Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm not happening 09:47 - May 6 with 44678 viewsqueensparker

According to a story by Dave Mac.

Not really a surprise but gutting nevertheless

Warren Farm not happening on 16:11 - May 8 with 2405 viewsstevec

Let’s keep our powder dry until the word ‘eyeing’ is replaced with ‘buying’.

Warren Farm not happening on 16:16 - May 8 with 2400 viewsNorthernr

Oh so noooooooow we’re keeping the powder dry? 2 days ago we wanted the CEO out.

Unless lockdown and covid has changed things it’s already further on than ‘eyeing’.

Warren Farm not happening on 16:42 - May 8 with 2293 views2Thomas2Bowles

I've put 3 shekels and a gourd on it being a lease.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm not happening on 16:51 - May 8 with 2281 viewsNorthernr

It’s not.

Warren Farm not happening on 16:58 - May 8 with 2233 views2Thomas2Bowles

That's ok I did each way

GOOD GOOD NEWS.. if...

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm not happening on 17:03 - May 8 with 2232 viewsMedwayR

I wonder how it’ll work. The Concorde Club site looks similar in size to Brentford’s training ground (just down the road) and they don’t have an academy. So is Brentford’s training ground now underused and we’ll be able to fit everyone on one site, or will our academy continue sharing facilities with Cranford Community College. Or am I looking at the wrong site.

Edit: I didn’t realise that CCC provide education for our academy players. Maybe we’ll have all the football at the Concorde Club & use CCC as the base for our community trust.
[Post edited 8 May 2020 17:13]

Poll: Who’s better?

Warren Farm not happening on 17:04 - May 8 with 2230 viewsrsonist

Another Hoos media puppet smokescreen straight from the Tune Group 5G phone masts... wise up sheeple...

Warren Farm not happening on 17:30 - May 8 with 2178 viewsPunteR

This seems to be a very fortunate turn of events. Lets hope we can bag it.

Maybe building a new state of the art training ground was overly ambitious for our club. I don't know much about this training ground but hopefully ticks all the boxes and a place where we can attract new players and keep existing players happy.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warren Farm not happening on 17:31 - May 8 with 2175 viewsPunteR

Wind your neck in.

Warren Farm not happening on 18:27 - May 8 with 2062 viewsJamieNaz

I wonder if many of the people kicking off here have ever been to Warren Farm?

Used to play football a lot there, and since the world fell apart I've been spending a lot of time going there for walks. The latter has been a godsend. Ample space. Not many people about.

Anyway, Warren Farm is on a massive fcking slope. Not a little one. It's huge. Would be a total nightmare to level. Would need tonnes and tonnes to level it, or you'd need to remove loads. Access to the site is also not simple.
Wouldn't be surprised if they did a few surveys and decided it was a total ballache

Warren Farm not happening on 18:32 - May 8 with 2053 viewsPunteR

Took them 9 years to work that out?

Warren Farm not happening on 18:42 - May 8 with 2034 viewsQPR_Jim

The levelling was part of the original plan, think they had 9 months or something in the program for it. That's probably factored into their decision to cut their losses and move on. Own the site, move in straight away and make the upgrade when convenient or more legal battles, over a year to get the training ground built then move it. WF only makes sense if there were no other options, which it appears there wasn't until recently.

Warren Farm not happening on 18:52 - May 8 with 2006 viewsrsonist

Take the red bunglepill and free your mind brother.

Warren Farm not happening on 18:53 - May 8 with 1999 viewsterryb

I'm of the view that I find it hard to believe anything good of TF & Tune group, I celebrated like mad when they replaced Tango & Cash, but IMO they then spent four or five years making them look good!

However, surely this is very good news for the club & it's supporters! Wouldn't the development of Warren Farm have cost more than the purchase price? Won't it be ready for our use a lot quicker?

It might even be the case that Waren Farm was the only viable site until earlier this year & that is why we spent so long pursuing it, but directly a better alternative appeared we moved for it?

If so, that is bloody good management from us!

Warren Farm not happening on 18:58 - May 8 with 1994 viewsrsonist

Might be wrong here but google suggests Charlton and Millwall have training grounds smaller than the 30 acres we'd be afforded at Cranford, both fulfilling Category 2 criteria presuming we still intend to fulfil that aim.

Warren Farm not happening on 19:00 - May 8 with 1988 viewsParkRoyalR

Warren Farm not happening imo is great news,

if Louis van Gaal thought United's training ground was n't fit for top level football due to wind exposure, I am not sure what he would have made of Warren Farm. I've played alot of football there and its the only ground I've ever played on where the game was called off due to the wind. It was a pleasure playing at the Scrubs or Hackney Marsh's compared to Warren Farm.

Like a 40,000 seater Stadium at Old Oak not happening, this is likewise great news.

Warren Farm not happening on 19:00 - May 8 with 1984 viewsrsonist

Speaking of which...

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-warren-farm-academy-052022

QPR’s ridiculous Warren Farm pipe dream has gone — the academy should go too

There’s a common misconception that Rangers’ academy is becoming some kind of amazing success story. It’s pure hype. Hot air.

In reality, the huge cost in no way justifies its (still) very limited success. It’s a burden and one the club would be better off without.

[Post edited 8 May 2020 19:04]

Warren Farm not happening on 19:20 - May 8 with 1953 viewsrsonist

By the by, I was just reading this old thread previously discussing the merits of Cat 2/Cat 1 academies (well it is Friday night...)

https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/232180

And in Norf's words:

"Rent for a training ground - counts.
Cost of building a new training ground or infrastructure - doesn't count.
Maintenance and staffing of it once it's built - counts. "

So there's that evil bllx to consider.

Warren Farm not happening on 19:33 - May 8 with 1916 viewsPunteR

So it was all just a bad idea in the first place?

Ok then.

Love it how we keep comparing ourselves to Brentford. A club that's never played premier league football.

Im done with subject now. Gonna take the blue pill and remain in blissful ignorance.

Warren Farm not happening on 19:52 - May 8 with 1881 viewsNorthernr

I don’t see how ffp exists after this. The only way a huge number of clubs survive is if the owners write a large cheque to cover this. But yes, as it stands, this.

Warren Farm not happening on 20:06 - May 8 with 1850 viewsMatch82

I'm in two minds about this. It's irritating that we have worked so hard to comply with a set of rules (this time) and now they are going away.

However the change in approach has given us a more sustainable club from a turnover perspective regardless of FFP and in the current climate thats a godsend. If this sht had come down two years ago we might not have come out of this with a club at the end

Warren Farm not happening on 20:36 - May 8 with 1814 viewsClive_Anderson

If they suddenly decide FFP doesn't matter then can we sue them for changing the rules as they go along after our massive fine?

Warren Farm not happening on 21:58 - May 8 with 1678 viewsstainrods_elbow

'Cutting their losses' is about the only thing the club's managed to do right in the thick end of a decade - let's all hang up some bunting!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warren Farm not happening on 22:01 - May 8 with 1674 viewsstainrods_elbow

If it is indeed 'pure hype' and 'hot air', dare I ask who will be held responsible for firing up the flim-flam machine all this time? My guess is a big fat no one.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warren Farm not happening on 09:54 - May 9 with 1441 viewsNewhopphoops

My interpretation was that ashville aggregates would be paying the club to dump a few thousand tonnes of hardcore on it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024