Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season over for EFL 18:26 - Apr 30 with 47388 viewsGloucs_R

According to talksport. League 1 and 2

https://talksport.com/football/efl/700954/efl-below-championship-unlikely-resume
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:27]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season over for EFL on 11:41 - May 12 with 2772 viewsRangersDave

Just saw a pop up news report on my phone that says it has been reported that an extra 50,000 more deaths in the 4 weeks up to the 1st May have been recorded.

It doesnt say these are Woohan plague related, but they are 50,000 above the norm for April of any year.

If true, thats concerning.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Season over for EFL on 14:32 - May 12 with 2680 viewsMatch82

And measles, until people started believing that vaccinations were a plot by the government to control us, or something

Season over for EFL on 15:31 - May 12 with 2635 viewsrrrspricey

Not quite true Dave

In the 6 week period from 23rd March there were just under an additional 48k deaths.

Unless this starts reducing quickly i think the return of spectated sports is unlikely anytime soon

Season over for EFL on 15:47 - May 12 with 2605 viewsNorthernr

I know it's tricky guys but if we can generally keep this thread for football/football restart and the behemoth thread for the disease, stats etc that would be great. Obviously tonnes of overlap so it's difficult but hopefully you get what I'm saying. I think that other thread puts a lot of people off and they ignore it so I don't particularly want this one turning into the same thing.

Thanks!

Season over for EFL on 15:47 - May 12 with 2604 viewsRangersDave

thanks for clarifying mate, still bloody scary though eh?

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Season over for EFL on 17:02 - May 12 with 2554 viewsderbyhoop

Yesterday the PL were discussing how they could get their season back up and running. BCD is going to happen, if they ever do restart. However, they don't need fans, as most of their money comes from the TV companies.

Below the PL, it is a different ball game. EFL needs spectator income or its a large proportion of normal costs with little of no income. L1/L2 are even worse. If all 91 clubs make it through this, it will be a miracle.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Season over for EFL on 17:36 - May 12 with 2496 viewsGloucs_R

Blame Brian 😁

I think it should be canned now, decided on PPG.

Role on September

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season over for EFL on 17:36 - May 12 with 2496 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sorry all, that was me!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Season over for EFL on 17:37 - May 12 with 2488 viewsNorthernr

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat a dickhead

Season over for EFL on 17:38 - May 12 with 2480 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm off now to talk footy on the Corona thread...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Season over for EFL on 17:39 - May 12 with 2476 viewsNorthernr

Now that is absolutely acceptable.

Season over for EFL on 17:43 - May 12 with 2458 viewsTGRRRSSS

Moving back to the point, on Neutral Venues for PL - I note nobody's mentioned this for EFL that I can see in the Press.

Also my apologies, just finding the Corona thread too big and political so decided to leave it for now - and a bit overly depressing too.

Season over for EFL on 18:52 - May 12 with 2389 viewsdaveB

They might lose money due to no fans, a lot of the broadcasters pay bigger money not just for the football but for the atmosphere that fans bring, talk is that a lot of the overseas tv deals are going to be cut due to no fans for the rest of the season

Season over for EFL on 20:58 - May 13 with 2149 viewsRanger_Things

Championship clubs aim for 25 May training date after conference meeting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52651502

Season over for EFL on 19:59 - May 14 with 1927 viewsRanger_Things

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52665805

Season over for EFL on 11:02 - May 15 with 1741 viewssupahoopsa

The government says we can only play football with members of our own family.

Norwich vs Ipswich kicks off at

3pm on Saturday

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Season over for EFL on 11:33 - May 15 with 1702 viewsrsonist

Anglian regional leagues have been playing on this whole time, full stadiums.

Season over for EFL on 11:49 - May 15 with 1681 viewsPhildo

One of the things I was thinking about the behind closed doors thing was that it really would show the value to football of fans as TV really needs that atmosphere. Not that long term they would pay any attention..

Season over for EFL on 11:52 - May 15 with 1674 viewsMedwayR

Ironically the TV companies do value full stadiums, seems that it's the clubs that have the problem distinguishing between fans and customers.

Poll: Who’s better?

Season over for EFL on 12:20 - May 15 with 1642 viewsEsox_Lucius

It looks like it is only going to be the Premier League that completes its fixtures now and some ludicrous safety measures to be implemented after concerns by the players and their managers. Players will not be allowed to touch each other and a distance of 2m between players is to be strictly enforced by the refereeing team. Any time the ball is touched by a player the game is to stop to allow a specially trained team of ball sanitisers to come on the pitch and clean the ball before allowing the player in possession to kick the ball. When a goalkeeper touches the ball the game will be stopped whilst he changes his gloves after releasing it.

The grass is always greener.

Season over for EFL on 16:07 - May 15 with 1493 views2Thomas2Bowles

L2 voted to end the season but still have play-offs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-52620390?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source
[Post edited 15 May 2020 16:07]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Season over for EFL on 16:12 - May 15 with 1486 viewsRangersDave

Can open, worms everywhere!

Season over for EFL on 16:16 - May 15 with 1476 viewsPhildo

and no flobbing obviously

Season over for EFL on 17:30 - May 15 with 3154 viewsDannyPaddox

I don’t get why, in Div 1, Oxford Pompey Fleetwood & Peterborough don’t want to the end the season now. They’ve all vetoed themselves a guaranteed place in the play-offs. Play out the rest of the league games and they’re more likely to miss out on the play-offs as they are to get automatic promotion. Also I thought playing games behind closed doors was a big financial drain on the lower league clubs so why would they want a scenario in which they play more?

Season over for EFL on 17:32 - May 15 with 3146 viewsNorthernr

Well I guess they're seeing the way the wind is blowing which is towards no promotion relegation, or certainly no play-offs, if you don't earn it. Premier League noises earlier this week about no promotion from the Championship unless they play the games will soon trickle down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024