Martin money owed.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-uniteds
[Post edited 29 May 14:04]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024